TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

No, I meant complaining them about as caveblockers. You wanted an example of a new release that blocked the cave. I gave you one, turpentines. The sentence here is "people were complaining about the turpentines (being cave blockers) if I remember correctly" so I don't understand your point. Also, as angelicdragonpuppy mentioned, some of the 7 day releases were fairly common, and were indeed blocking the cave.

WHERE??!! D:

I was referring to

I mean, it's something of a tradition (rule) for holidays and people still complain about them.

And I think the cave is very different than before. People are unwilling to take eggs from there because AP have almost all common and uncommon and no 5-hour CD and almost ERable.

Yay new release! And double yay (pun intended) for more two-headed species. Thank you T. J. and artists! I just accidentally loaded up on the "undecided" eggs, so hopefully I can trade some for the opalescent eggs.

I was referring to

And I think the cave is very different than before. People are unwilling to take eggs from there because AP have almost all common and uncommon and no 5-hour CD and almost ERable.

By "complaining" I meant to show that having egg limits is not a good idea in general because 1. most people don't like it as a general rule, because it limits their gameplay, whether it be collecting sprites, getting certain number of dragons, getting lineages, etc. Although the holidays are different from the suggested "new release limits" in that the latter is temporary and the former is not, there is still going to be people who are upset because they couldn't get the eggs after the suggested temporary limit is over. I.E it does not solve the problem of "enough eggs for everyone". I had also hoped that the implementation of limits, esp for holidays, which had been in place long enough for people to get used to, are still a point of contest, which means people just aren't open to limits in general. 2. Again, black teas, teimarrs, and black tips. They were released, and quite soon after, people were unhappy about them being caveblockers and wanted them to MOVE so that they can catch coppers. Imagine how much hectic it would be if you had the limits in place. "UGH I want the black tip to move and I just had my eyes off for a split second and there was a copper behind the black tip but I couldn't get it because someone was faster and had cleared the black tip and gotten the copper" uh yeah no. I don't need any more chaos, thanks. 3. Uh yeah the cave is different so what you're suggesting (new release egg limits) will actually make things worse, because less people are hunting in the cave->less blockers moving->couple that with egg limits and it's a gameplay disaster.

Sorry, still not convinced that the "new egg limits" will be anything but a pain in the ***.

Edited by ylangylang

I know there is no lineage plans thread yet but...

user posted image

Breed ALL the two-heads~! (does it look good anyway? Had no idea where to put the original Splits really...)

I know there is no lineage plans thread yet but...

user posted image

Breed ALL the two-heads~! (does it look good anyway? Had no idea where to put the original Splits really...)

/very/ pretty.

I think basically that it doesn't matter what TJ does or why - there will always be people who hate it and complain and people who say he is GOD and can do as he likes (which he can, actually !)

Returns to playing the best she can with what she is able to do. Saves time and blood pressure... xd.png And it IS still fun. Whatever happens, it is still fun. (except for the old pink thing sad.gif)

yeah been working on the opals for the past 6 hrs and not one yet Still trying though to get a breedable pair of each

I finally got 2 of all eggs.

Had bad luck with the greens first, were really hard to get. And due my birdie who jumped around on my keyboard, I had 2 misclicks sleep.gif

._. dang. Been hunting since the release but none of them want to be on my scroll

Egg-locked with an Ice and new release eggs. Don't need to worry about me grabbing any more until 10 P.M. tonight, and I need one more opal from the alpine to have pairs.

I can't get ANY! First of all when there's ONE HUNDRED people crowing a page my wifi goes slow and I can't get anything. I DIDn'T EVEN GET THE LAST TWO!

Is there always this much drama with every new release?

Anyway, I still needed one of the green(?) opals, and sure enough I had one space left, but when I went to the cave I saw this nestled among all the chaos:

This egg is much smaller than the others.

...I regret nothing.

I'm hoping the opals don't turn out like those darn coppers, because I am now locked again.

I think it's funny to see the biomes that are getting almost no clicks, like Coast and Jungle. New eggs are waiting in line, but nobody seems to be interested in getting rid of the blockers that are keeping the new eggs from showing up. Maybe people with slow connections should concentrate their attempts there.

I even saw an Undecided last for a full 30 seconds before it was picked up. And I saw a black cap sit for 30 seconds, too.

Me? I have one of each of the new eggs, and 2 open egg slots. I'm looking for non-new eggs that others might not pick up so fast, now that they're all trying for the new guys. I'm hoping everyone gets egg-locked and leaves the rest of the eggs for me to pick up. smile.gif

Edited by snave

I'll be able to hunt at 12:00PM ( DC time ) tomorrow as I won't be egglocked with these eggs then, so I'll more than likely be hunting for people who can't get any/can't get enough of them to meet their goal. ^-^

Congratulations to those of you who have at last locked yourselves with a good amount!

Quite frustrating release for me... have been hunting for hours and wasn't able to get a single green opalescent, and after about 12 hours from the beginning caveblockers are already mixed with new release eggs sad.gif

No luck thus far, still with just the one red egg xd.png I do hope none of these pull a copper on us...

Is there always this much drama with every new release?

Anyway, I still needed one of the green(?) opals, and sure enough I had one space left, but when I went to the cave I saw this nestled among all the chaos:

...I regret nothing.

I'm hoping the opals don't turn out like those darn coppers, because I am now locked again.

Coorina,

M'dear, this is nothing! You should have been here for the release of the first Valentines! Man was that entertainment!

But, sadly, yes, the crying and whining and blaming and pointing and TJ-bashing and TJ-kissing and DC players being called hoarders if we happen to have more than what someone else deems an appropriate number of eggs on our Scrolls, goes on each and every release. I used to gift out new eggs to people who couldn't snag them but got so sick of being called a hoggish hoarder so I've just quit.

You'll get used to the drama-fest. I'll make popcorn if you like. And congrats on your shiny new chicken!