TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Great dragons! Thanks TJ biggrin.gif

Haha I've just misclicked a Summer! Well, it's good, I still need one CB Summer couple smile.gif

I still only have my 1 egg smile.gif

while the drops are fun, the amount of lag from people and my already slow computer doesnt really help DX

but non the less it is still fun and they are permanent right? so i dont have to worry about never seeing them again ( unless they are like coppers >_> ). so i can always try at a later date if neccesary ^^

It does seem like the competition is lessening significantly-last hourly drop there were about 70 people in the alpine, I think (I may be wrong) which is about half the number it was when we first started, and I could practice-grab two opal eggs with ease (which means I have my fill of the egg slots but I try out grabbing the eggs, to see if I could have gotten them or not) so yeah, don't lose hope. I also think that they won't be as super rare, because I did see a decent amount of them in the last two drops. None on the coast and the other biomes though, just alpine and forest.

With a loading time of several minutes that still won't help.

I mean I have nice things to trade but it can be hard for people with not so many things ^^

I do think the new eggs are pretty so hope to get some soon!

With a loading time of several minutes that still won't help.

I mean I have nice things to trade but it can be hard for people with not so many things ^^

I do think the new eggs are pretty so hope to get some soon!

Yeah, I think that in about 9 more hours? (morning for me) they'll be much more common, and hopefully more people will be able to get them.

Still not happy about the very short drop times though, although I can see how from a business standpoint it's good to make new releases rarer so people will be invested in the game more....but still.

Maybe TJ should have made the drop times shorter gradually, instead of making it so that eggs disappear, Idk, 1 second every 5 minute drop.

The thing is though, I understand completely where people are coming from. This site, to be honest, IS growing bigger because it's popular. And it's not that hard to see why. Frankly I've tried time and again to go into other adoptables-they're way too complicated. There are different genes, things I can't get because they are donation eggs or one time eggs that cannot be bred ever again, you have to feed and race them, there are virtual coins involved, the artwork is more realistic, you have to pay real money (something that I would NEVER do), etc etc. DC is clear-cut and simple. Those are reasons why people DO look for DC and WILL flock to it.

I understand that this drives competition up. I understand that with the constant frustrations that people have, and the fear that this egg or that egg could be rare, drives the competition up even more-which is why I hate speculations over rarity-and leads to more players that have less of a good connection, or are on trips, or cannot otherwise have a frustrating time playing the game.

What I don't understand though, is this idea that you're "entitled" to an egg. That you will be rewarded with an egg, no matter what, simply because you want it. No, you're not. It's frustrating, and yeah, games aren't always fun and joy. I've played MMORPGs where the drop rates for a key item was something in the 0.5s. I never got said item after 2 years. I don't complain. There are other things I can work on, people who sell them, other channels to receive them.

Do I agree with the statement that there are certain things in DC that needs to be fixed? Yes, absolutely. Like the very short release drops. Do I agree that everyone should be given the equivalent of getting a free new egg every drop? No. That's entitlement. People who want to actively RESTRICT other players from getting other eggs, because they can't get one and want to spread them or whatever, that's entitled behavior.

In the end, there's only you, your computer, and the eggs that the site provide. Calling TJ arrogant, because you're frustrated about getting a pixel egg, is crossing the line, I reckon.

I don't believe that it is crossing any line. People are free to voice their frustration and shouldn't have to worry about the backlash that they get from others. Frankly, I didn't see anything in her post that indicated that she felt "entitled" to catch the egg. She just wants a fair shot. In the past, when we had a smaller user base, eggs would drop en mass; at least for longer periods of time. It makes sense that knowing you have more users you would have longer dedicated drops, but instead TJ does just the opposite.

From what I'm seeing many of the issues we are facing right now seem to stem from TJ turning this into his career. In the beginning he appeared happy to have the site turn enough profit to be self sustaining, but several months ago he stated that he was taking this from hobby to career. I think Nine hit the nail on the head by stating that the drops are now aimed at having a ton of people refreshing over the adds as they struggle in vain to catch the eggs because it increased TJ's income. And yes, that can come across as arrogant because of the control factor.

Just my two cents, which is worth about a half a penny in the long run.

From what I'm seeing many of the issues we are facing right now seem to stem from TJ turning this into his career. In the beginning he appeared happy to have the site turn enough profit to be self sustaining, but several months ago he stated that he was taking this from hobby to career. I think Nine hit the nail on the head by stating that the drops are now aimed at having a ton of people refreshing over the adds as they struggle in vain to catch the eggs because it increased TJ's income. And yes, that can come across as arrogant because of the control factor.

I have actually not considered this (!!!) thank you. D: that could potentially explain much.

Congrats Earthgirl and Mysfytt on the release smile.gif A little sad there's once again not a new in-cave artist, but you both make great sprites so I'm sure the new dragons are great biggrin.gif

Managed to finally catch a green opalescent myself, and a friend gifted me a blue opalescent. Will be trying for a second of each, not expecting to get much but maybe I'll get lucky haha. Who knows, I might even be able to gift something if I catch enough happy.gif

I would /love/ to see you say that after a caveblocker release and people are talking about wanting the new eggs to move.

That's not a solution at all.

Name an example of a NEW blocker that block the cave in the first weeks of release.

Looks like we've got, cool.gif Double trouble.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Love the hatchlings! Im very excited to see these adults. smile.gif Now to sit back and wait..

Name an example of a NEW blocker that block the cave in the first weeks of release.

People were complaining about the turpentines if I remember correctly. But yeah, I still think that scroll limits are a bad idea. I mean, it's something of a tradition (rule) for holidays and people still complain about them.

Edited by ylangylang

Successfully resisted the temptation to pick up another Opal and grabbed a colorful egg instead, since they seem to be less rare and a lot of them are being gifted. I'm also more worried about refusals for colorful ones, since I can always interbreed Opal alts.

Time to kick back and relax, I guess. I'm all locked with new eggs.

I'm also more worried about refusals for colorful ones, since I can always interbreed Opal alts.

I wonder if the breeding schemes will follow that of coppers. In that they follow the mother's area of "birth". Like, if you breed a F blue opal and a M green opal, you get a F blue opal, and so on.

Edited by ylangylang

I wonder if the breeding schemes will follow that of coppers. In that they follow the mother's area of birth. Like, if you breed a F blue opal and a M green opal, you get a F blue opal, and so on.

I certainly hope not: two headed breedings are limited enough as is, I'd rather they weren't something unusual like that.

My guess for the names are '2-headed Lindwurm' for the Opals and 'Doublesomething' (xd.png) for the Undecideds.

Can't wait to see them matured! Especially the Opals! °3°

I certainly hope not: two headed breedings are limited enough as is, I'd rather they weren't something unusual like that.

Oh my gosh, you're right D:

The hatchlings look amazing! I specially like the opals, and now I'm quite sure I remember the indecisive dragons from the finished projects.

Edited by FengShien

People were complaining about the turpentines if I remember correctly. But yeah, I still think that scroll limits are a bad idea. I mean, it's something of a tradition (rule) for holidays and people still complain about them.

I have no opinion about this idea, positive or negative. But I don't think "people complain" is a valid argument. Everything about getting eggs WILL get complaints. I believe there will be people complaining if TJ gives all users a free gold egg.

A couple of the seven day release eggs are already fairly common. I've sat in the caves waiting for Blacktips and Black Teas to move, as well as Teimars to a slightly lesser extent.

I have no opinion about this idea, positive or negative. But I don't think "people complain" is a valid argument. Everything about getting eggs WILL get complaints. I believe there will be people complaining if TJ gives all users a free gold egg.

No, I meant complaining them about as caveblockers. You wanted an example of a new release that blocked the cave. I gave you one, turpentines. The sentence here is "people were complaining about the turpentines (being cave blockers) if I remember correctly" so I don't understand your point. Also, as angelicdragonpuppy mentioned, some of the 7 day releases were fairly common, and were indeed blocking the cave.

Holy smokes! Just saw my first Copper in-cave since their release!

WHERE??!! D:

Edited by ylangylang

Looks like we've got, cool.gif Double trouble.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I LOVE YOU.

Forrest! Saw it while I was feintclicking.

Grats to the lucky person who got it!!! :DDDDD I thought they were an endangered species quite rare to see in-cave.