TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Which biome please ,?

I think the red ones are everywhere, the blues in alpine and (rarely) coast, the greens in the forest and (rarely) coast.

Thanks! If I could only figure out when these where i would try and be less scroll locked.

I have a feeling that one Undecided adult will be very colorful and the other one will be black & white.

Hm... the Opals aren't super hard to catch like I thought :/ hopefully we won't have the deal with the Coppers situation again... they look to be really nice dragons. I can't wait to see what the multi colored ones are either smile.gif well, what they'll look like. They're obviously two-heads xd.png

(silly DH)

Hey, but, thanks TJ and spriters!! They'll look great as always!

Apparently releasing new eggs are "arrogance" now. Lol.

Given that people frequently go out of their way to attack anyone with legitimate complaints about how the site is run and don't get smacked down for it, I can see where someone might think that (even though TJ has very little to do with the forums, to my understanding). A lot of people are tired of the constant ass-patting TJ gets whenever someone suggests that the current set-up makes releases unfun for many players and that there are some changes that could be made to alleviate that. Because, you know, how dare we suggest that TJ isn't perfection incarnate. It's not fun to mention that you find an aspect of a game unfun and excessively frustrating and get verbally mauled by people who think you should suck it up because you're a whiny baby who needs to shut up about your frustrations.

Doesn't make that particular path of logic rational for the conclusion, mind. That argument would fit better in an statement that the site is lacking in ways to cope with a userbase this massive, at least during new releases. Still doesn't make your mockery of them better.

And... that's all the time I have today. No opalescent eggs for me. sad.gif But I got three of the other type and I'm very happy to see more two-headed dragons. Thanks!

Thanks! If I could only figure out when these where i would try and be less scroll locked.

Well, as TJ once posted: Usually there is a new release on the first weekend of any month, starting in the night between Saturday and Sunday, at midnight cavetime.

Perhaps you'll be prepared for September this way. wink.gif

Yesssssss! Finally snagged a Blue Opal by myself! Have at least one of each and I'm happily locked while waiting for some pending trades. Good luck to those still hunting. smile.gif

I look like such an idiot, running round the house in an attempt to get the cleaning done then jumping back to the computer every 5 minutes xd.png

LOL I've done that before! xd.png

No worries, They should at least be available through the whole day. It started sometime around midnight and it's been going strong ever since.

(Though the temptation is enough to drive you insane.)

Still doesn't make your mockery of them better.

This, x 1000 + 1.

Thank you for mentioning it.

Two of each, now locked. Which means, one less person hunting. (and DH finally got a pair for a new release this year)

So maybe that'll help those who are having trouble snagging whatever egg. My tip? Click like mad!! And refresh sometime too. Refresh and just keep clicking like no tomorrow if you can.

Finally caught my two of each! biggrin.gif I think I'll leave the rest for others, as lovely as all of these two-headeds look.

Neat! I probably won't be able to grab any (due to being egg-locked with purely ER eggs that don't want to hatch) but i'll be looking forward to seeing these ones in the future. ♥

Just got to see the hatchies. Is that opal a lindwurm or am I blind? Very interesting. tongue.gif

I kinda like the can't-decide hatchlings. Maybe the adults will be colorful; the babies certainly don't match their eggs.

*glances worriedly at egglock and distinct lack of green opals*

Given that people frequently go out of their way to attack anyone with legitimate complaints about how the site is run and don't get smacked down for it, I can see where someone might think that (even though TJ has very little to do with the forums, to my understanding). A lot of people are tired of the constant ass-patting TJ gets whenever someone suggests that the current set-up makes releases unfun for many players and that there are some changes that could be made to alleviate that. Because, you know, how dare we suggest that TJ isn't perfection incarnate. It's not fun to mention that you find an aspect of a game unfun and excessively frustrating and get verbally mauled by people who think you should suck it up because you're a whiny baby who needs to shut up about your frustrations.

Doesn't make that particular path of logic rational for the conclusion, mind. That argument would fit better in an statement that the site is lacking in ways to cope with a userbase this massive, at least during new releases. Still doesn't make your mockery of them better.

The thing is though, I understand completely where people are coming from. This site, to be honest, IS growing bigger because it's popular. And it's not that hard to see why. Frankly I've tried time and again to go into other adoptables-they're way too complicated. There are different genes, things I can't get because they are donation eggs or one time eggs that cannot be bred ever again, you have to feed and race them, there are virtual coins involved, the artwork is more realistic, you have to pay real money (something that I would NEVER do), etc etc. DC is clear-cut and simple. Those are reasons why people DO look for DC and WILL flock to it.

I understand that this drives competition up. I understand that with the constant frustrations that people have, and the fear that this egg or that egg could be rare, drives the competition up even more-which is why I hate speculations over rarity-and leads to more players that have less of a good connection, or are on trips, or cannot otherwise have a frustrating time playing the game.

What I don't understand though, is this idea that you're "entitled" to an egg. That you will be rewarded with an egg, no matter what, simply because you want it. No, you're not. It's frustrating, and yeah, games aren't always fun and joy. I've played MMORPGs where the drop rates for a key item was something in the 0.5%s. I never got said item after 2 years. I don't complain. There are other things I can work on, people who sell them, other channels to receive them.

Do I agree with the statement that there are certain things in DC that needs to be fixed? Yes, absolutely. Like the very short release drops. Do I agree that everyone should be given the equivalent of getting a free new egg every drop? No. That's entitlement. People who want to actively RESTRICT other players from getting other eggs, because they can't get one and want to spread them or whatever, that's entitled behavior.

In the end, there's only you, your computer, and the eggs that the site provide. Calling TJ arrogant, because you're frustrated about getting a pixel egg, is crossing the line, I reckon.

ETA: Idk, maybe I've played too many MMOs where a new management comes in, ruins everything about the gameplay, the character skill balance, and the in-game economy and completely disregards user opinions.

ETAA: I just don't understand the sentiment that just because you're going to play a game it should all be fun for you. Take any platform flash game from, say, newgrounds. It's not gonna be easy all the time. Some levels you will die over and over and over again. It's supposed to be challenging.

I'm not saying that this game is perfect, because no game is, and I can clearly see certain aspects of the gameplay that does need to be tweaked, and I can also see people having dissenting opinions over one facet of the game or another, but something like "restrict other people's gameplay so I can have my eggs because everyone else is stopping me from getting eggs"? Really? Like, why don't we just play a game where we just can do whatever the hell we want? That would be a fun game. Not.

Edited by ylangylang

just got locker with a miss click sad.gif

sometimes i wish that we don"t have to wait 5 hours to abandon eggs

first day releases are the only time were i can get my hands on new eggs, because of my slow connection i can't catch them once they get mixed with commons...

and people will start demanding for cb gold silvers etc just to trade them =/

so people like me will have not chance for even getting them by trading, especially if they were uncommon

I'd be willing to trade you. Granted, I've only managed to snatch the red undecided's so far, but I could trade you one of those for something. I'm not too fussy on what there is in return because I'm still collecting myself.

Congratulations to Earthgirl and Mysfytt on the pretty new dragons! I'm so glad to have more 2-heads, and can't wait to see the adults on these!

My only comment on how hard it is to capture the eggs you want is that I wouldn't value them as much if it was easy. That is not to say that I haven't received a gift or two in the past, but that was because someone took pity on my lack of success and was generous which I will probably do when my eggs hatch in a few days.

I enjoy the competition and this is the first ever time that I got the three different colors of egg in just over two hours. It wasn't easy, I clicked EVERY five minute drop madly and finally succeeded.

Enjoy the fun! Remember, this is a game! Thanks for the pleasure, TJ and Spriters... biggrin.gif

Edited by Husky51

I have snagged an extra green opal in my hunt for blue opals. If someone has done the opposite with blues and would like to swap a blue for green send me a message. Thanks!

My only comment on how hard it is to capture the eggs you want is that I wouldn't value them as much if it was easy. That is not to say that I haven't received a gift or two in the past, but that was because someone took pity on my lack of success and was generous which I will probably do when my eggs hatch in a few days.

Competition isn't fun though if your provider makes DC so slow that it takes minutes to load. So yeah I'm on that end and it's pretty frustrating!

So I try to trade metallics for new releases, like now! ^^

Competition isn't fun though if your provider makes DC so slow that it takes minutes to load. So yeah I'm on that end and it's pretty frustrating!

So I try to trade metallics for new releases, like now! ^^

It does seem like the competition is lessening significantly-last hourly drop there were about 70 people in the alpine, I think (I may be wrong) which is about half the number it was when we first started, and I could practice-grab two opal eggs with ease (which means I have my fill of the egg slots but I try out grabbing the eggs, to see if I could have gotten them or not) so yeah, don't lose hope. I also think that they won't be as super rare, because I did see a decent amount of them in the last two drops. None on the coast and the other biomes though, just alpine and forest.