TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Another new release where only a few can catch anything right away and then

call the rest of us whinning for wasting our time getting nothing. The drops

were mostly white screens last night, and the caves are filled with the same

old blockers as always today. What kind of "release" do you call that? I still

have not seen a single one Copper in a biome since their original release day.

With all the new releases lately, why are we still having the same old blocker

breeds and nothing as even a new blocker?

Congrats to those who did get something new, but NO congrats to TJ for

his arrogance.

That's - a bit harsh. Where's the arrogance ?

I am not so sure about the "undecided" hatchie. At this point I like the opal one better, but that could change with S2 and adults.

I will make no comment on how hard these are to catch. It has all been said already. I don't mind being patient if there is real hope of ever getting one. I hope there is. I have 6 of the undecided eggs and one opal right now. I may give away one or two of the undecideds and try for more opals, or I might just decide to wait until they hatch. It would be nice to have at least one of each color of the opals.

I wish I could be as excited as I used to be about releases on this site, but never mind. At least the hatchies look cute. Thanks to the spriters.

I caught three of the undecideds, misclicked a pygmy (and got a daydream on purpose to breed more soulpeaces. xd.png) The pearls are nearly impossible though, and now I have to go to work and won't be able to catch anything until like nine tonight. =( I love the new dragons, but I wish we'd have a whole day of the new eggs dropping without other breeds mixed in.

The only complaints about whining I saw were when people were declaring these Copper-caliber uncatchable only a few hours into the release, with hundreds of people packed into the Cave hunting.

There's a difference between uncatchable and crazy first-day competition.

Though, that said, skauble's theory back on page 16 has me convinced:

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that part of the idea behind the new schedule of releases, the earlier mixing in of other eggs, and the lack of long mass drops is to extend the amount of time it takes for people to collect them.

For a long time people complained about being bored because they would come for releases, get all they needed and then just wait around. This new strategy does seem to disrupt that. I don't usually have a problem catching things, but with the frequency of the releases even I'm way behind where I usually would be with catching what I need. In that way it does make sense.

I wish I could be as excited as I used to be about releases on this site, but never mind. At least the hatchies look cute. Thanks to the spriters.

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I kind of-

Oops, egg-locked with a mislick. Well... I hope these dragons will still be dropping in 5 hours time. Lol.

Though, that said, skauble's theory back on page 16 has me convinced:

It's a good theory, though the reason behind it could also be for monetary gain. More people refreshing in the biomes for longer = more ad revenue.

Edited by Nine

Finally, a cb pair of 'undecided', green and blue dragons! biggrin.gif

Also, I feel people have the right to blow off some steam if they're frustrated. I often had problems with catching new release in the past.

The hatchies look great. With Earthgirl and Mysfytt as spriters, they should be wonderful as adults. Great job so far!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who caught what they needed last night before other eggs started dropping.

So I come back home and I see a new release. And that also on a working sunday (Yes, I actually went to work on a sunday!). I kinda wish this release was delayed one day, so that I could be home to catch some eggs right on time. I love new releases. I love them more when I can actually get my hands on some new eggs. Anyways, I had luck catching some of those red eggs. Still looking for the opalescents. I absolutely want them. I'm a libra and my zodiac stone is opal..lol xd.png

Thanks to TJ and the spriters for bringing this to us.

i wish they had another trophy, so those who have an ungodly amount of dragons could be able to collect more...

just got locker with a miss click sad.gif

sometimes i wish that we don"t have to wait 5 hours to abandon eggs

first day releases are the only time were i can get my hands on new eggs, because of my slow connection i can't catch them once they get mixed with commons...

and people will start demanding for cb gold silvers etc just to trade them =/

so people like me will have not chance for even getting them by trading, especially if they were uncommon

Thanks for the new releases!

Oh! And TJ? Congratulations on on your new Z!! xd.png

Edited: Congrats on BOTH of them! (TJ ninja.gif 'ed us!)

Edited by Yliah

just got locker with a miss click sad.gif

sometimes i wish that we don"t have to wait 5 hours to abandon eggs

first day releases are the only time were i can get my hands on new eggs, because of my slow connection i can't catch them once they get mixed with commons...

and people will start demanding for cb gold silvers etc just to trade them =/

so people like me will have not chance for even getting them by trading, especially if they were uncommon

i know what you mean, this is why i say they should limit how many of the new releases you can catch(on release day), so it puts everyone on the same page after new release day....

Edited by Zerhai

Wow just woke up from the hunt last night...

I still have the headache I went to sleep with. >.<

The hatchlings are cute, at least.

I have a feeling these opalescents are gonna be hard to catch. :/

Well, its official. Its impossible to hunt on a mobile, in China. On the bright side, 12 PM here was the new release.

all due respect and all, they do limit how many you can at least have on your scroll. i would however, like to see another trophy as i am one who has an ungodly amount of dragons and being able to catch say 8 total (2 pairs of each breed) would be cool. sometimes new release eggs are gifted in other threads so i don't think limiting how many you can catch on release day would be beneficial to those who can't catch them at all. if you don't like what you caught, at least you can abandon it later. sometimes its easier to catch things once the feeding frenzy dies down slightly.

just got home 20 minutes ago and so far i caught 3 of the indecisive eggs. got two green opalescent ones in the forest and two blue ones from the alpine. going to bed!

so far love the eggs on the wiki page. not sure which hatchies are which yet though. thanks for the new dragons!

Edited by spring_dragon

OK, I just can't seem to catch any opals, even on the full hour drop. There's some lag, but absolutely no success on these. Reminds me of the old times, without biomes, where I easily got 2 Vals despite 400 people being on. Now, with faster internet, I can't get these new eggs with 80 competitors...

They look really nice though!

Hooray! I'm now locked with new eggs - two of each opal and three what-colors. Kind of amazing, really, that I didn't manage to misclick something on this laptop. I'm really excited to see what they turn out to be!

i know what you mean, this is why i say they should limit how many of the new releases you can catch(on release day), so it puts everyone on the same page after new release day....

I would /love/ to see you say that after a caveblocker release and people are talking about wanting the new eggs to move.

That's not a solution at all.

Another new release where only a few can catch anything right away and then

call the rest of us whinning for wasting our time getting nothing. The drops

were mostly white screens last night, and the caves are filled with the same

old blockers as always today. What kind of "release" do you call that? I still

have not seen a single one Copper in a biome since their original release day.

With all the new releases lately, why are we still having the same old blocker

breeds and nothing as even a new blocker?

Congrats to those who did get something new, but NO congrats to TJ for

his arrogance.

Apparently releasing new eggs are "arrogance" now. Lol.

Edited by ylangylang