CherryTheCat15

Warriors: Return To The Forest

Lilacshine

Lilacshine spotted Dawnstar and quickly got up.

"Anyday now, I think."

She mewed, starting to groom her pelt. "How are you, Dawnstar."

The marbled lilac(I think) asked her leader.

Leafshade ~ ThunderClan

Leafshade nodded to Flametail, watching the deputy disappear into the warrior's den. As she crouched down to pick up her bundle of marigold and feverfew, she spotted Wolfspirit hauling herself to the camp entrance. Immediately, she dropped her herbs and hurried over to the queen, sniffing her anxiously. "Now, what do you think you were doing, going out of the camp like that?" She shook her head disdainfully, nudging Wolfspirit back to the nursery. "You'd be perfect prey for a fox or badger! Do you think your kits would want that?" Once the queen had lain down, she ran her paws gently over Wolfspirit's swollen belly. Turning to Cloverpaw, who was still in the clearing, she flicked her tail in the direction of the medicine den. "Can you go in there and get me some borage leaves? They will help Wolfspirit produce more milk when the time comes." Leafshade glanced back down at Wolfspirit, giving her a brisk lick over her ears. "Don't you try to strain yourself too much, okay?"

Ravenstar ~ RiverClan

Ravenstar lashed her tail, lowering her head so that she could sniff the pebbles. "I can't smell any fish either," she said a few moments later, straightening. "Are you sure this was the place you buried them?" The RiverClan leader drew her eyes along the riverbank, catching sight of multiple stretches of pebbles. Suddenly, a deeply troubling thought crossed her mind. "What if," Ravenstar began slowly, drawing her words out carefully. "Another cat from a different cat took the prey? The borders aren't permanently established yet, and, and..." She faltered, glancing warily at the ThunderClan border, seeing Sunningrocks on the other side of the border. Briskly, she shook her head. "No, no. I shouldn't jump to conclusions like that."

Cloverpaw~Thunderclan

Cloverpaw immediately nodded her head and raced inside the medicine cat's den. She placed the herbs that were in her mouth on the ground. She took a sniff at a pile of leaves and recognized their scent. She raced back to Leafshade putting the herbs in the den. She sat down and waited for instructions.

Oakpaw Thunderclan

Oakpaw nodded his head and scampered off to where they last hunted. He dug up the prey. He looked around and found the moss tree. Oakpaw clawed at the moss then felt for thorn. Every now and then he pulled out one with his teeth. He looked up and realized it was almost past mid-day. I really want to go to the gathering. He thought. With his paw still roaming over the most Oakpaw accidentally pressed down and his paw pad meant a thorn. "Ow!" He meowed and finished his job, limping back to camp.

Featherfoot~Riverclan

"Sure thing!" Featherfoot answered. He looked around the camp and wondered if everyone was awake. It was a long journey. A lot of cats were tired. Featherfoot wondered if Silverpool was okay. She had been sleeping for quite a while and honestly Featherfoot really likes her.

Edited by catlover232

Thunderclan ~ Sootclaw

Sootclaw skimmed lightly over the border, scenting only key points or the grey areas of the border. While he didn't think that patrolling was a priority, he would follow his clan leader's rules no matter what. As he silently snuck past a bush, he couldn't help but wonder how Shadowclan was doing after the journey, but a rustle in the trees grabbed his attention.

A large, juicy blackbird was pecking at the ground, trying to pull up some worms. Just the sight of it made Sootclaw's mouth water, and he knew that the clan needed food too much for him to miss it up. The bird seemed engrossed in its activity, so Sootclaw slowly worked his way downwind, then snuck forward by the treeline, unwilling to risk crouching in the grassy area lest he rustle some leaves. Crouching backwards, Sootclaw dared not even breathe as he leaped forward, killing the blackbird with one bite to the neck.

"Thank you Starclan." he muttered, silently berating himself that nobody had been around to see that catch he was so proud of. Sighing to himself, he worked his way back to the camp until he strolled into the barely fortified entrance. But yet again, invasion wasn't the biggest threat right now. As he laid the bird down onto the freshkill pile, Sootclaw walked over to Leafshade and Wolfspirit.

"Food's on the pile if you need."

((That's all right!))

Cloverpaw~Thuderclan

"Oh I'm starving!" Cloverpaw said realizing Sootclaw didn't ask her. "You should be more polite to a medicine cat apprentice who is still in the den. Next time you get a thorn in your paw watch me return this favor and not take car of you. Cloverpaw got up and faced Leafshade. "I will bring Wolfspirit a piece of prey, then I will eat myself." Cloverpaw said as she trotted off.

Leafshade ~ ThunderClan

Leafshade turned from Wolfspirit to face Sootclaw. "Okay, thank you Sootclaw," she blinked at him gratefully, licking her paw and drawing it over her ears. "By the way, Flametail was looking for you." The ThunderClan medicine cat angled her washed ears over to the warrior's den, where Flametail was sleeping. "Better not keep the deputy waiting!" she joked before glancing at Cloverpaw. "Yes, go ahead. You've earned it." She nodded with a pleased smile, looking back over her should at Wolfspirit one last time before trotting out of the nursery into the clearing. She had barely taken a breath before she noticed Oakpaw limping into the camp. With a sigh, she hurried over to the young apprentice. Great StarClan, it's not even sun high yet! "Let me take a look at that," Leafshade instructed, indicating to his injured paw with a twitch of her whiskers. She licked the swollen pad around the thorn briskly before taking the end of the thorn in her teeth, gently easing it out. She spat out the sharp thorn, peering at Oakpaw's cut pad intently. "It'll be fine, there's no sign of infection. Just make sure you don't damage that paw any further!" she admonished after giving it a last lick.

Flametail saw Sootclaw and Oakpaw enter the camp. He bounded up to Sootclaw and said. "Hey Sootclaw, I think Oakpaw is ready for an assessment. Not the big one when she becomes a warrior. Just a small one so I can see how her hunting skills are shaping up to."

"Very well thankyou, and also, do you know how many kits you will be expecting?" She sat down and waited for Liliashine's response.

Edited by 0023567467

((I can't find my sheet with all the colors so new colors for my characters!... Tomorrow!))

Distanpaw-Riverclan

He looked at him and started to say the story of his mom and his dad. Once he ended talking about how he got here he told Featherfoot that he would never betray his clan and also that he would really appreciate it if he didn't tell anyone, but if he wanted he could tell the whole clan. His head was down because of his parents and what blood line he was in, a family of traitors. He heard footsteps and looked behind him. His feet shifted and asked if she heard anything.

Silverpool-Riverclan

Silverpool yawned as she woke up. She walked over what seemed to be the closest cats that were awake. Distantpaw asked if she heard anything. "No, I didn't, and that's the fist time I heard you talk." Silverpool spoke softly. "Hello Featherfoot. How was the journey for you?" She asked wondering if he understood what she asked.

(You mean Oakpaw, not Cloverpaw, right?)

(OOC: Oh yeah, sorry I'll change it smile.gif )

"But aren't you a big cat who can look after herself?" Sootclaw chuckled at Cloverpaw's retreating figure. Leaving the medicine cat to her duties, Sootclaw turned to face the deputy.

"As you wish, although I would request that you keep in mind that we are in unfamiliar territory." Sootclaw's tail swished nervously behind his back. "And if I may be frank, are you considering a warrior's ceremony for him soon?" Sootclaw spared a glance at Wolfspirit, wondering how many kits that she would be having. "He can hunt with the best of them, but I doubt he is ready for any large fight."

Wolfspirit~Thunderclan

Letting out a slight huff, the young queen lay her head on her paws, gazing out at the camp with bright green eyes, and wishing she could be helping them. Well, giving the clan more warriors was helping, wasn't it? As she mused over this, she watched the comings and goings of Sootclaw, Cloverpaw, Leafshade, Oakpaw and Flametail. Being a queen was so boring! Rolling onto her back, she hoped her kits would come soon. One and a half moons seemed such a long time!

Mousefur~Riverclan

Widening her eyes, Mousefur turned to look at her leader. "I guess it's possible, but I can't smell any other cats. I probably just lost it. I'm sorry. It's not that much trouble to just get some more though. There was so many in there. Pausing, she glanced over at sunningrocks then lowered her gaze to the river between them and the rocks. "We could always go get some more."

Whisperpath~Shadowclan

Stretching lazily, the old medicine cat padded out of her pathetic excuse for a den and into the clearing. Sitting just outside her den, she lay down again, wheezing. "I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?" she whispered, chuckling to herself slightly, before coughing a bit. "Where's the fresh-kill?" she muttered irritably, glancing around the clearing.

Silverpaw

Silverpaw turned back when she heard her mentor, and got a piece of fresh kill for her. "Here, I just caught it while I was stocking up on poppy seeds." She said, dropping the squirrel in front of up her mentor. "The fresh kill pile is over there." She said, pointing towards the pile. "Do we need any more herbs?"

Ravenstar ~ RiverClan

Ravenstar shook her head, but accepted Mousefur's apology with a subtle flick of her tail. "You're right, the fish here don't seem to be afraid of anything." She snorted, her bright yellow eyes sparkling in amusement. "Don't worry, we don't have to catch another one. I'll ask Rapidwaters to send out another hunting patrol later on." Ravenstar paused, glancing at the sun as it rose over the treetops. "Speaking of patrols, it's nearly sun-high. Shouldn't we have at least one border patrol by now?" She twitched her whiskers irritably, setting a brisk pace back to camp. "If you don't mind, Mousefur" the RiverClan leader called over her shoulder to the warrior. "Can you lead a border patrol along the WindClan border? We haven't seen any disturbances on the ThunderClan side." She nodded in the direction that they had come.

Shadowclan ~ Raincloud

Raincloud strolled into the Shadowclan camp, a small frog clenched between her jaws. Spitting the morsel onto the freshkill pile, Raincloud stalked off to the makeshift warrior's den, where she curled up outside. As she started to groom herself slowly under the midday sun, she watched as the medicine cats pawed over herbs. Slowly, she let the midday sun lull her into sleep.

Whisperpath~Shadowclan

Eyeing her apprentice with a scowl, Whisperpath growled for no apparent reason. Scratching her chin with a hindleg, she closed her eyes before murmuring in a raspy sing-song voice, "Marigold, catnip, juniper berries..." She repeated the word 'berries' a few times before biting into the squirrel ravenously. After three bites, she absently pushed it away and fell asleep.

Mousefur~Riverclan

Mousefur gave a curt nod, before adding, "With Rapidwaters permission I'll take Distantpaw and Silverpool." Giving a final glance at Sunningrocks, the young she-cat padded away through the reeds back towards camp, leaving the leader on her own, her grey-and-white tail waving above the vegetation before disappearing.

Edited by Zanzibar79

Silverpaw

Silverpaw nodded, and went off to search for some of the things she had listed. First off, the catnip patch. She trotted over to the catnip, and gathered a few stalks in her mouth. She headed back to camp, and noticed hat her mentor had fallen asleep. She placed the catnip in the stores, and headed off to find some marigold. She found some a bit east of the poppy patch and grabbed some to take back. She took it back, and went to search for the last thing, juniper berries. She got a leaf, placed some berries on it, and put it in the stores. She decided to eat, since the walking around had made her hungry. She grabbed a squirrel she had caught from the fresh kill pile, and settled down to eat it.

Ravenstar ~ RiverClan

Ravenstar returned Mousefur's nod, remaining silent as she watched the young warrior stalk away into the dense undergrowth. She lingered in the place that she was standing in for a few heartbeats, breathing in the scents of their new home. This is the place that StarClan meant us to be. It must be. With a deep sigh, she began to head back to the RiverClan camp, following Mousefur's scent trail. When she reached the camp, Ravenstar trotted quickly across the quiet clearing ducking her head into the dim medicine den. "Hello? Splashpool? Cloudpaw?" she called out the names of the RiverClan medicine cat and her apprentice, waiting for a response with her tail tip twitching.

Oakpaw~Thunderclan

Oakpaw gratefully dipped his head at Leafshade as she took out the thorn. "I'm happy you caught me and not Cloverpaw. She would've said I insulted her and push the thorn deeper." Oakpaw said as he licked his paw pad. His stomach let out a large growl and he decided he deserved a meal. After all my greatness needs refueling. Oakpaw thought and trotted off happily suddenly changing his mood.

((Hey, can I make Silverpaw have like forbidden love or something? Just an idea that occurred to me.))

Rapidwaters~

He frowned and snorted. Everyone appears to be asleep... He thought and growled. I can't do any patrols now...oh Ravenstar's gonna kill me... The silver tom sighed.

((@SpiritWolfe: Since Mousefur is still a really young warrior, I thought I should have one of the cats be her previous mentor, and was wondering if you were alright with Ravenstar being that cat, since Mousefur seems reasonably comfortable around her, and isn't around most cats.))

Mousefur~Riverclan

Sitting down a small way away from Distantpaw, Feathertail and Silverpool, Mousefur curled her tail neatly around her paws. Extremely aware that they were having a conversation with Feathertail, she kind of squirmed a bit in agitation before spotting Rapidwaters. Relieved to delay interrupting them, the she-cat padded over to him. "Hey. Umm, Ravenstar asked me earlier if I was willing to lead the sunhigh patrol around the Windclan border. I just wanted to check if that was alright with you. I mean, I'm not exactly the best at... leading and... such..." With each word, she seemed to get more and more nervous, and slightly frustrated with herself. It wasn't that she was a coward or such, just that she found it uncomfortable to be around other cats.

Torrentbeat~RiverClan

The ginger and gray she-cat shot a glance at the slowly flowing waters of the river, and looked back ahead before she let her eyes reach ThunderClan camp. She wanted to stay out of their way, even if all she would have done was glance at their side of the river. She flicked an ear and padded back in the direction of camp. As she arrived, she spotted Ravenstar entering the camp as well. She curtly nodded in her direction, then looked down at her paws. She could still hear the gentle gurgling of water as she looked back up and sat down.