CherryTheCat15

Warriors: Return To The Forest

((This is from the wiki since I'm pretty sure the medicine cat den would still be okay since it is not a den in a log. "The medicine cat's den is a crack in a rock, near a small grassy clearing, a tunnel of ferns leading to it. Inside there is a grassy clearing with a small pool at one edge. One tall rock stands at the side, split with a crack to keep herbs inside." I didn't know this either until I checked the wiki. I still may be wrong since I don't know if the Medicine cat den has been crushed.))

Cloverpaw looked to Scootclaw with an annoyed look." I am not an kit anymore. I can look out for myself." Cloverpaw said as she angrily turned around to see Owlstar walk in. She listed to him and dipped her head in disappointment. Cloverpaw was a bit embarrassed from snapping at a warrior in front of her leader.

Edited by catlover232

Thunderclan ~ Sootclaw

Nodding respectfully at his leader, Sootclaw meowed a small greeting towards him. Startled to see that he had offended Cloverpaw, he gave an apoloetic shake of the head, green eyes slowly scanning the room.

"But even warriors need to eat do they not? And the freshkill pile is looking pretty bare. I was simply checking whether hunting would be a priority, or whether reinforcing the dens would be a good idea." Turning to his leader, Sootclaw continued. "Any particular thing you would like me to do today?"

Ripplepaw

Walking over to the edge of the cleaaring, Ripplepaw set down his sticks and walked back to the nursery. As he heard Firespirit calling him Ripple quickly walked over to his mentor, "Ok." he said, "Can we hunt while we're out?" he asked, his tail flicking at the thought of catching prey for his clan, "Or will we just be getting a scope of the land?"

Ashkit

As Ashkit reached the top of the log he looked down and saw it was right next to Lilacshine. "Hey, Lilacshine look at me!" he called proudly walking up and down the log, "I am going to be the best warrior EVER!"

Lilacshine

Lilacshine looked up to see Ashkit. "Why hello, Ashkit." she meowed. "I'm sure you'll be the greatest. Just don't fall, okay?" she didn't want Splashtail yelling at her because his son fell off a log by accident.

Edited by girlfairy76

Cloverpaw's embarrassment went away and was replaced by guilt. Scootclaw was so nice to her after she just snapped at him. "A nice piece of fresh kill would be nice." Cloverpaw admitted. "And this place could use some fixing up" Cloverpaw added as she looked around the room. Then she turned to Owlstar and answered for Leafshade. "We were just about to go out and collect some herbs."

Edited by catlover232

Ashkit

"You bet I will!" Ashkit said leaping down from the log. Dropping into a makeshift hunter's crouch Ashkit patiently crept up on Lilacshine's tail. Leaping Ashkit batted at hi 'prey' and pinned it under him. "I have caught this for ShadowClan!" he crowed lifting his head.

Firespirit

Firespirit grinned. "Yes that's an excellent idea." She meowed. "We have to watch out for rogues though, they are still prowling the territory, and are not at all happy of us moving back in." She padded over to the entrance of the camp and slid out, thinking of where to head. None of them knew this territory well at all, so she just scanned the forest. "I know, lets go over by the pond, if we're lucky there could be a mouse, or maybe a frog or two. Do you remember the way? We passed it while finding our camp."

Owlstar

Owlstar nodded to Cloverpaw. "All right, i'll let you be, then." He looked over at Sootclaw and thought for a moment. "Actually, yes. I do have something for you. Would you and your apprentice like to join me, i'm heading out to mark the border. I don't trust the other clans, and i feel wary without any scent to mark our border. If we spot some prey, that would be great too." he scanned the clan uncertainly and looked very old for a moment. Owlstar had lived in the lake territories all his life, just like many of the other cats. But he was old and he had never known any other place. Leaving the lake was really taking a toll on him.

Edited by CherryTheCat15

Thunderclan ~ Sootclaw

"No problem." murmered Sootclaw, nuzzling Cloverpaw affectionatly. Turning to the leader, he nodded along to the leader's instructions, approving of the plan.

"Not sure if Oakpaw is up yet. It's been a hard few moons." Seeing Owlstar's eyes glaze over with thought, Sootclaw brushed up against him briefly.

"We lived here once, we can do it again." Nodding his head in farewell at the medicine cats, he stalked out of the medicine cat's den and towards the makeshift apprentice den.

"Oakpaw? Where are you?"

Ripplepaw

"Yes." Ripplepaw responded to him mentor as he took off through the forest. When they reached the pond Ripplepaw scented the air and quickly zeroed in on a frog. Lowering himself into a hunter crouch Ripplepaw stealthily moved forward over the pine needles and quickly leapt onto the frog snapping its neck.

Flametail saw Oakstar and hurried over to him. "Hi Oakstar, do you want me to do anything right now? I've already organised patrols and I think the dawn patrol should be coming back by now."

Oakpaw awoke at the voice of Scootclaw. He yawned and stretched his paws. Like most of the clan cats he was too exhausted to make a den, but he didn't really care since he fell asleep the second he laid down. Oakpaw flexed his shoulder which ached since he slept on it wrong. He stumbled out of the den half asleep and muttering "Oakpaw is the greatest cat." Oakpaw blinked a few times and fully woke up. He found himself at the edge of the fresh kill pile. Oakpaw blinked and ran to Scootclaw who was calling him.

Rapidwaters~

He listened to Ravenstar silently, and gave a small nod of approval to her when she caught the fish. "Ravenstar, we all make mistakes. Maybe StarClan did too. But we won't know for sure until we get used to our new home. So don't worry about it for now." He said softly to her, trying to comfort his distressed leader. He saw another silver flash and grabbed another fish out of the water. He killed it with another blow of the neck. It was smaller than the first, but it would have to do.

Leafshade

Leafshade nodded encouragingly each time Cloverpaw matched a herb with its use. "Yes, yes yes, and..." The ThunderClan medicine cat raised an eyebrow, padding to the back of the cave to bring out a few bundles of dried feverfew. "Lokk at it. Remember it's scent. Feverfew is used to reduce fever, and it can soothe stomach aches." The tabby she-cat returned the herbs to their proper place. "Now, we'd better get started on collecting some herbs. Our stocks are diminishing quickly," she added with a worried glance back at the herbs. "We must hurry. Come on." Leafshade began to trot to the camp entrance, ducking so that the prickly gorse tunnel wouldn't snag on her fur.

Ravenstar

Ravenstar didn't reply, she only gazed up as the last bright stars in the sky disappeared in the rosy light of dawn. She crouched down and picked up the small silver fish, heaving herself to her paws with her ears flattened in dismay. She began to pad away from the river, the tendrils of the willow tree touching her dark-furred flank. "Come on, our clanmates will be waiting," she mumbled to Rapidwaters around her mouthful of fish. What if we never get used to our new home? What will happen then? If the clans before us were driven out, surely that's a bad sign? Ravenstar hung her head and let her long plumed tail trail through the dirt.

Echopaw

As Echopaw reached Honeypaw she quickly woke her, "Come on! We have to rebuild the nursery." she said nudging Honeypaw's sleeping shape, "It's going to take forever so I'm going to go get started!" Leaping back over to the collapsed den Echopaw squirmed her way inside and evaluated the walls. Hmmm I think they will all hold up except for this one Echopaw thought shoving on the weaker wall that collapsed quickly. Climbing back out Echopaw started dragging some of the dead gorse from the wall away so it could be weaved in later.

Rapidwaters~

Rapidwaters picked up the fish in his jaw and followed her back to the clan. She should relax for a little bit. It's been stressful for all of us. He thought. Once they entered the camp, the deputy put the fish in the freshkill pile. "Ravenstar," He started once she had put her prey down. "Why don't you rest for a little? I can handle everything else."

Cloverpaw suddenly remembered the herb after Leafshade showed her. The knowledge of it suddenly pored back in her head. "Sorry, I remember now." Cloverpaw said as she followed Leafshade. Cloverpaw is usually very hot-headed but respects her mentor very much. If it was any other cat Cloverpaw wouldn't have hesitated to snap at them. Cloverpaw suddenly bumped into Oakpaw. "Hey sis!" Oakpaw said cheerfully, but Cloverpaw greeted it with a sneer and mewed ,"Watch it!", as she trotted off.

As Oakpaw happily walked to Scootclaw thoughts of doubt started popping up in his mind. Was it really the right thing to come here?As Oakpaw sank deep into thought he was reeled back to reality by bumping into Cloverpaw. He was happy to see her. "Hey sis!", he greeted her, but in response he got a sneer and a "Watch it". Oakpaw let out an amused purr. Typical CloverpawHe though and continued walking to Scootclaw.

Edited by catlover232

Thunderclan ~ Sootclaw

"Nice lie in?" Asked Sootclaw, slightly annoyed that his apprentice had not been up with the dawn. How any cat could sleep in late was beyond him. "Quit your gossiping, we're going on a patrol." He paused. "With the leader. I know we haven't had much time to train so far, but I need you to do me proud." Dropping the stern facade, Sootclaw smiled down at his mentee.

"Anything you can catch on patrol, you can eat. Now let's move it." Sootclaw padded away towards the entrance.

Oakpaw~Thunderclan

"I slept great! Thanks!" Oakpaw said happily then realizing a little to late that Scootclaw was annoyed and joking. Oakpaw gave Scootclaw a half smile in embarrassment and shook it off. "With the leader?" Oakpaw gasped. "I need to learn as much as I can from him since one day I with become the greatest leader of all times!" Oakpaw said as he quickly groomed his fur,"I have to look my best if I want to become deputy", said quietly. Then he puffed out his chest when Scootclaw said to make him proud. "When do I not make you proud?" Oakpaw asked in response then he realized it wasn't the best question. Ignoring his mistake again Oakpaw followed Scootclaw.

Edited by catlover232

((@Cherry: Are you going to make an OOC Thread?))

Leafshade

Leafshade nodded in satisfaction, her eyes gleaming with pride. "Good, feverfew is a useful herb." she paused, shaking out her short tabby fur. She opened her jaws slightly and drank in the air, her paws itching with anticipation as the distinct scent of various herbs entered her mouth. "How about we go look for some feverfew first? Then we'll find some burdock root, comfrey, and cobwebs." She trotted after her eager apprentice, purring in amusement at her nonchalant greeting to her brother, Oakpaw. Leafshade stopped to lick his ears reassuringly, murmuring, "Don't worry, you're lucky to have a sister like Cloverpaw." She glanced playfully over her shoulder as she bounded away to catch up to her young apprentice. "Now, Cloverpaw," she slowed her pace to catch her breath. "Lets test your scenting skills. See if you can find some feverfew.

Ravenstar

Ravenstar dragged her paws into the camp, dropping her fish limply over Rapidwater's catch. Suddenly, she turned on the RiverClan deputy with her teeth bared, with her fur bristling and her hackles raised. "No! I don't need any rest! You can't handle the whole clan on your own." She began to stalk away furiously, but she stopped and turned around, shame clouding her amber eyes. The leader sighed heavily and bowed her head in regret, shuffling her paws uncomfortably as she apologized. "I-I'm sorry, Rapidwaters. I have no doubt that you could run this whole clan on your own. You'll make a wonderful leader, you've already proven that. I'm just...uncertain, fearful, desperate..." She shook her head in defeat. "You know, you're right. I'll eat some freshkill, you'd better set up some patrols."

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"We're not that short on warriors yet..." Sootclaw muttered, his words taking a darker tone as he looked around the camp. They'd lost too many cats on the journey back, and lean times were sure to be ahead.

"But isn't learning from your mentor priority?" Sootclaw purred in a slightly lighter tone. His mentee at his tail, Sootclaw padded towards the unfortified entrance to the camp, and looked back to check for the leader.

((No Ashkit's father is Splashtail but I would probably say his mother died on the journey. If anyone would like to make a character to fill the place I would be fine with it.))

Edited by Raven301