MendezLightning

The Five Clans

"是的,我讲英语。我的母语是普通话," * Chou replied. "Um, wait, yes, uh yeah, I speak English. However, Mandarin is my language. Er...I mean native language. Yeah. Native language. Sorry." She scratched the back of her neck and smiled. English wasn't always Chou's strong point. There was a 80% chance that she'd string together her words correctly. Unfortunately, today wasn't one of them. Chou noticed that there was another girl, one with hair styled into cornrows was shaking the blond boy's hair. The brunette assumed that the boy that talked to her was of German descent, while the other girl was of African descent.

'It's best to initiate a conversation, right?' She thought. 'I guess we're going to have to speak to each other sometime today.'

"Um, hello," Chou exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "How's your day so far?"

*(Yes, I speak English. Mandarin is my native language.)

Elisha glanced down at Chou and blushed slightly, embarrassed for having missed her. Wow. If there wasn't a very real possibility that she actually knows how to use her sword and could gut me in a matter of minutes, I'd tell her she's kinda cute.

"Well, fourteen hour flight, customs bull and a cranky driver aside, I'm doing pretty good. Elisha And...wait, no. Andrews Eli...screw it. Elisha at your service. Did some stranger show up at your house with a sword too?"

At this, she presented the Mokusei burēdo, trying to hold it in the least threatening manner possible. "So, where are you two from? I'm a New Yorker, or at least I was." She bit her tongue to keep from babbling further.

Edited by Elacular

'Ach!' Stefan gasped in surprise as Elisha shook hands with him. He wasn't the strongest of people, and was a bit embarrassed that the girl was apparently as strong as, if not stronger than him. 'My name is Stefan Meyer, I come from Germany,' he replied, reciting the basic phrases of English he was taught in school with ease. 'I come from a town called Tauberbischofsheim.' When asked about the sword he held in his hand, he furrowed his brow. 'Um ... this was given to me by a man that I have never met in the midnight. He gave me this, and that is all I know ...' he ended his sentence awkwardly.

Ich wusste, dass ich Englisch mehr studieren sollte ...

I knew I should studied English more ...

((Just clarifying, "ach" is a normal filler word in Germany, it's not weird xd.png

And yes, that is a real German town, too))

((sorry, been busy with work, will try get a post up later once I have a stable internet connection, or early tomorrow))

Kaz watched as the others began to group together off to the side. In all honesty, it sort of felt like he was at a new school, where everyone was meeting each other for the first time. Not really the best situation for Kaz, who was a bit of an introvert. He was never really the type to put himself out there and meet new people and that part of him was unlikely to change.

It was one of the main reasons why he was dreading this visit. Having to meet his mothers side of the family for the first time and before having met them, already feeling a sense of unspoken disdain from the driver. If his mood was anything to go by, meeting his 'family' was not going to be a fun event.

Kaz sighed and held the sword at waist height, continuing to look out at the scenery.

"Why me...?" he thought to himself.

((I'm also lazy to post after getting back home o3o... just wanna lie down and watch the tele tongue.gif))

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Elacular, Chou didn't intoduce herself to Elisha or Stefan prior to this post.))

Chou nodded. After the others introduced themselves, she decided that it would be best if she did so too.

"My name is Nakamura Ch- Ju Hua, er nevermind. I'm Nakamura Chou. It's nice to meet you," she replied, twiddling her fingers. "My homeland is China, I guess. A stranger didn't show up at my house, they approached me when I was returning home from...cram school." Chou swore under her breath. Had she introduced herself in her birth name, none of the self corrections she made would've happened.

'They must think of me as a fool,' Chou thought. '笨蛋...* I hope they don't notice anything 'wrong' with my eyes. It'll be embarrassing to explain my reasons to them.'

* (stupid egg)

((Sorry that I'm not posting much, I'm cast in a play and rehearsals are right after school for like four hours - I'm exhausted ... sad.gif ))

Stefan nodded simply as Chou spoke. Truth be told, he hadn't understand much - today wasn't a good for English and the girl's accent and uncertainty with English made it difficult to understand what she was saying. The ferry, however began to stop as they reached the island. It looked like a town built around the island's many ridges and random plateaus, with long winding roads twisting around the mountain-like isle. 'Mensch ...' he muttered. (Wow ...) 'Is this where we stay? It is ... fantasisch ...'

Five more people in suits watched them as the ferry stopped. Each had a different badge on their blazer, a Japanese symbol. Sind sie die Sinnbilder unserer Familien ...?

(Are they the emblems of our families ...?)

Kaz instantly saw the family crest of the homura clan. A man with a large scar down the right side of his face and the distinct aura of a man who would fit right in with the Yakuza. Instantly Kaz felt a sense of fear, a bead of sweat dripping down the side of his face.

That man intimidated him, that was certain.

Stefan wasn't sure of the symbol for his Clan, he could hardly remember what it was called ... Yet a young woman stepped forward, noticing the Kurokami in his hand and beckoned for him to walk up the large staircase that rose up behind the five people. The staircase went extremely high, with landings at random intervals so that paths could lead off of it to the other parts of the island, yet it was obvious that he was meant to go straight. The woman silently followed him.