Alex relaxed as he sat beside her. "So, you own a leopard?" He asked, interested. It wasn't every day that you heard of someone having a pet leopard. Maybe a pet Bengal but not a leopard.

Asami nodded her head. "Mmhmm. She was a gift to me on my 18th birthday. I got her when she was a pup. She is still young but she has grown a lot." She giggled a little, missing her already. She hoped she was safe from the fire.

He could see worry in her eyes. He gently patted her shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm sure she will be fine." He gave her a warm smile. He turned on the television and pressed the number 4 on the remote. The channel changed to the local news. Their was live footage of the fire that was burning wildly. The reporters voice came on and said, "Attention, everyone in the northern region has been asked to evacuate. So far, everyone is cooperating. If an official happens to stop by your house and asks you to evacuate, please cooperate. We are only doing this for your safety. Fire officials are continuing the their attempts to put out this fire. We have not determined how this fire started but so far it has damaged and destroyed 3 homes. Nobody has been killed or injured thanks to evacuation efforts." The camera rolled to live footage again.

As Asami watched in horror, she saw footage of her home. The fire was creeping up on it. She gasped. "no no no no no! Please no!!" She watched as the fire reached her house and it want up in flames rapidly. She had tears rolling down her face. "no!!!!" She jumped up and bursted outside, taking off towards the fire.

Alex was startled by her screaming. He then saw her take off to the fire. He sprinted after her and grabbed her by her hand and pulled her back. "Wait! Please don't go.. It's dangerous." He figured that the house he saw on television was her home. His eyes soften. "I'm sorry about what happened. But if you go back, you won't find anything but fire and ashes..." He looked down feeling bad for her. "...You're welcome to stay at my place as long as you need.. It's just me here anyways." He offered kindly.

Asami sobbed as he held her back. She was in denial. Everything she had was gone.... She turned to him, throwing her arms around him and squeezing him.

Alex looked down at her, unsure of what else to do. He gently hugged her back comfortingly as he ran his fingers through her hair. "It'll be ok.." He tried to comfort her.

Alex gently took her hand as he led her inside. He softly closed the door and changed the television to the movie channel. Transformers the movie was playing. He saw the sun beginning to set. He heard his stomach growl quietly. He hadn't eaten since this morning. He walked into his kitchen. "Just make yourself at home. Are you hungry for anything?" He asked.

Asami replied, "sure." She sat on the couch, glancing around the house. She tried making herself relax but she was in a strangers home.

Alex repled, "Okay, I am going to make hamburgers. Is that okay with you?" He began to de-thaw the hamburger meat in the microwave. He turned on the oven to preheat it.

Asami stayed in the living room. "yes that sounds delicious" She tucked her knees to her chest and let out a yawn as her stomache growled.

Alex began cooking the burgers. About an hour later he came into the living room with two plates of burgers and french fries. He set the plate on the square table in front of her and set his plate on the other table. He took a bite of food and then asked her, "So what's your name?"

She thanked him for the food. Not every guy knew how to cool. She was lucky he even took her in his home. "I'm Asami. What about you?" She took a bite if her French fry.

Alex took another bite then replied, "That's a unique name. I've never heard it before." He smiled. "I'm Alexander but you can call me Alex." He smiled. He finished his food and threw his plate away then sat back down next to Asami.

(afternoon.

Asami blushed as a smile escaped her face. "that's a nice name." She then finished off her burger. "that was delicious. You cook?"

Alex nodded. "Yes ma'am. My mother taught me when I was young." He smiled, remembering the days when his mother was alive. He missed her. He then brought himself out of his thoughts. "So what do you like to do in your free time?"

(Ok, Isabella's shift is done.)

Isabella stretched, "Bye Chloe." She waved her friend goodbye, taking off the apron.

Chloe frowned as she was alone and in charge of the entire store by herself again. "See you tomorrow!" She called out. She then played with the cats after feeding all the animals.

Asami sipped her water, "Well I like to go hiking.." She looked down after letting out a sigh. She couldn't believe her home was gone...Lizzie was in there too when it burned down....Poor animal was burned alive. Asami was frozen in shock. She went pale as she began to tremble lightly, imagining the gruesome death.

Alex was listening to her when her voice changed a little. It quivered and cracked. when he looked up, he saw Asami paler than ever. She was shaking as well. He quickly went to her and hugged her. "Hey, hey, it's ok..It's over now. I'm sorry about your loss. I know it's hard." He frowned as he held her close.

Asami clung to him in tears. Five minutes later her tears subsided. She still held on to him as she looked up. "I-I'm sorry...I usually don't cry like this.." She felt embarrassed.

Alex gave her a lighthearted smile as he brushed her bangs out of her face and wiped a tear off her cheek. "Shhh...It's ok. Just let it out alright." He continued holding her close. He knew what it was like to lose everything, which is why he felt bad for her. But he wouldn't let her go through this alone.

Asami managed a small smile as she wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his chest. 'Why am I trusting him so easily....He could be a killer...No!....He is a nice guy...Very sweet...He won't hurt you..' She looked up at him again. "I know I've said this before, but thank you... For everything. I-It really means a lot to me."