picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

Fayt moved a bit closer as Kathia looked up at him. He was half afraid himself she was going to jump up at him with a gun. Of course, those were disabled now, right? "I'm not going to hurt you..." he paused as three men appeared. Fayt still had the cloth to his nose in case any were bleeding. "Nnngh?" he groaned momentarily, cocking an eyebrow at their initial reaction and tilting his head slightly in a misunderstanding head-shake. So they were afraid of him but the first thing they did was risk pissing him off by coming at him with a knife? He caught the man's wrist with his free hand, holding it firmly. he had the nerve to tell them off for being dense, but calmed himself. "I'm trying to help, thanks. I'm not a dragon... not exactly..." he trailed off, giving him a slight shove back as he released the man.

Albel watched the dragon fly off. He watched the boy move to the door and then decide to stay inside. He wondered if he was injured. Why shouldn't Abel be able to have fun while the other dragons are rampaging? Albel took a running start towards Nick. He reached him quickly, drawing his katana and stabbing it into the wall next to Nick's head, "Hey kid" he greeted with a smirk, staring down at him.

The man was taken by surprised and murmured, "What?!" He tried to twist his hand free in hopes to get himself away before the creature would attack him, but it was futile under the hybrid's grip. The creature claimed that he wasn't a dragon and that he was just trying to help. "What?! Not a dragon? Then what are you?" the man asked, confused. The creature did stood upright like a human and had the body figure that was unlike that of biped dragons, plus he wore a scarf and goggles. Maybe he was just some guy in a costume? But it looked too real to tell.

((Sorry about the long wait, I was taking a break from the computer. I'll do the Flarina part tomorrow.))

Fayt stared at the man blankly for a moment. He didn't want to say hybrid. That always put people off. He settled for being 'cute'. "I'm a mechanic" he said simply. Fayt looked back to Kathia, "I came out of the shop and saw everything go crazy... I heard her crying and thought she might be hurt..." he continued. Fayt moved in front of Kathia and crouched down in front of her, "So, are you alright?" he asked again. He just hoped she didn't suddenly snap. He hated fighting- even though his brother was so keen on it.

(Take one)

Nick turned his head to the side and took a bite of the sword. He loved the taste of cold steel in his mouth.

------------------------------

((Take Two))

Nick leaned to the side right as Albel stabbed and the sword landed dead center of his skull, killing him instantly

-----

(((Take three)))

Nick's eyes were half closed, but he could hear Albel coming. He kicked himself off the wall and to the side, even though the blade wouldn't have hit him Nick didn't know that. He landed and rolled shoulder to hip ending up on his feet, but he stumbled at the end and had to catch himself on the wall to avoid falling. Turning his head to face his assailant he let out an audible groan. Blade wielding dragons, whats next are they going to start coming at me with guns? "I don't suppose you're here to offer me tea and crumpets are you?" the tired boy rasped, feeling a fresh spike of adrenalin.

Edited by picknick10

((Oh Nick goes that way does he? Lol

Take one: Sai supports Nick bot as Nami))

Albel hummed a brief amused sound as Nick rolled out of the way. Just like a little monkey, aren't you... he thought. Albel pulled his sword from the wall easily and turned on Nick. "Quite the opposite, kid. See all the dragons out there are having fun. I figured I'm entitled to some too. I don't care for dragons, they've always hated my kind. But your kind... you were the ones responsible for making this mess in the first place" he held his katana to Nick's throat. His thoughts briefly dwelled on the lab and all of its scientists. He smirked, "Tell me boy, are you bleeding?" he asked, looking for an excuse to go on a blood rampage.

Nick felt goosebumps rise across his flesh as cold metal met the warm skin on his neck. A small flick of the blade and it wouldn't be to pleasant.Now he was starting to get uncomfortable. His muscles tensed and coiled as he readied his magic. "Am I bleeding? No." the boy took a sizable leap back and lifted up his arms to release a flow of energy. Tiles underneath cracked and broke as a slab of earth rose up between Nick and Albel. "But you might be if you don't stay out of my personal bubble." he still had enough energy to fight, but he still had to be careful. If he spent to much energy walking out of the city may even be to great a task.

Edited by picknick10

Nick had jumped away from Albel again. He seemed to have quite a bit of energy despite how tired he acted. A wall raised in between them before Nick through out a comment. Albel narrowed his eyes. His smirk faded. Was that a threat? Albel was one to intimidate others, not the other way around. He growled and breathed magma over his sword before slashing the earth wall in two with the now searing hot blade. He pushed the rest of the rest of the rubble down easily and unsheathed his claws, grabbing at Nick's throat.

Nick leaned forward into the attack, but turned to the right and ducked at the last moment. Claws grazed his cheek, leaving an angry red gash across his face, but the majority of the strike had missed. Slipping right under Albel's outstretched arm Nick placed one hand on the hybrid's elbow to lock the joint and prevent him from swinging his arm back in retaliation, all the while slamming his own elbow towards Albel's side. When the whole manover was done Nick was behind Albel with some distance re-opened between them.

Albel paused as Nick suddenly evaded his attack. He'd at least gotten his cheek. Nick seemed to be trying to block his arm from bending back. He saw Nick's elbow go towards his side and smirked. He let the blow connect to his tough hide, which no doubt would have felt like elbowing stone. He snorted, "Fool, you humans are too weak to harm me on your own. You have to create petty guns to protect yourselves. But they don't work anymore, do they?" he asked, smugness in his voice. Albel turned and swung his arm back with his shoulder joint. His other hand came around to grab Nick and try to pin him to the ground.

Nick was trapped, arms coming from both sides, but he would not let himself be pinned. In a burst of magic his outline blurred, and his entire form became water. Albel's arms passed through him like was.... like he was water. Nick slid away with ease and turned to strike Albel again, his arms freezing into jagged points of ice, but he stopped right as the point was formed. Letting out an agonizing groan the boy arched his back and fell to his knees, the spell ending. He was spent. He had used to much energy. He fall forward onto his chest, bleeding cheek flat against the ground, smearing it as he landed. Through clenched teeth he forced out the words. "You talk about weak, yet you attack me immediately after I get through fighting another. Go ahead finish me, and maybe you can go hunt some crippled fawns after this."

Albel smirked, satisfied as he pinned Nick to the ground, "Yield, worm" he taunted. Nick turned into water and had almost reform to make a blow before collapsing. His ears twitched at Nick's snide comments. He planted his foot on Nick's back, pressing him into the ground. "That's your fault for being a weak whelp. I killed an entire lab of humans, after killing an entire dungeon of dragons and my mother. So tell me, what's your petty excuse for being dead *exhausted* after one little dragon? Pathetic" he removed his foot and sheathed his katana. "I'll give you your petty life. I've no interest in trouncing... weaklings..." his words faltered. What was that smell? Blood. Very faint. His eyes caught the blood smear on the stone floor. He'd lost interest in killing the boy, but that blood lust. That familiar feeling. It felt great and it tugged at him. He spaced out at the floor, his breathing having hints of snarls in it.

Edited by Sai

Nick coughed as Albel placed his weight upon him. "Creating takes more energy than destroying, not like you would know though." He spat out as he turned his face away from Albel. His cheek itched for a moment as one of his wards took effect and the broken skin webbed across his face and melded seamlessly, as if he had never been injured in the first place. As he shifted his body the water around him from his transformation began to drain away into the damaged floor below him, washing away the blood as it went. His breathing began to even out, but he still felt to weak to stand.

Albel continued to start blankly at the floor, his face had dusted. He didn't seem to hear nick's comment or at least didn't act like it. His red eyes started to glow in the low light. His mouth hung slightly agape, his breathing almost obnoxious with its growls. His eyes locked on Nick and his tongue ran briefly over his teeth. Nick healed himself suddenly and washed away the blood. Albel had his claws slightly raised, staring still hungrily at Nick. His hazing vision started to clear along with his growls and the glow of his eyes. He open his mouth more to catch his breath. He'd been so close. Straight up murder would have been the last of Nick's concerns had he fully flipped to his hunter mode. It was humorous really, the boy hadn't even realized the serious danger he was almost in. Albel loved a good kill now and again, but he loved toying with people mentally more. In his hunter mode he would just kill them, but in the slowest and most agonizing way to his pleasure.

The family flew fast over the horde of trees as Flarina sent a telepathic message to her sister, 'Atlas, if you're out here in the woods, don't come looking for us, because right now we're being chased by those wretched hybrids. I'll let you know when it's all clear.'

------------------------------------------------------------

Atlas heard her sister and became worried. 'You're being chased by what?! Flarina, I can't ignore this and let those dragon-killing scums get to you. I'm coming over!' she said telepathically.

'But Atlas, there's only 10 of them and they're all really fast. I'm worried they'll tear you apart if you try to fight them. Please stay down,' her sister warned.

The magi reminded her, 'Flarina, I'm a long-time champion of dragon tournaments and I've fought lots of tough opponents, even a few whiptails. There's nothing I can't handle; even if I'm fighting multiple numbers. I promise you that once those half-breeds see me, they'll be dead and wishing they didn't cross me.'

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kathia heard, but hadn't listening to everything, due to being lost in her grief. So when the creature got near her, she backed away and cried, "Get away from me!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Red Dragonette

After some time, Rina's blood lust began to fade, and now she, while fighting hunters, analytically counted how many there were. Suddenly, something zapped behind her. Dragoness turned instantly... to find electrified corpse of a hunter with a knife. She quickly found the reason of his death: the emerald-greed dragon. Nodding to him in thanks, she shoved the corpse so he would drop the knife, grabbed the knife and continued to kill the humans, now with less brutality, but more thinking. She carefully watched the number of humans killed.

((Wow, you ninja'd me, Tron.))

Aeolus kept helping the blue dragoness to kill off the hunters until soon there was none left. Time went by with the city becoming more desolated and destroyed with hundreds of human bodies laying dead; the survivors escaped the city and went out into the desert. Aeolus went over to a dying man, who was breathing and bleeding, and stomped down on his head to crush it.

((Uh, I was intending to leave one alive for plot purposes, Red.

Oh well, IMPROVISE TIME.))

After all of the humans were killed, Rina looked around. None of the survivors. She sighed. She was supposed to leave one alive to curse him, but seems like today is not a good day for that. Her clan was annihilated, she thought, so using the Curse would be...

Useless?

She shook away that idea. Clan or no clan, she was going to follow her traditions. And just as she thought that... She noticed one of the bodies try to stand up. A man, presumably around 25 years old, with a gash on his foot. Rina immediately leaped to him, pinned him to the ground, and telepathically said to other dragons not to interrupt. Then she looked at the man. "Drop all of the weapons you have with you. Every single one." - she ordered with grim expression on her face.

"No, you lizard." - snarled the man. Rina just raised her eyebrow and gestured to look around. Human did so... to see a lot of dragons that were staring right at him. "I can just leave you here at their mercy, and I doubt that they will spare you. Now do as I said: drop off. Every. Weapon. You have. NOW." - she said the final word with a growl. Shaken, human began to quickly set aside everything he had: pistol, some sort of a rifle, a pair of combat knives, a phone, a grenade and camera. Rina immediately took away the grenade and knives, setting them out of human's reach.

((Hope I didn't mess up anything.))

((I did not know that I was still logged on to this laptop. After I post, I'm going to move downstairs to the computer. And Tron, you did ok.))

Aeolus looked at the lone human survivor and asked mockingly under his cold and disapproving expression, "So human, how does it feel to have all your technological powers, family, friends, and rule stripped away from you all in one night? How does it feel to have the tables turned against you when all the dragons around the world grew tired of being your harshly-oppressed slaves and retaliate in revenge. You arrogant fools should have thought of the consequences when you first threw us in cages and killed the others for sport. Because of what you've done, your kind has paid for your ancestors' actions in blood. And I doubt my fellow dragons will stop until every last human dead has fulfilled their thirst for revenge."

Human just laughed. "So what? What are you going to do about this? Annihilate all humans or something? I know you want to, ya lizards. Now that you threw out your magic thing and now we can't use even a microwave! SO WHAT?"

"I am not going to kill you." - suddenly said Rina. Human just mockingly laughed. Then Rina added - "But I can make so - and I WILL do so - that you will never be the same as you are now. Tell me, did any human return to your town with a certain mark on their backs?"

"Well... yeah. What of it?" - huffed the man.

"Now tell me: what did you do to those humans?"

"Well, we tortured and killed them, since they... befriended you, lizards... or something... wait..." - suddenly, human's face became ill - "You are not going to..."

"Yes, I am." - nodded Rina. - "And believe me, it is much worse than you think. Even worse than death... well, for you murderers, that is."

She roughly turned him around and exposed his back. There she began to draw her clan's mark with her claws. Of course it was painful for a man, but it was bearable, so he didn't gave any sort of scream. But he was afraid. Very afraid.

Edited by TheTron852

Nick noticed Albel's sudden change in behavior, but decided to ignore it. What could he have done anyways, crawl away at the speed of molasses? It didn't really mater anyways though, as the change left as soon as it came. The boy pulled his arms under his own body and began to slowly push himself off the ground. When he got to his feet and began to stand he shifted his weight to the wall and used it to support himself. When he glanced back at Albel he could almost swear the hybrid looked amused. "Why don't you do my a favor and grab me my staff from the security office." he gestured towards the little office next to the front doors. His staff hadn't passed because of the blade hidden within.

Albel watched Nick feebly pick himself up. He glared at him all the way. Humans are so fragile. Weak he thought as Nick was unable to support himself. Albel hated weakness. He looked at Nick as a little Chihuahua. It was then, mildly amusing that like the small dog he viewed him as, the boy had quite an attitude. He seemed to enjoy dragons to a point- having released the dragon earlier. Another bleeding heart for dragons he thought. It was ironic really. Some humans had always been compassionate to dragon, yet when the dragons broke loose from their cages, they killed indiscriminately. Blinded from rage. He came out of his thought as Nick asked if he would get him his staff. Someone was going very retro on the mage thing. Albel made a snort of laughter. "Still pathetic as ever. Can't even walk on a regular basis without a cane then?" he prodded. Albel would rather bludgeon the kid half to death with the staff. Maybe he'll just dangle it out of his reach" he found himself going to find the staff. Albel retrieved it and went back to Nick, holding the staff almost threateningly over the boy's head, daring him to make a comment about fetching. It was almost fun to toy with people again. He hadn't been around others in so long.

Fayt shook his head and picked up one of her hands, holding it firmly in his, yet not to hurt her. His other hand lightly pet the top of her head, "Hey, hey. Just calm down. You're alright" he said quietly, seeing she had no major injuries. "What happened?" he knew it was a dumb question given the situation, but he wanted to calm the girl down somehow.

Aeolus watched the dragoness carve some kind of insignia on the man's back. He didn't know the exact purpose of putting it on the human, but from what the dragoness said about the marked humans who befriended dragons, Aeolus guessed that she was going to frame him as an ally of dragons so that the other humans will turn on him like a pack of wolves. 'This should be a fate quite fitting for someone who kills their own kind, even though these people would side with dragons for some reason,' he thought. Come of think of it, Aeolus found it rather odd and peculiar that there were some humans who would befriend his kind at the cost of getting punished by others, whom a majority were about enslaving dragonkind. He was both curious and suspicious of their motives, because Aeolus had befriended some humans before who pretended to be dragon sympathizers, but in the end they all ended up betraying him.

Kathia immediately calmed down when the creature didn't mean any harm to her. "Dragons... they killed my parents. They ate daddy and they kill my mom with a fireball," she told her story. "They were everywhere; they killed our guards and servants and burned down the neighborhood. It was horrible!"

Edited by Red Dragonette

Nick repositioned himself against the wall watching as Albel left for the staff. He hadn't actually expected the hybrid to help him, but it all made sense once Albel came back and dangled the staff just out of Nick's reach. He didn't bother trying to jump for it, he could hardly stand as it was. "I was walking just fine before you attacked me. The crystal on top serves as a focusing point for my magic, and there is also a blade hidden within the staff, but it'll also work just fine as walking stick very much. His gaze went back up the the staff and he asked "So are you going to give me my staff, or would it be more amusing to watch me crawl through the city, or no better yet I'll just roll through the city like a child down a hill. The dragons will be so bewildered that they will forget to attack me."

Fayt listened to her story. It sounded about right given the situation. She seemed to be high class from the details. He looked around. The crowd was starting to thin as the main horde of people and dragons had already fled. "We should probably move then. Are you ok to walk, or do you need assistance?" he asked.

Abel smirked at Nick. Perhaps his attitude was just a glimpse of Dion. It would explain why he hadn't snapped his neck. Then again, Albel was sure he killed Dion. That always bugged him- he'd never actually checked. That was mostly due to going on a blood rampage. "I've had plenty of things attack me and I walked away after. You're too soft, worm" he growled the last part, letting the staff clunk onto Nick's head. He had to admit it would be very amusing to watch Nick crawl through the city and get snatched up by a dragon in his feeble state, but then his entertainment would be gone.

Aeolus thought wrong. When Rina was done with drawing a sign, she let the man go, but immediately after that she started to quickly chant words that were forming a Curse. As soon as the man stood up, he fell back on the ground, screaming with pain. The mark was glowing now, and with each word chanted, the glow became larger and larger. Soon every dragon nearby began to receive telepathic signals, which were telling them information about the man. His physical and mental condition, emotions, name, thoughts. But most importantly, what he has done: participating in annihilation of the clan of Eternal Wind and personally killing 6 dragons, 2 of them being children.

When Rina finished the Curse, human - whose name was Simon - went limp on the ground, not being able to move from all the pain that was racing through his body seconds ago. "This is your punishment, human." - coldly said Rina. - "Now every dragon nearby knows what you have done. The guilt and the memories of your crime will haunt you, until you'll try to actually think about it and change yourself. Death is a too swift punishment for the likes of you. That means you don't have to worry about being killed by dragons or attempting suicide. And I doubt that you would be killed by another human after the Spell. But don't think that you are free, human. Like I said, the memories will haunt you, and painful memories tend to be sharper, than claws."