picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

Ronan nodded with a grin. "Much better. Don't you agree?" He asked Minerva. "You're commendable for your quick work." Giving the man a complement. He was thrilled to be getting some more progress done for their business. Teaching was going to be the hard part. However, he felt up for the challenge.

Minerva nodded, "Of course!" She liked it, too.

After the serviceman was complemented, he happily replied, "Why thank you! I'm always happy to give my clients the best quality designs they need. Now that you're satisfied with it, I'll print you the copies you need. He went back to the printing room and printed the copies of the perfected design. He came back out with them and handed the copies to Ronan. "Here you are, my good man! The flyers you asked for."

Ronan took the fliers and nodded. "Thank you." He'd turn to leave, but stopped so Minerva could pay for the fliers. After which he'd leave the shop with her. "One step down, another to go." He smirked at her. "So what shall our first stop be?" Figuring she'd know the best places to drop fliers.

Minerva handed the serviceman the money as she smiled, "It was nice doing business with you."

The serviceman took the coins and replied, "The feeling's mutual, miss. Come back when you need more printing."

"I'll keep you in mind," the woman responded. Then after the couple left the printing shop, Ronan asked her where they could go to put the flyers. She pondered briefly before she suggested, "I think downtown would be good."

He nodded. "Alright. We can do a fly by and drop a few fliers there. You want to take the lead?" He climbed onto Drake before offering her a hand up. He was offering for her to sit in front of him so she could direct Drake around. He hadn't let anyone sit in front of him before so this was a first, but he trusted her.

"Sure," Minerva replied. With her knowledge of the city, that is pertaining to Cypress as Windfall was different in some parts, she knew the appropriate places to go. She took Ronan's hand and got onto Drake. She gave the dragon instructions on where to go to get to the downtown area.

If Drake flies
During the flight, Minerva finally spotted the place she was looking for and pointed to it, saying, "There, Drake. We're here!" She waited for the dragon to descend down so that she would begin to look for places to put up some of the flyers.

((Hope everyone thanks giving was good,  and merry early freaking Christmas everyone. 

To Red. I have been busy with work and school, so am sorry for just disappearing. I will be back after the holiday, as I will still be busy till the new year. Cheers))

Drake took Minerva's signal and flew down. When he landed, Ronan would help her down before standing by to let her put up the flyers. He kept a careful watch just incase someone tried messing with her. "Off to a good start big guy." He said, patting his scales.

Drake nodded. "Indeed. The two of you shall make an excellent team." He said assuredly. He was excited for them, but his age made his 'excitement' seem kind of plain.

After they landed, Minerva went to look for the public notice board that she had seen one time. She soon found it, but there was one problem. She did not have anything to pin a flyer to it. So she went to a general store, which was nearby, and bought a tape. Not every place she was going to put up flyers would be wooden like notice board, so she went with tape to be efficient. Then she returned to the notice board and taped the flyer to it. With that done, she returned to Ronan and Drake. She suggested, "I think we can put a flyer over at Whitney's neighborhood, too."

Ronan nodded to her. "We can do that. Although, considering where it is, I recommend we save that spot for last. I think we should head further away so as to attract more people before we put flyers closer to your home." He said before hopping up on Drakes back. He held his hand out to help her back up again. 

Drake readying himself to fly again. He kept low so she could get on.

((Sure, I'll tell you what happened since your last post:

- Minerva and Ronan have their flyers printed and now Minerva is going to post them everywhere. She's already put one up in the downtown area.

Just in case you're asking pertaining to Atlas and Kathia

- Atlas is still sleeping as she's still beside Axle, waiting for him to recover. Kathia has learned a new spell from Keith's ghost, failed to resurrect a hunted deer and has now gone to sleep, too.

Also, here's Sai's next giftstory: https://www.deviantart.com/silverbeastlaguz/art/DR-The-First-War-Eveeoni-s-characters-story-9-903277080 ))

------------------------------------------------------------------

Minerva liked his suggestion; they could probably pay a visit to Whitney after distributing the flyers. She said, "Okay then, let's try one of the public parks instead. I'm thinking of Layman's park. There's this dead tree by the playground equipment we can put it up at." Then she took Ronan's hand and got onto Drake's back.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Drake took off into flight. He'd follow her directions on where to go. Ronan holding Minerva so she wouldn't slip.  He had to consider buying a saddle so they'd be more comfortable riding on Drake. While they were up in the sky, he shut his eyes, feeling the air.  He didn't even feel the cold, just always enjoyed being up in the sky. "When we're up here.... I don't even feel the cold. It's just....peace." Ronan commented with a tone of relaxation.

Edited by LordTorch18

"Really?" asked Minerva curiously in response to Drake's comment. She assumed, "I guess it must be the sun keeping your warm or you dragons absorb sunlight better than us humans." She heard the atmosphere gets colder the higher someone goes up in altitude. The woman wasn't sure if it was true or just simple misinformation she heard. Though she did feel some chill on her skin now that she was thinking about it. So maybe they were right about it.

Axle stared at the spot that an entity was currently just in, but nothing was there. Just the frame of his mind playing tricks on him.

'YoU aRe FoReVeR aLoNe. No OnE wIlL mIsS yOu,'  whispered a creepy voice from the shadows. When Axle looked to see the voice no one was there. He sighed as he got up from the bed. He assumed it was his mind playing tricks on him as he did experience multiple different events in a short time frame and learn what he was. He got up from the bed and quietly left Atlas where she was at. 

He snuck though the camp and around the night patrol of the camp to leave.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Mistiva saw the new comer they brought in sneak out of the camp and as they vanish into the tree line. She was also starting to get concerned for Azera as now he haves been out for almost 6 hours now and she haves a bad feeling. She got out of her hiding spot she was inand quickly made her way to Kathia tent to wake her up and inform her about recent events. When she did reach her tent the air started to become thick with the smell of death. A familiar smell of death. 

She burst into Kathia tent and shook her to wake her up.

"Azera have not return yet, and the one you just brought into the camp have snuck out. Also that necromancer is near by, the one that haves those beings with him. Sorry for waking you, but I figured you would want to know that this area might become a battleground. On top of all of that, there another party out there, a dragon of some kind that is unnatural and a halfbreed of some kind." She said as she let go of kathia shoulder.

((Okay, I'll repost my edited comment here.))

Earlier
"Really?" asked Minerva curiously in response to Ronan's comment. She assumed, "I guess it must be the sun keeping your warm." She heard the atmosphere gets colder the higher someone goes up in altitude. The woman wasn't sure if it was true or just simple misinformation she heard. Though she did feel some chill on her skin now that she was thinking about it. So maybe they were right about it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Nighttime/Dark morning
Kathia was abruptly woken up by someone shaking her. The girl opened her brown eyes, feeling the slight sting in them as the result of her interrupted sleep. She turned her body and head to the one who woke her; it was the halfling girl. Oh great, what was she doing here? The scowling Kathia listened to her say that Azera and Axle have left camp. It took the redhead a few moments to comprehend everything that was said and the fact that Spinx was here. The she became alarmed at the latter. "What?! He's here?!" she cried. "I need to go tell everyone about this." She got out of her sleeping bag and left her tent to go to Roderick's tent. Along the way, she told a few guards to she passed by to watch out for Spinx and any other suspicious beings. Once she got to the camp manager's tent, she shook him awake as she alerted quietly, "Wake up! We're in danger here! That necromancer who kidnapped me. I think he might be here to attack Sundown!"

Roderick looked up at her with alarm and asked, "Did you tell everyone else about this?"

"No," Kathia answered.  "I just came to you first because I didn't want there to be panic and confusion. You're the leader here, maybe you'll know what to do."

Roderick said, "Alright, you go wake up everyone and get the ones who can fight to be on the watch for that necromancer and his zombies. The others will go into the shelter for protection."

"Got it!" the girl replied. Then she went around alerting the camp about the possible attack. The refugees woke up and listened to her warning and instructions. The archer told the ones who can fight to guard the borders of the camp while Kathia ushered the noncombatants into the safety shelter. 

Atlas, who was now outside to listen to the news, murmured to herself, "A necromancer. That means Spinx is here! I bet that @$$#073 kidnapped Axle while I was sleeping!" The woman went out into the woods to go look for one of them. She must save Axle before Spinx does something horrible to him.

((Note to shelf: add the Jason scene, Atlas waking up, and more dialogue to the story.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Ronan smirked as he patted Drakes scales as a signal. "Close your eyes." Ronan said to Minerva. "Feel the air. Feel it move. Feel the sunlight on your skin." He'd of course keep attention on her to ensure she doesn't fall off.  As he spoke, Drake went higher and higher. "Feel it? The sensation? Nothing holding you back. Just freedom." Ronan added. When Drake was high enough, Ronan smiled, letting her take it all in. "Now, open your eyes and look around."

Minerva did as she was told and felt the essence of the sky on her body. She imagined she was flying like an airplane. When Ronan said his next words, Minerva replied, "Yes, I can feel it, Ronan. It's like I'm soaring!" Then she opened her blue eyes and saw how high they were. She gasped amazed; the buildings and the trees all looked so small underneath them, and she could see the wide landscape of Windfall. "Wow! We're so far up!"

Ronan smiled with a chuckle. "The world is bigger than you'd think. I've spent a long time traveling and there are lands I've never seen." He looked down at Windfall. "Some might look down and think that what they do is insignificant considering how small the city looks from here. They might say, 'how can I affect a change in the world, I'm nobody'. However.....my master taught me that the smallest drop in a river can create the largest of ripples. One person can change a city....one city can change a country.....and on and on." Giving a unique perspective to the 'ripple' theory.

Minerva smiled at that, "So true! I hope what the ADR does here and Windfall's culture inspires equality around the world." She can see it; the refugees and dragons outside taking a look at Windfall and thinking both races can live in harmony. Sure, there were still some tensions in Windfall, but hopefully, these will all die out overtime to give this city a better image. The bright future will happen; it must happen.

((Update on my absent. Had 4 people pass away. Collage test and studies. Court case vs a no longer family. I will edit this tonight when I get home from work with the post.))

Real post after a week....

The darkness covered all but a few area still exposed to the night sky. The erary feeling of something stalking him would not go away, as the still silent air slowly blows. The sound of leaves rustling against each other. Axle wander though the darkness, as strangely he could not see that well now in the dark as he use too. He rubbed his eyes to try and have them focus on his surroundings, but to no avail. It seems what ever that blue halfling did to him effect all aspects of his being.

Anything that a dragon took for granted was now gone. Enhance vision, his ability to rapidly heal. Even his endurance is effect as after only a few minutes, Axle's lungs were burning. He lean against a near by tree trying to caught his breath, as he wonder how an effect like that could happen. 

'Nothing makes any sense. It's almost as if I was never a dragon.' Axle thought to himself. He felt fragile and weak, even with his fit body. He tried to focus his eyes into the darkness to try and peirce though thr vail, but still not able too. He sighed as he felt his beats start to slow down after he left the encampment. 

He pushed himself off the tree, and begun to move again. As he left the spot he was at, he heard something snap to the left of him. He turn his head a bit to see what it was. He saw Azera getting down from a tree with an injured arm. 

Azera saw Axle as well. He was a bit shocked as Axle not suppost to even be outside the camp right now. Before Axle could react, Azera grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around. He proceed to slam Axle into the tree, knocking the wind out of Axle.

"Why are you-" Azera started to say when suddenly an arrow made of bone hit the tree just above them. They both turn to see a man who face is half of a skeleton. They were undead, and they had a quiver full of bone arrows.

"Well, what a delightful suprise to find Axle along with you, Azera. This is perfect, as now I can kill two birds with one stone." A sinister voice said from the darkness of the brush. 

Axle and Azera split apart from each other as several more arrows thudded in the trees near them. 

'Damn, could this be any worse then now. I'm in no shape to fight anyone let alone undead archers and a necromancer.' Axle thought to himself as he took cover behind a tree as multiple arrows hit the tree.

(Part 1 complete, Atlas would be intersected by a couple of undead dragons.) 

((Happy birthday, Torch! Sorry I couldn't get your gift done in time: https://www.colorslive.com/details/4790801 I'll see if I can have it finished tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's the finished picture; happy late birthday, Torch! https://www.weasyl.com/~reddragonette/submissions/2130097/rick-hunter-black-and-white

Anyway, I'm looking forward to part 2 of your post, draco. Unless you were waiting for me to reply to part 1.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Ronan smiled. "Would you care to see something that I would teach to my students? If we can get ones willing to partner with a dragon that is." He had a crazy idea for a demonstration for her. He stood up on Drake's back. He'd start moving carefully along his back towards his tail. "When a dragon has a willing partner to ride, they must become one. They must learn to harmonize how they think so they can anticipate each other and know how to react properly."

((Sorry for the MASSIVE delay. I hope this is still active. lol))