picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

((I'm doing good. Draco, however has been going through some life problems, such as his computer not working sometimes and having bill problems. I'm not sure how he's doing at the moment right now, but hopefully his life is or will turn for the better eventually.))

((An update. Last job f****d me hard to the point everything if mine got disconnected. But everything is slowly getting back on track. As for the rp, a slight recap please.))

((Sure, here's what happened:

- Lucain understands that Yopple & others are here to rescue the villagers, but they can't as long as they have people like him doing their bidding. Lucain has to kill them. Yopple uses water magic to get rid of any possible infections and dead cells, so that his body's new cells would allow to rejuvenate and heal the neck wound faster. But he won't be healed instantly like if he were with healing magic. Then he casts another water spell, which is high-pressured this time to try and hurt Lucain.

- Corona's post: Corona thought over Juna's advice. She said, "Well I guess that could work. But what if it's water magic I'm up against? Or maybe ice magic? How will I go against those?" Maybe a strong enough fire would just evaporate the water? Who knows.

- Ronan and Minerva are going to get coffee before they start marketing for the Blazing Tiger Academy.

- Aeolus has recruited and brought the smaller Puma Horde to the Vulture Horde (to boost up the numbers) and they're planning to train them themselves to get them family with Shadow Wind's sector.

- Azera senses something (or someone) stalking him, Kathia, Atlas and the refugees. He calls Kathia over for something and she approaches him.

Let me know if you need more of a recap than that. I did try to do it slightly as you say.))

((Nope that good, god this crisis is weird.))

Azera looked at Kathia with the corner of his eye. "You might have to increase security around the camp, if we are going to find out what axle knows, as he might not want to speak." He briefly said, then sighed a bit. "And we are going to have to take precautions with him as well. Something just seems off around him, and I do not know what."

=======

Lucian try to dodge the attack, but was not fast enough to twist his body out of the way, as the high pressure water hit him center mass of the body, tearing away flesh then muscles. He fell over from the pressure with a loud thud, and was not moving from the impact. 

=======

"It is true that water and ice magic are one of your biggest falls, but, that only with fire alone. You could, with some training, might be able to focus a highly heated flame, or plasma as humans call it. It should allow you to get though ice and water, but the trade off is it very narrow, and very hard to master." Juna said as she examines over her again. "Plasma could be more easy for you then a normal fire mage because of your dragon type, but it still going to take time."

((I just realized that I forgot to share with you all Sai's birthday gift: https://www.deviantart.com/silverbeastlaguz/art/DR-The-First-War-Eveeoni-s-characters-story-7-827005520 ))

Kathia replied, "Alright, I'll let Roderick know so that we can keep him here." It sounds like Axle was going to be a tough cookie to crack, if Azera wanted to learn some secrets from him. But at least with the refugees trained to fight, they would at least be able to contain the dragon here. Fortunately, this is a white dragon; it should be easy to keep him prisoner, right?

-----------------------------------------------

Yopple cracked a smirk, murmuring triumphantly, "Got him!"

The pygmies saw that the man was not moving. Fable asked, "Is he dead?"

Yopple replied, "Who know? Let's leave him and go." He was not about to stick around and check, especially not with his wounded neck, which he did not want to risk injuring further. The three turned to speed away, trying to get away before more Shadow Wind soldiers show up. The cassare gritted his teeth when he felt the pain stinging his neck.

------------------------------------------------

Corona's interest was caught when she heard about plasma and what it could do. With it, she could become a more potent soldier for the Vulture Horde. She said, "Then in that case, I'll take as much time as I can to learn and master these spells." She was dedicated to mastering stronger flames and plasma.

Edited by Red Dragonette

((Hey everyone. Hope all is well during this crazy time.)
Drake flew them into town and landed near coffee shop. Ronan hopped off first and helped Minerva down. "Drake, keep an eye out." He asked before going with Minerva. Drake nodded and looked around. All these people and who knows how many were not friendly to his kind. Always having to be on guard.
((all I got.))

((I'm still doing fine. Just staying inside and focusing my intake on zinc and vitamins C and D for the immunity boost. I think I'll be eating some red apples, too.))

Minerva went inside the cafe and looked at the display of sandwiches desserts behind the showcase. They had foods like turkey panini, egg & bacon bagel sandwich, roast beef sandwich, fruit tarts, and muffins. She suppose a snack would be nice with a drink right about now. She went to the cashier, who greeted, "Hi, may I take your order?"

Minerva answered, "Yes, I would like a sugar cookie with a french toast latte." She turned to her boyfriend and asked, "What would you like, Ronan?"

He looked at the menu and saw the food. "I'll take the egg & bacon bagel, and a straight black coffee." He glanced around. He could tell they had eyes on them. Mostly due to his weapons that he carried. His sword and short blade. Though noone knew about his hidden blade. Drake was keeping watch and keeping a low profile.

The cashier replied, "Alright then, I'll have them right up." After she told them the price, Minerva paid for the exact amount of money for the food. The cashier relayed the orders to the baristas before she took the sugar cookie out of the display case to put into a small paper bag to give to Minerva. One barista made the coffees while the other was cooking the egg and bacon to put on the split bagel as a sandwich. Once the orders were ready, the cashier took them to the couple and said, "Here you go! Enjoy!"

"Thank you!" Minerva replied before she went to one of the tables to eat and drink. Seeing the egg & bacon bagel made her wished that she had ordered some protein to go along with food. She took a tiny sip of the latte, which scalded her tongue with its hot temperature. She made a small smile, saying, "Ooh! I guess I should have ordered it iced."

Edited by Red Dragonette

Azera sighed a bit as he had some relief about Axle. 'Atleast he will secure for the time being' he thought to himself. He looked to his left a bit and notices a few plants moved in a unusual direction, as if something moved over it. A very unsettling feeling he could not shake, and he did not like it.

=======================================

Akil waited in the city for something from Atlas. As she waited she wonder around town, listening on any and all types of gossip and rumors. Nothing really sounds of interest around her right now.

Lucian laid motionless on the ground. Chunks of flesh missing, his eyes closed as if he was dead. Suddenly black flames appeared on the wounds "We said kill them" voices said as lucian eyes open to reveal the white is now gone, and a blood curling roar was heard for miles. This new beast was not lucian, but a puppet being pulled by some puppeteers. "Kill, kill, kill the all." The beast muttered in a choked blood fill mouth oozing from it. It took to the air in the direction the intruders went.

In the distant, in the shadow, a young female stared in shock as the beast lucian have become.

((I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but how do you like FFVII remake, Draco?))

Everyone finally made it back to the camp. Kathia said to Azera, "The infirmary is that way, if that's where you're going to put him." Atlas eyed the camp before, wondering where she would find this Luco person. The place seemed smaller than a city; hopefully it wouldn't take too long to find him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Once they were sure they were safe and far from the place where they fought, Yopple and the pygmies rested in an alley off the main streets. The magi cassare laid down to rest his hurting neck. The water collar was still there. He winced as he felt the pain stinging him. Fable walked up to him and asked, "You alright, Yopple?"

"I'm fine," he grunted, wanting to maintain his how of strength and endurance. An inner monologue took place in his thoughts. His good side saying, 'We should flee and get healed.' But his bad side wanted to maintain bravado, 'No, we keep going. We leave now, and it'll all be nothing when we warp back here and they find us.' He was not sure which decision he should take as he tried to weigh the benefits and consequences of his options.

((Have not played it yet, been meaning to, but been busy as all hell right now.))

Azera started to make his way to the infirmary, when he looked over his shoulder at the newcomer. "Hey new girl, mind coming with me to help out with this one here?" He ask the newcomer. He was wondering where she may have came from first, but why end up in the middle of the forest?

===============

Juna saw the young Phoenix dragoness was excited to learn about a new technique. "It will be difficult for me to teach you how to control it, but I can tell you the steps to take, and teach you discipline." Juna said.

*(ps been really busy these past few months still.)*

((Happy Birthday, Draco! https://www.deviantart.com/silverbeastlaguz/art/DR-The-First-War-Draco8967-s-characters-story-6-848029978 ))

Atlas went through the camp, looking around at the place as she tried to search for Luco. But first, she wanted to see Axle and make sure he was not too hurt or anything. Azera asked her to come with her and she replied, "Sure." As she followed the swordsman carrying Axle, she saw a man coming out of a tent they came by and stopped briefly to ask him, "Hey, have you seen someone named Luco?"

The man shook his head, "Can't say I have."

Atlas left him without another word as she continued to follow Azera.

-------------------------------------------

Corona replied, "Okay, I'm listening."

Groups 4 and 5 had joined forces to look for Todora. They thread streets carefully, hoping not to trigger any more traps that would alert the M. Slavers or any of Shadow Wind's other forces to them. Since they were without a magi dragon to help warp them out of danger, they had to be very cautious and focused. Eatorn telepathically asked the others, 'So if I wanted to have my slave swim for me, where would I put them?' He knew the government was not just sending Todora doing some simple water exercises, there had to be some work involved, but what were they? Was he to fetch garbage out of the waters? Was he to use his magic to clean them?

Volkin guessed, 'Probably a lake or the sewers.'

Paymar added, 'Or the sea; it's like huge.' Eatorn knew that these were all good guesses. They would try the sewers since they were like below the surface of the streets, but who knows what lurked down there or if the place was more dangerous.

Azera heard the new girl was looking for someone by the name Luco. Who was this Luco person, and what was so special about them, as Azera thought to himself and headed to the infirmary tent. Took him a few before he found it, as most tents look about the same.

=============

((Juna would be explaining what discipline is, how greater discipline training would achieve more higher Strenght then normal simple combat training would.

Feel free to go as far depth as you want with it, as I originally wrote a rather long one the first time, and lost it all do to a outage in my area))

"It more then just physical, it is mental discipline as well, knowing when to use it, when it's ok to do harm with it. Take example my abilities to use shadows, all I do is jump around in shadows, but I can strike from them, or even manipulate a being shadows to stop them from moving if i want, though I have not done so as honor is not for scummy tactics and tricks like that." Juna said as she caught her breath. "Also, if I do training you in harsh discipline, to use powers like your for protecting and helping others, then you must swear, that you will never take a life of another with out a very good reason, and this does mean for dragons, humans, deers, birds, half breeds, or anything else that breaths.

===========

((Yopple's group would see the skys have darken and the air became thick, as if something large and dead was coming.))

A nurse saw the swordsman carrying a guy and got off of her chair to meet him. She asked, "Oh, is this man hurt? Shall I take a look at him?"

Atlas replied, "Of course, he's hurt. Look at him! I don't know how this happened, but he needs help."

The nurse pointed to one of the bed, "Okay, just lay him down on that bed and I'll see what's up."

------------------------------------

Corona thought, 'That means I must quit the horde, is that it?' Sounds like Juna was suggesting the use of death to be a last resort. Well, the horde is an army, so... "Okay, I will," she replied. She wondered what this discipline training is going to be like.

------------------------------------

Fable looked up at the sky, noticing that it had suddenly become dark. Without taking his eyes of the scenery, he asked, "Hey, does anybody know if it's supposed to be raining today?"

Annar replied, "No, why?" Then she noticed the air becoming thick rather fast. Was it the air becoming moist from the rain clouds above? The sudden change in weather seemed unnatural, like it was a spell being cast by a gray dragon.

Yopple said, "Must be the work of a spellcaster. They must be using the weather for something." Then a sudden chill was felt upon his spine; he was sensing a dreadful force coming their way. "Oh no..." he murmured. And just when they had gotten out of danger, too.

"So, miss, what exactly were you looking for from kathia?" Azera ask as he put Axle in the bed. Before he turn his head to the nurse

"Make sure he stays in bed he might he frighten or even worse. If he get out of hand call someone immediately." Azera said to the nurse as he started to head for the exit and stopped.

The air thick, the wind harsh as rain started to pour. A loud crack of distant thunder can be heard echoing though the city. Moments later another crack of lighting and thunder was heard as the flash illuminate the abandoned streets full of destoried vehicles,  strollers, and remains of people. There standing to the right was blue dragon, its mouth dripping with black saliva and eyes redder then the devil. 

Standing there in the blackness blanket of darkness was lucain, and he looked at them as if they were prey that was being hunted.

======================================

Juna sat for a bit. "Then first a series of questions need to be ask. Answer them truthfully and honesty," Juna said as she looked at the dragoness.

"What would you do if you saw a village being burn to the ground by a several dragons, as several humans run and scream in terror? This village by the way is secluded from the rest of the world by dense forest that spread for days." Juna asked her with some additional information bit at the end.

((Hey red message me if you want to caught me on discord at some point. I'm on there alot, so if you ever want an update on what I am doing you can reach me there. Should explain why my repliestake a while to do.))

((Okay, I'll give you my Discord number in a PM.

Also, here's Nick's b-day present: https://www.deviantart.com/silverbeastlaguz/art/DR-The-First-War-Picknick10-characters-story-7-856795731 ))

Atlas answered, "I came here to see if she knows a man named Luco. But she doesn't have any clue on who this guy is either." It looks like she was going to have to do a thorough search of this whole place for him. What a load of work!

The nurse nodded, "Okay, will do." She diagnosed Axle before she took up a first aid kit and began to do everything she can to treat his wounds and injuries.

-----------------------------------------------------

Fable said, "Geez, that's one hell of a storm. What are the heck are they using it for?" Then moments later, Lucian appeared and he was looking like a deranged monster.

The pygmies gasped in fright as Yopple grimaced, annoyed and dreading. "Oh not this again," he growled.

The scared Fable cried, "I thought he was dead. We should have checked!"

Yopple scowled, "I'm not in the mood for this. I'm getting out of here." Ashamed as he was from quitting the mission, he had a wound that needs to be tended to. Another fight with the blue dragon could potentially get him killed. The cassare didn't know what the black saliva was, but it was probably poison for all he knows. Yopple teleported the team out of Shadow Wind and back to the Vulture Horde. The deployed were now 1 team short; they were going to have to search for Vika for them after they find their villager.

---------------------------------------------------

Danielle was running around bouncing up her inflated sister like a ball. "Weee!" squealed Kylie in joy. Their little game came to a stop when they saw Yopple's group warping in out of nowhere. Everyone saw the water collar around Yopple's neck and a wound on it. They all knew the injury must have sent them here.

A grumpy smaller cassare said to them, "Let me guess, you flunked the mission, too. Didn't you?"

Yopple turned to scowl at him, growling, "If you want to put it that way, then YES!" He snarled that word out loud.

The grumpy cassare huffed and said to the horde, "Alright, somebody fetch Hewey or whoever can fix him."

One of the dragons asked, "But how're they going to heal him? Magic don't work on cassares."

The grumpy cassare yelled, "I don't know. They can think of something, can't they?"

Among the crowd, Ohimia looked at the magi-cassare and murmured, "Yopple?" How long had he been with this horde?

----------------------------------------------------

Corona paused, hesitating to answer until she asked, "These humans. Are you good or bad?"

Edited by Red Dragonette

Juna though for a second before answering. "Depends on your definition of good or bad. Example, humans hunt a dragon and slay it, other dragons would see it as evil deed, but to a village or a small town, it was for protection of everyone there, so to them a good deed. Your definition on on what is right or wrong is what you think." She said as she started to circle around Corona. "But be warned, your options on what is right or wrong will always be wrong to another living thing." 

She stopped behind Corona. "So, what is your answer?" Juna ask her.

================

"Luco? Can't say I have heard of anyone by the name of Luco, nor am I familiar with anyone around here." Azera said as he he open the flap to the tent. "Oh mind staying here with the gentleman over there, a bit of extra hands would help, plus you might need some rest after all it was a bit of a travel from where we found him at." He said in a tone that was more of a command then a suggestion.

================

(Meeps.)

((Sorry about the late response, my internet had been down for nearly a week and then I got busy writing notes for my story.))

Corona thought about the different perspectives of the races and the consequences of her choices. "Well I've always been loyal to my kind. We've suffered a lot at the hands of humans for hundreds of years. So we, and I mean the horde, tend to be very vengeful about that. It's why we kill humans, to keep our kind from getting hurt by them ever again. Though I guess maybe the humans have the right to protect themselves? Maybe I could like watch the scene for a bit, see what's going on and why my kind is attacking them before I jump in."

----------------------------------

Atlas looked at Axle and replied, "Good idea; I'll do what I can." Her friend's recovery should take priority; the Luco business would have to come later. She went over to the nurse and asked, "Hey uh, anything I can do to help?" The brunette wasn't sure what she could do since she had basically no expertise in the medical field.

The nurse pondered her thoughts as to what the Solomese could do. Then she requested, "I suppose you could bring over a bottle of water and a snack. He might wake up hungry and thirsty. Maybe the sight of food will calm him down when he wakes up."

Atlas replied, "Okay, got it. But where do I find them?" The nurse gave her directions to the food tent. Atlas left the infirmary and went on her way to the food tent, following what she heard from the nurse. Soon, she got there and found a man in charge of the tent. She asked him, "Hey, you got a water bottle and something to snack on?"

The man replied, "Sure, I got a bag of cookies, if that's what you're looking for. He opened a box and took out a small cookie bag. Then he went to a bigger blue & white box and opened its lid. He took a water bottle from it and then handed the two items to the woman. "Here you go!"

"T-thanks," Atlas replied. She was not used to dealing with racist humans in a friendly manner. Any other time, she would have just shunned them and refuse to have anything to do with them. But she needed to interact with them for Axle's sake and Shadow Wind's. The bottle felt cold on the hand she was holding it with. The humans always did like to have their drinks cool. She carried the food back to the infirmary and told the nurse, "Okay got them, where do you want me to put them?"

The nurse told her, "Right on this stand here." She patted the flat surface of the stand.

Atlas put the bag and bottle there before asking, "Anything else?"

The nurse answered, "That's it, I suppose." With nothing else to do, the Solomese went to see another bed and watch Axle from here. She hoped everything the nurse did for him would help.

One of the horde members went to go get a healer dragon. The sisters looked at Yopple, wondering what had happened to him and how he got that nasty wound. Danielle asked her sister, "What happened?"

Kylie shook her head, "I dunno."

Edited by Red Dragonette

((HEY EVERYONE!! I'm sorry I went afk for so long but I'm back and ready to pick up if thats ok. @Red Dragonette There's probably not much else I can say to apologize so I'll get a reply going for you))

Ronan took a sip of the coffee. He didn't mind the heat. Though he was surprised by how good the food was. "Hmmm, better than I expected." He tore off a bit and offered it to Minerva. "Here." He grinned. He thought it was the smart thing to do since she didn't really get much. Drake was busy surveying the area.

((I think you did fine.))

Minerva smiled as she took the piece, "Why thank you, Ronan!" She put the piece in her mouth and ate it. The cheese going along with savory meat of the bacon really added to the taste. She opened the lid of her cup and blew on the drink, trying to cool it down. It probably didn't do much considering the heat of the drink and it would probably take a lot of blows, too. But at least there was time to help cool it down until it was safe to drink.

((They been waiting on my slow butt for a reply as well. So do not feel bad there torch.))

After Azera left the medical tent and headed left, back towards the way they went to find Axle. He passed by kathia, having the look of concern on his face. As he walk down the dirt trail, he grabbed a few arrows as he passed by. Something did not sit right with in his mind. He was going to find out why there is an unease feeling.

====

Akili wonder around the town for what seems like hours, watching young love birds talk, people getting coffee with each other, some weird large magic teaching school, that she end up leaving town a bit of the way to lay in the open field.

'This is boring. Mission like this are normally boring. Find a person, learning some intel, figure out something, same old same old. Never get to do any type of real action, or anything fun.' She thought to herself. 'Hope she having fun.'

============

((So for mekarth he just been having the group with him help move things and place thing together for a new set up.))

=======

Juna came back around. "Its the best answer I have got from a dragon before, so I will give you that, however, waiting could cause more problem then at moment, it could be days later or even generations later. Remember that in human eyes dragons are creatures that terror large area of land and settlement, leaving ruins in their wake, while in dragon eyes, they want revenge for humans becoming stronger and forcing them to be slaves. Dragons plunded and burn as it was their nature, humans evolve to overcome things they fear." She said as she walked back around in front of the Phoenix. "So either way there is no real correct answer on that question. Its just which one could cause less damage at that point."

Kathia went to go check on the progress of the safety shelter. She didn't expect much of it be done this soon; she was only in seeing the early stages of it. She found a large patch of cleared land before her with holes where the trees used to be. It was amazing how fast magic can get things done in a quick amount of time without the presence of electric technology interfering with the spells. A mage used a precognition spell to help the architect get some good ideas on how to draw out his blueprint. He began to draw the layout of the shelter so that the mages would raise the perfect building.

----------------------------------------------------

After she was sure the drink was cooled, Minerva drank the latte bit by bit until it was all gone. She looked at Ronan to see if he was done eating.

Group 2 worked as hard as they can to set up the new training ground. 

((That's all I can come up with.))

"I see..." Corona responded. She wondered if the history of slavery started because the humans feared the dragons' might and wanted to suppress them before mankind could be killed. The weak tend to want power to look strong after all. So they did whatever they can to place themselves on top. Too bad for the humans that it all backfired in the end, when the dragons freed themselves and waged war in vengeance.

Azera explored the near by tree line to the camp to see if he could find any type of clues or anything about what made him unease in the forest. He searched until the darkness of night crept up and started to drown out the light, not able to fiind any clues or signs at all. The present itself disappeared from the area it seems. 

Azera turn back to head back the encampment when he heard something snap a fallen branch near by.

((Next Azera post will be at night time, and it rather big))

=========

((So all my post will happen at night time, as over 2 months of writer block, could not come up with a dang type of thing. Day time to long.))