picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

Rika rolled her eyes, turning away and waving her hand off. "Don't be such a baby. I said you can have it healed instantly if you can find a white dragon. I'm sure for a dragon hugger like you, that's no hard task at all. We probably still have one back at the manor" she pointed ahead to her house. Rika shifted her weight to one side and crossed her arms, looking at the burning city. "Well I suppose that means we're getting that remodeling done finally. Those buildings were ancient" she said nonchalantly. The fires had died down for the most part, sitting as hot embers in the darkening sky. She couldn't really tell at this point if the dark sky was from the time of day or was from the smoke rising into the air.

Albel turned back to Fayt with a smirk. There was a brief exchange of looks again as if a silent conversation had happened. Fayt growled annoyed and turned away, pacing slightly in his little area. It was more like turning about in silent frustration. "Why that's just terrible" Albel interjected in a fake sympathetic voice. His smug look remained to prove it.

Rika turned on her heel in a sort of twirl as Nick questioned the safety feature of hybrids. "Well you see they were made as weapons. So they didn't want their soldiers to turn on their masters once they entered their hunter modes. That wouldn't be very... productive..." she stopped to smile. "So once they enter their hunter mode, they were programed you could say, to not harm anyone they care for. Instead they listen quite well" she put a hand on her hip and grinned at Albel.

Nick listened as she explained the safeguard and why it was implemented. It did make sense after all. What use was a weapon that turned on you? "Ah I see." was all he could think to say.

The exhausted boy followed Rika's gaze to the charred remains of the city. "Funny how everything can fall to pieces in less than a day, isn't it?" he talked in a lower, quieter tone of voice, his exhaustion more apparent now. "Do you really think it'll be rebuilt? The damage doesn't look that bad from a distance, but if you actually get closer it looks a lot worse." He struggled for a moment to get up without putting any weight on his injured leg and braced his weight against the tree. He should probably think about getting himself some crutches if he was going to be like this for up to three weeks. He was hoping he could stay in the safety of her manor for at least a little while, and he asked as much "Would you mind if I rested at your place until I regained my strength?" it felt weird asking this of someone he had just met only hours earlier today, but that again today wasn't a normal day by any standards.

Fayt fiddled with his collar silently to deal with his annoyed state. He did not like the memory of the lab in any fashion. People often took hybrids for granted as weapons- dangerous creatures. None had considered the suffering they went through every day at the lab. Fighting for survival, killing each other for scraps to prove they were the 'more effective model' for combat. Fayt never wanted to hurt anyone. He just wanted to live a normal life despite the fact he was never given a choice. He was altered before he was born to be a killer around blood. It angered him to know the state he turned into around the crimson liquid. Mindlessly killing without a shred of pity. Following orders like a dog. People hated his kind and treated them like dirt. Hybrids couldn't even fit in with dragons- their own kin. Dragons were just as horrible as the humans were in the lab, trying to kill them for something they couldn't help. Fayt tried so hard to help others, to show he never wanted a part of the hunter gene. Yet, most of the time, no one cared. Dragon or human. He gritted his teeth and looked at the burning city. Albel had realized this factor long ago and had given up on trying to impress the species that hated him for just being alive. Albel had all but lost his sanity it seemed. Fayt could remember still a time when Albel was kind and caring. He kept that memory to himself as it seemed to be some kind of a bad joke to others.

Albel fidgeted next to Fayt, having an idea of what was going through his brother's head. He lightly touched the scarf he wore. Fayt glanced over at the movement. The scarf was given to Albel by their mother long ago before she died. It was Fayt's way of knowing Albel still felt something inside. Especially by the fact Albel threatened death to anyone that touched it.

Rika was oblivious to the fuming emotions of Fayt. She made a small 'snrk' sound as Nick asked her if the city could be rebuilt. "You're not serious, right? CAN we rebuild it? How do you think it got there in the first place, genius? We built it. We have mages too y'know" she took a few steps towards the manor. "Whatever, I doubt anyone would care. We probably have lots of free space now that everyone's fled the damned city. What's one more?" she asked sarcastically. Rika walked off towards the manor, not caring for the dead dragon she shot down before. Fayt turned to Nick and crouched down, "Need a hand still?" he asked warily. His train of thought before made him want to be angry at Nick, but pushed it aside. That wasn't fair to the boy.

Edited by Sai

Powerful, battle-honed muscles flexed under her smooth, leathery pelt, the obsidian-toned armor rippling minutely as the Mirror prowled about the perimeter of the mansion. The beads, feathers, and thin cords of sinew that adorned her wings swayed slightly with her movements but made no sound with the sandy avian appendages being firmly tucked against her back. Claws laid flat upon the ground with every confident step about the outside walls of the manor, both sets of eyes searching for an easy way in. Smaller optics of bright crimson found no temperature signatures that she should currently be aware of, but her senses did detect something else--the sounds of the city behind her in quite the ruin.

A secondary, opaque layer of lids swished lightly from the sides, meeting in the center of her eye before flicking back as her audits tuned in to a different set of sounds that came from the opposite side of the manor. The woman, a frown marring her countenance, leaped up onto the fence and from there--with a beat of her wings and another massive lunge that made the fence groan slightly--ascended to the roof. Claws loosely gripped the shingles, stomach and chest low to the ground in a practiced hunter's maneuver as she swept up the raked surface of the roof. The fans upon her skull minimized and clutched downwards at her neck as she compacted herself just below the peak of the roof and just out of sight.

Well, well, well. Wonder what we have here... she thought, a wicked smile curling upon her features. With every muscle in her body stilled, in the pauses between her breath she faded into complete camouflage with her surroundings, her ability to be seen sweeping gradually back on every breath that caused her chest to raise and fall. And with that, she listened.

After the smoke had cleared, the sky began to darken with the deep colors of nightfall, the suns orange-red rays shined faintly until they could be seen no more in the horizon, shining its brilliant light on another part of the world. The sun's term had ended for the day now that the moon's shift had started with the night, taking its place amongst the many shimmering stars in the dark blue sky. The day had finally ended now that night had just begun.

The city was empty, nothing more could be done to its fallen mass nor for the lost souls that had died from the events that occurred that day, buried in the debris and rubble. Darkness took one last glance at the city before unfolding her night colored wings, the membrane covered appendages hung down by her sides the tips just barely brushing the ground. She threw her head back and roared loudly for those that had fallen to the mass chaos, its sound echoed until it faded to just a soft faint noise in the distance. She bolted down the street, her wings outstretched for flight and with one powerful stroke became airborne, ascending to the dark sky above the once standing city. As she gained enough altitude, her luminous crimson eyes increased in brightness as het night vision began to settle in, making anything hidden in the night visible to her enhanced eyes. Air filled her open wings as she glided across the cool moist atmosphere, the moonlight casting a faint outline of her shadow across the terrain below.

Even though, the fliers were coming at her like jets, Atlas was prepared for it. She cast her wind aura that blew away the hybrids like leaves in the air, the moment they got within proximity. She cast her wind blades spell at the lion hybrid that cut into his wings' membranes. Now one would think that because of the damage, the feline could hardly keep his without feeling hurt from his wounds. But because the blood from their fallen comrades had added more aggression and determination to kill to the hybrids and weakened their reasoning and logic as a result, the lion hybrid paid no attention to his condition and retained his flight. The two human hybrids mindlessly with persistence tried to get past the wind aura with futile results. Atlas cast her ice spears at the two and killed them through the torso. Then she turned her attention to the gray hybrid, who blew his tornado breath at her, which hurled her across the air. "Aarrrrr!"

Flarina's thin tail grabbed the black hybrid by the foot, tripped her, and threw her away. Then the fox hybrid pulled over the whiptail's wings to reveal the frightened hatchlings, who screamed and shrunk back in terror. But fortunately, their mother was here to save them. So she breathed fire into the fox's eyes, causing the hybrid to back away in pain as she yowled from the burning blindness that was hurting her as well as the flames that covered her from head to shoulder. Flarina covered back her daughters before the white hybrid got back up. Then the creature ran up to Flarina and stabbed her deeply into the shoulder. The red whiptail let out a loud roar of agony, which caught Atlas's attention. "Flarina!" she cried. Out of anger, the magi flew over to her sister and cast her earth spear spell at the white hybrid, which was the last thing he saw before his untimely death. Then Ramkot got onto his mother's back and slashed her with his black claws, sending poison into her blood system. Flarina started to feel weak and feverish from poison. "Flarina!" Atlas cried after noticing what just happened. She turned to glare at her nephew and growl, "You! What did you do to my sister?!"

The red hybrid snickered and answered, "I poisoned her with my claws. The gene of the bright-breasted wyvern gave me the poisonous claws which I was born with. Within a few minutes, she will die and then you and her brats will be next!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After his nap, Aeolus woke up and blinked the sleep out of his red eyes. Then he got up and left the cave. He saw Rina here in the village. "Oh Rina, so I see you've come back home to pay your respects to your clan or perhaps for a different, yet similar matter," he said. Somehow he wasn't surprised to see her here, but it makes sense since this was her clan's home.

((Hey, did I do the Hunter's mode thing right in this post? If not, I'll edit this. Darkness, you can come interact with my characters, if you want. Atlas is in Rudvich and Aeolus is in Solomos.

Here are the hybrids that are alive now:

http://fav.me/d1z8vnq - male - winged lion quadruped hybrid

http://fav.me/d4olor4 - male - winged gray hybrid with blue scarf

http://fav.me/d4oq7yy - female - black hybrid with red mane

http://fav.me/d121l2n - female - fox biped hybrid (the one on the left)

http://fav.me/d6lyf57 - Ramkot))

Edited by Red Dragonette

((alrighty, I'll join Atlas for a few moments))

The woods below seemed odd, everything was still and silent,almost as if time stopped nothing moved nor made a single sound from the dense growing forestry. The black dragoness felt a odd sense of worry wash over her, for the forest to be this quiet something must of happened. Darkness descended from the sky, upon landing her wings folded delicately across her back without making the slightest sound. She held her snout up towards the sky to find the faintest scent but unfortunately there was none. Disappointed she turned on her heels to leave when her ears began to twitch, a blood chilling agonizing scream rang out followed by a name that was unrecognizable due to its muffled tone.

Without a second thought, she raced through the undergrowth and thick trees to the location of which the sounds came from, stopping short for what she saw before her eyes was horrific.

It was a bloodbath, creatures known as hybrids, were everywhere a few lay in a pool of their own blood from being severely mauled to death. Some others from what it looked like were trying to reach a wounded whiptail dragoness who was protecting her hatchlings from the deadly swarm, the others were wrestling with a magi dragoness who was trying her best to defend the whiptail and hatchlings the best she could. Darkness snapped out of her trance and roared to get the attackers attention. Her tail lashing from side to side and her wings flew open to make herself look intimidating. Anger coursed through her veins making her blood seem to boil, her aggressiveness was rising with each moment that passed making her more lethal for combat.

Everyone heard an angry roar and looked to see a black dragoness lashing her tail. "Oh look, another one. I suppose she has a death wish, too," Ramkot said as he scratched Flarina again.

"Get off of her!" Atlas snarled firing her fireball spell at him. But as usual, the hybrid leader got off of the whiptail and evaded the attack. The flying hybrids flew down towards the black dragoness. The lion spat out yellow fireballs while the gray one blew his tornado breath at her. Atlas cast a wind aura spell on Flarina from having the other hybrids attack her again. Then she cast fireballs at the fox hybrid, who got burned, and the black hybrid, who dodged her. Taking note of their fast speed, Atlas used her ice stream spell to have it travel across the land and freeze the ground into ice. The black hybrids ran towards Atlas, but then she slipped on the ice and fell down. The fox, still in pain and unable to see, also slipped. With them down, Atlas shot ice spears at the females, killing them both.

((You know, I've been having thought about what if I played in a way that would have Flarina live, if I didn't do anything logic that would lead to her realistic death. What if someone found a way to save her from being dead, if another character came to help Atlas defend her family? I know I've planned for Atlas to develop a hatred of hybrids after Flarina's death, but then I've been thinking about... okay I don't know how to explain this part, I'm at a loss for words right now. It's not that I don't want Flarina to die, it's just that I'd like to play along with the events that play across my path. It be kinda fun and interesting. So with that in mind, anybody's welcome to join Atlas for a while if they want.))

Darkness wasted no time in her attack, she launched herself at the grey hybrid with tremendous speed, barreling out of the way of his tornado breath. Once in range, her claws dug into the hybrid's side as her fire cloaked fangs sank into his shoulder blade, burning the flesh around the bite wound. She swung back to be faced with fire balls, the circular flames found there mark as it singed her underbelly causing her to screech in fury. Her crimson eyes flared with hatred as she spewed scorching blue flames from her jaws, aiming for the lion hybrid's face to inflict a temporary blinding status. With a slight opportunity she landed beside the whiptail inspecting her injuries, she snarls with alert when she catches the strong scent of poison already in affect on the wounded dragoness.

(( I understand what you mean. I have to ask this though, do you want me to heal Flarina because I will if you want me to))

Edited by DarknessDragon197

Nick shrugged in response to Rika. He knew that the city could be rebuilt without modern technology, he was there when it was first built after all. "I know it can be rebuilt, but I was talking about the dragons. Will they come back and stop it from being rebuilt? It took them less than a day to demolish most of the city, what's stopping them from coming back while it's being rebuilt. Most humans don't own any working weapons, I don't think we could fend off the dragons for to long. In the end it doesn't even matter though, I guess." As he talked Fayt caught his attention something was bothering him, he could tell. He didn't even notice when Rika walked away.

When Fayt came over Nick stared at him intently for a second before replying, "Yeah, I would really appreciate it, else I would just be limping everywhere, or crawling even seeing as I can hardly support my own weight," He paused for a moment thinking about whether he should say anything about it or not, but in the end decided to mention it. "Hey Fayt, are you ah feeling alright? You seem a little down..."

Edited by picknick10

Rika continued walking, "The spell thing was by surprise. We'll be ready the next time. How do you think we won in the first place and enslaved dragons? By kicking their ass. I'm sure we'll have better defense this time" she said. Rika moved into the gates surrounding the manor. She didn't care to wait for the others. Rika went around the side of the house and started to climb up the rope. She paused half way up, thinking she heard something on the roof. Rika dismissed it and climbed in the window. She threw her weapons on the bed and stripped out of her cloths. She slipped her white dress back on with a frown. God forbid her parents catch her out hunting. That was 'unlady-like'.

Fayt helped Nick stand. He looked at the ground as Nick asked him if he was alright. Fayt smiled, "Yes, it's nothing to worry about" he assured. He walked them both to the manor and inside. Albel followed behind. The servant scurried off like before. The house seemed quiet now, the dragons and humans that were in the lobby before dispersed. "Rikas upstairs, let's check in with her to see where you can stay" he said. Fayt guided them up the stairs.

"There was also a lot less of them..." Nick grumbled to himself as Rika climbed out of view. True the humans beat the dragons without modern technology before, but that was with trained warriors who were all well equipped and familiar with melee combat. The dragon race was also much smaller back then, before the spell went off the humans had technology that allowed them control a larger amount of dragons then they would have been able to in the olden days. Not like she knows much anyways the 'spell thing' pfft. The boy thought to himself. He pulled himself out of his thoughts when Fayt started to lead him.

Nick was glad he had Fayt to help him. The hybrid really was the complete opposite of his brother, Albel, who would probably push Nick down and walk right over him had he been asked for help. Nick looked up at the manor for the second time that day as Fayt helped him up to it. "Alrighty, just making sure." he said when Fayt told him it was nothing to worry about. Once they reached the stairs he had some difficulty getting up them, even with Fayts help. It bothered him that he couldn't walk by himself. He would have to make himself some crutches after he got some rest.

Albel walked ahead and into Rika's room. Fayt frown as he didn't bother to knock and waited a moment before following after. Fayt set Nick down in a chair in the corner, "So I don't suppose there are any white dragons around?" he asked. Rika smoothed out her dress and turned to them, "Yes, I've paged for one" she said simply and sat on her bed. Her weapons and armor had already been hid again. A few minutes passed and there was a knock on the door. The door was already open, so it was more of just a warning to a presence. A white dragon entered, "Someone broke their leg?" she asked. Fayt pointed to Nick, "Him" the dragon edged over to where Nick sat and waved her staff over his leg. It glowed a bright green for a moment and then faded. "It should be fine now" she smiled. The dragoness bowed her head briefly to Rika before leaving the room.

Nick watched as the dragoness mended his leg. It brought a smile to his face. White dragon magic had a warm light fluffy feeling to it that lingered afterwards. After she was done Nick stood up and put all his weight on his previously injured leg, testing it out. He hopped on it a few times before standing regularly and taking off the makeshift split Rika had put on it, satisfied by the way his leg had turned out. "Much appreciated!" he said turning to the dragoness healer and nodding his head in appreciation. When she left the boy turned his attention to Rika. A small grin forced its way across his face as he noticed her outfit and he couldn't help but chuckle. It was funny how, with a simple outfit change, she could from looking so deadly to a much more innocent and less sinister look. Shaking his head he focused his thoughts on the more pressing matters at hand. "So, where can I stay then, Rika?"

Rika walked to the door and turned on her heel. "This way then" she said with a beckon of her hand. Rika walked down the halls of the manor. All seemed eerily quiet and still. Her heels clicked quietly on the the marble floors. She looked at the doors as she passed. Finally Rika came to a stop outside a door and pointed briefly, "In here" she said as she opened the door. Inside the room was quite spacious as expected and had upscale furniture. The colors were in dark blues and white which blended well to the moonlight pouring through the windows. "You may stay here to rest. Page a servant if you need help" she turned again and walked to the doorway. Rika paused and looked over her shoulder, "Oh, and if you mention my hunting to anyone, I'll kill you myself" she stated before walking off.

Darkness wasted no time in her attack, she launched herself at the grey hybrid with tremendous speed, barreling out of the way of his tornado breath. Once in range, her claws dug into the hybrid's side as her fire cloaked fangs sank into his shoulder blade, burning the flesh around the bite wound. She swung back to be faced with fire balls, the circular flames found there mark as it singed her underbelly causing her to screech in fury. Her crimson eyes flared with hatred as she spewed scorching blue flames from her jaws, aiming for the lion hybrid's face to inflict a temporary blinding status. With a slight opportunity she landed beside the whiptail inspecting her injuries, she snarls with alert when she catches the strong scent of poison already in affect on the wounded dragoness.

(( I understand what you mean. I have to ask this though, do you want me to heal Flarina because I will if you want me to))

((Sorry I wasn't here for a few days. I was busy doing some things. And no, don't heal Flarina.))

The gray hybrid yowled out loud as he got bitten and burned. After she let go, the gray clutched his burn and hissed in pain. The lion hybrid got blinded and hurt by the fire and flew around aimlessly as he roared. Atlas shot him down with an earth spear and killed him. The gray hybrid went to retaliate by swooping down to the black dragoness and trying to bite and claw at her. Atlas and Ramkot growled at each other as they walked in a circle, trying to get around the other. "Look at your friends, half-breed. They all dropped down like the flies they are. How come you guys were built to slay dragons, but yet couldn't kill me? Huh?!" Atlas growled.

"That's because they were weak. But unlike them, I'm the strongest. Stronger than any hybrid, human, or dragon in this pathetic world. You won't find me easy to kill, lizard," Ramkot said.

Atlas brushed that off and said, "Hah! That's just talk! If you want to prove something, you have to kill me!"

"Very well, I'll be glad to," said the red hybrid grinning sadistically.

((I do hope that one is boasting, Red. They're suppose to be the duds Dion freed instead of putting them out for termination))

((Okay, fine they're duds. I was just assumed they were from another lab and that Ramkot wasn't aware of Albel until you reminded me.))

((There was only one lab for the hybrids. I let you have those because it matched the backstory I had for Dion. Which he didn't want to kill the duds so he lets them into the wild))

Darkness twisted herself around to be slashed across the face by the hybrid's talons. The scar across her eye tore open again, blocking out her vision with the thick red liquid. She stumbled back roaring in pain as the grey hybrid sank its fangs deep into her neck. The black dragoness grabbed the hybrid's tail and tore him away from her neck, slamming him against the ground in the process. Her vision was clearing a little but the blood still blocked most of her vision. Darkness hissed, surrounding herself in a storm of blue flames as a protective barrier around herself to prevent the hybrid from getting too close. As this bought her some time, she watched both the leader hybrid and the magi dragoness carefully.

((Alrightly))

Rika walked to the door and turned on her heel. "This way then" she said with a beckon of her hand. Rika walked down the halls of the manor. All seemed eerily quiet and still. Her heels clicked quietly on the the marble floors. She looked at the doors as she passed. Finally Rika came to a stop outside a door and pointed briefly, "In here" she said as she opened the door. Inside the room was quite spacious as expected and had upscale furniture. The colors were in dark blues and white which blended well to the moonlight pouring through the windows. "You may stay here to rest. Page a servant if you need help" she turned again and walked to the doorway. Rika paused and looked over her shoulder, "Oh, and if you mention my hunting to anyone, I'll kill you myself" she stated before walking off.

Nick nodded at Fayt on his way out, "Until next time." before he followed Rika. As they walked he look down at the floor. The smooth marble reminded him of the mage tower he had been an apprentice in so many years ago, when he was just starting out his studies of magic. A fire had wiped it out a few years after he had left. He shook his head clearing the memory from his mind. It was kind of depressing to think about it. He walked into the room after her and took a look around. He hadn't slept in such a room in a long time. Usually he had just stayed in a hotel, or slept under the stars even. He closed the shades and turned to her as she left making a zipping motion over his lips. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed." and with that said he collapsed on the bed, letting exhaustion take over.

((Liquid time~))

Rika opened her eyes as sunlight poured through the window. She grumbled and rolled over. The sunlight only came in partially as curtains were pulled across. With a sigh, she sat up and stretched, moaning quietly. Her eyes scanned the room- empty. That was a change, Albel was always around her, or perhaps not since they hadn't seen each other in years. Or communicated for that matter at least. She changed from her pajamas into her dress and stepped out of her room. It was quiet out in the hall. Light dimly poured through the windows, giving the main manor a blue hue. It was early, making her wonder if anyone was awake yet. She walked down the hall, her heels clicking silently and made for the stairs. Perhaps she'd just get some breakfast.

Nick rolled over to his side turning his back to the morning light that streamed through the slightly parted drapes. He could only stay like this for so long though, he was already awake, and he knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. After a few more minutes he pushed himself up. His body ached in protest, but he got up all the same, besides too much sleep can be bad for you. He walked towards the window, his first few steps wobbly and unbalanced. Upon reached the window he cast open the drapes and shielded his eyes with his hand allowing his eyes a few seconds to adjust to the sudden flood of light. When he looked outside he noticed the view was turned away from the burning city, in fact you couldn't even see it from this side of the manor. A forest dominated the view from this window. Not like Nick was complaining though. Raising his hands he channeled his magic and condensed the water in the air, washing his face and hair with the cool liquid. When he was done he chucked the water out the window before turning to the door and leaving. He should figured he should probably go find something to eat.

((Sorry for being inactive.

Also: Sai, is that a wiki in a wiki? *confused, also Inception*))

Rina stopped smiling, reminding herself about why she is here. But once she began to move, a voice greeted her. Aeolus. She turned her head to him and replied: "I've already paid my respects to the dead. And usually we burn the bodies instead of burying them, but still, thank you for your help."

Then she answered his question: "I came here to visit my chieftain's cave. I suspect that there are more survivors of this disaster."