picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

((I was about to have Aeolus guess she was perform some kind of magic ritual in the other post, but I forgot.))

After the sign on the man's back glowed, Aeolus started getting knowledge about the man into his head. He learned the man was named Simon, who along with the hunters they killed earlier, annihilated the Eternal Wind clan and was now in agonizing pain. "You had better learn from your past, if you wish to get on our good side and live peace for the rest of your miserable life," the dragon told him.

"I'm fine. I was lucky not to get hurt by those horrible beasts, but... I just wish the same thing for my parents," said Kathia before she walked in the direction of where the other humans were going. When she got to the new camp, the humans had set up what tents they had carried for some, but not all the people to sleep in tonight.

The second the staff touched Nick it fully restored his energy, and with it he launched a ball of pure energy at Albel, vaporizing him immediately. "Lol noob baited and outplayed"

Nick let out and audible 'ouch' as the staff bounced off his head and landed on the floor next to him. He kept his weight on the wall as he slid down it and picked up his staff, before standing up and putting his weight against the staff. He nodded towards Albel in thanks, and stood in thought for a moment. "So what happens now? Do I just walk -er- limp away, or are you going to follow me and terrorize me some more? Maybe call out with a bullhorn 'Hey look a helpless human' for anyone to hear." Through this whole endeavor Nick had tried to keep a joyful mood, but he couldn't help feeling troubled by the turn of events. Hate was a poison and he had a feeling that most the dragons the would find in the city, or what remained of it, would be infected with it. Nevertheless though he needed to go out. He had to eat something or he was die of starvation, all this magic really took it out of him.

Albel stared at Nick thoughtfully. That was a good question. He wasn't going to sit in the Colosseum all day, that was for sure. He wasn't going to baby this boy either. Albel moved forward and opened the doors, ignoring Nick's nod of thanks. He folded his arms across his chest. "Do what you want, whelp. I don't care. Don't expect my help. If you get injured, crawling will be the least of your concerns" He smirked. Albel knew Nick wouldn't understand this as he didn't seem to know anything about hybrids, but it was fun to mess with his head.

((Herp, don't know what to do with Fayt now xd.png))

Edited by Sai

Nick nodded once again and head towards the door, one step at a time with his weight on the staff. As he pushed the door open he left he looked at Albel one last time. "Well I guess that's that..." He stood there for an awkward moment before continuing onwards, thoughts switching to those of survival. Get some food, get some supplies and leave the city. It sounded really easy when he thought about it, but he knew it wouldn't be that easy. He heard the agonizing screams of a man in the distance and decided it would be better to stay closer to the shadows as he traveled. Step by step, inch by inch... This was going to be a long day...

Albel stepped outside and looked around. He noted he should probably look for his brother. They hadn't been together in a while after Fayt settled in the city. But given the city was burning now... He considered finding Rika as well. Or at least seeing if she'd gotten eaten yet. Their friendship had split a long while ago as well. Albel didn't hold friends for very long it seemed. Not like it matters if I find them in this mess. If they aren't dead, they will be if I find them he noted pessimistically. This was of course because he'd have to cross the bloody streets to find them and would not doubt enter his hunters mode not far into the street. Probably the first few feet he went outside the Colosseum. It was humorous really. He looked over his shoulder at Nick with an unnerving stare, a slight smirk. He didn't doubt in the boy's weirdness he would try and 'roll away' from him as he tore his claws through him.

Albel opened his mouth slightly, considering warning him about his blood quirk. He quickly decided against it, looking ahead again. It wasn't like he wouldn't instantly sniff him out once he entered his hunter mode. His smirk was replaced with a frown. He was in essence trapped here. Since when did he care if his hunters mode killed anyone? Perhaps pity of Nick's pathetic condition. No, not likely. Albel tended to enjoy the suffering of others. He glanced down at his scarf. Sure, it would help block the blood smell, but it would have to be damp first. There was definitely no water around with everything burning. He growled audibly in frustration.

Edited by Sai

Nick made progress at a slow rate, but he seemed to recover a little with ever step, standing up straighter and taking longer strides. When he heard Albel growl he stopped and turned around, only about 30 feet away from the hybrid. "You know, if you're going to stalk me, maybe you should give me your name." he called out, his voice sounding course from all the smoke and flames around. Each breath stung his lungs, but it wasn't unbearable. The boy doubled over coughed a few times and wiped his mouth with his sleeve. Although it didn't hurt to badly, it probably wasn't that healthy ether. When his coughing fit was finished he looked back over at Albel thoughtfully I wonder if the brute has a soft side after all.

Albel's eyes flickered to Nick again as he asked his name... and accused him of stalking. Come to think of it, he didn't know the boy's name either. Again, why would he care? Despite his disgruntled mood, Albel managed to grunt, "Albel" anyway. He didn't ask for his name back, not wanted to sound interested in Nick's affairs. "I'm not stalking you. If I were stalking you, that would mean I wanted to kill you. I assure you you'd be dead by now. A long while ago. You are just a play thing" he corrected. Albel pulled his scarf up over his nose. He slowly started to move down the street, wondering how much the smoke would be able to stop his smell.

Blood hints seeped through now and again, agitating Albel. It wasn't enough to turn him, but he was noticeably ruffled by the brief whiffs he got. His claws twitched and he made staggered growls as he breathed. His pupils flickered between circles and slits. There was a certain anxiety to the hunters mode as they lost control of themselves. Albel never thought much onto it since he enjoyed killing anyway, but it affected most hybrids like his brother, Fayt who was a much more gentle person. Hybrids like Fayt who never wanted to hurt anyone were forced into a rampage they could not control. There was a safety lock on their rage however. The scientists didn't want them turning on their masters. So each scientist was assigned a hybrid to bond to as a close friend. This was to test a hybrid's ability to follow orders under their hunters mode. The hybrids would not harm those closest to them, however aggressive a mood they may be in. It was a control mechanism so the commanding officers wouldn't get slain by their own 'slaves'. Of course, this also meant the officers would have to give at least an illusion of friendship and caring to the hybrids to make them obey and control their emotions. Happy soldiers made better soldiers in the long run. But in the lab, everything was still in testing phase, and the hybrids were treated like dogs and forced to kill each other and dragons to find the strongest genes to work with.

With Simon limp on the ground, Aeolus looked at the mark for a few moments before recognizing the familiar mark he heard about in stories. Then he asked the blue dragoness, "That mark on his back; it looks like it belongs to a clan. Would you happen to be of the Eternal Wind clan?"

((I don't have anything else for Kathia. I'll have to wait for day 2 for her to post. And I'm still waiting on Zanzibar, patiently.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Simon passed out from the exhaustion the Curse caused, but deep in his mind, both Rina's and Aeolus's words were "carved" in his memory. "Maybe this lizard is just scaring me. It has to be!" - were his thoughts before passing out.

Rina stared at the limp body of Simon, then a question from Aeolus resonated through her mind. Turning her head to the emerald green dragon, she replied with somewhat sorrow tone: "Yes. I am from the clan of Eternal Wind, which ceased it's physical existence three days ago. Now it exists only in memory.

Nick paused for a second, looking in the direction Albel was going before looking back in the direction he was heading himself. He seemed to change his mind about going deeper into the city for food and turned to follow Albel instead, hobbling after him as fast as his weakened state would allow. "Well, if I'm your play thing, then maybe I should stick with you. Wouldn't want you getting bored after all." The boy slowed down as he neared Albel and brought his sleeve to his face, dampening it with a very undemanding spell that simply condensed the water in the air. Breathing became much easier.

Albel settled for finding Rika. Fayt was probably off saving people- something he had no interest in. His eyes locked on the manor in the distance. Rika's family, the Esteeds were a high class family off to the side for the sake of land. This meant they were away from the burning city, but still close enough to watch all of its events. He looked to his side when Nick suddenly appeared again. He growled in annoyance, "Whatever, but don't think I'm going to protect you, maggot" he warned. Albel stormed off towards Rika's manor.

A long walk later he'd reached the outskirts of the city where fresh grass laid free from the burning and lead up to the manor. He followed the path, not bothering to see if Nick was keeping up. Walking up to the door, Albel knocked- or banged on it rather. A servant opened the door, looking taken aback by Albel. "Oh! You... Uhh..." they looked at the burning city outside and pursed their lips. With a shake of their head, the servant waved him and Nick inside, "Well I suppose come in then. Don't want to be standing out there" the servant ushered them both inside and closed the door. "Make yourself at home" they added before wandering off. Dragons and human servants were cluttered in the main hall, chattering in alarmed manners about what was happening outside. Albel walked past everyone and up the grand staircase, turning to the left at the split. He moved down the hall, walking noticeably quietly. He stopped at a door and silently opened it. Inside a girl with long silver hair stood by the window. She wore a white dress, making her look sweet and delicate. "Oh, you're alive" he greeted. The girl flinched roughly, whirling on the spot. Her eyes instantly narrowed at Albel, "Hoping for otherwise were you?" she asked with a frown.

Aeolus read what was in Simon's head and thought, 'Deny us all you want, but you'll know how it plays out for you later.' Then in response to hearing about the extermination of the Eternal Wind clan, Aeolus felt guilty about asking and said, "I'm quite sorry to hear. You have my sympathies, Miss... I'm sorry, what's you name?"

Rina looked at Aeolus, considering her answer. Few seconds later, she decided to name herself. "It's Rina. Rina Windcutter." - she said. "And thank you."

Then she looked closely at the dragon, recognizing Aeolus, the one who invented a plan of dragons' freedom and the Spell. She decided not to push that topic and instead looked at the direction of her village, which was now destroyed. She already mourned the dead and paid them proper respect, but she felt that something was amiss...

Then it hit her.

Rina didn't remember to see the corpses of some of those she knew well.

((Well, seems like this remake is dying... as died the first one :\ ))

Edited by TheTron852

((And Zanzibar still hasn't posted, because of school and her computer not letting her on. I may end up having to timeskip to the battle between Atlas and the Hybrids, and that Atlas has met Zee and Kat on the way, if it drags on too long.))

"You're welcome, Rina, and may your clan rest in peace now that it has been avenged. Farewell and take care," said Aeolus. Then he walked off towards the direction of the village, not that he knew there was one up ahead on his path. He went on for while until he got to the destroyed village where dragon bodies were lain dead and bloodied on the ground. Among that village was the Eternal Wind Clan insignia on the tall rock. He recalled earlier of Rina looking off towards the village with a sad look on her face. 'So this is where she lives. No wonder why she looked off in this direction like that and now I've stumbled upon her home. I should give this clan a proper burial,' thought Aeolus. He started to dig up holes, one at a time, here in clan territory as it felt right for the clan to be rested here at home.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Nick followed Albel inside not sure what to do or say. He was, however, relieved to be out of the city. Things would cool down eventually, he was sure, but for now it would be best to avoid dragons. Especially in his weakened state. Nick stopped a few paces behind Albel when the hybrid greeted someone. Nick couldn't see who it was, so he took a step forward and and watched as a silver haired girl came into view. Now he felt awkward about stepping into the house of someone he had never met, but given the circumstances he didn't give it to much thought.

A servant came by and poked his head into the room, checking on Rika. "Everything alright, mistress?" he asked. Rika smiled sweetly and nodded, "Yes, you don't need to worry" she assured. The servant bowed shortly and left the area. Rika's expression flipped sides on the dime. She now wore a scowl and had her hands on her hips. "What are you doing here?" she growled at Albel. She moved closer, "Ans whos this clown? Your newest toy? Looks like you broke him already" she glared shortly at Nick and his condition, pointing at him as she talked. Rika turned on her heel, her dress swiveling behind her, "Bad hybrid to follow, little boy. He brings death wherever he goes and you seem to have the endurance of a toothpick from what I can see" she crouched by her bed and dug underneath it, pulling out her normal armored gear, sword, and bow. She stood back up and plopped them on the bed. "Speaking of which, shouldn't you be on a rampage by now with all this blood around?" she asked in a snippy tone. Albel smirked, "Kid got lucky is all" Albel grabbed the scruff of Nick's shirt, "He was bleeding out earlier, but he healed it in time" he released him with a light shove.

Nick brushed off his robe after Albel shoved him, but otherwise he choose to ignored the gesture. Looking up he faced Rika as she gathered her gear. "This 'clown' is Nick, and although Albel is overly aggressive, the mere act of traveling with him was enough to deter any potential dragons that would want to pick off an injured human. Sure he wouldn't have helped me, but any potential attackers don't know that." As he talked he walked over to the window and looked out. The city was hidden under a the thick cover of smoke and ash. When he heard Rika comment about Albel going on a rampage he had to ask. "What do you mean by a rampage?"

Rika listened to Nick's explanation. He traveled with Albel while he was injured to feel safe? Rika burst out laughing, "Oh ho ho, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Traveling with Albel while INJURED to be safe. I tell you now kid, whatever those dragons do to you, it won't be half as bad as what Albel did to you if he smelt your blood" she slowed her mocking laughter. Rika pulled away from her things for a moment to look at Nick, "He's not a dragon. He's a hybrid- a genetic experiment. Bred to be killers. They have the nose of a bloodhound, and if they smell blood" she pauses to smile, "They'll go on a horribly violent rampage, killing everything they find and are unable to control themselves. Albel is sadistic enough as is. What do you think he's like on his rampages?" she asked mockingly. Albel simply smirked at Nick, his arms folding across his chest smugly.

Nick just rolled his eyes and let out a dry chuckle. "I'm so obviously bleeding now am I? Traveling with Albel was the safest route to go. Anything that would have made me bleed would have killed me anyways, so it wouldn't have mattered if he went into a blood rampage now would it?" Nick scoffed at Rika shaking his head a bit. "He's not a dragon, but he also isn't a human. Being near him is enough protection in itself. No dragon would attack me with him nearby. The art of deterrence my dear." All the while he talked he kept his gaze out the window. He turned his head towards Rika as he finished and asked her "Do you even think before you talk?"

Rika turned, "Do you? You just admitted to traveling with him while injured. He attracts dragons toward him. Humans and dragons both hate hybrids and try to kill them. Plus with all the blood in the streets, he could have gone off at any second. Not to mention if you had the tiniest scrape that would have done the job anyway. So in fact, your decision to stick near him while there was a bloody massacre in town was quite stupid" she corrected. Albel put an arm around Nick's shoulder, his claws digging into his arm just barely enough to not puncture. He leaned down slightly, "You may want to watch your tongue, kid. Or I'll carve it from your mouth" he said in a low tone but with a simple, unnerving smile.

Nick let a small smile creep onto his face. She was so angry it was almost funny. "Obviously none of the dragons in the city knew that they were supposed to hate hybrids, because we weren't attacked at all on the way here." as he finished another thought occurred to him causing him to chuckle "You know, if I didn't know better I would say you seem concerned about me. Why else would you try so hard to convince me that my actions were stupid and risky." He was about to turn his attention back to the window and continue to watch the city, it was after all interesting in the least to watch society burn to the ground, but Albel interrupted him when he put his arm around Nick's shoulder. "I'm sorry Albel did I somehow manage to offend you?" As he questioned Albel his calm manner carried on, but being aware that Albel wasn't exactly someone you wanted in close quarters Nick took a few precautions. He cast two simple spells just in case. The first one simply dulled the pain he felt from Albel digging his claws into his arm, and the second one infused a small amount of magic into his own skin that would protect him long enough to slip away unscathed should Albel turn aggressive and attack.

Edited by picknick10

"Tch" Rika snorted shortly, "No, I don't care. I just find your stupidity amusing" she corrected. "I was curious if stupid was curable, but apparently not" she added before going off into a side door. Albel's hand slid quickly from Nick's arm to his throat, "Keep running that mouth and you'll find out" he challenged. Albel applied a noticeable pressure, "New toys are quite easy to find. And you are nearly broken already" he said, pointing out Nick's feeble state. Rika emerged from what was revealed as a bathroom in her hunting gear. She slid her bow over her shoulder and attached her sword sheath to her side. "Maybe I can get a few dragon kills out of this" she said idly. Albel released Nick, "Hunting already? Maybe I'll join. Playing cat and mouse is quite fun. And I've already found my mouse" he smirked at Nick.

Nick shook his head at her remarks, he thought about commenting, but he decided to follow Albel's advice and kept his mouth shut. He went stiff for a moment, as a natural reaction, when he felt Albel's hand move to his throat before being pushed away. Rubbing his neck a few times he replied to the hybrid. "You may be able to find someone else to terrorize, but will they be as interesting as I am?" As he finished he turned, hearing Rika enter the room again. "Look at you, now your outfit matches your attitude." When the topic shifted to hunting dragons, Nick decided that he should start thinking about when he should leave, and where he would go.

Edited by picknick10

Albel made a small noise, which at least sounded amused. "Perhaps not. But don't test your luck, maggot" he warned. Rika slung her quiver over her shoulder and looked at Albel and Nick. "You look like one of those dragon-huggers. You must be if you're so desperate as to follow him" she said pointedly at Nick. She ignored his comment, not really understanding what he meant. Her outfit seemed perfectly casual for a hunter. Perhaps that was it, all the more proof he was a dragon sympathizer. "Whatever, loser. I'm going to have fun" she took a rope hanging by her window and threw it outside. It was already tied off and she started to climb down. Rika landed on the ground with a soft thud. Albel climbed into the window and straight up jumped to the ground. He landed gracefully on two feet, making it look like an easy task.

Nick watched from above as they both left. They were both gone out the window before he could respond. He simply shrugged and headed to the front door of the house, and he left in the opposite direction that Albel and Rika went in. Sticking near the edge of the forest he continued walked a bit faster now. He was feeling slightly better now he could support his own weight. Now that he was alone, he had to start thinking survival again. Perhaps it would be a good idea to find shelter of some sort. After a while of walking he was pulled out of his thoughts when he noticed the outline of a hybrid through the trees and brush. He stopped for a moment, surprised. How did he manage to get in front of me, I deliberately went in the opposite direction. He let out a small sigh as he headed towards the figure and called out "Albel I thought you said you could find another 'toy' easily. Why are you stalking me?"

Edited by picknick10