pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

Aha! That's exactly what I came to ask about...I thought I'd try to click my entire way through the current set of codes today, then noticed I was getting the same page of dragons two and three times in a row.  blink.gif

Whoohoo! Glad my old trivia ramble helped you out. smile.gif

...also I see I did indeed forget about LithiumJay's request. *sees if I can sneak that in between RP sessions* xd.png

Edit: Aww. The site doesn't actually keep track of the registration date. Bummer. There goes that idea. sad.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Is anyone else having trouble with dragons loading veeeeery slowly on the View All section?

For me, the second page has taken well over 5 minutes to load in patchwork, and I've been finding it slow for some time, although not quite this bad until just now, but I haven't really been playing lately either, so don't know if it's the Cave, my computer, my provider, the route it takes or the site.

DC itself is currently laggy, so I suspect that every fansite with live eggs in it encounters this, too.

DC itself is currently laggy, so I suspect that every fansite with live eggs in it encounters this, too.

Thanks, Ruby Eyes!

I keep getting trojan warnings and am even more paranoid than usual about things, lol.

Hi,

I would like to request that the feature allowing someone to make fogged eggs un-removable be undone. Someone has been putting my eggs into the site and I can't remove them now. Only the person who put them in there without my permission can remove them when they feel like it.

Thank you.

Hi,

I would like to request that the feature allowing someone to make fogged eggs un-removable be undone. Someone has been putting my eggs into the site and I can't remove them now. Only the person who put them in there without my permission can remove them when they feel like it.

Thank you.

You'd not be able to remove them on your own even if that feature weren't in place; I'll hopefully get API access soon, though, so people can verify their codes when they add them. smile.gif

In the meanwhile, what are the codes? PM me and I'll take them out and keep an eye on them.

Anyone else having the issue where if you are clicking the eggs the text will appear outside the box after the second one? (On the one where you view 5 at a time)

Anyone else having the issue where if you are clicking the eggs the text will appear outside the box after the second one? (On the one where you view 5 at a time)

Do you have a screenshot? Fiddling around with Firefox 27.0.1 I've not been able to see any unusual behaviour.

user posted image

Out of space in my signature for now but wanted to brag...

Now to find this mysterious garden you mentioned...

Well done!

The 'garden' is more something you can grow (rather than find), albeit with increasingly diminishing returns over time. It should be very obvious if you've done several clicks and you log out and back in again. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

OMG I DIDN'T SEE THAT THERE BEFORE... I didn't did I? It's green. That's what we're talking about, right?

Haha, yes, that's what we're talking about. happy.gif It's gimmicky as all hell but I really, really wanted to put it on the site and it sure helps keep me interested in clicking, even though I've reached the first "zomg this is going to take forever" stretch with mine. xd.png

Update:

One of the DDF users brought to my attention that the login screen has some silly ideas about a valid password by disallowing certain characters. This... makes absolutely no sense, so I threw it out. D'oh! I didn't realise the login did that back when I made the password change feature, so it was entirely possible to set your password to something that would not let you log in any more. My apologies.

tl;dr: Logging in with 'exotic' passwords has been fixed.

I am not sure if this issue is with DDF or a DC glitch, I decided to mention it here first.

In the wee hours of this day I caught a new batch of 6 CB eggs and popped them all right into DDF as is my habit. 1 egg showed its code but no egg sprite, the other 5 showed codes and egg sprites.

user posted image

I did a hard refresh but nothing changed. I then clicked view all and located my invisible egg first by looking at the codes then visually scanning the egg sprites found it…it was the one with no egg sprite.

user posted image

I checked my scroll after adding all the new eggs to DDF and the stats showed:

user posted image

A few minutes later I put all the new eggs into a second fan site:

user posted image

My “invisible “ egg was visible on the 2nd fan site which leaves me flummoxed.

Question: is the something to be fixed here on DDF for my egg’s sprite to be visible or is it a DC glitch?

I am not sure if this issue is with DDF or a DC glitch, I decided to mention it here first.

In the wee hours of this day I caught a new batch of 6 CB eggs and popped them all right into DDF as is my habit.  1 egg showed its code but no egg sprite, the other 5 showed codes and egg sprites.

user posted image

I did a hard refresh but nothing changed. I then clicked view all and located my invisible egg first by looking at the codes then visually scanning the egg sprites found it…it was the one with no egg sprite.

user posted image

I checked my  scroll after adding all the new eggs to DDF and the stats showed:

user posted image

A few minutes later I put all the new eggs into a second fan site:

user posted image

My “invisible “ egg was visible on the 2nd fan site which leaves me flummoxed.

Question: is the something to be fixed here on DDF for my egg’s sprite to be visible or is it a DC glitch?

3c5X isn't a valid code; you might have missed a character when you were pasting it? After checking your scroll for a likely candidate: Delete the code and add it as 3c5Xu. Your screencapture is missing the u, so I'm guessing the character was lost when you pasted the code in. Does that sound plausible to you? smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

well duh!! I should have had another cup of coffee or at least a cookie before posting.

Thank you pink! biggrin.gif

When you enter a code that's already been entered, it would be nice if, instead of instantly kicking all the valid codes, the site simply kicked that one, alerted you to it, and input the others. It's really frustrating to put in over a dozen codes and then find out that one you traded for was already entered (or that you already had it entered and forgot about it), forcing you to enter all the stupid codes over again, piece by piece, to find out which one is the problem one... sad.gif

When you enter a code that's already been entered, it would be nice if, instead of instantly kicking all the valid codes, the site simply kicked that one, alerted you to it, and input the others. It's really frustrating to put in over a dozen codes and then find out that one you traded for was already entered (or that you already had it entered and forgot about it), forcing you to enter all the stupid codes over again, piece by piece, to find out which one is the problem one... sad.gif

The error message it gives you should already tell you which code it is... or I dreamt I changed that. *...goes check, wouldn't be the first time* xd.png

Let me see if I can wrangle emmilely's script into doing this, though, as I agree it'd be nice.

Edit: Ooh drat, the change I made only applies to codes you yourself have duplicated. Derrrrrrp. Yeah let me go see if I can change/expand that. @_@

Edit II: Should be all done now. Let me know if I broke anything; I had to rewrite a large chunk of the account.php page.

Edited by pinkgothic

So you have to click 20 Dragons a day to 'pay' to keep your dragons up?

What if I click 40 Dragons on Day 1 (I clicked 617 today), would it take the 40 Clicks and be like 'I got 20 extra clicks, I won't make User pay tomorrow."?

Btw awesome click site! smile.gif

So you have to click 20 Dragons a day to 'pay' to keep your dragons up?

What if I click 40 Dragons on Day 1 (I clicked 617 today), would it take the 40 Clicks and be like 'I got 20 extra clicks, I won't make User pay tomorrow."?

Btw awesome click site! smile.gif

I do want to make it that you can eventually click more for coming days, but the toll per future day would keep doubling, since daily activity is still the focus of the site.

(So, to skip tomorrow's clicks, you would then click 20 (today) + 40 (tomorrow) = 60 clicks.

To skip two future days' clicks, you would click 20 (today) + 40 (tomorrow) + 80 (the day after tomorrow) = 140 clicks.)

I really ought to sit down and add that sometime soon. smile.gif

I do want to make it that you can eventually click more for coming days, but the toll per future day would keep doubling, since daily activity is still the focus of the site.

(So, to skip tomorrow's clicks, you would then click 20 (today) + 40 (tomorrow) = 60 clicks.

To skip two future days' clicks, you would click 20 (today) + 40 (tomorrow) + 80 (the day after tomorrow) = 140 clicks.)

I really ought to sit down and add that sometime soon. smile.gif

That sounds like a nice feature, but . . . one of the things I like most about DDF is that I can count on a nice steady stream of views and clicks. If you start letting people skip days I am afraid that it will change the whole dynamic of the site. sad.gif Please consider either making it a bit more "expensive" than that to skip days (as many people already click at least that many every day as it is) or allow them to skip a maximum of one day.