pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

Hey! When possible, could I have help updating my scroll name? My DDF username is Fera and I changed my scroll from Feravyne to Feravyre; I really appreciate it. 

21 hours ago, Fera said:

Hey! When possible, could I have help updating my scroll name? My DDF username is Fera and I changed my scroll from Feravyne to Feravyre; I really appreciate it. 

:) Try now!

Edit: You're very welcome! ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

51 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

:) Try now!

You're the best! Thank you so much.

just registered today and had a question arise while clicking:

i assumed fogged dragons would need to be marked, but the text for marking things goes out of its way to specifically only mention "adult or dead dragons".

this is true for the text in both the "start clicking" and "view all" area, so it's consistent.

on the other hand, extra clicks are apparently spent to keep them from being marked, so people do mark them? are they expected to be marked/ am i overthinking it?

hi, my old scroll link shows on my account, can you update it please?  

DDF username: mishhelle
old scroll name: mxtine

new scroll name: BoaHancock

i tried to import my scroll and it did not seem to work, I’m thinking this is the reason. 

2 hours ago, milkbun said:

just registered today and had a question arise while clicking:

i assumed fogged dragons would need to be marked, but the text for marking things goes out of its way to specifically only mention "adult or dead dragons".

this is true for the text in both the "start clicking" and "view all" area, so it's consistent.

on the other hand, extra clicks are apparently spent to keep them from being marked, so people do mark them? are they expected to be marked/ am i overthinking it?

Leaning 'overthinking' ❤️ but understandably so! Let me try and untangle it for you:

• A click on the link is more of a 'vote' than it is a 'final decision', so in any case there's no reason to agonise about it too much. :)
  • You don't actually need to mark anything as long as DDF's API integration is working. The 'mark as adult or dead' links are there in case the API falls over (and I encourage clicking on them in all scenarios, because as a user of the site, you can't necessarily see if the API integration is working).
    • But also, you should know that, for all intents and purposes, votes to remove a code are effectively ignored as long as the API cron successfully runs, with the automation taking precedence.
  • The site is deliberately agnostic about whether users should be flagging fogged dragons. Use your own opinion about it! :)
  • As long as the API integration is working, fogged dragons that are not "protected" with extra clicks are removed.
    • Users can't see which fogged codes are "protected" with extra clicks, so you couldn't factor that in in the way the automation does, and it's accordingly not expected that you respect that in any way.

Hope that clears things up more than it confuses you. The short version is that you're encouraged to use your own judgement about it, and you don't have to worry about it being a unilateral decision. ❤️

1 hour ago, mishhelle said:

hi, my old scroll link shows on my account, can you update it please?  

DDF username: mishhelle
old scroll name: mxtine

new scroll name: BoaHancock

i tried to import my scroll and it did not seem to work, I’m thinking this is the reason. 

I fiddled with the database for you, try now!

Edited by pinkgothic

thank you very much for the detailed answer! :) i'll make up my own mind then ^^

and another thank you for this cool website of course ❤️ and for your dedication running it!

42 minutes ago, milkbun said:

and another thank you for this cool website of course ❤️ and for your dedication running it!

I can only take credit for running it, @emmilely created it. :) I'm just glad she let me continue its legacy in her absence.

Just today, I've finally noticed that my Clicks on here are evidently not reaching the DC system. I've clicked on what must have been hundreds of new eggs and hatchies in DDF, but while they register here, very few show as 'Observed' on the species pages of the new dragons, and these are evidently the relative few I Click on other 'refreshing' sites I've used. If they aren't showing up elsewhere, does that mean that my Clicks on DDF are doing nothing for the dragons?

I have noticed that for some time now I have not been getting the usual species-info link when looking at individual egg/hatchie pages on DDF, which seemed rather odd, but not the same sort of issue as daily clicking at least a full page of babies which may not be gaining anything by it! HELP! Please?

4 hours ago, Syphoneira said:

Just today, I've finally noticed that my Clicks on here are evidently not reaching the DC system. I've clicked on what must have been hundreds of new eggs and hatchies in DDF, but while they register here, very few show as 'Observed' on the species pages of the new dragons, and these are evidently the relative few I Click on other 'refreshing' sites I've used. If they aren't showing up elsewhere, does that mean that my Clicks on DDF are doing nothing for the dragons?

I have noticed that for some time now I have not been getting the usual species-info link when looking at individual egg/hatchie pages on DDF, which seemed rather odd, but not the same sort of issue as daily clicking at least a full page of babies which may not be gaining anything by it! HELP! Please?

Hi, Syphoneira! There's nothing I can do about that; browsers have gotten more restrictive about what is and isn't allowed in iframes, and they no longer send cookies (the thing that keeps you logged into Dragon Cave) unless the site in the iframe (Dragon Cave itself) says that it's okay to send them.

What you can do is ctrl+click on the "View page" link to open the entire dragon page in a new tab. New tabs don't have that restriction.

Just now, Syphoneira said:

Thanks, I'll try that! And hope that they also still register on DDF to keep my eggs in, lol.

They do. :) Basically, if you click on 'View page', you're opening a link on DDF, which registers your click in an instant and then immediately redirects to the page on Dragon Cave.

Could I get my username and the scroll name attached to my account changed as well? My username on the site and old scroll name are both: gusearth1, but I've since changed my scroll name to just Gusearth.

10 hours ago, Gusearth said:

Could I get my username and the scroll name attached to my account changed as well? My username on the site and old scroll name are both: gusearth1, but I've since changed my scroll name to just Gusearth.

Should be done! ❤️ Let me know if I got that right.

Edit: Awesome! Happy to help. :)

Edited by pinkgothic

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

Should be done! ❤️ Let me know if I got that right.

Seems to be working, thanks for the quick response!

hello! may i request a username change?
my current scroll name is cainhurst- but my account username in DDF is "leomon"

thank you!

12 minutes ago, cainhurst said:

hello! may i request a username change?
my current scroll name is cainhurst- but my account username in DDF is "leomon"

thank you!

Sure thing. :) Try now!

Hi, I can't log in because I don't remember the pw and I don't understand how to recover or change it. What do I have to do? Thank you

11 hours ago, Kaleela said:

Hi, I can't log in because I don't remember the pw and I don't understand how to recover or change it. What do I have to do? Thank you

I sent you a PM. :)

Heyyyy there!  I just started trying to use this site, and I apparently did not put the right link in for my scroll.  Apparently I'm supposed to ask a moderator if I want to change it?

I also do not know what the right link is.  I copied the link from the "share" box on my dragons page.  https://dragcave.net/user/Reyan62

Oh I see, it looks like it only wanted my username, not the full link.  So anyway... any chance I could get somebody to change it for me?

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Reyan62 said:

Heyyyy there!  I just started trying to use this site, and I apparently did not put the right link in for my scroll.  Apparently I'm supposed to ask a moderator if I want to change it?

I also do not know what the right link is.  I copied the link from the "share" box on my dragons page.  https://dragcave.net/user/Reyan62

Oh I see, it looks like it only wanted my username, not the full link.  So anyway... any chance I could get somebody to change it for me?

Thank you!

See if it works for you now. :) I hopefully fixed it for you!

(For people asking for help, it's super useful to me if you also drop in some info about what your username on DDF is, since I don't know for sure unless I dig into the database. I should probably emphasise that somewhere on-site. XD)

25 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

See if it works for you now. :) I hopefully fixed it for you!

(For people asking for help, it's super useful to me if you also drop in some info about what your username on DDF is, since I don't know for sure unless I dig into the database. I should probably emphasise that somewhere on-site. XD)

Yesss it works now.  Thank you so much!

Ah yeah, my bad.  Well it is the same username I think, so hopefully I didn't create too much trouble for you!

Hey, can I ask another noob question?

Is there a way for me to be logged in to DragonCave on the click subwindow thing?  It looks like I'm not, and it's hard to access the page from there.  (I was hoping to get encyclopedia credit for the clicks.)

Edited by Reyan62