Jump to content
pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

Recommended Posts

Hey! When possible, could I have help updating my scroll name? My DDF username is Fera and I changed my scroll from Feravyne to Feravyre; I really appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Fera said:

Hey! When possible, could I have help updating my scroll name? My DDF username is Fera and I changed my scroll from Feravyne to Feravyre; I really appreciate it. 

:) Try now!

 

Edit: You're very welcome! ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

:) Try now!

You're the best! Thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post

just registered today and had a question arise while clicking:

i assumed fogged dragons would need to be marked, but the text for marking things goes out of its way to specifically only mention "adult or dead dragons".

this is true for the text in both the "start clicking" and "view all" area, so it's consistent.

on the other hand, extra clicks are apparently spent to keep them from being marked, so people do mark them? are they expected to be marked/ am i overthinking it?

Share this post


Link to post

hi, my old scroll link shows on my account, can you update it please?  

DDF username: mishhelle
old scroll name: mxtine

new scroll name: BoaHancock

 

i tried to import my scroll and it did not seem to work, I’m thinking this is the reason. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, milkbun said:

just registered today and had a question arise while clicking:

i assumed fogged dragons would need to be marked, but the text for marking things goes out of its way to specifically only mention "adult or dead dragons".

this is true for the text in both the "start clicking" and "view all" area, so it's consistent.

on the other hand, extra clicks are apparently spent to keep them from being marked, so people do mark them? are they expected to be marked/ am i overthinking it?

Leaning 'overthinking' ❤️ but understandably so! Let me try and untangle it for you:

  • A click on the link is more of a 'vote' than it is a 'final decision', so in any case there's no reason to agonise about it too much. :)
  • You don't actually need to mark anything as long as DDF's API integration is working. The 'mark as adult or dead' links are there in case the API falls over (and I encourage clicking on them in all scenarios, because as a user of the site, you can't necessarily see if the API integration is working).
    • But also, you should know that, for all intents and purposes, votes to remove a code are effectively ignored as long as the API cron successfully runs, with the automation taking precedence.
  • The site is deliberately agnostic about whether users should be flagging fogged dragons. Use your own opinion about it! :)
  • As long as the API integration is working, fogged dragons that are not "protected" with extra clicks are removed.
    • Users can't see which fogged codes are "protected" with extra clicks, so you couldn't factor that in in the way the automation does, and it's accordingly not expected that you respect that in any way.

Hope that clears things up more than it confuses you. The short version is that you're encouraged to use your own judgement about it, and you don't have to worry about it being a unilateral decision. ❤️

 

1 hour ago, mishhelle said:

hi, my old scroll link shows on my account, can you update it please?  

DDF username: mishhelle
old scroll name: mxtine

new scroll name: BoaHancock

 

i tried to import my scroll and it did not seem to work, I’m thinking this is the reason. 

I fiddled with the database for you, try now!

Edited by pinkgothic

Share this post


Link to post

thank you very much for the detailed answer! :) i'll make up my own mind then ^^

and another thank you for this cool website of course ❤️ and for your dedication running it!

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, milkbun said:

and another thank you for this cool website of course ❤️ and for your dedication running it!

I can only take credit for running it, @emmilely created it. :) I'm just glad she let me continue its legacy in her absence.

Share this post


Link to post


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.