pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

Just now, Syphoneira said:

When I click on either 'start clicking' or 'view all', (which I've tried repeatedly) I go nowhere, just stay on the log-in page which is all I can access now.

Yes, that's what the site behaves like when you're logged out. That's normal. (...to be fair I never understood why "View all" required a login, instead of just gating the click count functionality, but I've kept the behaviour from emmilely's site. XD)

There is no password reset functionality at the moment (and it happens sufficiently infrequently that I still haven't wanted to set time aside to code one); but I can reset your password for you! Let me grab you to PM. :)

I have something to say about the Gemshard color clock. Today is Sunday, which is "chaos" day, and the animation is a bit distracting / eyestrain-y... so I thought of a couple solutions.

1. Have it cycle slower. Right now the delay between the colors is 700ms. Perhaps something between 850ms and 1000ms could work.
  2. Crossfade the frames. This would soften the transition between the colors.

If it's not possible to make any changes to the image for whatever reason, that's okay. I just figured I'd bring this up. :)

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

I have something to say about the Gemshard color clock. Today is Sunday, which is "chaos" day, and the animation is a bit distracting / eyestrain-y... so I thought of a couple solutions.

1. Have it cycle slower. Right now the delay between the colors is 700ms. Perhaps something between 850ms and 1000ms could work.
  2. Crossfade the frames. This would soften the transition between the colors.

If it's not possible to make any changes to the image for whatever reason, that's okay. I just figured I'd bring this up. :)

@Shokomon - would you be willing to make some tweaks?

On 9/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, pinkgothic said:

@Shokomon - would you be willing to make some tweaks?

Sure! Just give me a bit. Life is extra busy now.

Also, sorry about thr eyestrain, @0x08.

I somehow managed to put my password in wrong,  and now I have zero idea how to fix it. lol

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I somehow managed to put my password in wrong,  and now I have zero idea how to fix it. lol

I've reached out to you in PM. :)

On 7/22/2013 at 8:19 AM, pinkgothic said:

Gemshard cycler, icons courtesy of Shokomon (and Odeen) : clocks.gif

[img=https://leviathan.thorngale.net/gemshard/clocks.gif]

First, I love this site!

Next, forgive me if I missed it, but is there a "regular sized" Gemshard cycler image? :)

~~~~~

Also, if anyone needs to find the EOC (end of clicks) banner, I uploaded it to imgur:

73SxMdG.gif

And with the code, it would be

[url=https://leviathan.thorngale.net] [img=https://i.imgur.com/73SxMdG.gif[/img][/url]

Edited by missy_

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

Next, forgive me if I missed it, but is there a "regular sized" Gemshard cycler image? :)

You can adjust the size of an image after you paste it into your signature or post. Double click the image and a modal will pop up.

Modal that appears when you double click an image, allowing you to adjust the size.

This is width 38: Gemshard Clock by Odeen, smaller sized.

Edited by 0x08

18 hours ago, missy_ said:

Nope! I am not really actively making anything myself any more except for the coding to turn cyclers into dynamic images (and anything needed for maintenance and support of the site, of course! ❤️), but I'm happy to host images if anyone wants to make them. ^_^

18 hours ago, missy_ said:

Also, if anyone needs to find the EOC (end of clicks) banner, I uploaded it to imgur:

If you like, you can just use https://leviathan.thorngale.net/eoc_button.gif instead - that's not at risk of randomly getting rate-limited or deleted by Imgur. (The only reason it's not in the first post is because it's a thing to discover on the site. :))

Is there any way to change the name of the scroll we put in? I did an oopsie and pasted the whole url out of habit and now I can't automatically import :(

6 hours ago, eccentricbirdie said:

Is there any way to change the name of the scroll we put in? I did an oopsie and pasted the whole url out of habit and now I can't automatically import :(

Ouff, that happens sometimes! It's somewhat deliberate that people can't easily change their scroll association, but I try to react swiftly to change requests. 🤗 I've gone and run a query that fixed up you and four other people with the same problem. Try now!

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Ouff, that happens sometimes! It's somewhat deliberate that people can't easily change their scroll association, but I try to react swiftly to change requests. 🤗 I've gone and run a query that fixed up you and four other people with the same problem. Try now!

Ah thank you so much, it's all fixed now! 

About the Lumina tool: do the percentages on the tool only refer to Luminae that are found in the cave, or does it also apply to Luminae produced from breeding?

Just now, 0x08 said:

About the Lumina tool: do the percentages on the tool only refer to Luminae that are found in the cave, or does it also apply to Luminae produced from breeding?

Should be both, from my understanding, although you'd best ask someone who has experience breeding Luminae. :)

1 minute ago, pinkgothic said:

Should be both, from my understanding, although you'd best ask someone who has experience breeding Luminae. :)

I see! Thank you. ^_^

3 hours ago, 0x08 said:

It applies to both.

7 hours ago, Aizaka said:

question...

Will there ever be a drop track of florets?

Hi, Aizaka! I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean a kind of calendar? Florets don't have a time component. The ones you find the Jungle are the Alstroemerias, the ones you find in the Alpine and Forest are Irides. You get the others by breeding.

Hi! My scroll info needs fixing on my profile since I accidentally put in the entire scroll link instead of my username ;-;

2 minutes ago, OKSaiph said:

Hi! My scroll info needs fixing on my profile since I accidentally put in the entire scroll link instead of my username ;-;

I tried to fix it for you; you should be all set now. Let me know if you need any additional help!

Hiya! My scroll used to be wee.zee and since we could change our scrolls I changed it to just weezee. Is there anyway I can get some help with fixing this, plz? Thanks! ;3

11 hours ago, weezee said:

Hiya! My scroll used to be wee.zee and since we could change our scrolls I changed it to just weezee. Is there anyway I can get some help with fixing this, plz? Thanks! ;3

Of course! ❤️ You should be all set now, I fiddled with the database for you.

TJ recently announced a small change to the Dragon Cave API. They're mostly cosmetic, but I wanted to give a small heads-up anyway that I've changed the way scrolls are loaded. If you notice something newly weird about scroll loading when it previously worked, starting approximately at the time this post was made, then let me know, it means I somehow managed to break it.

[ Edit: Investigating some weird wording in the email: TJ actually sent it out in December, but his email host only disgorged it this month:

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:59:54 -0500
Received: from proton.technoized.com (proton.technoized.com. [<IP snipped>])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id 125-20020a250f83000000b0066036913361si5337218ybp.209.2022.06.11.23.32.55
        (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
        Sat, 11 Jun 2022 23:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

So, not-so-recently announced after all! ]

Edited by pinkgothic