pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

This is kinda weird: I went to remove some hatchies which I'd given away from my account listing/the site and after I'd marked those, found that the 'Remove' option does't seem to be showing? I tried bringing up a new page, but it still didn't show... Not a biggie,as everything else seems to be there, but thought I'd mention.

24 minutes ago, Syphoneira said:

This is kinda weird: I went to remove some hatchies which I'd given away from my account listing/the site and after I'd marked those, found that the 'Remove' option does't seem to be showing? I tried bringing up a new page, but it still didn't show... Not a biggie,as everything else seems to be there, but thought I'd mention.

There's actually an "Update" button right at the bottom of the page! It's always there, just when you've got protected codes, I add a clone of it labelled "Remove" under the codes. Given that's thrown at least you off (and probably countless others that didn't say anything), I'll make that button show all the time to reduce confusion. Sorry for the unintuitive design, there. :)

Edit: Done! Let me know if you notice any oddities about the button now that it's always there.

Edited by pinkgothic

.Thanks! My goodness, you're fast!

Just to mention,  though, I'd actually tried the update button, just in case, but the hatchies still seemed to be there... something to do with my computer, perhaps? (It acts weirder than I do - scary, lol.) checked just now and removed them no problem, thanks ever so much.

16 minutes ago, Syphoneira said:

.Thanks! My goodness, you're fast!

Just to mention,  though, I'd actually tried the update button, just in case, but the hatchies still seemed to be there... something to do with my computer, perhaps? (It acts weirder than I do - scary, lol.) checked just now and removed them no problem, thanks ever so much.

If it happens again, can you try to capture a before/after screenshot combo? (I know "before" is difficult in such a situation, but hopefully if it fails once, it'll fail a second time as well, and you can just retry and capture the before/after of the retry.)

Lol, I've no idea of how to do screenshots, but if it happens to me and not to other people, it's likely something to do with my system, which has been doing some odd things (heat/humidity?) - and if it happens to other people, we'll presumably hear about it on the thread.

Edit: late last night, it started giving the count of my youtube playlists as two short, but can count correctly today, when I refreshed the page I still had up - and I haven't turned the computer off during that period, so it wasn't cleared that way. Little odd things like that. And I'd been in and out of DDF yesterday with everything normal - did 250 clicks after the turnover, in the wee earlies, being unable to sleep - so it may be my computer doing one odd thing a day?

Edited by Syphoneira

2 minutes ago, Syphoneira said:

Lol, I've no idea of how to do screenshots, but if it happens to me and not to other people, it's likely something to do with my system, which has been doing some odd things (heat/humidity?) - and if it happens to other people, we'll presumably hear about it on the thread.

If you use Windows, you should have a system tool called Snipping Tool that will let you take a screenshot of a portion of the screen. There's another option, though: The PrntScr key on your keyboard (assuming you're not on a condensed keyboard, like a laptop, which may not have it) will take a screenshot of your entire screen.

If you use MacOS, you can make a screenshot of a portion of the screen with shift + command + 4.

(And in the unlikely chance that you use a Linux distro, there's the PrntScr key, or various potential programs that help you take a screenshot of a portion of the screen.)

Once you have a screenshot, you can just PM me on here and attach the image(s) you saved. :) If you want, give it a try with something insignificant right now - maybe a screenshot of this post. I'll gladly help you troubleshoot screenshots in PM if you run into problems, too.

Thanks, but my brother switched me to Linux, knowing that I know nothing of computers, promised to help walk me through whatever - but I have chemical sensitivities and other related health issues from work-place chemical poisoning. We have people staying here and visiting right now who use a lot of household/gardening/personal-care/laundry chemicals which cause disastrous issues for me - and I hate trying to do do/learn things when I can't even breathe properly any more and my 'brain's no good'. Not that it ever was, but worse is downright scary, lol. I'm often too tired to type and the mess I can make there causes me to not want to do anything that might foul up my computer; I haz a knack for that anyway.

Something I have been curious about for a long time -- no big issue! ;)  But is there any rhyme or reason to where new eggs get added when I import them? I haven't been able to determine one yet, but I am quite probably missing something obvious.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Something I have been curious about for a long time -- no big issue! ;)  But is there any rhyme or reason to where new eggs get added when I import them? I haven't been able to determine one yet, but I am quite probably missing something obvious.

Yep! Scroll order. The old entries aren't removed, though.

What that means that if you've got the following codes on your scroll, in this order:

1. pqrst

2. abcde

3. klmno

4. fghij

And you previously had abcde and fghij in your account (in that order), then the [import] button will let your DDF account look like this:

1. abcde

2. fghij

3. pqrst (new)

4. klmno (new)

^_^ Try it! Remove all codes from your DDF account, [import] your dragons, remove some at random, then hit [import] again - you'll notice they get appended to the end, in scroll order.

Hmm. Still a bit confused.

Spoiler

993276395_DDFscreenie.PNG.1efcb118b38d564e72ad9b947e58fc42.PNG

I'm sure the Undine (which is no longer on my scroll)and the Bloodscale were added last, but ended up in the top row and the middle. I assume the Zyu hatchie ended up last because it was fogged for awhile and therefore probably removed and then returned when I imported.

Only thing I can think is that the Undine and Bloodscale fell into the spaces of things that were removed because they grew up. Does that happen?

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hmm. Still a bit confused.

Hide contents

993276395_DDFscreenie.PNG.1efcb118b38d564e72ad9b947e58fc42.PNG

I'm sure the Undine (which is no longer on my scroll)and the Bloodscale were added last, but ended up in the top row and the middle. I assume the Zyu hatchie ended up last because it was fogged for awhile and therefore probably removed and then returned when I imported.

Only thing I can think is that the Undine and Bloodscale fell into the spaces of things that were removed because they grew up. Does that happen?

Nope. DDF is oblivious to whether something is an egg or a hatchling. It's even oblivious to whether something is an anything-at-all, except that it knows to remove codes that don't exist when it cleans things - but you can add them and the UI doesn't bother to cross-check.

When you trade for things that are on DDF already and then hit [import], they'll slot in wherever they were added to the site (i.e. something approximating chronologically), because they're not being removed and readded, just reassigned to your account.

Edited by pinkgothic

Then I'm still confused. Only the Zyu was traded onto my scroll, but it was there as an egg, got sick and fogged and then returned as a hatchling. The two eggs don't seem to have ended up where you seem to be saying they should have, which would have been at the bottom -- since they were added after everything else. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Then I'm still confused. Only the Zyu was traded onto my scroll, but it was there as an egg, got sick and fogged and then returned as a hatchling. The two eggs don't seem to have ended up where you seem to be saying they should have, which would have been at the bottom -- since they were added after everything else. :wacko:

Well, I can't help you there. In theory it can be possible that a code will rarely pop up somewhere in the middle of things, since this isn't an explicit ORDER BY command given to the database, but in practise I've never seen that happen on my account. One of us is unusually lucky. I couldn't tell you which.

But you should try the thing I told you to try. You'll see that's how it usually works.

Oh, yes, I do know you are right about that. I just was curious about the way these ended up and I have seen odd orders before. It really isn't any problem how they are ordered, as long as they are there. XD 

On the page where you click five dragons, the dc page that appears when you click an egg cannot be scrolled.
Image:

image.png.65b9668efad4b18e977f04c5a63df1c5.png

38 minutes ago, realicraft said:

On the page where you click five dragons, the dc page that appears when you click an egg cannot be scrolled.
Image:

image.png.65b9668efad4b18e977f04c5a63df1c5.png

Yep. Are you requesting it be made scrollable?

Well, it should be.
You can only see some of the description, and sometimes none at all! Plus, on the page with all the dragons, it's scrollable there. Image:

image.thumb.png.d75c0edb7340394550941dcadc3c7fb9.png

2 minutes ago, realicraft said:

Well, it should be.
You can only see some of the description, and sometimes none at all! Plus, on the page with all the dragons, it's scrollable there. Image:

Huh! I didn't realise there were people using the site to read the descriptions. (This is not meant to be a flippant obversation - I'm just genuinely puzzled.)

For what it's worth: You can get a slightly different behaviour by clicking "View page" instead of the sprite, but that still won't give you scrollbars. That said, you can ctrl+click "View page" and open the critter in a new tab, giving you full control of how you want to view it. ^_^ It even has the bonus of being a quicker way of clicking, since you don't need to wait for one dragon to finish loading to click the next.

At the moment there are functional reasons why this frame doesn't work the same way as the frame at the bottom of the 'view all' page. Clicking on the sprite loads a page which in turn embeds a left-displaced iframe of the Dragon Cave page. This makes the dragon's sprite appear near-centred in the narrow frame (you'll notice it's much, much narrower than the one on the 'view all' page). If I made the frames naively scrollable, you'd have two sets of scrollbars - one for the frame you see, and one for the one in the background.

(If you ctrl+click on a sprite, you can see the page that's loaded in the background, which might make what I mean a bit clearer.)

Basically, this isn't as trivial to fix as you might think. :) Since there are other ways of getting the information you want (ctrl+click "View page"), I personally don't think the current setup needs to change, but if it's very important to you, I can look into it. Let me know?

I have accidentally removed four fogged dragons that were supposed to be protected from removals.

I apologise to anyone affected.

How can I get a moderator to change my scroll name on the site? I have finally gotten lazy enough to want that function. 😅 

This is my favorite click site and I am grateful to all of you for keeping it going!

1 minute ago, Kellach said:

How can I get a moderator to change my scroll name on the site? I have finally gotten lazy enough to want that function. 😅 

This is my favorite click site and I am grateful to all of you for keeping it going!

Toss me a PM with your account name, your current scroll name that you put in on the site, and the scroll name you want it changed to, and I'll be happy to fix it for you. :)

I don't know if it is just me, but DDF has been wierd the past couple of days. It hasn't updated at all, so for a couple of days now I haven't had to give out new clicks and my grown eggs are not taken out of it automatically.

Now I don't hate it, of course I'm happy to reieve views without having to give out the 20 clicks the site asks daily, but I'm pretty sure this is some glitch or something wrong in the site and maybe the owners have not noticed it? Anybody having this same problem?

20 hours ago, Kaiserf11 said:

I don't know if it is just me, but DDF has been wierd the past couple of days. It hasn't updated at all, so for a couple of days now I haven't had to give out new clicks and my grown eggs are not taken out of it automatically.

Now I don't hate it, of course I'm happy to reieve views without having to give out the 20 clicks the site asks daily, but I'm pretty sure this is some glitch or something wrong in the site and maybe the owners have not noticed it? Anybody having this same problem?

Hey, Kaiserf11; nope, not just you. Generally, you can always PM me if you want to reach me directly, though I'm subscribed to this thread, so this is the earliest I could've gotten back to you. An automated update on the server broke something in the background. I'm actually slightly surprised that the rest of the site is still functioning! :) I'm going to see how quickly I can fix this and update this thread as soon as I know more.

Edit: Okay, it was an easier fix than I feared. It should work again from this point forward. Let me know if you notice any further oddities!

Edited by pinkgothic

10 hours ago, Kaiserf11 said:

Well, glad it wasn't anything complicated or site risking. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for reporting it! :)