pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

-egg spam removed, please read board rules-

You need to go to the off forum fan site to post your eggs

Edited by rubyshoes

I got 3 eggs, 4 if you count the dead one i have tongue.gif

They need to be hatched quickly..

I dont want them to die  sad.gif ..

Your eggs are in no immediate danger of dying. smile.gif Click on the link in the first post of this thread, register with the site and list your dragons there to get some views. All the other sites in this forum are the same. You must go to the site itself to list your eggs. Listing them here is against the forum rules.

Edited by purplehaze

I accidentally clicked every dragon on my first day because I wanted to see what to totally mysterious progress bar did....

I accidentally hit enter before entering my full scroll name.... how do I change it? I've only just noticed.

I accidentally hit enter before entering my full scroll name.... how do I change it? I've only just noticed.

Currently only the site mods can change it, but if you let us know what your account name is, we can fix it quickly. biggrin.gif

I enabled auto-pruning of adults / frozens / (non-protected) fogged dragons / dead things. Note that you're still encouraged to use the user marking system - they're super useful in case the API fails us. smile.gif

I'll be working on the 'click ahead' feature this weekend; most necessary code is already prepared, but I have a sneaking suspicion I should test this more carefully than usual. tongue.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Click ahead feature? For periods without internet access? Brilliant! wub.gif

Lol, I usually Click on the View All idea, since I usually View all twice a day anyway, but even though I have clicked right through the other section, I'd never seen the mysterious garden link - just saw someone comment on finding it going through a link you provided and will have to remember to try finding the link for that, which I somehow couldn't locate before.

Click ahead feature? For periods without internet access? Brilliant! wub.gif

Lol, I usually Click on the View All idea, since I usually View all twice a day anyway, but even though I have clicked right through the other section, I'd never seen the mysterious garden link - just saw someone comment on finding it going through a link you provided and will have to remember to try finding the link for that, which I somehow couldn't locate before.

Re: click-ahead, exactly. happy.gif

Regarding the 'mysterious garden', log out and back in. See if you notice a difference. Then meditate on that difference. xd.png

All right, we now have a click-ahead feature, along with an explanation of it in the FAQ. Feedback welcome. If it turns out to have ill effects (which I however don't expect), I'll deactivate it again. So I absolutely need to hear feedback - positive, neutraluser posted image and negative.

Of course, I also welcome bug reports. The entire way the site does the click roll-over has changed dramatically under the hood. Clicks still reset at 03:00 EDT/EST, but codes are kept by click-ahead days, so a lot of the underlying machinery had to be gutted and replaced. If you notice something weird, like your codes remaining on DDF when they shouldn't, or being removed when they shouldn't, let me know!

All right, we now have a click-ahead feature, along with an explanation of it in the FAQ. Feedback welcome. If it turns out to have ill effects (which I however don't expect), I'll deactivate it again. So I absolutely need to hear feedback - positive, neutraluser posted image and negative.

Of course, I also welcome bug reports. The entire way the site does the click roll-over has changed dramatically under the hood. Clicks still reset at 03:00 EDT/EST, but codes are kept by click-ahead days, so a lot of the underlying machinery had to be gutted and replaced. If you notice something weird, like your codes remaining on DDF when they shouldn't, or being removed when they shouldn't, let me know!

I did an End of Clicks run and I've got 505 extra clicks, but DDF says this will only keep my codes for 4 days. Is the number of clicks required to "click ahead" higher than for each day clicks? (ie not the usual 20 clicks = 1 day)

Edited by rendragyn

Rendragyn, I think you will find your answer in the FAQs, which are linked in the first post of this thread.

Pinkgothic, my question is, is there a link to those FAQs any where within the site itself? I looked for them on site a day or two ago and was unable to locate any link. nvm! I found the link, in teeny tiny print at the bottom of the page. I am well-known for failing to see things that are right under my nose, but those links could stand a boost in size to help the visually challenged. Perhaps equal in size and boldness to the links for account info, start clicking, and view all?

Edited by purplehaze

Rendragyn, I think you will find your answer in the FAQs, which are linked in the first post of this thread.

Pinkgothic, my question is, is there a link to those FAQs any where within the site itself? I looked for them on site a day or two ago and was unable to locate any link. nvm! I found the link, in teeny tiny print at the bottom of the page. I am well-known for failing to see things that are right under my nose, but those links could stand a boost in size to help the visually challenged. Perhaps equal in size and boldness to the links for account info, start clicking, and view all?

I could do that, though they look the same size to me. Let me see what the stylesheets say and get back to you. smile.gif

(Generally speaking, I'm a bit reluctant to change the look and feel of the site, since I consider that emmilely's thing. But I don't think this particular bit would conflict with my feelings about it. biggrin.gif)

Edit: Okay, there was a pixel or so difference between the sizes. I changed it and added some bold. See if that's better for you?

Edited by pinkgothic

Thanks for trying, but I am afraid it made no difference on my screen. I think it is because of their position on the screen, and the angle of view for me rather than their size or boldness after all. If I scrunch down in my chair so that those links are at eye level, they do appear the same as the links at the top. But at my normal viewing position they do not. Now that I realize where the link is, it really isn't an issue for me any more. As I said, thanks for trying. I really do appreciate your responsiveness to suggestions from users.

Thanks for trying, but I am afraid it made no difference on my screen. I think it is because of their position on the screen, and the angle of view for me rather than their size or boldness after all. If I scrunch down in my chair so that those links are at eye level, they do appear the same as the links at the top. But at my normal viewing position they do not. Now that I realize where the link is, it really isn't an issue for me any more.

I've fiddled around with it some more. See if you like it the way it is now. smile.gif

As I said, thanks for trying. I really do appreciate your responsiveness to suggestions from users.

Thank you!

I've fiddled around with it some more. See if you like it the way it is now. smile.gif

Thank you!

Much better. Thank you!

This is a cool little site smile.gif Seems to work very smoothly. I love the design (both visually and practically) though the font is super tiny - I'm used to having to zoom out not in ohmy.gif

Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that makes me very seriously wonder if I have some kind of OCD-like problem - I wont be able to keep using it if I feel the need to reach the end of clicks every day :/

This is a cool little site smile.gif Seems to work very smoothly. I love the design (both visually and practically) though the font is super tiny - I'm used to having to zoom out not in  ohmy.gif

Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that makes me very seriously wonder if I have some kind of OCD-like problem - I wont be able to keep using it if I feel the need to reach the end of clicks every day :/

Glad you like it!

Do you have any idea how I can maybe ease the pressure on the 'end of clicks' matter for you (and others with a similar issue)?

I mean, I suspect you'll eventually stop doing that on your own, but if you have an idea (e.g. maybe making the progress bar one that checks the amount of clicks you'd done versus the amount of clicks you need to give to keep your codes in, and then having a different spot that tells you your status for all codes), I'd be happy to at least consider it. smile.gif

Glad you like it!

Do you have any idea how I can maybe ease the pressure on the 'end of clicks' matter for you (and others with a similar issue)?

I mean, I suspect you'll eventually stop doing that on your own, but if you have an idea (e.g. maybe making the progress bar one that checks the amount of clicks you'd done versus the amount of clicks you need to give to keep your codes in, and then having a different spot that tells you your status for all codes), I'd be happy to at least consider it. smile.gif

It's cool of you to offer to look for workarounds for this kind of thing, thanks smile.gif I think I'll mentally ban myself from the 'Start Clicking!' tab and use the 'View All' tab to click instead. Something like your suggestion might be helpful for others with real problems though, if you get some time and the urge to do some site-tweaking :3

Hi, again, pinkgothic, it's the idiot who can't even figure out how to log out of here, as recommended, never mind meditate on any changes, lol.

I did come back again today to do another complete run of the Click all, still haven't seen any mysterious garden.

Could this be connected with the issues I've been having for some time where FF keeps telling me that it won't run various things because they're outdated and unsafe, although when I go to the site I'm told they're OK, so I haven't been able to run videos?

It does seem to block a number of things, including all but plain print ads.

(Because of a bunch of issues, I ain't touchin' nuffin' until someone who knows what they're doing looks at this sucker, lol.)

Edited by Syphoneira

In the bottom left corner, you should see some links, the 2nd one is the Logout thing.

I did come back again today to do another complete run of the Click all, still haven't seen any mysterious garden.

Could this be connected with the issues I've been having for some time where FF keeps telling me that it won't run various things because they're outdated and unsafe, although when I go to the site I'm told they're OK, so I haven't been able to run videos?

No, it really won't be related to that. I've PMed you explicit spoilers, though. smile.gif

Question about the click ahead feature. I am currently usually clicking enough daily to get 3 days. If I were to only click 20 eggs today would that reset everything so I would lose the extra padding? Or are those extra days still there? Not that I am planning to do that, but I just wondered if there is a day that I don't have time to click a lot, am I better off not clicking at all? I hope you understand what I am asking. I seem to be having a hard time explaining it. wink.gif

Question about the click ahead feature. I am currently usually clicking enough daily to get 3 days. If I were to only click 20 eggs today would that reset everything so I would lose the extra padding? Or are those extra days still there? Not that I am planning to do that, but I just wondered if there is a day that I don't have time to click a lot, am I better off not clicking at all? I hope you understand what I am asking. I seem to be having a hard time explaining it. wink.gif

I think the FAQ should answer your question in this case:

[...] If you clicked 60 dragons yesterday and come back to the site today, you don't have to click, but if you look at your account page, the site will tell you that you have zero clicks, which are worth no passes. You lose any free passes you had in the background once you start clicking again.

This is intentionally sneaky.

People who have time to visit the site and review their free passes can presumably pitch in clicks - and we don't want to give anyone an incentive not to do so.

Let me know if that answers your question? If not, I'll see about how I can rephrase. user posted image