Speedicus

The Return ~Open~

Alteria stopped looking at the rocks and scanned her surroundings.She had the strange feeling there were more dragons around her than just the green one.She couldn't see anyone though,so she listened.She could hear faint rustling,but not where it was coming from.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Hastily, Loambreaker gathered her rocks. She knew her mother would be worried waiting for her. She looked around. Quite a few of her pebbles had been flung far from her rockpile. One she saw underneath an adult Seragamma's foot. She marched over to him. Age superiority had been engrained into her mind since hatching, so she asked as politely and as respectfully as she could for him to lift his foot.

Ebon eye ridge and looked down at his foot. There was a smooth pebble underneath it; Ebon lifted his foot and kicked the pebble over to the Green. It wasn't a hard kick that flung the pebble away, but it wasn't exactly a gentle kick either. "Why are all of you hatchlings gathered around this stream?" Ebon asked, "It isn't exactly the safest place to be."

"I don't know if its safe or not, I just heard a dragon screech which happened to be this green hatchling and went over to take a look."Alteria said.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Loam caught the pebble, and placed it on her pile.

She yelled to the other hatchlings, hoping to startle them into attention. "Yes, really. My front lawn isn't exactly a picnic spot for strangers." She took a shine to this scary Seragamma. He was kinda like her Pap.

"Sorry! I didn't know this was part of your house! I'll leave if you want me to!(insert other random frantic apologizing)" Alteria frantically apologized while getting ready to fly away.

The rowdy green hatchling shook her head and pursed her lips. "If you fly off, it'll be more dangerous. Those Bloody Moongoons are still around." She walked over to a rocky mound, and stamped on it. The ground trembled and the grass sank. The loose dirt and rocks settled in a pit, revealing a smooth tunnel. She turned to face the Blusang. "Fortunately for me, Moongoons can't dig."

"Oh, okay. So what should I do now, I don't have parents to go to."Alteria said"And it would be rude to live with someone else."

Edited by Silverphoenixx

"You should all stay put." Ebon said as he took a step forward. "None of you are safe here with the Bleeding Moons flying around, you all need to stay together and wait for an adult to take care of you." Ebon suddenly realized his mistake. "Correction, you should wait for an adult who actually likes hatchlings to show up." Ebon said as he corrected himself.

Loam snorted. "It was rude of those Bleeding Moons to kill lotsa people, but they did it anyways. Anyways, we have so many extra tunnels that we lose all our pets."

She looked sharply at the Seragamma. She turned to face him, proverbial hands on hips. "If you don't care for hatchlings, why would you care for our lives, hmm?"

Edited by Ayesthine

"Okay! So I can stay with you guys?"Alteria questioned."I'll try to be useful and as not annoying as possible! I'll even hunt if you want me to!"

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Sintara's ears perked up. They were a group? That was certainly interesting. She didn't like groups, she preferred to be independent, but they seemed to be worth following for a while. Of course, she wouldn't join them, or even interact with them. There was only one problem: if they flew, she wouldn't be able to follow.

Ebon snorted, "It's not like I plan to stay with this group, I only suggested it so you all wouldn't die." Ebon turned and began to pad into the woods, that was when he got another smell. His head shot up and a snarl formed on his lips. Ebon launched himself into the air and swiped at the nearby tree tops with his tail. "Come out out or I'll tear this forest to the ground!" Ebon snarled to whoever was hiding in the trees.

Loam wasn't entirely satisfied with that answer. Even if the strange wyvern didn't stay with them, he still cared enough to waste his time with advice.

Eventually, she decided she didn't care enough. There was no reason to get worked up over someone she just met.

She settled herself at the entrance of her tunnel, anxious for all these strange dragons to leave. She was tired and panic was starting to seep into her mind.

Mam and Pap are awfully late. I hope they come back soon. She curled up into a ball, whimpering quietly.

Well, he can do that while I leave, Thought Sintara. Jumping as quickly as she could while staying silent, Sintara rushed through dozens of trees. When she was out of breath, Sintara stopped and sat down. Listening for any sign of someone around her, she heard nothing, so she got into a more comfortable position and relaxed.

Ebon growled angrily to himself. Someone was in the trees and someone was watching them. Should he find out it was a Bleeding Moon... well, let's just say things wouldn't get pretty. Ebon launched himself higher into the air and flew over the trees. Luckily for Ebon, he had spent a majority of his life training to hunt. Ebon landed in a clearing and began to sniff the air, his body colors disguised him from view. Slowly and surprisingly quietly, Ebon began to follow the scent that lingered in the trees

After a nice snack of insects, Sintara decided it was time to get going again. Dropping down a few beaches for extra cover, she ran across the trees towards the desert. Sintara hated the desert. There was practically nowhere to get high up. But if she was being tracked, then she would have to... Unless she could go back and dig a tunnel? But Sintara hated being underground... Well, it wouldn't be too long, and it was better than the desert. Jumping to the ground, Sintara began digging. As dirt got stuck in her claws, she stopped digging. She would much rather meet someone than dig a tunnel. Turning around, Sintara ran back to the river.

There! Someone was running back towards the river. Ebon snapped his wings open and jumped into the sky. He scanned the forest and noticed the smell from earlier was stronger now. He flew down low to see a small object, Ebon couldn't really tell what it was, running through the forest. Ebon slapped his wings closed and plummeted down in front of the creature. If it turned out to be a Bleeding Moon, its neck would be snapped in an instant.

Sintara looked up at the adult dragon. "You're big, aren't you?" Sintra was sure that the older dragon would be mad, but she really didn't care. She already knew she wasn't a social person.

"Oh, its just another lizard." Ebon said as he loomed over the hatchling. "Hmph, had I known better, I would of just left you where you were." Ebon turned from the hatchling and began to pad towards the desert. He still needed to find out what happened with the attack. All of these hatchlings weren't helping.

"What, you mean an almighty-warrior like you can't distinguish the smell between a Bleeding Moon and a Misfit Pygmy? Some warrior you are. And since it's clear that you are a hunter and are trained in tracking, and you just had the scent of Bleeding Moons a few minutes ago, that says a lot about you as a warrior."

Without even bothering to say "bye" Sintara climbed up a tree and jumped away, back towards where the Bleeding Moons had first attacked at the festival to see if they were still attacking, and what the condition of the place where the festival was held was.

Edited by KoalaNoob

If that lizard knew anything about tracking, then she would know that you cannot tell the difference between dragons here due to the fact that there are many dragon scents everywhere, causing the brain to be unable to detect smells from one another. Gah! Why do I care what a hatchling thinks? She'll probably die once the Bleeding Moons find her. Its not like I care what happens to the pathetic runt. Aggravated, Ebon began to bound towards the desert. At the moment, he would really enjoy slitting someone's throat.

The attack seemed to have stopped, but it looked a warzone. Deciding nit to risk exploring it, Sintara tree-hopped in the direction of a nearby lake. It was one of her favourite places, even though she didn't like water. There were caves there, and plenty of I sects and fruit. Shelter and food. But the real reason she liked the lake was because on one side of the lake, there was a hidden village. She had made it herself. Originally, there had been caves and fruit there, and the occasional insect, but she had made the place much nicer. And it was almost completely hidden by trees and other greenery. She didn't know anyone else who knew about the hidden village. To her, it was paradise.