dullfangs

j's art thread

basics

i'm still getting back into the swing of things here, and what better way than jumping right into the art community?

my name is j, jesse, jay, king, sailor, i'll basically respond to any name you throw at me. i use Paint Tool Sai, Photoshop, and TEGAKI - you'll need to specify which you want me to use when requesting. no couples for now, just one character at a time.

constructive criticism/critiques are welcome (and encouraged)

- - - - - - - - - -

guidelines

for now, i'll take 3 requests/trades - trades hold priority

please try to stick around the general area of anthros and humans, i do need to expand my artistic horizons with body types and species but that's going to be a long, hard road.

1. TheCompleteAnimorph
  2. Happy_Mask_Saleswoman
  3. open
- - - - - - - - - -

examples

for tegaki art, click the link in my signature. more examples can be found here and here.

- - - - - - - - - -

application

[SIZE=1]name: 
character name:
ref/bio: 
pose(optional):
extras:
program:
request or trade?[/SIZE]

- - - - - - - - - -

finished

Syfreiluo Vividre

- - - - - - - - - -

that's it for now i believe. post away!

Edited by dullfangs

Yo I have a request for you if you're up for that, it's a friend's character, present for them.

name: I'm thecompleteanimorph, you can call me TCA

character name: Syfreiluo Vividre

ref/bio: Image reference. Sy has vivid orange hair (which is about chest-length) and eyes, and two long metallic blade-wings. She is usually energetic and vibrant, and generally friendly. Also, you can put pretty much whatever outfit you want on her as long as it shows about as much skin as the one in the reference image and is blue-themed. Ribbons are good too.

extras: Have fun with Sy, she's a silly character and so feel free to have her doing something silly.

program: I honestly do not care, flip a coin for tegaki or sai. Tails is tegaki.

request or trade?

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Lovely Art! My request is an OC character from a book I am writing, but I don't have any drawings of her sadly...

name: Happy_Mask_Saleswoman

character name: Crystal Hope

ref/bio: Crystal is a girl with true red hair and bright blue eyes, she also has wings made of crystals. She is cursed to be an immortal 12 year old. Her outfit is usually kindof a gothic style of dress. She is usually cheerful.

Pose(optional): I will leave this up to you

extras:

program: Sai

request or trade? Request.....

i might need a little help with the crystal wings orz

true red as in actually red, or natural red?

edit: oh gosh and thank you!! ;w;

Edited by dullfangs

i might need a little help with the crystal wings orz

true red as in actually red, or natural red?

edit: oh gosh and thank you!! ;w;

True red is actually red, and umm.... I can't seem to describe them but they look sorta like this dragon's wings BTW I didn't draw this if it is too hard to do, you can skip it if you want

Edited by Happy_Mask_Saleswoman

nah, she sounds like a bunch of fun to draw! it's just the wings that had me a liiiittle nervous (so i'm terribly sorry if they don't come out as expected)

My friend enjoys the present and says that doing something silly like that with the cloth over her blade-wings is completely in character for Sy.