nlechoppa

Potatoes

Speaking of hashbrowns, you know how hashbrowns at a store or restaurant are kinda in these little strips? That's done with a cheese grater. Use the big side of a cheese grater to get those. I recommend cutting the spud in half and starting at one end. I cook mine with butter and seasoning salt.

Potatoes are gross.

Fight me.

What about french fries or tater tots? They're pretty tasty

Potatoes are amazing. I have some small, round potatoes that are purple in color. I want to cook them, but I'm not quite sure how I'd like to. Maybe I'll surf the net later on to search for some recipes.

What about french fries or tater tots? They're pretty tasty

No. Gross. Potatoes have this nasty... mealy texture. I can't stand it.

I will eat mashed potatoes. That's it.

Mmmm...mashed potatoes with sour cream and butter and bacon bits, all mixed together.

I will also eat potatoes if they're in batters. For example, okonomiyaki has potato in the batter, and I eat it.

Just as long as the potatoes are ground up and the texture is lost, I can eat them.

I will also eat potatoes if they're in batters. For example, okonomiyaki has potato in the batter, and I eat it.

Mmm sounds good smile.gif

I like all sorts of potato dishes. Jacket potato with chilli con carne is just one that springs to mind. Smothered in butter, of course. Jacket potato also goes well with baked beans, cheese, coleslaw and sweetcorn (all misxed up) biggrin.gif

I had leftover roast veggies for lunch. Potatoes, butternut squash, bell peppers, and onions all cut up, tossed in olive oil and freshly chopped herbs, then roasted. Delicious! I may or may not have ate all the other things and left the potatoes (best part!) for last. cool.gif

My boyfriend's mom made some sliced potatoes pan-fried with onions, garlic salt, and black pepper last night, they were really good.

The best pizza I ever had was in Rome, sold by the (square) slice out of a big oven tray. It was topped with thinly sliced potato (like 2mm thick), mozarella and rosemary. I have never seen it anywhere else which is terrible because it was AMAZING.

The world would not be the same without the potatoes. I love a baked sweet potato with butter, hard to beat that. smile.gif

I never met a potato I didn't like.*

*So long as it was cooked enough. I'll even eat burned potato products, but undercooked spuds are gross in any form.

I have a problem with Yukon gold potatoes. Last night I ate my husband's and blamed it on the dog.

I don't think he believed me.

The best pizza I ever had was in Rome, sold by the (square) slice out of a big oven tray. It was topped with thinly sliced potato (like 2mm thick), mozarella and rosemary. I have never seen it anywhere else which is terrible because it was AMAZING.

There's a place near my work that makes a pizza like this. Also a barbece pizza with potato slices on it. Both are in my lunch rotation.

On 7/15/2013 at 3:42 PM, Red2111 said:

baby reds withteh skin still on, slow cooked all day along with a roast, carrots, celery and onions.

all seasoned to purfection

*drools a bit*

very, very tasty...  I love hashbrowns and baked potatoes.

Now I love potatoes and I love cheese (even cooked), but for wome reason I totally dislike the taste of Potatoes Au Grautin or Scalloped Potatoes.  If invited over for dinner and one of these items are on the menu, I will eat a portion merely to be polite, but will refuse seconds...  (Ugh shivers)

On 2/6/2017 at 10:55 AM, Sinion Kabe said:

Mmm sounds good smile.gif

I like all sorts of potato dishes. Jacket potato with chilli con carne is just one that springs to mind. Smothered in butter, of course. Jacket potato also goes well with baked beans, cheese, coleslaw and sweetcorn (all misxed up) biggrin.gif

Darn it...  It been awhile since I've had one of those.  Gotta go shopping tomorrrow.  Got the chili, cheese and butter, just need the potatoes...  mmmmmmmmmm!

Wow, there's a thread just about potatoes? XD I love that.

Well, I can't think of a way of eating potatoes that I don't like, other than raw lol. Must be my Irish ancestry? 🍀

My favorite way to eat them is cheesy mashed potatoes for sure! 

Edited by aqub

oh my love potatoes of any kind potatoes an gravy an  eggs ok now i am making myself hunger lol.XD