Moonbeam22

How to Train Your Dragon 2

WHAT WHAAAAT??? HIS MOTHER??!?!! I did not see that one coming. The animation is improved, which is saying a lot since the first one was great. But, it's pretty clear this time around they have a bigger budget. This looks amazing. I really hope it won't disappoint.

Posted the official trailer! smile.gif

Thoughts? Here goes:

1. Hiccup is a stud. I wantz

2. Toothless has become even more adorable. Is that even possible? I dunno

3. Oh. my. mother.

4. Epic/mature plotline of awesomeness

5. Why isn't it June yet?

When I looked at this topic I read June 2013 and I was like, IT CAME OUT ALREADY?! How come I've never heard about it??

I've only seen 3 really good sequels tongue.gif

Woah. Hiccup looks really awesome in the sequel! And we'll get to see more of the adorable toothless too!

I can't wait for this! I really enjoyed the first one. I hope the sequel will be just as good, if not, better than the first movie! biggrin.gif

...You have no idea how long I've waited for this. I absolutely LOVE HTTYD, and there's no doubt that HTTYD 2 will be good too. About 6 months left until the release! I can't wait! Also, I saw the trailer. It looks awesome so far.

I am so ready for this to be in theaters! When I heard they were making a sequel, and maybe even a trilogy if the numbers hold, I nearly flipped my lid. HTTYD is one of the best movies and I own the movie and the specials they did. And when I went to see Frozen I got even more excited when they showed the new, improved trailer. OMGHISMOTHERISSTILLALIVE! Can't wait to see it!

Just hunted down the trailer. I'm a little unsure, actually, although I loved the first one and I'm sure I'll love the second one. I'm just a little iffy on bringing back Hiccup's mother for various reasons - also she seems really small for the size of her breastplate in the first movie ;3 - and where was all the Astrid!? I hope she's got a much bigger part in the film than they gave her in the trailer. D: But it's hard to say anything about those worries before actually seeing the movie. I'll definitely go see it when it's out, though. =3

The only thing I really don't like about the HTTYD 2 trailer is that it seems like it doesn't even have a plot relating to the book, which is kinda of sad.

But it's great to finally see more of Hiccup and Toothless again.

Posted the official trailer! smile.gif

Thoughts? Here goes:

1. Hiccup is a stud. I wantz

2. Toothless has become even more adorable. Is that even possible? I dunno

3. Oh. my. mother.

4. Epic/mature plotline of awesomeness

5. Why isn't it June yet?

I saw a little snippet of a scene on the Today show Friday and the Hiccup/Toothless scene they showed was so cute. Toothless isn't a dragon. He's a widdle cuddlwy puddy tat. wub.gif

in regards to your #5? I agree. *^* The release date is June 13th.

@Sock Perhaps the reason she's so small is to explain were Hiccup got his 'runt-stature' from. Just a guess.

Edited by Syiren

I am a fan of dragons, so I would watch How to Train Your Dragon 2

Tazzay, the first movie and book were not too close. Go reread if you think I am wrong. Toothless fits in Hiccup's pocket. There is no Astrid and Snotlout and Hiccup are and remain relatives who despise each other. IMO Snotlout is a jerk until the second to the last book's end.

I find it is best to treat them as separate entities.

I definitely want to go see the movie. I can't wait. Love HTTYD movie, books, and show.

The one time I actually want to go to the movie theater mom and dad keep forgetting about it... sad.gif

I probably won't see it until it's almost out of theaters at this point. Or until it's in the dollar theater. I loved the first movie and really want to see the next one, seems interesting.

Thats out now? My mom wont take me to see it because she wasnt much of a fan of the first one and Im too young to drive myself and my sister doesnt have her license yet but she has her permit

This seems like an epic movie. I wanted to go to the movies tomorrow to watch it... unfortunately, my father's father's death anniversary just has to be tomorrow, and this movie's gonna be shown this weekend and may not be shown afterwards (I doubt they're gonna show it again as my mom says) and we're probably gonna stay until Sunday. So much for the plan that was ruined by my dad sad.gif

EDIT: Turns out we're probably not be going anywhere today; apparently, I'm going to watch the movie after all. smile.gif I can't wait to see what's it gonna be like!

Edited by Eggy0

Come on everyone, unless you live in a super small town this movie is going to be sticking around for a while. What's what all the defeatist "will probably never see it at this rate" from so many? It just came out TODAY. It probably has at least a month of theater time left.

AAAA, I can't wait to watch it!!!!

But I kinda ruined the end for me by reading a spoiler dry.gif But I'm still gonna love it. I mean COME ON, how can't I? With hiccup and toothless looking like that? Omg ~

I was supposed to see it yesterday but something came up and yeah

I can't wait tho its gonna be so awesome

My only disappointment with HTTYD2 was: "Where on earth is Thornado!?" XD I seriously doubt that the movie was following much of the TV series, and it's quite possible Thornado just might not be Stoick's dragon anymore, but in the series Stoick has a dragon named Thornado and he didn't have it in the movie. :c

But that's only a very very minor thing. I honestly cannot express how much I loved that movie. It's better than the first by a long shot. I was already overhyped about the movie, and it was faaar better than I was anticipating. It's an absolutely stunning movie. I can't wait for the third to come out! :D

I think my favorite things about the movie were:

-stunning environments

-the wing animations

-the AMAZING gestures. Seriously, there were so many extremely subtle facial and hand movements paired with smooth animation that made all of the characters, including the dragons, seem so full of life and fun to watch.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I have a song for you. Its called The Death of Me

Anyways I still haven't seen the movie. How is it really?