Floralpikmin99

Interacting with Wilderness Dragons

Do you think this is a Good idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't mind this, but I like collecting badges. I don't particularly care to have to go approach a buttload of wilderness dragons, though. For one, I already waste plenty of time on the site and there's nothing particularly interesting about this suggestion, IMO. I'd be more for this if there wasn't a badge to go chasing after. xP If people are looking for extra activities, I prefer suggestions like optional battling and racing and such that are a little more exciting but are still optional.

I like this idea, now that I've read the whole thing tongue.gif With the encyclopedia coming, a lot of those neutral dragons might be placed on a different list. Anyways, just curious, what if you were the dragon's previous owner? Obviously it wouldn't change the chances of befriending because that might be unfair, but maybe a change in the befriending text? Currently it's:

You approach -----, you remind him/her of their previous owner and they won't leave you alone.

Then, if you were the former owner:

You approach -----, it recognizes you as its former owner and they won't leave you alone.

It's just a change in text, and I'm not even sure if its possible because it might not keep the owner in its database, but it would make a bit more sense tongue.gif Anyways, I support this idea.

This seems like a cool idea!

Maybe for every BSA dragon you befriend, theres a 5% chance that you can use their BSA? (And when you use it. You can't use that dragon for their BSA ever again. UNTIL THE END OF TIME!)

Maybe for every BSA dragon you befriend, theres a 5% chance that you can use their BSA? (And when you use it. You can't use that dragon for their BSA ever again. UNTIL THE END OF TIME!)

I don't think any REAL game benefit should come from this.

I don't think any REAL game benefit should come from this.

I agree.

I don't really have an opinion either way on this otherwise. It isn't something that would interest me personally, but if others want it I see no harm.

It's always been shot down to actually use Wild dragons.

As for a points based system, I feel it just makes it harder to gain the trophy. Considering how it's just a side thing it should remain easy and simple.

While I like past dragons potentially remembering you, I agree it might be hard or perhaps impossible to implement.

Also I think the way it was meant to be implemented was that it was the same chance for everyone. Even if they were to get a dragon's code that was relatively easy to befriend, it's not to say that it would be the same outcome for them.

Now I do hope the upcoming encyclopedia does shrink the neutral list. Aaaaaand I also forgot to add the new avatars to any of the lists. Here are the categories they are in:

Friendly/Playful:

Gentle:

Agressive:

I just added the three new dragons onto the list. I would like to know if there are any dragons I've missed…

I vote yes because it gives us something else to do.

I don't care actually - I wouldn't bother and would be outraged if it came to affect play in general - but I would vote that we have PLENTY to do, actually.

In my opinion? This looks absolutely amazing. It would be nice to be able to interact with the wild dragons, but not in a manner that's necessary to/breaks the game (assuming that the BSA, special egg, etc, remain a firm no-no). However, if I may offer my own thoughts...

So, earlier on the thread, someone (I believe it was Darth Krande that brought this up) that more aggressive dragons would gradually become friendlier as time passed, or as you visited them more often - I'm partial to this idea myself! It would be an interesting time killer, though if trophies are indeed implemented, it would be a good idea to have a list of dragons that've been met in the Wild.

For example, as you get more experienced in dealing with Wild dragons, it would take less time/have an increased chance of befriending a dragon? Or, like it was brought up by KoalaNoob and Floralpikmin99 (otherwise known as the original poster, bless her soul), there could be interactions that become available as your trophy becomes bronze/silver/gold? If the trophy isn't implemented, then maybe the closer you are to being friends with a dragon could unlock more interactions. Like, say the dragon was Aggressive or Territorial - you would have no interactions available because it wants nothing to do with you. If it's Neutral/Disinterested, you could possibly offer it food, and when it Curiously Approaches, the options could increase to include something like 'Talk to' (leading to some random gossip, or actual news update on the state of DC, such as new species being introduced, upcoming or past events, etc) and 'Feed', with both increasing the friendliness level a little bit. When you actually manage to Befriend it, you also unlock the option of 'Playing' with the dragon. And, hey, maybe each interaction could have a different outcome?

The 'Talk to' action, which could totally have the previously mentioned news association, could show the dragon getting bored and wandering off or looking interested? And the feeding option could lead to a ) feeding the dragon something it likes and potentially raising the friendliness of the dragon, or b ) trying to give it something it doesn't and decreasing the friendliness. Playing could have a number of outcomes, like other dragons that have a friendly nature joining in, or even ending up with one party injured.

Oh! And following up on the previously mentioned befriended/currently befriending scroll, I'm of the opinion that it should be perma-hidden, just so that it can't be abused to find friendly dragons. On another note, maybe it could be used to display the current relationship with the dragon, and maybe how friendly that particular breed is in general? Say that, I don't know... Cheese Dragons, despite being listed under the Neutral category, are more skittish than Pillow Dragon (probably because everyone wants to eat their delicious hides), and so are harder to tame than the prior mentioned balls of fluff? - but only just! Not enough to render them Territorial or Aggressive, but just enough to make a leetle difference?

Speaking of levels of friendliness, maybe there could be other options for the more timid ones? For smaller dragons, or ones that don't fight, or even just hatchlings, they could have something like 'Scared', or 'Hiding', and they might have a text like this:

Hiding

You thought you saw -----, but you can't see it anymore.

Scared

You approach -----, but it cringes away. You decide to let it alone.

... Wow, that's a wall of text. Um, anyway, that's all of my thoughts...

ireallyhopethatthisisanokaythreadtorevivebecausethisideaisjustsofullofpotentialandi'mgonnagonow.

This all sounds really good. I don't know what's been said because I haven't read everything but maybe have a sub-scroll listing befriended dragons, a wilderness search limit of 10 per day, a 10 or more memory of dragons to try to find again if previously unsuccessful (maybe 50/50 chance if finding with variation for species and previous level of success), and possibly a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of a befriended dragon coming home with a message such as

This dragon followed you home! It seems to be settling in well

or something like that.

You know I was just about to start a thread about there needing to be something more to do on here and I go look around before I do and here it is. I was on this site a long time ago and got bored after I had collected a good number of dragons and at that point it became more of a struggle to get one of the 3 nature rare ones.

anyways, I love this idea. I also have an idea to add, it would be cool if your dragons could interact with the dragons as well. Or if the wild dragon attacks you then one of your dragons could try to protect you. I think that would make your dragons feel a lot closer and not just a picture.

I love it!

If it wasn't too hard maybe there could be some actions for us to do to try and befriend the dragon? I can't think of any that I think are good but for example, you could smile at the dragon, wave to it, dance, tell a silly joke, etc.

It might make it a bit more fun. smile.gif I'm not sure.

I think the encyclopedia did a good job of giving at least a basic reason to observe some wild dragons!

In my opinion? This looks absolutely amazing. It would be nice to be able to interact with the wild dragons, but not in a manner that's necessary to/breaks the game (assuming that the BSA, special egg, etc, remain a firm no-no). However, if I may offer my own thoughts...

So, earlier on the thread, someone (I believe it was Darth Krande that brought this up) that more aggressive dragons would gradually become friendlier as time passed, or as you visited them more often - I'm partial to this idea myself! It would be an interesting time killer, though if trophies are indeed implemented, it would be a good idea to have a list of dragons that've been met in the Wild.

For example, as you get more experienced in dealing with Wild dragons, it would take less time/have an increased chance of befriending a dragon? Or, like it was brought up by KoalaNoob and Floralpikmin99 (otherwise known as the original poster, bless her soul), there could be interactions that become available as your trophy becomes bronze/silver/gold? If the trophy isn't implemented, then maybe the closer you are to being friends with a dragon could unlock more interactions. Like, say the dragon was Aggressive or Territorial - you would have no interactions available because it wants nothing to do with you. If it's Neutral/Disinterested, you could possibly offer it food, and when it Curiously Approaches, the options could increase to include something like 'Talk to' (leading to some random gossip, or actual news update on the state of DC, such as new species being introduced, upcoming or past events, etc) and 'Feed', with both increasing the friendliness level a little bit. When you actually manage to Befriend it, you also unlock the option of 'Playing' with the dragon. And, hey, maybe each interaction could have a different outcome?

The 'Talk to' action, which could totally have the previously mentioned news association, could show the dragon getting bored and wandering off or looking interested? And the feeding option could lead to a ) feeding the dragon something it likes and potentially raising the friendliness of the dragon, or b ) trying to give it something it doesn't and decreasing the friendliness. Playing could have a number of outcomes, like other dragons that have a friendly nature joining in, or even ending up with one party injured.

Oh! And following up on the previously mentioned befriended/currently befriending scroll, I'm of the opinion that it should be perma-hidden, just so that it can't be abused to find friendly dragons. On another note, maybe it could be used to display the current relationship with the dragon, and maybe how friendly that particular breed is in general? Say that, I don't know... Cheese Dragons, despite being listed under the Neutral category, are more skittish than Pillow Dragon (probably because everyone wants to eat their delicious hides), and so are harder to tame than the prior mentioned balls of fluff? - but only just! Not enough to render them Territorial or Aggressive, but just enough to make a leetle difference?

Speaking of levels of friendliness, maybe there could be other options for the more timid ones? For smaller dragons, or ones that don't fight, or even just hatchlings, they could have something like 'Scared', or 'Hiding', and they might have a text like this:

Hiding

You thought you saw -----, but you can't see it anymore.

Scared

You approach -----, but it cringes away. You decide to let it alone.

... Wow, that's a wall of text. Um, anyway, that's all of my thoughts...

ireallyhopethatthisisanokaythreadtorevivebecausethisideaisjustsofullofpotentialandi'mgonnagonow.

^^^^^^ This, so this.

This along with a sub-scroll listing dragons you've befriended so you can return to them again would be amazing! Also a separate action list of what you did with certain dragons so you can cautiously try to befriend the territorial ones and allow them to get used to you over time, same with the skittish scared ones. biggrin.gif Also the sub-scroll would be for your eyes only with which dragons you've interacted and what the results were so far and how close you are to befriending them. :3 Though for someone else if they click on your trophy, they'd see which dragons you've befriended and maybe a general how friendly the breed is. :3 But they wouldn't see which dragons you're in the process of befriending or how many have rejected you or anything like that. :3 Also just because one person befriended this dragon doesn't mean YOU will. :3

OH maybe interacting with them can count towards the Encyclopedia thing? I mean if you get to know an adult well enough, you should be able to get something more out of it than just randomly passing by a random adult you don't know. :3 Same with a hatchling lol! And maybe those who've completed their encyclopedia entries on the breed have an easier chance of befriending a dragon than those who haven't? I mean it makes sense! :3 If you've already observed them loads of times, then you KNOW what foods they like and don't like and can more easily avoid the slip-ups with giving it foods it doesn't like, and with interacting with it in a way that it'd be okay with! biggrin.gif

And I am totes down for the sharing gossip thing especially if relating to current events in the cave. xd.png Can you imagine a version of the Snow Warning winter event where you could interact with the wild dragons and they'd be talking about needing to find mana, or rescuing frozen dragons so-and-so from the blizzard, or complaining about how cold it is and why this is happening, or for those who like the cold, enjoying it and saying haven't you ever seen such a wonderful vista like this and let's play? xd.png I think that would be ADORABLE! :3 <3

Deff support! biggrin.gif Especially if you can't use their BSA, or get an egg from them in any way. :3 And if they can't go onto your scroll lol, and just be your friends in the wild. xd.png

sounds cute, id play with this sometimes it would be cool if it lists the dragons you befriended on a tiny friends lsit

I don't care actually - I wouldn't bother and would be outraged if it came to affect play in general - but I would vote that we have PLENTY to do, actually.

This idea is pretty old lol. Gonna quote this because yeah we have plenty to do here really and well I'm not really for or against this but don't feel it as something necessary or useful really.

OH maybe interacting with them can count towards the Encyclopedia thing? I mean if you get to know an adult well enough, you should be able to get something more out of it than just randomly passing by a random adult you don't know. :3 Same with a hatchling lol! And maybe those who've completed their encyclopedia entries on the breed have an easier chance of befriending a dragon than those who haven't? I mean it makes sense! :3 If you've already observed them loads of times, then you KNOW what foods they like and don't like and can more easily avoid the slip-ups with giving it foods it doesn't like, and with interacting with it in a way that it'd be okay with! biggrin.gif

The idea may be old, but I haven't forgotten about it. ^^;

Maybe I should've replied more to show that...

If the people writing the encyclopedia would be willing to implement something like this, I think that'd be pretty neat. If TJ were to implement this, as well as tie it to upcoming events I think that'd be cool too. Maybe the dragons you befriend could play a role in the event? Like, if there are collectables, perhaps they could assist in the search, and grab one for you earlier than normal?

I'll slowly read over all the posts I haven't and take down notes for the concept. I'll slowly update the OP over the course of the weekend. (Including adding dragon information for new breeds/and or edits on old breeds)

I personally like this idea. Searching the Wilderness would suddenly become a lot more popular. A list of the Dragons successfully befriended when you click your trophy would be quite cool cool.gif

The idea may be old, but I haven't forgotten about it. ^^;

Maybe I should've replied more to show that...

If the people writing the encyclopedia would be willing to implement something like this, I think that'd be pretty neat. If TJ were to implement this, as well as tie it to upcoming events I think that'd be cool too. Maybe the dragons you befriend could play a role in the event? Like, if there are collectables, perhaps they could assist in the search, and grab one for you earlier than normal?

I'll slowly read over all the posts I haven't and take down notes for the concept. I'll slowly update the OP over the course of the weekend. (Including adding dragon information for new breeds/and or edits on old breeds)

I doubt that TJ would allow anything that could give certain people an advantage to snaring new eggs or collectable dragons.

But what I was thinking with the encyclopedia is that a lot of breeds already have information. Not everyone has their encyclopedia finished. As it is, you have to view a HECK of a LOT of adults and hatchlings to get each line of information. Just raising an adult from an egg is like a shortcut for that [for people who wanna do that, that is... not all the breeds I want to actually HAVE on my scroll personally >.> ] but what if befriending dragons there is like raising a dragon [or close to that at least] and allows you to get an equivalent to passing by 6 [or some other number] random adults on scrolls? IDK the equivalent of raised dragon to seen dragon ratio for the encyclopedia but I would think befriending a dragon would be like in the middle there somewhere. Since you've not actually seen them from infancy or anything like a raised dragon, but you are still friends with them unlike the random ones you pass by on the click sites or others' scrolls. :3

I would love the gossip function seriously though. xd.png Along with the pet, play, feed, sorta interactions. :3 If there was ever a thing like collecting bugs, rocks, gems, minerals, butterflies, leaves, plants, etc. inserted into the game, then your wild dragon friends could help you with that. xd.png THOSE are the collectables I can support them finding! xd.png

Also, good luck with updating the OP! smile.gif <3 You can do it! I almost have my encyclopedia completely finished [at least to how much information we have out about certain dragons that is] so I and others who have it completed can help you with that as well. biggrin.gif

Updated the OP, dragons still have yet to be updated though...

Changes to the concept:

-Time released will be removed. Chances rely solely on the breed.

-Hatchlings have the chance to hide from you now. (Idea from Recila)

-Percentages of befriending dragons have been changed. It's slightly harder to befriend dragons now. (By about 20%)

-Alternate befriended dragon scroll:

Some ideas towards these dragons (Ideas will need to be expanded):

~More dragons = Easier to find collectables. Yes, they appear every 5 minutes (I think) but this can help people who have limited time around the holidays, to collect all the sprites. It wouldn't be too much of a change, maybe two every 5 minutes on that direct dragon's page.

~There could be actions similar to regular dragons. Maybe you could give dragons nicknames, that would only be visible on that scroll.

~Observations could be written, similarly to regular dragon descriptions. (Although, considering how many descriptions still need to be approved, this might not be a good idea.)

~Befriending enough of the same dragon could unlock extra encyclopedia information, or unlock it much quicker than normal, like raising dragons.

No breeding or BSA's would be available.

I'll continue to flesh out the idea, figuring out how all the percentages will work. Dragons will slowly be added.