Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Lana's head shot up at of her hands and her eyes directly to the girl. Benjamin's attention was caught as well. "What did you just say?" Lana asked, sitting up. Benjamin looked at her, hoping she wasn't about to do or say anything stupid. She wasn't particularly skilled at being suave with interrogations.

Fina raised an eyebrow. "I said, a creepy old man gave me this necklace told me to 'Fine the children'." she repeated. "I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, the necklace is pretty and all, but its just some stranger giving me some odd piece of jewelry. Besides, I doubt it really matters. I might sell it. Mr. Classical over here doesn't give me any money even though he makes a butt load of cash from his concerts."

Vita looked at Lana starting to question why she was acting the way she was. Where was the girl he had met at first? Surely he did not reduce her to this? Suddenly the door opened and she was removed before he could do much. He frowned and laid back down again. He hardly knew still.... why would she ask him for reasons why they took her? She'd know more then he did. He sighed laying still for now thinking. "If your going to turn me into a hybrid or... hero then you could have just told me." he muttered

Rain didn't trust the strangers. She holstered her gun, keeping a hand on it. As they made their way in, Rain grew more weary. One of the strangers mentioned her gun.

"Yeah, thanks. It's a 9 mil."

As he pulled out a cello, her eyes took a curious light. She sat beside Ben, her hand falling to rest on his. She pulled away, putting her hands on her lap. "Sorry." She mumbled.

Rain liters her head. Another necklace? That means...

"By any chance, did it look like this?" Rain raised her necklace. Her gem still glowed.

Benjamin swallowed nervously as he felt Rain make contact with his hand. For whatever reason, he felt a strange sense of absence as she quickly drew away. He shook his head and looked at her necklace. The traces of blue in the storm grey necklace drew his attention the most, but the whole thing was gorgeous. "Whatever the colors mean, they're very pretty," Benjamin whispered into Rain's ear.

Lana glanced at Rain's pendant, then pulled her own out from under her shirt. "I have one as well," she added, sincerely wondering if this girl was one of them. "I don't mean to pry at all, but do you have...ridges?" The garnet was warm, but not glowing or any of its usual extravagant antics. She felt compelled to close her fist around it, but continued to dangle it as long as Rain would.

Fina pulled out the necklace from her shirt and showed it to the others. The fiery gems fit perfectly with the bronze horses dancing through the rather thick necklace. "Huh, it looks some creepy old man was giving out random necklaces." Fina said. "Ridges? What do you mean by ridges? Elaborate." Aidan closed the cello case and swung it back to his side. He stood up and lifted an eyebrow. "Go figure." he said as he looked at the necklaces.

"The scars on your shoulder blades," Lana pressed. "You must have them. It wouldn't make sense if you didn't." She let the pendant rest against her chest, then came closer to look at hers. She rolled it over in her hand, observing the intricate design. She looked up to meet her eyes. "What is your name?" This is ridiculous. She has to be one of us. It seems like everyone I run into tonight is a hero. Lana had never felt so included or important in her life. It gave her a sense of direction and purpose that never before she had possessed. And with Vita gone, that magnified those feelings even more.

Rain looked to Ben, a bit surprised. Then smiled and nodded. "Thank you." Rain relaxed, letting her necklace drop onto her chest. Rain then stood, pulling up her sweatshirt and shirt. "These." She said, displaying a set of ridges that looked quite similar to wings. She let her apperal fall back to fit her back, then sat down beside Ben again.

Fina's eyes narrowed. How did this girl know about her scars? Why did this necklace suddenly become so important? "My name's Fina, but I'm not sure what you're talking about." Fina said. "I'm not sure what's the big deal." Fina crossed her arms and let her necklace dangle from her neck. She wasn't sure she wanted to stick with these weirdos anymore. She saw Aidan frown earlier, she knew they where laughing at them. Why the hell should she care about these wackos? As soon as the rain stopped, Aidan and her were leaving.

Rain was watching Fina. "You're lying."

Rain had been observing Fina's habits and reading her body language. She'd seen a change in posture, as well as a change in mood. Rain always tended to observe people. It was a survival instinct of sorts.

"The big deal?" Lana repeated, taken aback. "The big deal is that we're supposed to find something to end all of the stupid crap that's going on underneath society's nose. Someone we know was stolen because of who we are. Now we're going to find him and save him from whatever censorkip.gif*** decided it was an amazing idea to kidnap him, and we're going to find an end to all of this. You put this responsibility on yourself by taking that necklace. Now you can either do it alone, or stick with us." She crossed her arms and leaned back on the couch.

Benjamin's eyes widened at Rain's display, and he struggled to keep his eyes away from her after she sat down. Although he wasn't a hero himself, he wholeheartedly agreed with what Lana said. As a Cromwell, he did feel the responsibility to right his ancestor's wrong. But sadly, he could see this girl denying who she was.

Now this this pissed Fina off. "First off, how the hell was I suppose to know that the necklace was important? Some random guy gave it to me and I'm suppose to know that its actually a huge responsibility? What the censorkip.gif man? Secondly, why should I help you? I don't care what's going on under society's nose, I don't care about some guy I never met was kidnapped, I don't care about any of this. I don't plan to help you, and I don't plan to fix anything. I'm just trying to live a normal life and get back on my feet. I'm struggling to live as I am now, and you expect me to drop everything I'm doing and help a bunch of random strangers? Does it look like I care?" Fina shot a glare at the girl with a gun. "I'm not lying." she declared. "I'm just surprised someone knew about the scar on my back. It's not everyday when someone knows something like where your big scars are." Fina glared back at Lana. "Look, let's get our facts straight. I don't like people. I don't like helping them, and I don't like interacting with them. See this guy over here? He is an expectation. I tolerate him at the most. If I can only tolerate my only friend, then what makes you think I'm going to help a bunch a strangers who, not so kindly, tell me I have to help them because some old guy gave me a piece of jewelry? If you want, we can leave right now. I would much rather walk twelve blocks home in that rain than continue this conversation if it continues like it is."

Rain looked to Fina. The hairs on her neck rose, usually meanings someone was watching her. Rain turned seeing Ben watching her. She smiled shyly and looked away. Her necklace grew warm and it began glowing brighter. Pulsating with her heartbeat.

Her face grew emotionless and her grey eyes grew icy. She rose to her feet, stepping towards Fina.

"You need to stop and think. You have dragon blood running through you're veins. And so do we. In which case, means we are family. Family sticks together. " Rain was in a better mood now, but a darkness seemed to creep into her eyes at the mention of family.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lana's lip twitched angrily. "Fine. I want you to imagine that your only friend was snatched up right out of your sight when you were having a jolly time with them. I want you to imagine that you are completely and totally oblivious to what is going to happen to them, but you still worry. Your imagination is going insane. They could be drawing his blood or beating him or roasting him over a goddamn fire!" She stopped herself to keep the tears from welling up in her eyes. "Now tell me, tell me that you don't care or that you don't want to fix this."

Fina looked straight at Rain. "Family means nothing to me." she hissed. "They never cared for me, and I never cared for them. Simply as that." Fina now turned to look at the other girl. "I have one friend and frankly would not care if he got abducted. No offense, Aidan." "Sadly, none taken." Aidan replied. Fina blinked at the girl in front of her. "I don't think you understand. I have no one, and I don't plan to have anyone in my life. If you think I'm going to care about a stranger's feelings, than your wrong. I'm not going to completely redirect my life because we both have dragon blood. I can see how someone else would be upset by their friends and or family being abducted. Why do you care? I have dragon blood, so what? That doesn't mean I'll work with you and that doesn't mean I'll care about what happens to you. We are just some strangers on the street who wanted to get out of the rain. That. Is. It. Nothing else."

((OOC: She's going to be hard to convince.))

Lana rolled her eyes, recomposing her usual air of anger. "If my child were so apathetic and self-centered, I wouldn't have a good relationship with them either," she stated. "But it's not like they would care of course. They're doing so great on their own, not being lazy, having a wonderful job with a salary in the triple digits, living on their own...oh I'm sorry. You have all of those things under your belt, right? I assumed so, since your high horse reaches past the ****ing clouds." The look in her eyes held so much disdain. She hated this girl. She hadn't had anything against her at first, but now she hated her more than she hated Cromwell. At least he was devoted to something, she thought bitterly to herself.

((GOOD I LOVE WHEN MY CHARACTERS HAVE AN EXCUSE TO GET SASSY))

Edited by Lila

"Well, excuse, ****ing me." Fina snarled. " I have nothing under my belt. Does it look like I have a good job? Does it look like I have money? What the hell is your problem? I just tell you to back off since you're going stir crazy about dragons. Yeah I have this necklace, so what? Do you want to keep it? Is that it? I will gladly give it to you. If you're just going to spew bull**** at me, then fine. Honestly, I'm tired of this. How about I leave and never come back? It works for both of us, right? I never have to see you again and you can deal with your problems without having to worry about me screwing things up."

((OOC: Whelp.))

Edited by Doctortear

"Well if all you plan on doing is being a stuck up little censorkip.gif, then get the hell out of my house!" Lana snapped, getting to her feet. Her eyes were wild with anger and her necklace was burning the skin off of her chest, but she didn't care. She wanted this rude little girl out of her house. She had done nothing but be obnoxious and rude about something that actually mattered. Who the hell says "forget the saving the world, I'm gonna go back to being a mediocre piece of crap?

"Oh, this was a house?" Fina laughed. "I'm sorry, I mistook it for a barn. It smells like censorkip.gif and an animal lives in it." She smirked, but didn't turn to leave just yet. Aidan looked back and forth between the girls. This was not going to end well.

Lana shook her head and chuckled as she approached."Oh honey, if anything in this house smells, it's your commitment to the gym." She grinned smugly at her, poking her in the breastbone. "Besides," she continued, rolling her eyes. "You're not much of a loss to us anyway. An egg is smarter than you."

Edited by Lila

"An egg will be smarter than you too." Fina said casually. "Once you're in the mental hospital." Fina clenched her fist and raised it to hit the girl. She was much stronger than she looked any many people had underestimated her for her size and looks. She swung her fist with force and felt it smack against skin. She heard a crack as he first came in contact with flesh. But that flesh wasn't from Lana. It was from Aidan. The cell player and come in between the two girls. He looked over at Fina with a round bruise on his cheek. "Will you two stop acting like children and actually think for once?" he asked calmly. His gaze shifted between the two girls. For a cell player, he was rather muscular and well resistant to pain. He straightened up and gave Lana a nod. "If we're too much of a problem, we'll just leave." he said formerly. Fina retracted her arm and looked at her fist. "Tsk, this is just like you, classic." she hissed. "Always stopping fights, always wanted to do the right thing." Aidan ignored Fina. "Sorry for disturbing you." Aidan gave a small bow and began to head for the door, Fina followed.

Lana shook her head. "You sir, have not disturbed me much at all," she told him. "Just her." She smiled curtly at him. "If you change she changes her mind, let me know. Don't forget your cello." She turned to Benjamin and Rain and made a mocking face, then sat down on couch. Benjamin joined her, still speechless from what just happened. A very confused and defeated expression had crossed Lana's face, as if she had never felt this way before. Benjamin never thought he'd live to see the day she made that expression.

Aidan gave a quick nod. "We're sorry for disturbing you." "Didn't see just say that it was I who was to blame?" Fina asked. "I'm responsible for you, and therefore if you act up, then it is my fault for not controlling you." Aidan retorted. "Of course you say that." Fina sighed. "Stop complaining already." Aidan said smoothly. "We have to walk down twelve blocks in the pouring rain and I don't need to hear it from you right now. Hopefully, my cello won't get damaged. I can't afford another one." Aidan stood in front of the door and began to turn the knob.

"You should stay," Benjamin said, reaching out a hand. He saw Lana's irritated gaze look up at him and his hand fell back, but she said nothing. "I mean, I'd leave Lana alone if I were you, but I don't want you to ruin that instrument. It's beautiful." He gazed at it a for a moment. "What maker is it by?" he asked. "I love the finish." He shook his head and laughed a little bit at himself for being so enthralled by a piece of wood.

Aidan blinked and smiled at the man's words. "It's no stradivarius, but it is a nice cello." Aidan agreed. He took a step away from the door and faced the man. "It was made by Christopher Dungey." he explained. "Which also means that the cost kinda got be kicked out of my apartment." Aidan gave a sly grin. "I had to live homeless for a few days because this instrument was so costly. It literally took every penny out of my pocket. But it was worth it." Aidan saw Fina roll her eyes and mumble something under her breath. Aidan was a dedicated cello player. He spent hours practicing and spent everyone moment he could playing. His zest created problems for Aidan, but all of those problems were gone. Now, he had a decent salary doing what he loved the most.