Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

"I have a feeling they don't have a website," Benjamin muttered, holding the back of his head.

"You don't say?" Lana remarked sarcastically.

Benjamin groaned. "Well, if we can find out at least what they are, then I can find out who. they are."

"Why do you say that?" Lana commented snidely.

"I'm rich, Lana," Benjamin sighed, rolling his eyes. "I have connections." Could she be any more immature?

Lana gave him a smirk and crossed her arms. Of course something so 007 happened on the first real date she had in a long time. She pursed her lips and furrowed her brow, deep in thought. "Well I'm sorry if this is moving way too fast for you guys, but if we stick together tonight to do some research, we might be able to find him faster."

"Im really beginning to get sick of you two's censorkip.gif . Seriously knock it the censorkip.gif off." Rain rubbed her temple."Sure, I'll stick around and help you find your boyfriend." Rain's hand went to where there was blood dripping. "God censorkip.gif son of a mother censorkip.gif bi***." She swore under her breath. "Im so going to make some people hurt. And it will be you two if you don't quite that bickering. Jeeze, you aren't some junior high girls." Rain's head throbbed with her heartbeat.

Lana scoffed. "He's not my boyfriend," she told her. "But whatever, I can deal with the scum the earth if it means potentially saving someone's life." Benjamin threw his hands up with a sigh. "I can't believe I thought you were hot," he muttered. Lana glared at him. What a pretentious prick. She said no more though, tired of flinging around meaningless insults. She really had no reason to hate him other than his name, but she just despised him. "Come on, follow me," she said. "My apartment's this way."

((Everyone's free to RP NPC's if they wish to do something with my char, talk, inspect the works, though anything that will cause changes or anything that may temporarily or permanently alter/harm him run by me first thanks.))

First it was blood tests. They came into the room and gave him 2 options. To relent to them and let them do what they said they needed to do, or they could do it the hard way and that was strapping him down tightly before taking his blood. He looked at them "Why are you holding me? Why did you take me?" he asked and one shrugged "We need subjects with little contact to the rest of the world. You where on the list and we tracked you." the doctor lied "Your here to help us develop a antidote to further research on cancer. Of course not everyone will want to help with that as curing normally means infecting as well. But I promise you that you won't be infected with cancer here." he said the whole thing made up. Vita sighed and held out his arm. They took the blood samples and left. He sat down on the small bed he was given thinking.

the room was sealed, bright light up top, toilet in the corner, nothing else besides these.... cloths. He wondered if anyone really would come after him... and if they did could they? He laid down looking at the ceiling as he blocked the light from his eye's with his hand. "Cancer huh?" he muttered "If that's the case, why am I being treated like a lab rat and nothing to do?" he asked wondering if they where monitoring him every second. He stood up looking for a crack, a sign of a cam, a mic. Anything.

When was Aidan coming back? Fina fumed as she laid on the bed. She had already reread a few of her favorite books to bypass the time. Honestly, if she had to reread the same books for the fifth time, she would pull her hair out. It was boring to sit inside and do nothing! But wait, who said she had to stay inside? A smile crept onto Fina's lips as she got up and snatched a key. She hopped outside the door and locked it. She then proceeded to head down the sidewalk. It wasn't exactly a nice day for a walk, in fact, it was practically nighttime. But Fina didn't care. She whistled a tune as she continued down her path. Suddenly, she bumped into an old man. "Hey! Watch where your going." she hissed at him. "Find the children." the man said. "What?" This old man looked crazy. He had a wild look in his eye and he didn't look like he had a shower in weeks. "Go away creepy old dude." Fina said with disgust. "Take this." the man said as he handed a necklace. "What? No! Go away!" Fina said as she pushed the man's hands away. "Take it." he insisted as she shoved the necklace into Fina's hands. As soon as Fina's hands clenched the necklace, the man ran away. "Creeper." she mumbled. Fina looked down at the object he gave her. It was an necklace, and a nice one at that. It was a bright bronze with horse figures etched into it. A large gem was at the base of the necklace, followed by smaller gems that looked exactly like the larger gem. It was a bright blue that seemed to shift colors like embers at a dying fire. "Looks like I scored me some free cash." Fina said as she placed the necklace around her neck. She hid it under her shirt and continued to whistle as she walked down the street.

Rain followed. Her gem glowed faintly as she walked with the small group. It began to rain and Rain began cursing and swearing up the ying yang as blood ran down into her eyes. "Son of a mother censorkip.gif piece of censorkip.gif ." She grumbled. That was only a minor swear compared to what she was thinking. Rain pulled her jacket over her gun so it would not get wet.

Lana glanced over at Rain, who didn't seem to be having much luck with her injuries. "Shouldn't the bleeding have stopped by now?" she asked, tearing a piece of her dress off from the bottom at the hem and tossing it to her. She herself had been lucky enough to not get any lacerations or bruises, but she was definitely sore from all of the trauma she'd suffered today. She couldn't help but let out a yawn. "My place is just around the block, so we'll be there in no time," she explained, trying to encourage the other two. Even if they didn't need encouragement, she sure as hell did.

Benjamin sighed and finally relaxed, knowing that Lana was no longer in a combative mood. He wondered why he had even tried to help in the first place. Neither of these people were his friends, nor did he even know if he liked them. While he hadn't gotten a chance to get to know Rain, he already knew Lana was a nutcase who hated him for his name rather than who he was, and frankly, he didn't care for her either. If she wanted to be a shallow censorkip.gif* about everything, then she could go ahead and do so. There was no reason for him to be upset.

White.... white... more white.... water.... white.... little silver and more white. What was he to be color blind in here or something? He looked at his skin and smiled a little seeing its tanned like color and laid back down. He had no spotted anywhere for a cam or mic or speaker for that matter. Or where the door was like it sealed in every time it closed. What was stopping the air in here from being all used up?

The door opened and the same pair of doctors came in holding one needle "We need to insert this into you, it will allow us to monitor your life signs and let us know if anything goes wrong. Again, we could do this the easy way or the hard way." he said. Vita looked at them and frowned "Could you at least bring something for me to do? Like a book or a computer or... something?" he asked and they shook his head "No can do. Arm please." he asked. When vita refused this time the second guy just came over and grabbed Vita's arm. when he resisted the man gave Vita a elbow into his gut doubling him over. The syringe was put in and emptied its contents into his blood stream before the men left.

Vita groaned the breath knocked out of him from the gut hit. He leaned back and held his gut and looked at the door "Cancer my ***." he said in a wheeze.

Edited by little lost dragon

Rain nodded. "It did, but the extra blood is running down my face." She grumbled, wiping her face the the piece of cloth. "Thanks." Rain noticed the rain slow to a stop. "Oh where was this five minutes ago?" She shouted up at the sky. "Unbelievable." Rain shook her head and continued following Lana.

"Finally," Lana sighed as they approached her apartment complex. She jogged up the stairs and pulled her keys out of her purse. As she unlocked the door, she turned to Rain and Benjamin. "I have a dog," she told them. "So try not to be licked to death." She swung the door open and pushed Harry back with her foot. She realized it was getting close to one in the morning, and wondered how much they'd be able to get done before crashing.

((What kind of dog?))

"DOGGY!!" Rain bent down and pet the dog. She laughed as his wet tounge rasped across her cheek. "What's his name?" Rain asked as she wrestled playfully with the dog. She pet his head and stood, brushing excess hair from her sweatshirt.

Lana's eyes widened at Rain's enthusiastic response. "His name is Harry," she said with a dry smile. "He's a golden retriever." Harry barked at her and licked her ankles. She knelt down and scratched behind his ears, letting him lick her chin. Lana was a little jealous of him. He was so innocent. His only responsibility was not pooping on the carpet. She shook her head, laughing a little. I'm being ridiculous. She got back to her feet, turning to Benjamin and Rain. "I'm going to go change my clothes," she said. "Make yourselves at home or whatever."

Benjamin shrugged, and made his way to her kitchen as soon as her bedroom door shut. His way of judging someone's wealth was based off of the alcohol in their cabinet. He opened the cupboard to find an unusually large assortment of alcoholic beverages. "Damn," he muttered, pulling out a bottle of Jack Daniels bourbon. "Man, this girl has a high tolerance for alcohol." He popped the bottle open and have it a whiff. It was strong. "I think I have a higher respect for Lana now," he told Rain.

Edited by Lila

((That's.... one of the weirdest things for a college kid to base wealth and respect on O.o))

Vita lay on the bed sleeping not sure how else to pass the time. Escape was simply out of the question right now. He was not strong or the fastest and not like he could steal a bike right now either. Heck he was more disabled as that stuff they put in his arm made him.... weak. Very weak. No more visits had happened for a bit but that more worried him. What where they doing?

The door swung open again. A big guy came through in a jumper suit, another with a clip board and a few other tools. "Vita, we need to see what your pain tolerance is, and stamina. John here will chase you around the room, if you pause or slow down he will punch you in the back. Don't worry he knows where to hit to not inflict permanent damage." he said in a very matter of fact tone. Vita could hardly get up and groaned "What the hell do you need to know that for?" he asked and the doctor just smiled "To find a cure we need to know how rough the cure is allowed to be. Thus we need to see about a number of tests through a number of subjects to get an average. Since cansar will not relent on its own we must force it. Which will not be a painless process. This will help us cater it to a larger amount of people with out causing too much pain." he said before nodding to the big guy "Begin." he said before the big guy went up to Vita rough grabbed him by the shoulders "Pick a speed, and keep it unless you want my fist in your back." he growled befoe almost dropping Vita onto his feet.

Details aside he did not last long at all. In another room note where being taken "The test subject can hardly move. Readings from the nano's in subjects blood stream show significant softening of muscle tissue. This will be subject 29, test 35. Once subjects body is softened up enough genetic altering agents will function better in the subjects body. Raising the chances of a successful change in subjects DNA matter." one relayed into a recorder "Servalence of news and rough taken here shows subjects disappearance, to have gone as planned.

Vita after a bit was put back on the bed beaten and bruised. "Medical team report to subject 29's stall for examination and healing."

After the team left he got up. With some bandages and lots of bruises he crawled to the door or at least where he saw the door. It sealed to perfectly it was hard to see at all where it was. When he got to it he placed an ear to it. "You idiot! The subject show promising results! I don't need you to bang it up so soon!" a faint angery voice sounded. THe sound of slap was heard "We don't want to make him an enemy! Who knows what he'll be able to do once we convert his DNA. I don't need a hero tearing up the place because someone took the tests too far!" the angry voice stated before walking towards the door. Vita scrambled back to his bed heart racing. convert his DNA? hero? Was that what this was all about?

"Bring in subject 28. He'll need some.... familiarity. I assume you found someone he was close to implant the DNA from?" he asked and the doctor nodded "Some hair fragments on his shirt and signs of DNA on his hands that where not his. Hair and fregments matching the same DNA. We've placed it in the chamber, I must warn you though she won't last too long. A few months at best." he said and the other one shook his head "Activate her and send her in. Confert him, and while your at it, tell her to get some information as well."

((He's wealthy. He knows fine wines etc.))

Subject 28 gave her masters a vixen smile as they instructed her which door to enter. Her ochre hair fell over her finely featured face, green eyes glowing brightly against bronzed skin. Her figure was slender and clothes stark white, like all of the other subjects here. Before she'd come here she was a mother, but now she had become a young girl of whom she'd never heard of. Through all of the injections and incisions and tests, this was what had she had amounted to. She did not remember her past self.

"You know what to do," one of the men said, opening the door and giving her a push. Subject 28 stumbled into the room, tripping over Vita. The door slammed behind her. "What are you doing on the ground?" she asked, getting back to her feet. "There is a bed right there." She tilted her head at him, and crossed her arms.

------------------------------------------------

Lana walked out of her room, now garbed in a camisole and pajamas. "If you need to change, Rain, you can borrow some sweats or something," she said to the girl with a shrug. She noticed out of the corner of her eye that Benjamin was holding her bottle of bourbon. "What are you doing?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him. He shrugged. "Just evaluating your wealth and status."

Lana walked over to him briskly and snatched the bottle from his hands. "I hardly ever drink this," she told him. "I save it for special occasions."

"Was tonight a special occasion?" Benjamin asked with and obnoxious wink.

"Oh my god," Lana muttered, putting the alcohol away. "No. It was impromptu. Believe it or not, I don't get intoxicated and sleep with every person I meet. You might have assumed that, however, from my collection of liquors and wines."

Benjamin shook his head. "How do you afford all of this nice stuff?" he asked. "You live in a middle-class apartment that smells like tobacco and incense and your furniture looks secondhand."

"That was really rude."

"I'm just saying."

"I work hard," Lana sneered. "Just because you don't have to doesn't mean everyone else doesn't."

"I didn't say that," Benjamin defended.

"You're not better than anyone here, rich boy," Lana told him. There wasn't a trace of hate in the sentence though; she really thought that. She poked him on the nose and walked into the living room, Benjamin trailing her with a bemused look on his face. "So, what's the plan, gang?" Lana asked openly.

Edited by Lila

Vita looked at what seemed to be Lana in utter confusion "Lana?" he asked slowly getting up. "I.... I was trying to get an idea of.... why there..... what there doing to me." he admitted stumbling to the bed. "Can't.... hear much on the bed.... and they injected me with something that is.... making me weaker." he said the simple trip from the door to the bed making him breathless "How..... what are you doing here?" he asked looking supized "Do you know whats.... going on? I heard stuff about.... DNA and hero and subjects...." he said looking at her. He did not feel the attraction with her that had felt with the real Lana, but he had no means to know yet this was not the real Lana

Rain stroked Harry. "He's so cute!!" She squealed, losing her tough facade. Rain was very, very, very, rarely, ever, like this. Otherwise, she was quite serious. As Lana offered her clothes, she shook her head. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm used to sleeping in my clothes. I also have more comfortable clothes in my bag." She smiled and returned her attention to Harry. "Whose a good dog?" She rubbed his belly. "I wish I had a dog." She smiled sadly. Her gem glowed ever so slightly. Rain yanwed, stretching her arms. Her elbows popped, relieving some of the pressure in the joint. "Well, to work then? Or sleep..." She looked out the water-covered window. Then, she looked to Ben, wrinkling her nose at the smell of alcohol. "Gross." She mumbled. Rain had never cared for alcohol. Not after what she'd seen it do to her dad.

Dad...

Rain felt a flood of memories overwhelm her. She shut her eyes, burying her head in her arms. Harry wimpered and nosed her crossed arms. Rain's gem was bright, creating its own source of light.

No, no, no, no.....

Memories of her mother neglecting her rushed back; bullies shoving her down. Her hands clenched into fists. Harry whined now. Rain's gem had an almost blinding purple light.

Wisps of memories flashed before her eyes.

Ame...

Her fathers voice echoed through her head. There was a flash of lightning, and a roar of thunder. The lights had flickered, but not gone out.

Rain's head popped up. Her gem's light dissipated rather quickly, fading to darkness. The memories faded too, her own laughter echoing in her ears.

Rain's eyes met with Harry's own soft brown eyes. She didn't realize it, but she was panting.

"What?"

"You alright?" Lana asked, eyes widening. She was startled, but not particularly surprised. Quite a few strange things had happened today. Benjamin walked over, a bit more shaken than Lana. "What the hell just happened?" he asked, clutching a bottle of pink wine to his chest. Lana groaned and grabbed the bottle. "Stop looking through my alcohol cabinet," she muttered. "Do you guys wanna start doing research? If we get something done, we'll at least have somewhere to start tomorrow."

Rain nodded slowly. She stroked Harry absentmindedly. "Lets start the research. I'll be back in a moment though." Rain stood and stumbled to the door, opening it and stepping outside into the cold. The cold seemed to snap Rain back into reality. "What the hell did happen?" She asked herself.

Must have been the smell of liquor...

Rain sighed, then groaned, folding her arms on the rail and burying her head again. "What's wrong with me?" She raised her head, blinking away the bluriness. A van rolled down the street. Rain had never trusted vans. Is it the one from earlier? Nah...

She shook her head and straightened her back, shoving her hands into her pockets. Why was she here? Who was she really? All the questions plagued her mind, making her stress beyond belief. How she wished she could run, be free. Rain envied Harry. He enjoyed life as it came, never worring about what lay ahead.

"Oh the life of a dog." Rain smiled, turning her face up to the rain.

((Is it the van from earlier? Or a random flower deliver van? :3 xd.png))

Benjamin and Lana looked at each other. "My laptop's in my room," Lana said, awkward tension in the room obviously high. She wrung her hands and looked around. Benjamin shrugged. "I'm gonna go check on Rain," he said, hurrying to the door. Lana sighed and went to grab her laptop.

"Hey, Rain," Benjamin said quietly, knocking on the doorframe. "Mind if I join you?"

Rain turned. "Oh, uh, sure." She sidestepped, making more room for him on the small balcony. The rain had began to slow. "So, Benjamin..." Rain felt akward. It had been awhile since she had a real conversation with anybody. Traveling took up one's time; and Rain was never really a talker. "Nice weather, isn't it?" She turned her face to the sky again, breathing in the scent of the rain. Rain actually enjoyed rain when she could actually escape it. The van still seemed to lurk. Rain pushed it to the back of her mind.

Benjamin took a place on the railing and gazed out at the rain-soaked street. "Yeah, it doesn't rain too terribly often here," he replied. "You arrived on a rare day in Dragones. It's usually about 102 degrees and drier than Lana's bank account." He laughed at his own joke, even though he really didn't know how well off Zlana was. He glanced down at the white van on the street, and immediately felt uneasy. He didn't often visit the suburb, but typically white vans were not good fortune.

((Vita's kind of in limbo atm

Will be gone for the most of the day today, will be back in the evening.))

Rain smiled slightly. "Sounds like where I came from. Vegas." Rain shook her head. "The da** west coast always took our rain. Stupid rainshadow." Rain laughed slightly, her eyes drifting back towards the van. "You, see it to? Chester's van?" She eyed it warily. It was to dark to see inside. Or perhaps the windows were tinted exceedingly dark. Either way, she didn't like it. No one had gotten out of it. And there was someone still in it.

((Chester the Molester in case you didn't get the "Chester" reference.))

Benjamin laughed hesitantly. "Yeah, I don't feel like it's a very safe idea to be out here right now," he said. "I mean, it could be anything, but you know." He stared at the van, a bit uneasy. He recognised the white vans as company vans of some sort, but he wasn't sure which company. "I'm gonna go check on Lana," he told Rain. "Don't take too long out here. That van doesn't look safe." He proceeded inside and sat next to Lana on her 20$ couch. "Found anything?" he asked.

"Yea, there are a couple of articles about people being kidnapped in white vans," Lana replied, not looking up from the screen. "They're all articles from Dragones or the area around it." She scratched her hair and bit her lip.

"White vans tend to be company vans," Benjamin told her. "I can call my dad and ask him what major companies are around here."

"Do you really think that someone with publicity would carry out kidnappings?" Lana asked with a smirk, looking up now.

Benjamin shrugged. "There's a lot that corporations do that the public wouldn't even think of." Lana sighed and waved him to call his dad. Benjamin pulled out his cell and rung him, but got the answering machine.

"It's late," he said. "He's not up."

Lana groaned. "We'll call him in the morning, then. Are you hungry?"

"A bit. What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking about ordering a pizza," Lana replied. Benjamin smirked. "I'm sorry for for offering you poor people food, Benjamin ."

"No no no," Benjamin said with a shake of his head. "That's fine with me." Lana laughed and grabbed her phone.

((I'd be fine if someone tried to kidnap Rain. Whatever keeps it interesting. smile.gif ))

Rain eyed the van warily. She wanted to check it out, though her survival instincts screamed at her to not to. Maybe I can find something out for them...

She pulled her gun out, then walked forward, pointing the gun down. Now at the bottom of the stairs, she waited, watching for movement.

She figured with all her fighting experience, she'd be able to take on who might be in the van. The fact that Vita had been sedated did slip her mind. Rain didn't advance, but merely observed.