Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Rain heard a skirmish. She was still a ways from the town. She pulled out her gun and side stepped silently towards the sound of the fight. Her gun was aimed at the ground, but that could easily change. Rain caught part of sentence. "...Benjamin."

((They're on a beach. I'm assuming you caught that, but you know))

The guy pushed Benjamin off of him, throwing him into wet sand. He got up with a grumble and made his way back to the party, which was not being very gracious to the fact that he had just fallen into the water. Benjamin sighed and pushed himself off of the ground, brushing off as much of the sand as he could. He looked down the shoreline to see a shadowy figure approaching, and a million warning bells went off in his head. "Uh, guys, I think we should get out of here!" he called to the party, but no one paid any mind to him.

Lana smiled, turning her head to face Vita's. "I'm glad we can at least agree on the stars," she told him with a small chuckle. She laced her fingers together and laid them over her stomach, inhaling deeply. Maybe this was going to be hard and confusing and way more complicated than her life usually was. Maybe she was going to get hurt or lose her ignorance in the process, but it was okay. At least there was one person there saying that they'd stand by her. It was more than Lana had ever had, and though it was a foreign feeling, she deeply appreciated it. "We should head home soon, shouldn't we?" she said suddenly, realizing how late it was getting to be.

Vita chuckled a little "Better something over nothing." he said. Her acceptance of him seemed to.... have him at ease now. It was easy to see he was nowhere near as nerves and uptight around her now as he was at first. He made his first friend here and a hero at that.... was a song and dance to get to this stage but it seemed to be paying off. He looked at her when she mentioned heading him. He nodded "Sounds like a plan." he said getting up and offering her a hand "You still got work tomorrow too." he commented "But I'm glad we where able to do this.... was not looking forward to it at first to be honest.... then again you just wanted to mess with me." he said though was smiling "But I've had the best night since I moved to this place." he said

Lana took his hand and pulled herself up. "The best?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Don't flatter me." She grinned playfully at him, picking up her sandals and hanging her bag over her shoulders. "And don't worry about my work," she told him. "I've been out much, much later than this, and still done a double shift." She took his hand and began to walk slowly down the shoreline, closer to her home. She preferred to stay off of this streets at this point -- something dramatic always seemed to happen.

Walking out of the building, Aidan got a better grip on the cello bag on his shoulder and headed down the street. It had been a good performance today. Someone messed up on measure ninety-six, but besides that, everything went swell. Whistling a tune, Aidan continued down the street. The air was crisp and a slight breeze blew through the air, carrying dead leaves and dandelion seeds. It was a nice day for a walk. The cello wasn't really the lightest of things to carry, but Aidan had gotten use to the weight. Hmm... the weather is so calm today. Maybe I should take the long way home. I do need to get the exercise after all. Aidan proceeded to make a turn and began down the path that was considered to be the long way home.

Vita chuckled again as she told him to not flatter her. He picked up his shoes and soaks coming after her taking her hand as she took his and lead him in the direction of her place. He never was out this late. Most of the time he was asleep by now. Though tonight he had been requested to stay with Lana and he wondered how that would turn out. WPi;d it be a sleep over like deal? Would he be keeping watch? Would they be sleeping in the same bed? The last one made him blush at the thought of it "HOw do you think tonight went?" he asked

"It was nice," Lana replied, looking down at her feet as they kicked up sand. "Definitely a change from my routine partying." She chuckled a little bit at herself, and how immature she felt whenever she recalled how much she drank and how late she stayed out and all of the stupid decisions she made. None were life-altering, but they just meant nothing to her. Her eyes lit up at the campfire surrounded by people up ahead, but she shook her head and paid no more mind to it. A bunch of dumb college kids, was all. She looked up back up at Vita. "I hope you enjoyed yourself on the date I paid for," she moaned sarcastically.

((Likely my last post for the night. Not feeling too hot and I have work in the morning. Goodnight my preciouses))

Edited by Lila

Vita chucked "I'll pay you back next time I'm at my place." he said as they went not paying attention to the camp fire a ways off. With people none of which he recognized. Plus he was ready to fall asleep too. He looked at Lana's hand in his and gave her hand a light squeeze with his hand. He gave a large yawn as they went.

((Brain fart))

Lana jumped a bit when Vita squeezed her hand. Embarrassed, she smiled and gave a nervous laugh. She had never been this intimate with someone before. Yeah, there'd been hookups in the back of the club or in a hotel room or two, but they'd never been cute before. Now she found herself holding hands with and hugging someone she had just met [ithat same day.[/i] She shuddered at the thought, letting go of Vita's hand and crossing her arms.

He startled a little to when she jumped a bit. He smiled though again when she gave her laugh though wondered if he took it too far with the hand squeeze as she let go and crossed her arms. "So..... whats the plan with sleeping?" he asked quietly not knowing what she had in mind for him sleeping over. He knew she did not want to 'sleep' with him she already said that. And he would deem that far too fast as well. But sometimes he ended up on a chair or on the floor at sleep overs.

Rain narrowed her eyes. She shook her head and holstered her gun. Why bother?

As she turned, Rain nearly shrieked. A man, stood directly in front of her. Her hand went to her gun, but the man grabbed her hands. He seemed as though he was homeless. Judging by his clothes, he was.

"Do not worry child. I shall not hurt you." Rain twisted her arms out of the man's grasp.

"Isn't that what all creepers say before they steal little girls?"

She whipped out her gun, pointing it at the man. The man raised his hands. "You've heard the voices, haven't you?"

Rain blinked. Her aim wavered.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"The messenger." His hands went slowly to the bag slung over his shoulder. Rain didn't stop him, but backed away. He pulled out a shimmering gem. It was in a necklace that had a silver chain. The gem was a storm grey, along with bits of blue.

"Wha...What's this?"

Rain lowered her gun, and holstered it. "You have dragon blood in you, do you not?" He titled his head.

"You mean... My back...."

The man nodded. "You're dragon blood, seems to be more awoken than others I have met." Rain shook her head in disbelief.

"Others? You mean I'm not alone?"

"Yes child, what do you think brought you here? 'twas the voices, isn't it?"

"I... What am I?"

"You're a hero, destined to save the your ancestors. Take this."

Rain took the stunning necklace.

"Find the children."

When Rain looked up, the man was gone.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lana shrugged. "I don't know, I only have one bed..." her voice trailed off into silence as she looked down the beach. They had passed the party, and in the distance stood a shadowy figure and what appeared to be the same homeless man from earlier. Her eyes widened as he disappeared into thin air, and the necklace rose rapidly in temperature. Without a word she sprinted over the figure, desperate to know what just happened. She reached her quickly, but stopped several feet away when she noticed she had a gun. With heavy breaths, she held up her hands. "Don't worry," she said, panting. "I'm not after you. I just...who was that man?" A college kid trotted up to the scene. "Benjamin Cromwell, biology major at Dragones University. Are you alright?" Lana narrowed her eyes at him. Cromwell?

Edited by Lila

Rain turned, slipping the necklace into her pocket. It had grown very hot, and now was ice cold. What is it doing?

"Depends on whose asking."

Her hand rested on the hoilser of her gun. Despite what the girl had said. Roxy's glare snapped to the kid who approached. Benjamin... Must have been the guy from earlier...

"I'm fine."

Rain's icy glare altered between the girl and Benjamin. Though the light was dim, it could be seen that Rain's expression was hard and emotionless. The sky overhead was still dark and heavy. And seemed to almost grow darker.

Lana pulled the warm, glowing necklace out from under her wet dress and held it up for her to see. "What did you just put in your pocket?" she asked, furrowing her brow. "I need to know if I'm the only one." She glanced down at her pendant. It would have burned her fingers if she had touched it, and was beating violently on its own.

Rain's eyes widened. She pulled out her own glowing necklace. Rain held the gem. It glowed brightly, and it's temperature was quite warm. Though the temperature seem to fluxiate from hot to cold.

"You're not."

Rain held the up the gem by the chain.

Vita ran after Lana though did not say hi yet as he wanted to see how this would go. Seemed he was doing a good job of not being noticed as well but then again unless he responded to people even if they where not talking it did not matter he seemed to have an ability to vanish in plain sight. He noticed how the new girl completely missed him as well as the other kid from before as well. Benjamin.... well now he had a name for the kids face now.

He came up along side Lana "Not every day you see someone poof into thin air.... never mind seeing it happen twice." he admitted.

Lana gasped, but quickly shut her mouth, not wanting to appear too overwhelmed by it. But a small part of her felt so much better about everything. I'm not alone, she thought to herself. "Who are you?" she asked, tipping her chin up as she said it. "I've never seen you here before." She glanced back at Vita with a dry smile, knowing he likely wished that he had a pendant as well. She wished it for him too, but the most she could do was keep him included as much as she could.

Benjamin was taken aback by the conversation at hand. His great grandfather...wasn't he a biologist as well? Benjamin knew very little about him, but did know that he went into hiding to do some strange project, and had a particular interest in dragons. He smirked, rubbing his chin. "Say, do either of you guys know who Oliver Cromwell is?"

Lana shot him a look of pure disgust. "You aren't." He couldn't be. There was no way. "You can't be one of his descendants."

Benjamin shrugged. "I am."

As soon as Benjamin mentioned he was one of Olivers family he found it really hard not to give a look of disgust "Well that explains a few." he muttered. Due to the little behaver of the kid early today, and now knowing that.

Off the topic of the college kid and onto the stuff that mattered he wondered just who that homeless man was. Or what he was for that matter the guy was litterly teleporting in plain sight. "Second necklace, second person." he said making a point to avoid saying the word hero in front of Benjamin. He really hoped the kid would not tag along in the group. He folded his arms and looked around.

"My name is Rain." She looked to Benjamin, then to the new guy. "I'm new around here. I came from... Well, I can't really remember." Rain shook her head, then slipped the necklace on. "What is this talk of descendants?" Rain tilted her head. Her hand had dropped from her holster to her side. "Should I know something?" Edited by RavenWolf1010

"If you know anything about the ridges on your back, the name Olive Cromwell should ring a bell," Lana explained. "He was the censorkip.gif*** that decided it'd be a good idea to mix dragons with humans. You've got dragon blood in you, do you not?" She folded her arms over her chest and shot Benjamin another glare. "That man shouldn't have been allowed to reproduce," she muttered.

A look of enlightenment crossed Benjamin's face. "Oh, so that's what he did while he was in hiding," he voiced, throwing up his hands. "Well, anyway, don't take it out on me! I'm just a lowly biology student living in Dragones."

"Yea, making a living off of your inheritance," Lana scoffed.

"What's your point?" Benjamin snapped.

"Look, Benjamin," Lana sneered, pointing a finger in his face. "Your po dunk granddaddy made his wealth of the exploitation of two innocent children, and I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you defend that monster!"

Benjamin put a hand to his chest, stepping back. "I'm sorry that you can't accept the way science has progressed, ma'am, but I am a Cromwell, and I intend to continue my family's line of work."

Lana gaped at him. "Don't you touch a single child!" she yelled, pushing him backwards.

"I'm not going to touch a child!!" Benjamin shouted over her. "Chill the hell out!"

"I don't like you," Lana muttered.

"I know."

"I have ridges yes. But Oliver Cromwell does not sound in the least bit familiar. My mother, she wrote me a letter... Before I was born. It said very few things. One of them, was.... I had Dragon Blood. Rain was uncomfortable with the tension between Lana and Benjamin. "Ok, both of you chill the censorkip.gif out before I put you in your places." Rain's stormy grey eyes were serious.

Vita rolled his eye's "I'm sorry but apparently it runs in your particular family line that forcing is bad. The end justifies the means huh? Well Hitler just wanting to make Germany great did he not? Plausible reason after how his country got the back end of WW1 ones treaty. Had he succeeded would you say that for germany the end justified the means?" he asked arms folded "You science heads are all the same. Sometimes I wonder if your all paid to be stupid." he said not hiding his disgust for the kid. "Fact your defending the creeps actions of forcing people to have kids, or in other words, breeding them treating like live stock....." he spat onto the ground at the college kids feet.

A white van drove along the street. The windows covered with sheet metal for some reason except the windshield. Besides not having windows it looked normal for the most part.

The driver spotted a small group of teens and brought up a radio to his mouth "Young teens, small group, would be easy to kidnap one, permission to take the ginnipig?" the man asked. A blip later and the responce came "Sleep dart the one of your chosing, grab that one one, leave the rest behind." the reply said. The driver nodded and knocked twice on the metal wall the separated the driver compartment from the rest of the van. A small opening slid open. "Orders?" a masked face said and the driver nodded "Sleep dart the closest one, grab the closest one and we'll be off." the masked man nodded and relayed the orders to the others in the van. Total of 9 people where squeezed in. All masked and suited for combat.

The van pulled up to the curb close to the small group before the back doors opened silently before they all jumped out, one aimed and fired at Vita, his back to the road. Did not matter where they hit the sleep darts had a 1 hour effect. More time then nodded for there goal.

Vita took one in the shoulder. His frightened heart pumping faster spreading the sedative quickly knocking him out in moments. The rest attacked everyone else in the group though only enough to knock them down as one dragged Vita's limp body away to the van. Soon he was in the van in a body bag before the van sped off.

((I ran this by Lila first.))

Lana struggled against the man who held her back. At last she bit his neck and threw him to the ground with a huff. He scrambled off, but that wasn't enough. "Vita!" she screamed, running after them. The van was shut up and drove off before she could do a thing. She growled under her breath, then spun around and gave Benjamin and Rain the sweetest smile she could manage. "We have a problem," she announced, placing her hands on her hips.

Rain wiped the blood from her mouth.

"Who the censorkip.gif were those guys?"

Rain was obviously really, really, censorkip.gif off. One man had tried taking her gun. He left with a shattered arm, and nose. Bas****s. "Nobody beats the censorkip.gif out of me and gets to live to tell about it. What's the plan?"

Blood dripped from her head where the butt of a gun had come down.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

The driver gunned it down the streets taking this turn and that till they got on a busy highway driving normally to avoid raising suspistion. "Son of a censorkip.gif I think we ran into a few of them." one masked guy said taking off his broken mask "Those dang censorkip.gif** packed a punch, now I see why they haven't quit the research." he said before another one rubbing his arm grunted "Who knew a few hybrids could do that. Glad we hit the smallest group there." he said before looking at the body bag that contained Vita "Gotta wonder why there trying to add dragon DNA to humans though, trying to grow scales so we can get them like the blasted creatures where there?" he asked before chuckling "Wouldn't that be a sight to see? Walking money bags!" he said laughing a few joined in though not all "Till they rally and rebel. But then again, what would it matter?" before another spoke up "All I care about is the money, I'd gun you all down if it met lots of cash." he said before the space exploded in laughter "You take us all on? Ya right!" one said.

The van took a turn off the high way after a hour and drove along a long dirt road. Vita slowly started to come to feeling the bumpy ride. His shoulder stung. When he felt for what he found a small dart and took it out. Before a muffled voice was heard "Hey, the ginnie pig is waking." before some more chuckles and a hard kick in the side some someone. He grunted and lay still not able to see much at all. From what he could tell.... he was in some kind of... bag. But that was as far as he got before some whacked him over the head knocking him out cold.

The next time he woke he squinted from the light glaring down on him. His cloths where changed to pure white, the light was bright and the room was white. All he had was his bed, and a toilet in the room. His side was sore from the kick from... who knows when his shoulder a little better, though with bright white room with the bright large light on the ceiling his head ache was not good. "Glad your awake. Sorry for what it took to get you here. Your doing humanity a service being here. Rest while you can. We got things in store for you." came a voice. But afterwards.... nothing. He sat down on his bed looking around. Where was he?