Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Lana looked up and down the street, then checked her phone. "Well it's almost ten," she thought aloud. "So we have an hour before the lights on the beach go out." She tapped her toes for a moment, trying to figure out how long it would take to get to the beach. "You know what? Let's go." However, rather than walking at a normal pace to get there, she grabbed Vita's hand and took off, hoping she wouldn't hurt him at the pace she was going. Her necklace pulsed harder and got warmer, but she was paying no attention to it.

Vita blinked, almost 3 hours already? Wow time flew at times. And where to? Beach? Or her home? He took her hand and kept pace with her easily. He glanced at her necklace as they went wondering what it felt like. Or if he could even wear it. Would it turn him into a hero? Or kill him? Or nothing? Or something else? He did not know. "What does it feel like? That necklace?" he asked as they went "Cause it does not look normal." he admitted before he tripped over a small branch that had fallen from a tree. He caught him self paying attention to the ground again as he made sure he would not trip again.

"Can't look down," Lana said breathlessly, obviously focused on keeping pace. "Have to keep running. What does it look like?" Now that he'd mentioned it, she could feel it growing warmer and thrumming more intensely, but it wasn't enough to throw her off balance. She could also tell from the way he asked her that he was more curious than she was. It was a dangerous curiosity, however and she knew then that she would have to keep this necklace with her and protect it at all costs if this "mission" of hers were to go smoothly. They were closing in on the beach already. If they had walked, it would have taken them ten minutes or more, but running cut that time in half.

Vita was starting to huff more then she was due to not being as athletic as she was but pushed on to keep pace. "Lets just say, its not doing what normal necklaces I've seen do. Your skin says its getting pretty warm." he huffed "wonder how it would react in the water." he muttered as they went.

((Won't be on most of today, but I'll be back this evening.))

((No worries. I'm at work.))

Lana let go of Vita's hand as soon as her feet hit the sand and skidded to a stop. She pulled her hair out of its braid and ran her fingers through it as her eyes danced around the scenery. A slight breeze whistled through the coastal grasses and palm trees. The moon glinted off of the calm surface of the water, which lapped up quietly in small waves onto the sand.

Lana breathed in the salty air and let it out in an exaggerated exhalation. She pulled her sandals off and briskly made her way to the water. Goosebumps ran up her slender calves as the cool water made its way up and over her feet. Lana turned to Vita and smiled coyly.

"Come on in!" she called. "The water's fine!"

Vita stopped a little ahead of her not expecting her to stop so suddenly letting go of his hand. He huffed and puffed a bit "Walker.... and a..... biker...... not much..... of a runner....." he admitted. He watched her free her hair as she looked around her eye's danced a bout. He heard her make a dramatic exhalation before removing her sandles and heading into the water. The way the moonlight bounced off the water on to her gave her this.... shin to her form. One he found a very beautiful one.

He removed his shoes and socks before coming over to join her feeling the nice cool water on his feet. "This place is normally so busy when I'm up.... never felt it before." he admitted looking at it though a little on the jumpy side still.

((look I'm gonna be Lana! c; jk though, her hair's orange.))

Lana laid a hand on Vita's arm and smiled. "It's alright," she assured him. "Nothing's going to happen now. The necklace isn't even hot anymore." She touched it with her fingertips, to prove they were safe. Her smile faded and she waded deeper into the water, until it wet the hem of her dress. She lowered her hands, letting the gentle waves caress her fingertips. I've never felt this way before, she thought to herself, though the voice that said it was not her own. It was deeper, more mature. A chill ran up her spine, and she shook her head, wrapping her arms around herself. The haunting voice left just as quickly as it had come, and her mind was her own again. Her eyes looked the moon, so bright and perfectly round. The hum of a folk tune escaped her lips, but she felt a release of control over her voice and body that she welcomed, then turned to Vita with a cocked eyebrow and a sweet smile. I am a mysterious seductress once again, she thought happily to herself.

Edited by Lila

((Lol, *mentally changes red to orange in head* if the dye on the face near the hair where to look like scales (?) or not, looks nice lol))

Vita nodded and wondered just what animated the necklace..... was it warmer or colder for showing they where closer? Though that was something for later. He came after her seeing her hug her self. Or seem to. She seemed so.... different, it started at the start of this date, just like she switched gears on him. Why was that? He was glad for it but he also liked to know why this happened and the works. He did not like unknowns.... but he was not going to bug Lana about it. He blushed a little when she turned to look at him with that smile of hers. RUnning his hands through the water he looked at her before wondering if he should do something. Happened in movies and such but this was not one.... how do you know when to? He had never been on a date before. When do you know when to kiss a girl?

The thought of it made him smile shyly looking down at the water.

Edited by little lost dragon

((It turned out brighter than I wanted it >-<))

Lana laughed at Vita's timid smile. It was strange, being admired like this. Usually, she was thought of as mysterious, but not in an attractive way like this. She wasn't sought after past the drunk encounters she had at the bar, but this was different, and she enjoyed it.

"You're shy," she stated. Captain obvious. "It's cute." She stepped closer to him, touching his forearm. She looked up at him with a playful smile. "You want to kiss me, don't you?" she asked. She grew an inch or two as she stood on her toes to give him a peck on the cheek. "Bet you're even more nervous and shy now."

Edited by Lila

((I've never change my hair color lol.))

He could not help but smile more shyly glad she was happy but he was not used to this at all. Though at the same time it felt good, More then just getting a 'cute' thought with friends or something.

He nodded as she stated that he was. Though his cheeks went a hue redder as she said it was cute. He felt her touch his forearm. He nodded when she asked if he wanted to kiss her as she seemed a little taller and gave him a peck on his cheek. "I've..... never kissed.... anyone before." he admitted before he took a breath in and kissed her cheek quickly before blushing deeply looking away. "Guah..... why are my cheeks so warm?" he asked having never blushed this much.

((This is adorable but it makes me mad that we're the only people posting because it makes the RP look really petty and I'm just waiting for dragonfreak to reply merrrr))

Lana chuckled at Vita's red face. "This is sweet," she thought aloud. For a moment she seemed to be lost in thought, then looked down at the water, then mischievously back up at Vita. She shook her head, and seemed to be trying not to pull something. In the end, her will gave way. She cupped her hands and scooped some water up, then threw it at Vita before running away as quickly as she could manage through the water. "Maybe that will cool your face down?" she suggested, hardly managing the words between her laughter.

((Its not petty though, I don't RP in petty RP's. All this RP needs is more of its members to show commitment to something they signed up for. Something sadly that's dwindling in DCF here.))

Vita let out a suprized "Wha?" before smiling back and chasing after her her laughter making him laugh a bit as well. He splashed some water at her back as he chased after her.

Who would have known? The same girl that, yelled at him, snapped at him, stung him, and wanted to toy with him, and then tonight would end up like this? A fun, quiet, pleasant evening. Ok with a creepy vanishing old man thrown in for a few moments but besides that.... he never thought he'd be playing in the way laughing with Lana like this. She seemed much more at ease too.

Lana's laughter did not cease as she and Vita became engaged in what appeared the be a splashing war. While she failed to dodge the water that flew back at her in retaliation, she did manage to splash Vita once more before running to shore, tripping once or twice on the way. She fell forward onto the sand, dress and hair soaked. Ever so gradually her laughter began to die away, and once she caught her breath, she sat up and looked back at Vita, eyes red from the salt water but still content.

Vita laughed as well as they had there water fight not able to avoid her water either. He chased after her when she tried to get away. He nearly fell a few times as well him self but stayed on his feet. He sat down beside her breathing a little heavy from all the activity but still smiling a bit. He looked into her content eye's "Something tells me.... this is not something we get to do normally." he said before getting an idea "Would you mind if....... if I where to hug you?" he asked shyly not caring about all the sand on her or there wet cloths. He just wanted to but asked in case she did not like hugs. Not everyone does

Lana smiled and scooted closer to Vita, wrapping her arms around his torso. "You know, asking permission for everything isn't always necessary," she told him, resting her face against his chest. His heart was beating fast, likely from the physical exertion, but a large part of Lana believed it was also because of the little airspace between them. She sighed, tightening her arms to give him a gentle squeeze.

Vita blushed and nodded as she moved closer moving her arms around his torso as she rested her cheek against his chest. And yes his heart was beating fast though it calmed a little as she gently squeezed him. His arms slowly came around her as he embraced her back and tilted his head to gently press his cheek into her hair on the top of her head. Once he had done so the feeling that washed over him.... he did not want to let go at all. "I'll try to remember that." he said quietly hugging her.

Lana gently pulled herself out of Vita's embrace after a few moments. She smiled contently at him, then brought her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them, gazing out at the water. Her smile fell. Tonight was so easy. There were no handsy men she had to avoid, no worries about walking home intoxicated. Just good food, interesting conversation, and childish games in the water. But that man...he just had to give her that necklace, didn't he? Lana didn't want to be special. Special people never got to relax. Special people were too busy changing the world and taking care of others, but she didn't want to change the world. The world was already frightening enough without having to face it. She smirked and glanced down at the garnet. It had risen in temperature and begun to beat again, but she just tucked it under her dress so that Vita wouldn't see it. She fell back on the sand, laying her arms out, defeated.

Edited by Lila

Funny thing was, Vita wished he was in Lana's shoes. Though not to be special or anything but so he could carry the life essence of his favority creatures, dragons. Along with giving him some added features that he kind of wanted. Lana did not seem to want any of that though. He wished there was a way to.... swap it. Let her have the fully human factor and he get the part dragon factor. To bad it was not as simple as that.

He looked at Lana when she fell back in the sand and tilted his head to the side "Every thing alright?" he asked looking her over.

Lana sighed loudly. "They will be, eventually," she said, wishing she knew when. The streetlights went off, but she didn't flinch. "I like it here at night. You can see all of the stars." She smiled, sinking her fingers under the sand. "It's beautiful." Why can't all just go away? she thought furiously behind her smile. I just want to be happy like this and not have this stupid destiny thing gnawing away at me. "You know, Vita," she thought aloud to him. "I wonder why you're the human, and I'm the hero. You're so ambitious and ready to take it all in...and I'm just here." She suddenly felt very empty.

"Great minds think alike..... I was just thinking about that, you the hero, dragon dna, yet you don't seem to want it, you want to be completely human, no difference, just to fit in and the works..... then there's me.... I had given up on fitting in my self, I love dragons and..... would be honored to have some of there dna in me..... to bad we can't just..... take the DNA out of you and place it me or something.... would fulfill both our wishes." he commented "But..... Lana? While maybe not the best... human, I'll try to be there with you, if you take on what the guy back there said, I'm with you." he said looking at her "Who knows, maybe in the process.... we'll both have our wishes granted..... not too far out there, concidering we just witnessed a homeless man vanish in plain sight as we looked at him." he said before leaning back beside her "As for the stars..... your right.... with out the lights around.... the stars look.... nice."

((Hello!

I shall join.

Please note though, I may not always make the five sentence minimum... I shall do my best though.

Name:Rain

Human/Hero: Hero?

Appearance:

-Eyes: Storm Grey

-Hair: A dirty blonde with blonde (natural) highlights

-Skin: Tan

-Height: 5'6"

-Weight: 116 lbs

-Build: Muscular

-Clothes:

•Black Sweatshirt

•Solid Grey T-Shirt

•Dirty jeans

•Convers that are beginning to fall apart

*Her 'distinct ridges' are beginning to become more and more detailed...

Personality: Rain is the silent, indtidating type. Her icy look tends to put people off and send them the other way. She doesn't trust easily, if at all. And she is kind of dark. Not quite emo, but not a cheerful person either. (Kind of like Batman...)

Biography(at least a paragraph, please): Life for Rain sucked. Her mother died in labor, leaving her with her dad. Her dad cared for her, but began turning to alcohol to drown his sorrows; leaving Rain to fend for herself. She went to school, and was constantly picked on. One day, she snapped, and ended up beating her bully to a bloody pulp. Thus began her interest in self-defense. She went to martial arts, and Judo as a young girl. Her father continued to grow worse, until he met another woman at a local bar. They were quickly married. Since Rain's step-mom first saw Rain, she's hated her. Always "forgetting" to feed her. Rain's father had sobered up, but not enough to realize what was going on under his nose. One day, when Rain was in her room changing, her step-mom waltzed in and saw her back. Rain was around sixteen then. She shrieked and called her a monster and "servant of the devil." That's when Rain snapped and attacked her. She'd had enough of her crap. Soon after of giving her step-mom what she deserved, Rain packed up clothes, food, and some money, and fled. Never turning back. She blocked those memories. Rain also changed her name, from Ame, to Rain. She'd forgotten her last name, or really, cut off all connections to her past life.

Along her journey to the west coast, she acquired a hunting knife, and a Springfield 9 mm from a concerned gentleman (He had a daughter that had been nearly abducted when she was 17). Rain didn't know it, but she was following the call to Dragones, CA.

Other: She is single. Though she doesn't warm up to people easily.

I'm honored you contacted me. But might I ask, why me? Or was I just a random choice? xd.png))

((Well you're like super active in freeform and we just need more active people in this thing lol cos LLD and I got it down but I guess some others don't. Feel free to invite anyone if you want. Accepted btw so start whenever.))

Lana smiled, turning her head to face Vita's. "I'm glad we can at least agree on the stars," she told him with a small chuckle. She laced her fingers together and laid them over her stomach, inhaling deeply. Maybe this was going to be hard and confusing and way more complicated than her life usually was. Maybe she was going to get hurt or lose her ignorance in the process, but it was okay. At least there was one person there saying that they'd stand by her. It was more than Lana had ever had, and though it was a foreign feeling, she deeply appreciated it. "We should head home soon, shouldn't we?" she said suddenly, realizing how late it was getting to be.

--------------------------------------------------

Just down the shoreline, a small fire was burning with several college kids crowded around it. They were roasting hot dogs, making smores, and drinking more than their fair share of beer. Country music hummed softly in the background, and they all laughed raucously at every other thing that was said. It was obviously not the most sophisticated of soirees, but it made do, and everyone seemed to be enjoyed themselves.

On a lawn chair towards the outside of the circle sat Benjamin. He usually didn't attend parties, or any sort of social gathering for that matter, but he had nothing to do tonight. His encounter at the deli earlier had left him confused, and he figured drinking would soothe his frazzled mind. He took a slug out of the bottle in his hand, then sat back with a huff. How do people make friends at these things? he wondered with a smirk.

Edited by Lila

((guys... Guys. GAIS. IM NOT DEAD DONT WORRY.))

Roxy finished labeling the box. Her painting had been packaged into the box and on the label was the person's who bought it address. The post office was open at this hour, which was odd for post offices, but who was she to complain? It wasn't that late, only early evening.

It wasn't far either. She's going to walk to there and ship the dragon painting out tonight.So, grabbing, a jacket and waving bye to Sunny, she left for the post office. Taking the elevator down (she lived on the fifth floor) she walked out of the lobby and onto the street.

As she carried the box down the sidewalk, she noticed a lot of things. A nightclub was flashing lights all over the place. A bit further down, a small resturant that she, from the name, assumed served sushi. She must have passed by dozens of times, when walking to the post office, why had she never noticed it before?

I guess I really am flighty, she thought. She had often been told this, but in a teasing tone.

Roxy had by now reached the post office. She walked inside, paid the shipping and postal costs, and sent it out.

Walking back towards her apartment, she passed by a homeless guy sitting on the edge of the street. Roxy decided to keep away from him. But as she went past, he jumped up and grabbed her arm. She nearly screamed.

"What do you want?" she yelled. Roxy was now trying to shake the man off her arm.

"H-h-here," the man spluttered. "Take this." He shoved somthing into her hand. "You must find the children!" he shouted.

"What do you mean, 'children'?" This man must be an escaped mental patient or something.

Roxy opened her hand to see what the man had put there, expecting to see a rock, or even a cockroach. Instead, a pendant of a dragon laid there. It was a gold color, iridescent with purple. It only had wings. The dragon had horns on it's head, and spines down it's tail, that ended in a webbed fin. She looked up to ask the man again what he meant by 'children', but he had gone. He must have run while she was looking at the pendant.

--- (really little time skip to Roxy's apartment)

Once Roxy had gotten back to her apartment, she stopped to look at the pendant more closely. It shone a bright gold in the light. It's purple eyes sparkled. Just looking at it gave Roxy a sense of hope and luck. It was odd.

Maybe it's just the colors that make me feel happy, she thought. That, too, was odd. The pendant was strangely detailed for being so small.

Setting the pendant down on the counter, she decided to watch some T.V.

((Why is this so long? I can barely write five sentences usually. ??????????))

((EDIT: okay, just reread your post, and I think I did the whole 'homeless guy + pendant thing wrong. I'll change it you need me to. I feel like an idiot. *places self in corner.*))

Edited by dragonfreak6132

((That's very true, I'm quite active. I'm not really use to such formal RPs...))

Rain looked up. The sky promised rain. She sighed and shook her head. Rain. Just what she needed. The (city or town?) up ahead looked promising for shelter, and food. Rain hadn't eaten in twenty four hours, but she was no stranger to the ache of hunger. Beef jerky was always available to her, yet that was for dire emergencies. Rain felt a drop of rain fall on her head, bringing her back to the present. Grimacing, Rain pulled her hood over her head. For security, her hand rested on her holstered gun. You never know what you'll run into when you venture into a new place.

((You're fine, dragonfreak. Just be sure that the pendant sends her some sort of signals, like Lana's does.))

Benjamin sighed, downing the last of his beer and tossing it into the sand. A tall blonde approached him with a raw hot dog. "Do you...do you want my, my hot dog?" she asked him, obviously intoxicated. Benjamin stifled a laugh. "I really hope you don't have a hot dog, sweetheart," he told her, taking the frank out of her hand. He grabbed a roasting fork off of the ground from by the fire and stuck the dog on it, then handed it to her. "There you go." She took it willingly, still disoriented about what she was actually doing.

Benjamin turned around to go back to his lawn chair, but was stopped by a bulky kid with an angry face. He looked as if he had one too many beers and was ready to beat anyone to a pulp for any reason whatsoever. Benjamin really didn't want to mess with him, but he figured running away from the situation would make him look like more of a loser than he already was. "Can I help you?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"You're a punk," the guy grunted, balling up a fist.

"I'm sorry," Benjamin chuckled nervously. "I don't know what it is that you are referring to."

"Don't talk to Ashley!" he boomed in response.

"Ashleeeey? Who?"

"The hot blonde piece of meat over there!" the Incredible Hulk snapped. "She's mine! Hey baby." He gave her a wave, and she toppled to the ground, obviously losing her sense of balance.

"Oh, I see now," Benjamin sighed. "Well um, let's just say, I don't like blondes, and I'm sorr--" He was interrupted by a blow to the jaw. His collected demeanor quickly switched over to anger. Although he stood little chance against the guy, he decided to take him on anyway. He punched him right back in the stomach, then kneed him in the face as he doubled over in pain. Now that he had a chance, Benjamin dashed away from the skirmish towards the water, hoping it would end there.

It didn't. The angry party-goer followed after him, reaching to grab him. Benjamin quickly dodged every attempt at grabbing or hitting him, and after what seemed like forever, his enemy collapsed face-down into the water out of exhaustion. His drunken rage had worn off. Benjamin flipped him over so his face was out of the sand, and gave him a charming smile. Laughter sounded in the background. "Pleasure meeting you. I'm Benjamin."