Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

((I gotchu))

Lana cocked an eyebrow at the way Vita's body moved under his shirt as he leaned back in his chair. He wasn't that bad after all. She turned her eyes back to his face. "Sorry. I was...observing." With a shake of her head, she continued to answer his question. "It's alright. I mean, we have stupid weekly meetings and goals and stickers and crap. It's not the worst, but it sure as hell is not the best." She paused, looking down at her hands in her lap and then back into Vita's eyes. "What do you know about heroes?" she asked suddenly. "What have you read?" She immediately regretted the question, fearing she would ruin the pleasant atmosphere.

Edited by Lila

Vita nodded though blinked when she asked him what he did know about the heroes. He looked down at the table wondering if he should say something about them, she always.... got mad or shot him down. He took a deep breath "I know there humans genetically modified or.... augmented with dragon DNA." he said quietly "Giving them some ability and over all making the host of the dragon DNA more athletic and sometimes smarter as well, over all its different for each one." he said before there food arrived. He nodded his thanks to the servers before continuing "So far I've only been able to find new reports, journals of those that leave them online, and been piecing together what I can with that." he admitted "Personally.... I know how you.... reacted last time I said this, but there's more to why I want some of the dragon DNA.... the way I see it.... dragons are cool. They can fly, there majestic, there powerful..... I think to carry a fragment of there DNA.... well for someone like me would be honored... to have it." he said before looking away expecting her to give him something similar to her last to responses when ever he mentioned the subject.

Lana smirked. "I don't know that much about myself," she admitted, looking down at her food. "But I know that being me isn't that great, and I just don't understand why anyone would want to be anything like me." She shrugged, leaning back in her chair. "But I know all of these weird random things, like dragon breeds and who Oliver Cromwell is. I don't know." She opened her chopsticks and picked up a piece of sushi and popped it in her mouth. Her eyes widened as she began to chew. "This is really good!" she managed to say, covering her mouth. She gulped down the sushi and stared at her plate for a moment, then back up at Vita. "That's really good!"

Edited by Lila

Vita nodded slowly starting to eat as she spoke. While she did not understand why anyone would want to be like her, he did not understand why anyone....remotely like him would want to be stuck a mere human. He smiled when she commented on the food. He was used to the great taste him self but Lana this was her first time here from how things went. He swallowed his mouthful before saying "Would you like some more? They haven't objected to people having seconds. Just as long as the bill is paid." he said "As for random things, I had trouble finding much on this Oliver Cromwell, there's many differnt things people say about him.... none of which I can tell to say is the real one." he admitted "But I do know which breed of dragon I want some DNA of.... well breeds... from any of them.... Magi, royal blue, and moonstone." he admitted.

Lana shook her head. "I can't afford more than three rolls," she whispered. "Anyway...Oliver Cromwell is the warped biologist that decided to mutate human DNA to replicate dragon DNA. I absolutely despise the man. I can't believe he was allowed to have children. And they're rich!" She scoffed, taking another bite of sushi. She chewed and swallowed, then continued. "And for whatever reason, magi rings a bell." She did have the human appearance of a magi dragon, anyway.

Vita nodded and listened as she spoke. He got a thinking look when she told him about the Oliver guy. From knowing so little and his one dream and all.... sounded like the guy he may want to meet to get some dragon DNA in. Though he wondered why Magi rang a bell to her. "Magi's are orange dragons, nice body builds, got frills on the tail tips and top of the head as well. Green eye's from what I know, know a lot of magic ability's I think." he said "Though this Oliver guy..... I'm sorry but I'm.... not sure what he did exactly to cause hate, did he force it?" he asked "If he forced it then I can see why completely.... but I hope he did not force it.... " he admitted knowing how naive he must be sounding "I hardly found any info on him.... must be looking in the wrong sources."

Lana winced. "He raised two children in secret. They were physically and mentally miserable. When they finished puberty, he bred them. Children. It's awful how the general public knows nothing about him, except for his early, insignificant contributions to science." She crossed her arms. "He was a Frankenstein, of sorts. Not a well liked person after he went into hiding. She sipped on her water. "He's long dead now though. That was before mankind began to exploit the dragons."

Vita got a 'oh dang' face when she said what went on with the children. Another reason why he did not want to be part of the human race. Too many deemed it that if your not completely human, your an animal. No 2 ways about it. He finished his plate and sighed "Ok I see why you hate him now, that is one of the story's flying around about him too, others say he bred a small dragon and a human, others say he injected dragon DNA into a human embryo ect." he said before looking at the table and sighed "I know its possible to become one..... mixed with dragon and stuff.... but the leads I do find are not real or already dead." he admitted "I just realized, we seem to want what the other has, you seem to want to be completely human, I want to be part dragon.... if only it where so easy to trade or something." he joked or tried to.

Lana smiled grimly at him. "The grass is always greener on the other side," she said with a shrug. "But hey, I'd rather learn about being human from you then being given the actual experience. Everything's better with a nice, charming male voice to narrate it." She winked at him, a small laugh escaping her lips. Did I just flirt with him? Ugh. She looked down at the last piece of sushi left and sighed. "I really wish I could afford more of this. It's delicious." She picked it up and ate it, savoring every last morsel of avocado, rice, shrimp, and seaweed. She swallowed and took another sip of water, then looked up to Vita after a minute. "Thanks for taking me here," she said softly. "I mean, I know I'm paying and everything, but it's a really nice place. I'm glad you thought of it." She gave him that same innocent smile she had earlier in the night.

Vita smiled a bit though his cheeks as she winked at him with her small laugh. Due to hardly going out he had no experience with women and romance factors. He nodded getting a idea when she mentioned she wished she could have more of the food. "Hold on, I'll be right back." he said smiling before heading back to the counter where they made there orders. He could be seen talking quietly with the old man again. The old man smiled looked over at her before nodding to Vita and heading off again. Vita came back before taking his seat again "I just got you another serving ordered. Don't worry I'll pay that one off with a few extra hours on my day back to work." he explained "As for the grass is greener thing, from what you keep telling me, there's not much different with a hero besides the DNA. Heck I might of ran into more then I know and not known it." he said smiling "So..... what would you like to know about?" he asked leaning back having to catch his eye's from going over her.

"Oh," Lana gasped, blushing (she'd never blushed before in her life). "You really didn't have to do that." She smiled, looking down at her feet bashfully. This was not her. This was the complete opposite of her on a good day. But she felt happy. It was an innocent, sweet, happiness that she had never felt before, and she really appreciated. "Can I get the check, and a box?" she called to a waitress, the turned to Vita. "Do you want to walk? I like it here, but maybe some circulation to my feet will help me think of some questions to ask you." She tucked a strand of her ochre hair behind her ear, eyes scanning Vita's body.

((The sushi date made me crave sushi, so I bought a salmon roll while I was out shopping! ^w^))

Edited by Lila

((Not a big fan of the stuff my self lol, but I see why wink.gif ))

Vita saw her blush and butter fly's flew in his stomach, the good kind though he did not know that. He took out his wallet and took the small amount of cash he did have in it and gave it to her "To help pay for the bill." he said before nodding "And sure, there's some nice quiet streets close by here, only a few blocks over all but its a rather peaceful area." he offered. When the waitress came by he looked Lana over, she was not the same person he had met this morning.

Lana smiled at him thankfully. The waitress dropped off the check and her box of sushi, so Lana paid in cash and left a generous tip. She stood up from her chair, hanging her purse over her shoulder, box in one hand, the other held out to Vita. "Don't look so nervous like you do. I promise I won't chew you out again."

((do a short little timeskip thing I'm running on fumes here))

Vita got up with her pocketing his wallet again before noticing she had a hand out to him. He took her hand in his and could not help but give a nerves smile at the mention of chew him out. But she just promised to not chew him out though and they seemed to be clicking far better then they had when they first met.

It was a quiet trip as the 2 thought about each other and how dinner went. Vita was suprized to find that he was enjoying this. It was nothing like what he had thought was going to happen, not thought, would have happened, but things turned out far better. She did not get drunk, he did not get dragged into a crowd of people that he would not do well in at all.

He stayed quiet for a little bit just enjoying the walk with Lana before he spoke up "I gotta admit, to nights going far better then I thought it was going to happen." he admitted

"I know," Lana replied quietly, looking up at the stars. "The only reason I asked you out was so I could scare you and yell at you more." A pitiful look crossed her face as the words left her mouth. "I mean, this is going to sound really strange, but I never got to express my anger until I ran into you this morning. I really liked yelling at you, and I'm sorry if I made you upset or scared you or anything. It was just exhilarating to have an interaction with another person beyond getting drunk and making out." She shrugged, looking away for a moment. She had really opened up to Vita, and it scared her. She was genuinely frightened about what power he might hold over her now just because she had gone on a date with him and maybe developed feelings for him. But I don't like him, she continued to tell herself, until she tripped over something she didn't see and fell to the sidewalk. Her hand slipped out of Vita's and shot out in front of her at superhuman speed, bracing her fall. She caught herself on the ground, breathing heavily, thanking whatever higher deity there was that her dress had not flown up.

Lana got to her feet and glared at the homeless man whom she had fallen over. "Stay out of people's way!" she snapped, every ounce of innocence leaving her. "No one wants to give money to someone who trips people!!" The man did not react how she had planned. He grabbed her boney arm, his grip tight and almost painful. No matter how hard she jerked it away, he held on tight. This was strange. He was not human. His eyes maintained a patient, somber gaze, locked into her intense, stricken one.

"Vita! Help!" The guttural sound that left her throat was unlike her. But she was scared. She didn't know what was about to happen. All she knew was that she wanted out.

Vita nodded looking at the side walk as they went. True she did seem to like acting like that towards him. And she had hurt him at the minimart, but he decided to not bring that up.

Suddenly Lana was falling and her hand slipped out of his. Before he knew it though she caught her self and was getting back on her feet and he too noticed a homeless man..... great... of course one moves into this area when he's on his first date. Then things went down hill as the man grabbed Lana's arm suddenly and was not letting go. "Hey!" he said trying to Lana's aid and pry the mans fingures off her arm though he was not the strongest though. "Whats with you? Tripping and this?!" he asked clearly not happy as he tried to pry the mans hand off his girls arm.

((Guess asking for commitment to a RP is a bit of a taboo eh? Where is everyone else?))

Edited by little lost dragon

((I don't know. Dragonfreak is supposed to post soon. I messaged her. I'm going for like two hours, I'll reply later. Don't wait up.))

((Awh Playing_doctor I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she feels better soon :c))

Lana gasped. "What do you want?! Does this have to do with ridges on my back, or are you just crazy?" As soon as the words ridges escaped her mouth, the man let go. She fell back onto the sidewalk. The force she hit the ground with would normally crush a human's skull, but all she got was a nicely sized bruise. "Jesus," she muttered, pushing herself off of the ground and holding the back of her head.

"Lana Jones, you are a hero," the homeless man spoke up.

"Who the hell are you? How do you know my name?" Lana demanded, getting close enough to his face with her own that she could smell the booze and tobacco on his breath.

"Calm down, Lana Jones," the man insisted, waving her out of his face. She complied reluctantly. "I'm only here to tell you that our children are calling us. It is time, and they need us."

"What?" Lana cocked an eyebrow, placing her hands on her hips.

"You need to find the children," he repeated, holding out a piece of brown suede string with a fiery orange garnet hung off of it. "Use this. It will guide you to the children."

As soon as Lana took hold of the garnet, the man vanished. "Wait!" she called. "What does all of this mean? I'm confused...help." Her voice slowly died off into a murmur, and she sighed, looking at the garnet in her head. It gave off a slight heat, and seemed to glow, even though there was no true light to reflect this time at night. Turning it over, she found it was embedded in a thin sheet of copper, and carved into the copper were the words "hini ed' i' ear". Lana furrowed her brow and closed her hand around the necklace. She turned her intense gaze toward Vita, but her heart melted and expression softened as she saw his worried face.

"Are you alright?"

Vita watched in bewilder as the events unfolded. He rushed to Lana's aid when she hit her head but her healing ability was already there. He looked at the old man as he said the children where waiting, gave Lana a string like thing wondering just how it would lead anyone anywhere. As soon as Lana had it the man was gone, just like that. No trace of him. He looked at Lana as she asked if he was alright. He looked at where the man had been then back to her "Spooked and..... confused." he admitted "But.... I think alright, what about you? He grabbed your arm pretty hard there." he commented before remembering.

"I'm okay," Lana mumbled, obviously distracted. Her eyes fell back on the necklace in her hand. What did all of this mean to her? Was she going insane, or was there some journey she really needed to go on in order to fulfill her destiny? Something warm ran down her cheek. She touched her face with her fingers and was shocked to find she was crying. She looked up at Vita, shaking her head in confusion. "I don't like emotions," she told him, her tears a little bit more noticeable now.

((PS. If you want to join {I've noticed people checking it out} then PM. It's never too late!))

Edited by Lila

Vita nodded coming over to get a closer look at the necklace. He looked up when she mentioned she did not like emotions and noticed tears. She looked confused though. She did not seem to be in pain but maybe this was too much for her. He knew it was a lot to take in him self "There.... unpredictable aren't they." he commented placing a hand on her shoulder in case she was getting up set just did not know it. "Children..... he did not let go of you till you told him you had ridges.... then he starts talking about children and finding them... and why did he only pay attention to you? It was like I was not even though even when I was trying to get him off you." he commented before "Never thought magic still existed either.... but how else would a necklace lead one to.... unknown children.... What do you think? I know I want to find out what these children are." he admitted.

Lana sniffed and wiped her tears. "I don't know," she sighed. "I guess I have to. You know, I might be wrong, but I don't think he's talking about human children." She slipped the necklace over her head and around her neck. It pulsed against her breastbone, sending waves of heat through her blood. She smirked, adjusting it, then turned to Vita. "If we don't stay out, will you come home with me tonight?" she asked, then shook her head. "I mean, I'm not trying to sleep with you or anything. I just don't feel like it's a really good idea at this point for me to be alone." She wished that hadn't sounded as needy or as fake as it did.

Vita nodded giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze "I understand, as for the children.... yeah I agree with that too. I think I may know what he's talking about but I won't believe it till I see it." he said before looking at the necklace "What do you want to do? I'm alright with it." he said not sure him self if he wanted to head to her place or stay out side a bit longer. Truth be told the homeless guy spooked him with that vanishing act. "I know I'm easy to.... startle right now." he admitted quietly.