Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Vash had fallen asleep in a hilly area, a park really right near the diner. Perhaps Harry had wandered off from the Diner, perhaps he would be the one to awaken the sleeping girl and her egg. She was a mess, she looked like she hadn't eaten in days, and she was still sleeping soundly.. sound enough not to notice if Harry had come to join her in the park or not. Perhaps that was how she found the group? Perhaps it was Harry who was her savior in so much of a way as to wander by and then to be found by a member of the group. Who knew? All she knew was that sleep had taken her... sleep, and the rustling of leaves high above. The soothing sound was like a lullaby keeping her asleep.. or maybe it was the simple fact that she had been kept awake by those criminals and forced to work for days and that was the sole reason that she still hadn't awoken as of yet. Only time will tell... but where would Harry be? Would he be at the diner? Or had he wandered off?

Lana inhaled sharply as she saw Seth's knuckles go white. "Calm down," she softly, noting the intensity in his eyes. It reminded her of her foster father, but she didn't want to think about that. Her past was never a concern in her present. What made right now any different? "Besides," she continued, leaning back in her seat with a smug grin. "Waffle House has an indoor smoking section. I can't believe you've never been."

Benjamin nodded, and took Rain's hand without a second thought. As they started down the street, he wondered why she had seemed so troubled since he had met her. Of course there was the whole learning your destiny thing and fighting people for two hours straight, but even in those situations she seemed off. "You don't have to answer this," he spoke up softly. "But what brought you here?"

Roxy just kinda remained there, feeling awkward. Was she the only one here who had a decently normal childhood? It sure seemed like it. Roxy wasn't sure weather she should say something or not. So she just... well, remained there.

She looked over at Vita, who didn't look so well. So for the second time that day, she asked him, "Are you alright?"

((This feels like a kinda stupid post. @-@))

Seth relaxed his grip with a heavy sigh. "I work there." He said with a chuckle. "I guess I always avoided it."

Rain looked down at his hand with a small smile. She then looked up to meet his eyes. "What brought me great?" She gave a short laugh. "My past, and destiny, I suppose." She tilted her face to the grey sky. "I heard the voices. They called me here."

Vita heard the question and sighed through gritted teeth. Rain was suddenly giving orders and when she was not headed she just got up and left, Ben went with her and he over all felt terrible. His gut sick, his legs in pain, being hunched over to stay out of sight. His eye's stinging at times still.... he looked at Roxy and decided to be honest "Not really..... feel sick, legs hurt, eye's hurt, and my back does not seem to like being like this." he admitted "How are you though?" he asked forcing a small smile

Benjamin tilted his head at her. "What voices?" he asked, realizing it was highly unlikely that he'd get an answer that made any sense to him. "You know, you and Lana, out of everyone in that van, puzzle me the most. Lana's open about her past but she treats it like it's normal, and you're such a mystery. But both of you have a purpose you don't yet understand, and I think I envy that." He pursed his lips, looking straight ahead. He'd never felt like a bigger waste of energy than in that moment.

Lana turned her head to him. "Really?" she retorted, cocking an eyebrow. "I've never seen you there before! Granted, I only go whenever people decide to take me out to breakfast...which is never. So in that case, I guess it makes sense." She furrowed her brow, then shook her head and looked out the window. When was the last time someone had fed her after spending the night with her? Of course, she and Vita had their date, but that was innocent and sweet. She didn't feel like anything was owed by either party. But how could someone just up and leave her after taking advantage of her drunkenness? I'm becoming depressingly self aware.

Rain looked to Ben, her brow furrying in an effort to provide an answer that would make sense. "It's them. They call to me. I don't know what they are. Just that I can hear them, so much clearer." She paused "When I was young, I heard the voices. They were so faint, it was easy to write it off as a trick of mind. But, as I got older, they grew louder. When... I left, I just followed them here. And once I met that man, the messenger, they sort of stopped." Rain sighed. She looked up as Ben called her a mystery."Ben, if anyone's a mystery, it's Seth." She shook her head. "Haven't you seen him? He's so… loose. But, there's this darkness in him. I guess it takes an abused child to know one." Seth chuckled, his light attitude returning quickly. "I see. Well I've seen you... a few times, with whom I presume is Harry. I've never seen Rain, or Roxy. Ben... I think I've seen him a few times as well." He looked to the shore of the distant beach. Such great swells today.

((OMG, TJ ANSWERED MY POST.

My first one poofed,

So I posted another topic. Turns out he was answering my first one,

But I'd already posted the second one.

And he answered both.

I feel both stupid and excited. xd.png))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Benjamin narrowed his gaze at Rain. "I'm not sure I understand," he replied reluctantly. "I mean, it makes sense, but hearing voices is mainly attributed to mental illness. But that appears to be one of the only symptoms you exhibit, so I doubt there's any wrong wiring... You know, it sucks Rain. I don't even know why I got involved with any of this. I'm no part of this group. I'm a snooty biology student who has no place saving the world." He smirked and looked away, mulling the statement he had just delivered and what it truly meant to him, and if Rain would truly understand.

Lana followed Seth's eyes out the window to the ocean. She wondered why she had never found something that enamored her in the way that surfing did Seth. Of course she smoked, but that wasn't an escape. She was still in this fallen world, tar-stained lungs or not. But the thought of having no purpose, no dream to follow... It haunted her. She never asked for a crappy start in life nor a luxurious one, but she at least deserved to be happy, didn't she?

((mini time skip after your reply Raven?))

Edited by Lila

((Sure.))

Raven laughed. "Maybe I am just crazy. I wouldn't be surprised."

She listened to Ben's statement. "You became involved for a reason, and that reason is to fight along side us. I know it feels as though you don't fit in, but you do. You're part of our wacky some-what family." She gently turned his chin so he faced her.

Seth went to pull onto a rather rough road. I'm so getting a jeep. He looked in his review mirror to Vita. "Hey man, there's no one out here. This is my special spot. You can sit up. But, the road is going to get rough."

Vita heard Seth and slowly sat up again and leaned back "Progress is progress." he said through gritted teeth. His eye's look a little shiny as he blinked rapidly a few times. Hoping no one would notice but... tears where starting to form. The stress the pain the high pace activity's..... none of it he had adjustment for or training for. "How much longer?" he asked

Benjamin blushed a bit at Rain's touch, quickly turning away once he realized his change in complexion. He hadn't thought he was of any importance to them, but maybe he was. But how? If he did belong, what was his niche? Perhaps he had one, but he had yet to realize it. "Let's go check back at the diner," he suggested, pointing down a street.

Rain sighed and nodded. Why did he still feel so shy around her? Rain had put it all into the open now, and there was no longer anything to hide, right?

"Not to far." Seth said, wincing as they hit a large bump. "But once we get there, you can relax. No one knows about this place. Except Rain."

And how'd she find out? Seth asked himself.

As they proceeded to the diner in awkward silence, Benjamin felt his nerves begin to shake more than he had wished they would. "Have I done something to upset you?" he asked with a nervous smirk. He hated that he didn't know how to talk to people. His father was a successful businessman and his mother a former supermodel, so why hadn't he inherited the charming gene that they seemed to possess? He was confident around men, so why couldn't he be confident around a pretty girl, let alone one he had feelings for? He shuddered at the thought, still troubled by his lack of social skills.

Lana gazed out the window of the van. We're going to be here a while if he plans on waiting for Rain this long, she thought to herself, twisting a stray piece of hair that had fallen from the mediocre bun she had thrown up. Her eyes gave away the brewing distress inside of her, but at the moment she lacked any outward emotion. The garnet on her chest glowed through her shirt, but she paid no mind to it, opting instead to mull over the context of the situation she was in and what decisions she could make to move forward.

((NOW ACCEPTING DRAGON APPLICATIONS.

check OP for revised form.

*remember, not all characters have to be good...))

((OP revised form?..... I want to RP a dragon...))

Rain shook her head. "No." Was all she said. Rain had reverted to putting up a shield to hide her emotions once more. She had many emotions raging at once.

Vita nodded gritting his teeth still to get through the ride. "Guess its a good thing I ventured out yesterday Lana...... otherwise I'd be trapped and doomed." he commented trying to keep his mind off the pain "Could have sworn you wanted to get rid of me when we first met.... completely different story though in the evening..... besides me being kidnapped..... did you have fun.?" he asked

((

Name: Tash

Human/Hero/Dragon: Dragon

Appearance (species if dragon): Royal blue

Personality: Starts off shy and quiet

Biography(at least a paragraph, please): Um.... he has yet to hatch... he's been sleeping in his egg like the others for ages

Other: Very light footed and quiet from the start.

))

((OH. Ok, I thought you'd have another form for them. And, are the dragons supposed to mirror our characters?

Or are they just dragons?

Name: Nxyora

Appearance (species if dragon):

Wyvern (Looks like a golden wyvern)

Affinity- Shadow, Night, Darkness, etc.

Scale colors- Midnight blue, black, purple

General appearance:

*Eyes- Purple

*Wings- Black and Purple mix

Personality: Yet to form.

Biography(at least a paragraph, please):

Other: She's a fighter, and very sneaky. ))

((I made another character. yay. I might make another human character later.))

Name: Soletluna

Appearance (species if dragon): Sunsong

Personality: Generally pretty lighthearted and silly, but will randomly become stoic and serious. She does joke around a lot, and could be seen as childish at times. She holds her opinions very close to heart, and will often get angry at those who don't agree with her. She can switch her mood in an instant, it seems. She gets attached to others pretty easily, which could be seen as good or bad.

Other: N/A

((Since on yours you didn't put a background on your sheet, I didn't either. I can edit it if you want.))

[[

Notice

As the school year starts (and I know I've said it multiple times, I'm just saying it once more), my response time will become limited. Feel free to just drag my characters along if need be. I'll post when I can. ]]

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((ugh

might be missing for the next few days. if you guys can, move on w/o me and I'll catch up))

The road began to become sand. He applied the breaks to the van and then shifted it into park. "Well," he said, pulling the keys out of the ignition. "We're here."

The coast looked like it came from a postcard. In fact, it'd most likely had. There was a large cliff that jutted into the sky, proving shade. Within the cliff that faced the ocean, there were caves and even a tunnel system, carved by years of erosion. Unless the tide became abnormally high, the tunnels no longer flooded. Providing a great place to camp out and surf. Thick vegetation went about two hundred feet back from the water.

Ben sighed wistfully, inhaling the salty ocean air. His blood was pumping at the thought of catching some of the narly waves that formed during high tide. As well as the possible danger of being swept out to sea by a rip tide formed by the monster tides.

He stepped out of the van, setting one foot down. Gazing around, he saw no one. Not even footprints in the sand.

Perfect.

Vita undid his seat belt and sighed glad the drive was over now. "Where will I be staying?" he asked knowing it most likely will be his new home till they figure out how to hide his scales and his legs that where changing. "I understand if is a area with no windows or at least closed windows. In the event someone did find it." he said with a sigh.