Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Rain closed her eyes with a small smile. Her past was momentarily forgotten as she endulged the moment she shared with Ben. As Lana approached, she opened them, rising to her feet unsteadily. Rain dipped her head with a smile at Vita. Sub-consciously, she took in Vita's condition. Though she didn't let her surprise show on her face. Rain scanned the room, seeing Seth hadn't returned.

"Where'd Seth go? Probably back to the van."

She'd awnsered her own question. Rain returned her attention to Vita. "Welcome back."

Benjamin got to his feet as well and gave Vita a nod. "Welcome back, man," he said with a dry grin. Lana's question, however, stirred a bit of guilt in him. I shouldn't have yelled at Seth, he thought bitterly to himself. "He went out to the van," he answered, beginning to walk back to the entrance to apologize.

Vita nodded weakly to them "Thanks." he said wanting out of the white lab gown he was given when he first got here "I'll explain things once I'm...... out of here." he said already winded from just talking "Did anyone have a..... snack on them? Last I ate was....... last night." he said before closing his eye's as they stung. It looked like someone was shining a bright light on his face the way he squeezed them shut.

Rain watched Ben until he disappeared. She then turned to Vita with a warm smile. She pulled off her backpack, and handed him a packet of Welche's Fruit Snacks. "Sorry, it's not much..." She slipped her backpack back on.

Seth looked up hearing a door opening. He pushed himself off the side of the van, then moved to get a view of the door. He smirked seeing Ben. "Come to apologize?" He asked. Seth should be the one apologizing, not Ben; and Seth knew it.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Vita took the snack and smiled a bit "Thanks, its something." he replied taking some and starting to eat though after he swallowed he got a ill look but he continued anyway. Though after 2 more he had to stop and closed the package "First thought.... just the sugar was getting to me.... I don't feel so great." he admitted feeling bad about Rain now too, he hoped she would not take it badly, he did try to have some. When he opened his eye's they had more of the dragon slit look then they did before.

"I did, but to the Seth that felt remorse for being an ass," Benjamin retorted, "not to the ass." He leaned back on Seth's van with a smirk. He wanted to yell at the hot shot again, but knew it wasn't a well supported decision. Besides, the group needed him to drive them to a safe place once they got out of the building anyway.

Lana sighed as a look of pain crossed Vita's face. She smiled at Rain when she handed him the fruit snacks. "I'm surprised you managed to keep those on you through this hell," she remarked with a chuckle. "I would have long been separated from my fruit snacks." She maintained her amused smile as she began to walk towards the entrance of the building as well, ready to finally sit down somewhere not totally burnt or soaked in blood.

Roxy could see Seth storm off, and hoped he didn't run into trouble. There are probably still some guards or something... Rain Benjamin were talking. He said something, to Lana and Rain, then left. Lana then left too.

Roxy approached Vita. He had deep blue scales the had swirls of white on them. So this is Vita. This facility is so disgusting. How could they do that to a person? But she went up to him anyways. Holding out a hand she said, "Hi, I'm Roxy Green."

As Lana carried him from the room he noticed another person, this one he did not recognize at all but she seemed to be apart of the group. He reached and shook her hand weakly "Nice to meet you Roxy, I'm Vita." he said tiredly and quietly. "Guess no one thought they'd find me like this?" he asked not knowing about the picture at all.

Seth grinned and nodded. "Apology already accepted. I'm sorry for being an ass." Her extended his hand. "Friends?"

Rain nodded to Vita. "Anytime. Don't worry about it. If you're feeling up to it, I also have Ritz crackers."

((I know it short. I had to be quick.))

Benjamin shrugged and took Seth's hand in a firm shake. "Why not?" He chuckled, pulling away and looking back at the building, waiting for the girls and Vita to come back out. "This may or may not sound like an unnecessary question under the circumstances that the fate of a race lies in our hands...well, not our hands technically, but you know what I mean. Anyway," Benjamin trailed off, then shook his head. "Do you have feelings for Lana?" In retrospect, Benjamin found it a petty question to ask, and he had flashbacks of his middle school when he went to a girls and boys school for the first time, and how much drama there had been.

Lana glanced down at Vita's changed face. "You're still Vita, so it's okay," she assured him, adjusting his weight in her arms more comfortably, hoping she wouldn't hurt him too badly. "If you were as bad as the girl in the room next to you, I would have been devastated to go through all of that trouble." She sighed as they neared the entrance, stomach uneasy. Where had Vita gone? Why had they done this to him? It was as if days had passed since he was gone, but it'd only been hours. She cared deeply about Vita, but she didn't love him. She didn't know if pursuing anything beyond friendship was possible at this point, but that hurt to think. It pained her to know that something so shallow could push her away from him, and she hated it, and wanted it to change, but wondered if she could change it.

Vita smiled a little again and nodded. Though wondered what she met by the girl next to his room. Something terrible must of happened, that's all he knew. The weight shift did not hurt him though. He closed his eye's and just lay there in her arms as she carried him. Legs too screwed up right now to allow him to walk, stomach not like something with fruit. Yet starving. Plus he weigh so little to allow Lana to carry him with out breaking a sweat at all. That part suprized him but he could think of why that was the case. "Thanks... for everything." he said suddenly quietly "I thought I would.... be dead for sure.... all the talk of dissection, they even brought someone in that.... looked a lot like you Lana...... but she..... lacked the you." he said out of breath again now

Rain smiled at the two. She backed away, and turned. "I'm going to go back outside." She called over her shoulder. It seemed that they needed a bit of private time. Rain grabbed Roxy and took her with her.

Rain left her sweatshirt behind.

Seth looked down, rubbing the back of his neck.

Do I like Lana? I do...

Seth looked up and grinned. "Do I have feelings? Yes, my dear Ben. I do. But, lets keep that between us. I'd like Lana to wonder." He turned as the door opened and Rain and Roxy appeared.

Benjamin chuckled at shook his head at Seth. "Lana and I aren't close," he told him, "but I've seen her around town. The mystery game is all hers. You can't be more mysterious than Lana." He smiled dryly at him. "But you can try if you want."

Lana furrowed her brow at Vita's word. "I know what you're talking about," she said hesitantly. "She... attacked me. I wonder how they made her... me." She smirked, then shook it off. She didn't want to think about what had past when she had a whole lot of issues on the present to be concerned about.

Vita shrugged a little honestly not knowing how they got a clone of Lana. "Guess I'll.... have to go around looking.... like a ninja or something." he commented looking at his hand "No more skin.... dark blue with white swirls.... pretty though.... doubt the public would allow me though to...be among them." he said half to him self "Everything.... feels like... like I'm dreaming... surreal." he admitted

Seth grinned and nodded. "Well, we'll see what happens I guess."

Rain walked towards Ben. She smiled slightly at Seth. "So, we are waiting in Lana and Vita then?"

Roxy leaned on one side of the van. She wasn't quite sure that she had helped more than just being extra weight. She honestly hadn't done much to help at all, and she sorely wished she had. I don't think I'm very good at working with groups.

Ever since she was a little kid, she hadn't worked well at all with other people, unless their ideas were similar to hers. She tried to be bossy, and control the others if they didn't do the project 'right'. Or, if the project didn't interest her, she'd try some, but let most of the others do the work. She often felt as though she could work better on her own, but no, you had to learn to 'cooperate'. But this time was odd, she didn't try to lead others that much, but this had felt important to her, even though she had no idea who Vita really was.

Lana chortled at Vita's words. "Yes, Vita, unfortunately, the public is not widely accepting of those with scales rather than skin," she reiterated with a curt smile. "But it's alright. We'll hide you away in my apartment until we figure out what to do about this." She paused, then looked back down at him, realizing how badly that might have come out. "You won't be alone," she insisted. "I just don't want people... asking questions. You know." She sighed, shaking her head as she stepped through the shattered remains of the entrance to the building. Why are there no police officers? she wondered to herself.

Benjamin nodded at Rain. "They're over there," he said with a slight wave, nodding to Lana. He gave Rain's shoulder a gentle squeeze, then turned to Roxy as she took a place on the side of the van. "Hey, Roxy," he called. "What's on your mind?" She had been quiet this whole time, and hardly harbored a scratch. How had she remained so...elusive? He glanced over at Rain, whom he thought he'd never get close to in his life, and then over to Lana, who was a closed book when it came to her personal life until all of this mayhem had occurred... and yet he was still closer to them than he was Roxy.

Vita nodded and remained more or less limp in her arms not sure what else to do besides making it easier on her to carry him. "I understand, most likely would.... attract far more people then we would like.... not the good ones either." he said quietly his eye's darting around as they moved through the places entrance. He saw Ben and the others and the van "Just promise me.... I won't be stuck in another body bag for the ride." he said remembering waking on the trip to this place in one.

She turned to Benjamin. "I was just thinking, that, I was maybe just more of extra weight than I helped here today. I mean, all I've done was try to help, but either I wasn't fast enough, or I hesitated too much. Maybe..." Roxy paused. "Maybe everything would have been easier for you all if I hadn't come."

Roxy kicked at the asphalt, sending a few pebbles flying. She hadn't actually helped anything, but she felt it would have been better if hadn't come.

((SO. SHORT.))

Benjamin shook his head with a curt smile. "Don't sell yourself short," he told her. "You could easily be a hero in the future... no pun intended." He joined Rain, then motioned for Roxy to climb in as well. He looked to Rain, who was clearly exhausted from the past few hours. He gently rested an arm over her shoulders, trying to comfort her.

Lana chuckled. "I can promise you that we lack the supplies to even consider that an option," she reassured him. They were at the front door now, and nearing the van. Lana wondered how Vota would have to rest in the van in order to stay comfortable. At this point, she pondered, comfort is likely a luxury to him. "How do you want to sit, Vita?" she asked aloud.

Vita looked at the Van thinking "Front seat or window seat most likely is out of the question..... and I think I'm a little big to spend the trip on someones lap so..... I guess that leaves the back middle seat for me." he admitted "I guess I'll have to sit like I normally would just very careful with my legs..... I seem to have a second joint growing in..." he commented before other sounds caught his attention "Second though, I don't we have much time." he said

Vans that looked armored where speeding down the path to the complex towards them

((Figured something to get them moving was in order, there still at the complex after all))

Rain leaned her head against Ben. She sighed, beginning to slip into a fitful sleep.

Seth put the key into the ignition. That's when he spotted the vans. " censorkip.gif ! Everyone hold on!" He put the van into reverse, and slammed down on the gas. They shot back. Seth then switched to drive. He never really took his foot off the gas. As they sped down the somewhat deserted road, he would glance up at his rear view mirror.

Rain shot up. She looked back at the vans now perusing them. "Why don't we have a rocket launcher?" She mumbled. Rain crawled into the back of the van. She opened the rear window, and pulled out her gun. She pulled the trigger, aiming at the windshield. The bullets had little effect. Bullet proof windows...

Rain then began taking aim at their tires.

Lana's expression remained just as bittersweet as it had been as she sat Vita in the van, then climbed into the passenger seat. She turned her attention to Seth as he began to accelerate and watched his face turn from casual to intense yet again. She chuckled to herself, looking away. She heard bullets fire from Rain's gun, and didn't bother saying anything due to the noise.