Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

The sound of gunshots could be heard. She sure hoped Rain was okay.

Roxy wondered how they were going to get out of here, then Seth suggested that they climb through the vents again. She watched as Lana opened the vents so that they could climb through.

Lana then left the closet, and ran to assist Rain. "After you," said Seth.

"Thanks," she said. She crawled into the vent.

Roxy climbed through the vents once again, trying to make as little sound as possible.

Lana sighed. "You're in awful shape," she murmured, helping Rain up to her feet and swinging one of her arms over her shoulders for support. "I'm gonna get you in the vents with Seth and Roxy, then go find Benjamin. You guys look for the patient area, but don't go in until you see or hear Benjamin and I, alright?" She looked Rain in the eyes, worried that the drowsy girl wouldn't quite catch all of that. She saw Benjamin out of the corner of her eye.

"Lana!" he called excitedly, but still under his breath. "I made a bomb!"

"Benjamin! Shh!" Lana scolded, shooting him a glare.

He recoiled at her words. "Sorry. Geez. Anyway, I made this. The alcohol should start a fire, and the spray should make the guards woozy, so we can get past them."

"That sounds great, Benjamin," Lana said, "but how the hell are we not going to pass out as well?"

"Well I don't know about myself, but you three should be pretty much immune to it," he replied with a shrug. "It'll just burn your nose and eyes. Dragon blood prevails once again."

Lana smirked. "Help me get Rain up into the vents before more guards come," she ordered.

Rain smiled at Ben drukenly. "I love youuu." She laughed, staring to climb the vent. She'd heard what Lana said. However, it was another story of she was going to listen.

Seth army-crawled through the vents complaining. "When do we stop?" He asked himself.

Benjamin's eyes widened at Rain's comment. He knew she was out of it, but he couldn't help blushing at her comment. He pushed her up into the vent once she had a hold on it, then turned back to Lana, who was giving him a smug grin. "Shut up," he snapped. "At least I'm not covered in blood." Her eyes widened, but she didn't respond otherwise.

"So, do you know where the patient area is?" Lana asked, beginning to walk down the way Benjamin had come from.

"Yeah, I just got over there when I had to hide and decided to make this," he replied, holding up the water bottle of death.

"When we get there, throw that... thing of yours," Lana instructed, "and then we're going to kill or knock out as many guards as we can. Hopefully we can get the keys off of one of them, and get Vita out."

"That sounds great in theory," Benjamin told her. "But I have an awful feeling that something might go wrong."

Lana shrugged. "We'll see."

Rain army-crawled through the vent. She didn't like tight spaces at all. She grumbled. Up ahead, she could hear who she assumed was Seth and Roxy. Rain held back a sneeze, the dust of the vent getting into her nose. She looked down into a room, seeing what seemed to be a control center. The fog lifted from her mind and she became her sharp, witty self again. Her wings began to cramp from being pressed to her back for so long.

Seth looked down as they passed yet another vent. This time, the room was almost a blinding white. "Hmm?" Seth pressed his fingers against the grate. It became loose and bent in, and slipped against the metal border that held it. censorkip.gif ! Seth snatched it from the air, his arm hanging in the room, holding the grate. He squeezed his eyes shut. Please let no one see. Please let no one see. He carefully pulled the grate back up, and slowly lowered his head into the room. Doctors had their backs turned to him.

Is this... The patient area by chance? He wished that Lana and Ben would've invested in walkie-talkies.

Two guards stood on each side of a large door, arms folded over their bulky chests. Lana and Benjamin stood just around the corner, prepping themselves for ambush. Benjamin still had the tranquilizer gun, and Lana had her pocketknife clenched in one hand and a lighter in the other. They gave each other a look of anticipation, then turned the corner and ran.

The guards immediately stirred from their almost stoic positions. One pulled out a tranquilizer gun, and the other a radio. Benjamin shot quickly at the guard, hitting him with several darts. "He'll need that much, anyway," he huffed to Lana with a small laugh. She shrugged, not turning her eyes away from the unarmed man with the radio. She gave him a swift kick to the groin, distracting him enough to wring the radio out of his hands and smash it on the ground. The blade of her pocketknife drove into his throat. She pulled him off of the knife and threw the twitching guard to the ground, then pushed open the double doors that led to the patient area.

"Hello!" Lana announced raucously, holding out her hands. Several of the doctors turned from their work to face her. "I am Lana Jones, and this is Benjamin Cromwell! We are here to end this operation!"

Benjamin held out the bottle. Lana sparked her lighter and set it aflame, and it flew into the crowd of doctors and guards. Lana smiled amongst the heat, then turned to Benjamin, who was trying his hardest not to inhale. "Go out in the hallway and guard," she ordered. "Stay conscious."

She looked up to the vent. "Come on out, my friends!" she called, beginning to tear through several drowsy guards with her knife. She spared the doctors, instead choosing to give them a blow to the head rather than killing them, since they were unarmed.

Seth grinned. He dropped out of the vent, landing lightly on is feet. Rain came a little but later to the party. She had actually slipped through accidently through the open vent. Though in midair, she managed to angle her wings, and land on her feet.

"Woo!" She yelled excitedly. Her eyes watered at the lingering chemicals. Seth grinned at Lana, then at Rain. "Now we find Lana's boyfriend." He began walking down the hall. His face appeared in the windows of different rooms, before he stopped. "You know, I have no clue what he looks like." He walked back over to the group, where Rain socked him in the arm. "Idiot." She mumbled. Her tone wasn't harsh, as her previous comments had been. Instead, it carried an almost playful tone. Seth flashed a grin at Rain. "I see I rubbed off on you." Rain rolled her eyes. "Sure." She said sarcastically.

Roxy fell through the opened vent, onto the floor. The small traces of chemicals in the air made her eyes water a bit.

She looked at Seth. He had walked down the hallway, then came back, saying that he has no idea what Vita looks like. Roxy then realized she too had no idea.

"Hey, Lana, what does Vita look like?"

((ITS SO SHORT))

Rain pulled her backpack of her back. She rummaged through it, and produced the picture of Vita. "This." She handed Seth the picture. Seth studied it before handing it off to Roxy. "You just, carry a picture of him with you?"

"We got it earlier with a note in the diner."

"Uh-huh." Rain shook her head, dismissing Seth. Rain looked to Lana. "Are we going to find him or just stand around?" She snapped, growing tired of the fight. "They are going to send more guards soon, and I need more bullets." She then turned to Ben. He seemed to feel akward around Rain. She thought for a moment, trying to figure out why he'd feel akward, until it hit her. Rain groaned and slapped her hand to her forehead, covering her eyes.

When she'd been under the drugs influence she'd told Ben her feelings.

Rain pulled Ben aside. "Hey, uh... Ben. You know what I said earlier, my um, feelings? A... Uh.... Sorry about that... I was a little loopy... From the drugs." Rain had tied a turniquote around her forearm to help stop the bleeding. It had been stained red. As well as her sweatshirt, jeans, and shoes. She felt self conscious. Rain gave him a quick nod before backing away awkwardly. She slipped off her sweatshirt, and with a heavy sigh, set it on a table. "I really like that sweatshirt." She mumbled.

Rain wore a black shirt underneath her sweatshirt.

Seth watched the interaction between Ben and Rain. He grinned.

"Awh, you're getting tired of this just as it's getting fun!" Lana groaned jokingly. She shook her head and began to scour doctors for keys. She finally produced a set from an unconscious male doctor's hip, and with a grin began to look for Vita. Unfortunately, the doors lacked windows, so she had to take the risk of unlocking every one and opening it to check. "Benjamin, keep that tranquilizer gun ready," she ordered. "Just in case someone unruly is behind one of these doors." Benjamin was compliant and readied his weapon.

Despite her fears, Lana found that several of the doors just opened to empty, white rooms. There were no signs of life in each of them, aside from the stark white bed and toilet. The fluorescent ceiling lights were also off in most of the rooms, leading Lana to believe that many of their "patients" had gone wrong. It sent chills down her spine to think of how many people they might have mutilated, and she thought of all of the cruel deaths that likely took place in this facility. She shuddered and shook her head, refocusing on finding Vita.

The first door which inhabited life was the twenty-seventh. A small child lay strapped to a gurdy, gasping for air as a pair of mutilated wings rotted away at his back. Lana cringed, covering her mouth. The smell alone made her eyes tear up, but paired with the fact in front of her, she found it hard to keep her emotions in check. Her heart throbbed as she unsheathed her knife and made a thin line across the boy's neck, putting him out of his misery. She departed the room with shivers, and Benjamin gave her a look of concern, but she brushed him off.

Lana was not expecting what was behind the twenty-eighth door. There might as well have been a full-length mirror, because behind this door was an exact replica of herself. There was a moment of stunned silence, in which both Lanas attempted to comprehend exactly what was happening. But Subject #28 saw the fire and smelled the chemicals, and that triggered her reaction. She leaped at Lana, biting and tearing, but with the teeth, and claws, of a dragon.

((Really sorry for the late reply. I was at a party.))

Edited by Lila

((It's alright.))

Rain leaned against a wall, awaiting Lana. She saw her reaction to a few of the rooms. This intrigued Rain, and she followed behind Lana.

Seth sighed and shook his head, going off to explore.

((Oohh. Oops.))

Rain's eyes widened as she heard fighting. Rain ran forward, pulling out her gun. She saw that Lana, was well, fighting Lana. The other Lana had long vicious looking claws. And as she snarled, Rain saw the clone of Lana had wicked fangs.

"Lana!" She cried, aiming the gun. They moved quickly, and as sharp of a shooter Rain was, she couldn't take the chances.

Seth sprinted down the corridor, spotting Rain, Lana, and, Lana? He too in the scene quickly. One's a clone...? Seth stood, he didn't know what to do.

Rain on the thee hand, holstered her gun and leapt forward, joining the tussle. Rain used her heavy wings to strike at the clone. However, she received deep gashes in her arms. Rain grimaced, but continued to fight. Her eyes narrowed, calculating the clone's actions within split seconds, trying to avoid being hit, and deliver blows of her own.

Roxy looked at the picture Seth had handed to her. So that's what Vita looks like. She observed the picture for a bit more to make sure she'd be able to recognise him, then put the picture in her pocket.

She then heard a loud crash, and some thrashing. Roxy looked up to see a Lana with claws and fangs attacking Lana. Rain ran towards the two Lanas, and beat at the attacking one with her wings. She quickly ran over and attempted some quick thinking to stop the fight with minimal injuries to herself and everyone else. If the other Lana mistrusted people to the point of attacking anyone, she may think us as enemies, due to the fact Benjamin is holding a tranquilizer gun, and the fact Rain was attacking her with her wings...

She probably wasn't strong enough that she could go to into direct combat with the attacker, and there was always the chance that Rain could accidentally hit her if she ran in to the fight. She needed some way to stop the fight, and restrain clawed Lana if needed...

Vita opened his eye's to hear.... faint sounds of fighting? He got up and went to walk but fell over right away as his legs did not support him at all right now. "Graah!" he said as he fell catching him self before he hit the floor. He crawled to the area that he knew the door was and listened. Sounds of fighting where there and that could only mean one thing. "Huh..... the place must of been a trainee place for the guards...." he muttered "There mistake.... not that it says anything good though." he muttered some more before closing his eye's as they started to sting again as they continued to slowly turn into the eye's of a dragons, reptilian and all. Skin, legs and eye's..... he wondered if Lana would even recognize.... and the thought of her even.... wanting to be with him also crossed his mind.

Lana let out a roar of frustration as she felt one of Rain's wings bash her accidentally. "Watch out Rain!" she called, locking her fingers around the rabid Lana's wrist. She twisted it and gave her a punch to the gut, temporarily incapacitating her. Benjamin raised his gun and fired two shots at the clone, catching her in the shoulder. Subject 28 cried out in pain, tears escaping her eyes. Her resemblance to Lana slowly began to fade back into who she had been before. "My children," she sobbed. "My poor, poor children..."

Lana's eyes grew wide at the spectacle. She took a moment to comprehend the situation, or at least try, but gave up, instead dashing to the next door with the set of keys. Benjamin quietly approached the disturbed, crumpled figure in front of him, but upon touching her shoulder, received a nasty cut to the hand. He recoiled in pain, shaking his head. What have these people done?

Behind the twenty-eighth door, Lana found the figure that matched the picture they had received in the letter. Strewn across the floor was a human, morbidly altered to resemble a royal-blue dragon. She shuddered. Not that the sight was particularly disturbing, but this was different than all of the other cruelly experimented patients. She knew him, but he was such a foreign face now. It was painfully unsettling, but Lana knelt to the ground and lifted his scaled face with a finger.

"Vita."

((Rain's an expert fighter. She's highly trained in combat....

You know, she is new to wings. Nevermind then. xd.png))

Rain panted and sneered. She was worked up, and testy. "I get no thanks." She spat. Rain had revived new wounds; of which, would scar. The jagged wound that was once under Rain's eye had faded to a scar. This made her look intimidating. And since Rain had removed her blood soaked sweatshirt, she had received nasty gashes. These, steadily gushed blood. Rain figured it had been because she'd been fighting another Dragon Blood.

Seth had awoken from his daze. His movement were jerk at first. As he began to move, they became smooth once more. With a concerned look, he approached Rain; setting a hand on her shoulder lightly. "Rain, are you-"

Rain slipped out from under his hand. She didn't meet his gaze. Her fists were clenched with mixed emotions of anger, pain, and even a bit of jealously.

"I'm fine.."

Seth pulled away. He backed up. The emotions that radiated off of Rain were dark. He only looked on with a concerned look. Seth then looked to Ben. He pleaded silently for him to do something. Seth had obviously not made a good first impression. And as far as he knew, Rain wanted to just kill him.

Tears stung Rain's eyes. She knew not why. The emotions she felt, was not the kind to bring tears. Even the pain, which she was so use to, wasn't enough to make her tear up. Yet, there she was, fighting back sobs. Rain wanted to run. To leave this all behind, and just run.

Rain had been running away from pain her whole life.

Seth felt a storm brewing. One of darkness, anger, pain, and hurt. He thought they were his own. But, somewhere he knew, they weren't his.

They were Rain's.

Rain's wings shrank, before fading away. Her hearing seem to grow quiet as well. My powers... They're fading.

She looked down the hall, to where the room Lana had disappeared. Her vision remained sharp.

Benjamin gave Seth a shrug. "I don't know," he muttered. "Come with me, but don't talk to Rain." He turned to walk away, to pursue Rain, but then stopped and spun on his heel. "No," he said with a shake of his head. "No. I'm not going to let you expect us to trust you after the first thing you did involving us was flirt with Lana and push Rain to recall painful memories when it was totally unnecessary. I'm really, really glad you were a help to us, Seth. But I swear to god, you better not feel entitled to anything just because you threw one punch for me. You don't even know us. Why did you insist on helping?" His eyes were full of ridicule, but a tiny piece of him truly wondered what it was that kept Seth near this group. Fina and Aidan had left, so why not Seth?

Vita looked up as the door opened to see Lana and a look of.... he was kind of expecting the look. He heard her say his name and he nodded slowly "Hey Lana....... Guess I..... kind of ot my wish huh." he said before looking around "I can't walk right now..... my legs are doing something.... some bone changes from the knee down." he explained "I'm still me though, nothing has changed on that front, alright?" he asked looking at Lana

"I'm a Dragon Blood. And it seemed wrong to let you rescue him by yourselves." He snapped. He knew he'd been an ass earlier. And he felt bad about. "I know, I was a jerk." He sighed and looked down. "You know, you're right. Why did I stay? Lana got her boyfriend. I'm out of here." He turned away and stormed out of the facility.

Rain turned, watching Seth leave with an expressionless gaze. She looked down, turning away again. The last of the adrenaline Rain had was out of her system. She was now weak, and very sore. She leaned against a wall, sliding down it until she rested on the floor.

Seth found his way into the parking lot. He paced angrily, before slowing to a stop. Why had he reacted like that? The anger he felt melted away, and he began to feel his own emotions. "The emotions weren't mine. They were Rain's." He looked down at his gem, which glowed faintly.

Rain's head hung between her arms. Her gem cast a faint light across her face. She felt drained. As if someone had taken all her energy. I did just straight up fight and crawl through vents for the last two hours.

Seth looked back at the building. He sighed and leaned against the door of his van.

Benjamin watched Seth depart, not saying anything just for the simple fact that he couldn't think of anything to say. He joined Rain and sat beside her on the wall, resting his arm on her shoulders and watching the fire in front of them die down. He gave her shoulder a very gentle squeeze and looked over at her. "These two days have been way more than I expected them to be," Benjamin told her. His face went shocked as he realized he had missed class. "I've never missed class before!" It was a comical thing to watch his reaction.

Lana smiled weakly at him, blood dripping down her forehead. She gently pushed him onto his back and slid an arm under his torso and an arm under the fold of his legs, noting how they had changed to what appeared to be hind legs of an animal. He was much lighter, however, she noted as she lifted him off of the ground. "We're leaving here, okay?" she told him, hair falling in her face. She didn't have a free hand to tuck it behind her ear, and looked rather irritated about it.

Rain looked to Ben. She smiled weakly. "I've missed class for... Oh I don't know, four years?" She rested her head on his shoulder. "Ben, I think... You should know... How I feel about... You." She looked down shyly. "I really like you Ben."

Her face turned a faint pink.

Vita took a sharp breath in as she moved him on to his back and his legs changed position. He smiled and nodded knowing he'd never get out of her alone like this. He reached up with a scaled hand and brushed her hair out of her eye's again. He was glad to be leaving the place. He knew they had been fighting to get him, the sounds, the blood on Lana's forhead. It kind of suprized him though. He only knew one of them for a few hours, much less the rest that had maybe met for a few min before being taken here. He wondered what the others would think one they saw what and who Lana was carrying. Speaking of which.... she was carrying him with no assistance. He must of lost more weight then he had thought.... or it was due to how they never fed him.... now that he thought about it, his gut growled in hunger.

Edited by little lost dragon

Benjamin smiled at Rain's blush. "I like you too," he told her, reaching over for her hand. "You're beautiful, and witty, and an excellent fighter...and you've devoted so much of your time and risked you life fighting for someone you hardly even know. I can't just brush that off. It's such an admirable trait you have, this nobility and determination. I can't help but wonder if the hybrids were named heroes after you." He smiled as he laced his fingers between hers, so relieved that everything was all over and it came down to this.

"Thanks Vita," Lana said softly with a smile. She turned to leave the room, wondering how he must feel right now. Awful? Overwhelmed? Overjoyed? What could he be thinking? She didn't want to ask him -- not right now, anyways. It wasn't the appropriate time. As she came back into the room where Benjamin and Rain were seated, she noticed Seth was gone. She furrowed her brow. "Where's Seth?"

Over all the realization of any of what he had gone through had yet to hit. In a way he felt almost detached.... ever since he had been struck with the dart he just.... sat there reserved. He only got so far with his emotions. All of which with in the level you'd expect like it was normal every day, however that was not the case at all.

He nodded as she thanked him gritting his still human teeth at times as they moved causing his legs to sway at times. When they entered the room he reconzed Rain and Benjamin. Though who was Seth? "Hey guys..." he got out not sure what to say right now.