Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Seth grinned at Ben. "Thanks man, that means a lot to me too."

Rain followed after Lana. Her gem glowed blindingly. Her back ached, and now she fought back tears as she climbed.

A sudden violent jolt ran through Rain, and she lost her grip. Rain fell back. Time slowed. Rain's life flash before her eyes. She slowly closed her eyes, awaiting her painful landing. Her back throbbed, and bones crunched. Her eyes flying open, Rain realized that she hadn't hit the ground, she'd grown wings. Her eyes became that of a dragons, and her necklace swirled.

Quickly flipping herself over, Rain spread her wings. The scales were a bluish-grey, much like her necklace. Rain ended up gliding to the ground, tumbling head over heels. She looked up at Lana, who was on the roof already. Raising her wings experimentally, she flapped down, rising into the air a bit. Crouching, Rain thrust down heavily, sailing into the air. She again, landed heavily. This time on the roof. Rain was bewildered and distraught. She looked to Lana, about to pass out.

((This was already agreed upon by Lana. I thought it'd be a good time to put it in..))

((*cringes* Rain, you just alerted them to the roof, land lightly...... I guess that would be hard though too for a first timer..... *continues to watch tillI have enough to post with*))

((PS YOU CALLED ME BY MY CHARACTER'S NAME

/dying/))

Lana's eyes widened at Rain's physical transformation. "What the hell, Rain?!" she gasped. "That's really crazy and cool and crap, but you can't sneak around like that!" She shook her head and looked down the building at Roxy. "You coming?" she called as discreetly as she could. If anyone else went through anymore crazy stunts like this, they were going to end up killed.

"We're not actually on a field trip," Benjamin replied with as much savvy as he could manage. "Those girls were strangers, honestly. We're just delivering this Bodyglove wetsuit." He grinned a classic rich boy grin, fiddling with the beer bottle opener in his pocket from the beach party last night. This thing is gonna be my best friend.

((I know. More excitement. xd.png

EDIT- Please hold, editing.

Edit x2- Edited. xd.png))

Rain grinned lopsidedly. "Wake me up tomorrow." Rain passed out, for the first time ever, in her life.

Seth smiled halfheartedly. "What he said."

Edited by RavenWolf1010

The clerk looked at the suit then at Ben and got this 'you think I'm a fool?' "Some ride you guys gave those girls, how do I know your not trying to break and enter now?" he asked the door not opening till her heard what sounded like.... tearing of cloth? A heavy landing.... then another one on... sounded somewhere above....? The clerks eye's suddenly took on a not so friendly look "What are you kids up to?" he asked flatly.

"Yeah, I'm coming. Just a sec."

To be honest, Roxy wasn't sure if she could climb up the wall. But she approached it, and grabbed onto the wall. Just one step at a time, just focus. She felt terribly nervous, and the sinking feeling intensified. Grabbing at another part in the wall, she held on firmly, and slowly moved her foot. She tried not to look down, but when her foot slipped a little, sge couldn't help but-

"Oh geez." She wasn't even that far off the ground, why was she scared? Looking back up, she saw she still had a ways to go. You can do this, just try. She gave a small laugh. She felt much better, and slowly made it to the top, gently placing her feet on the roof.

"Oh nothing, sir." Seth replied sarcastically. "That's why we came delivering a wetsuit to Medical research facility. Idiot." Seth handed Ben the box. "Hold this? Thanks."

He pulled back his arm, his hand in a fist.

Benjamin possibly held the wetsuit as awkwardly as humanly possible. His eyes widened as Seth pulled back a fist, but he shrugged it off, remembering that what they did to Vita had been much, much worse. "Hit him in the temple," he suggested. "It'll kill him instantly. And remember to destroy his radio."

Lana groaned when Rain passed out. "Are you ****ing serious right now?" she muttered, shaking her head. She looked to Roxy and smirked. "Well, we have to figure out how to wake this girl up. Got any ideas?" Just for kicks, she slapped Rain across the face, leaving a red mark. Too bad that's really not gonna work, she thought bitterly to herself.

The clerk slammed the door shut with it with out Bens arms in the way, If his arms where in the way the door would close on them if not then the door would close. Though for appearances it was a glass door (hint hint) but he would start to lock it anyway. The secretary seemed to be talking to a microphone on her computer before she pressed a few keys and got up and left further inside the building.

Rain shot up. "WHAT THE- oh." She laughed awkwardly. "Sorry... I've never done that..." She was surprised that just a slap managed to bring her back to consciousness.

"What'd I miss?"

Seth jumped back as the door shut. "Well then..."

((Edit- the clerk's a guy now?

And, I was typing when you posted...))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Roxy stared at Rain. "You should probably be a bit quieter, I hope they didn't hear that. But anyways, you didn't miss much. Actually, you didn't miss anything."

She nodded at Lana. "Now what are we gonna do?"

Roxy couldn't see much. Looking back down the side of the building, she didn't see anyone. Hopefully, no one will come out after that whole 'Rain-turned-into-a-dragon-then-passed-out' thing.

((Short, I know))

Benjamin looked over at Seth and shrugged. He threw the box through the window, shattering the glass, then rushed to put the clerk in a headlock. "Alright, good friend," he said through clenched teeth. "Night night." He looked up at Seth with a ready grin, presenting the man's temple as well as he could.

Lana nodded at Roxy's words. "We're going in the vents until Benjamin gets the lights off," she instructed. "So follow me." She led the two to the exhaust vent on the roof of the building and strained to pull two of the shutters apart, just wide enough for them to fit through one at a time. Sweat dripped down her forehead and her arms ached from the effort, but even she knew it wasn't human to have that strength.

Rain looked at Lana knowingly, before going through the vent.

Seth grinned, cocking back his fist once more, and landing a blow on the man's head.

Benjamin snatched the radio off of the man and threw it on the floor, dropping the clerk as he went to destroy the radio under his foot. He shuffled down the corridor, looking for a light switch. At last he found one. He ripped off the cover and pulled out the wires, severing them with the bottlecap opener. The lights flickered off, and he looked over at Seth, giving him a thumbs up.

((I'll..... let that one slide. Broken glass teenage charging you... don't think he'd be just standing there and let him self get placed in a head lock....))

The guy went out like a light bulb but a light started to go off. The entrance had been far too open to avoid a lock down of the place to prevent any escaping or entering. Doors shut and locked guards took places in pairs at least some only with pistles or shock ones to only knock someone out. Others more heavily armed with rifles loaded with tranquilizer shots

Roxy waited for Rain to go though the vent, glanced at Lana once, then crawled in herself. It wasn'T too narrow, though it wasn't comfortable. After all, air ducts aren't meant for humans. She carefully moved though them, trying not to squish Rain, while also trying not to make a lot of noise.

((THIS IS EVEN SHORTER WHY))

Edited by dragonfreak6132

Seth looked around. "Oh censorkip.gif . Lets move!"

Rain picked up the sounds of sirens. Acute hearing now too?

"Sounds like Seth and Ben did their job." She whispered.

((I know, my posts are painfully short.

I'm trying. xd.png))

((record your character's perception of the setting [five senses], their thoughts, and any memories it might bring up, etc.))

Lana grinned. "That they are," she chuckled. "I hope Seth has Benjamin covered, because I know that kid's not armed." She wiggled through the stainless steel rafts, as to not make noise, and glanced down every time a vent came in sight. She passed up several, as the lights were still on, but ran into one where the light was off. Hocoujo. The screws on the vent detached themselves and rolled away, making a much louder noise than Lana would have preferred. She pulled off the vent and set it down quietly, then scanned what she could see of the corridor below.

"Alright," she whispered. "We're going down here. Try to kick yourself of the wall to minimize the shock on your legs. Stay alert." With those words, she slid her legs through the vent and fell through.

((Hmmm. Ok.))

Rain nodded, the alarms still ringing in her ears. Her eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness of the room below, as if the lights were on. This is so cool.

Rain's wings were tucked against her back. As she slipped feet first through the vent, she snapped her wings open, breaking her fall. She landed lightly in the dark room. Although she could see desks and such.

"Where are we?" She whispered to Lana.

"I'm assuming a storage room," Lana said under her breath. She slunk around the room with catlike ability, eyes glowing a vibrant green. She slit open a few boxes and found nothing of use or knowledge, but did locate a box cutter by a pile of empty cardboard boxes. It slid into her pocket, and she gave the room one final scan. "You don't see anything useful, do you?" she asked, heading towards the door.

Just as Lana was approaching, the door handle jiggled. "****!" she muttered. Her first instinct was to crawl under a desk, and that was just what she did. It was one in the corner, surrounded by boxes. Damn, she thought. I hope Rain hides herself. She breathed out of her mouth and not her nose in order to silence herself as much as possible, and swore she must've looked like an idiot doing so.

Rain's eyes widened. She flipped back like a gymnast, landing on a bookshelf. She hunkered down. Her eyes focused on the handle. Her wings began to raise up defensively. My gun! Her hand went to her gun.

((Last post for tonight. Night.))

She waited for Lana go through, then went through herself. She slid slowly at first, then scooted until she could fall through. She bent her legs as she landed, so that her legs wouldn't get hurt. The noise it made was a lot louder than she wanted it to be. It hopefully wasn't too loud, she really didn't want to meet anyone.

Looking around, the room wasn't spacious, but wasn't narrow either. It was actually hard to see much, but the small amount of light from where ever let her be able to see the walls, floor, Lana and Rain, and a couple boxes. She hoped her glasses didn't reflect any light, it'd give away their position. Lana's eyes were glowing green, which probably won't help them not be discovered.

Roxy was clenching her hands. When did I do that? She hadn't even noticed until now. Her palms felt sweaty, and her nails were digging into her skin. She unclenched them. Her nose tingled and scratched it.

Roxy couldn't smell anything, the air smelled as normal as you could probably get in a building. She is in a medical building, weird as it may be, it's probably a really sterile environment.

She listened carefully, she couldn't hear anything other than her own breathing. The silence and darkness attempted to calm her, but she knew better than to get comfortable, she needs to stay alert.

But then she heard the sound of a doorknob twisting and she panicked. Roxy just kind of slunk away from the center of the room and crouched down behind a box. She could see Rain on a bookshelf, and Lana under a desk.