Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Seth shook his head. "It's alright. We're almost there anyway."

Rain looked up at Ben. She could feel him looking around. "You alright?"

(( T.T So.... Short....))

Benjamin nodded slowly. "Yeah," he answered, looking over at her. "I just feel like I'm the only one in this vehicle who hasn't had a troubled childhood. I mean, you guys ended up great, maybe even better people than me, even though I kinda had a headstart." He smirked and glanced down at his phone. "Turn right on Benson Avenue and we'll see it on the left," he called up to Seth, turning his phone on silent. The nerves began to set in. We're going to do this.

Rain laughed. "It's amazing how people can bounce back. His," she said, nodding her head to Seth. "Had one worse than my own. And he, is way more peppy than I am."

Seth turned onto the street. He pulled into the curb and turned the key in the ignition. "Well, here we are."

Rain checked for her gun. Earlier, she thought she'd left it at the house, but there it was, on her hip. She smiled.

Lana tried to calm herself with breathing exercises, but her breath was still shaky and her nerves frail. Sure wish I hadn't tossed that stress ball, she thought to herself as she opened her door and slid out of the van. She pulled her cigarettes out of her pajama pants pocket and tossed them on her seat, but kept her lighter and her pocketknife, just in case. She crossed her arms and looked up at the sky, wondering what the outcome of this psychotic adventure would be.

"Are you alright, Lana?" Benjamin had appeared at her side and rested a heavy hand on her shoulder. "You're gonna be fine, and we're going to rescue Vita, alright?" He smiled dryly at her. Lana nodded in response, then waved to Rain. "You should be with her, she said quietly.

"Rain doesn't need me," Benjamin replied with a small chuckle. "She's strong."

"That's not what I meant," Lana replied, rolling her eyes. "I meant you're unarmed and she is, and you probably shouldn't be caught alone."

Benjamin scoffed at her and waved her away. "I'm perfectly strong!" he insisted, walking back towards Rain.

"So, give me like five minutes," Lana announced. "I'll think of a plan."

((FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:

-in conflict/battle scenes, each RPer is allowed one major NPC, but other small figures are allowed

-OP is the only person allowed to deem battles over {not referring to individual fights}

-OP's characters are leaders in most situation, unless deemed otherwise

-difficulty of battles is determined by whomever has set the scene {in this case, LLD}

-if you get behind in the RP, pick up just as if you weren't, but remember, no powerplaying/godmodding

Thank you! :3))

The building looked deserted for the most part, not many vehicles out side and not many people around either. It looked like to be just another small clinic on the out side, The lobby as well, the normal row of waiting seats and a desk with a clerk and a secretary behind it. The clerk looked up as a unknown vehicle pulled in and seemingly a group of kids got out. He shrugged maybe one of them had a condition or something.

Vita sat in his cell and waited. He could hardly walk now as each step felt like someone was stabbing his knees.... but... on the other side. It made little sense unless.... he felt the under side of the knee zone and found.... 2 connections? He paused and rubbed it some more.... yeah 2 connections. He sat up looking at his legs, his eye's stung as well. Who knew this stuff hurt.

((Right now, I think till they get to Vita Lana is the main person on the move sort of thing. As for fight difficulty's, The group is very lightly armed from what I understand. The place is armed to deal with rampant mutants. So engaging in a fight could render you captured very fast. Snaking is the best course of action. However you can't just run past as each post has 2 guards who will not leave too far, Finding hiding places like closets and other holes will delay them finding you, you must go from hiding spot to hiding spot, once one is spotted the longer it goes the harder it will get. I won't blame the group if they get to Vita and just book it out of there ect lol))

Edited by little lost dragon

Fina looked up. Oh hey, it was the idiots from yesterday. They seemed to have made a few new friends. Fina hid behind a wall and looked over at them. She was in the shadows, so they couldn't exactly see her. Fina bit her tongue as she stared at the group. What exactly were the planning to do? Well whatever it was, Fina wanted to see. It wasn't like she had anything better to do.

((OOC: You can count on Fina being useful. She's use to sneaking around and moving around quietly.))

((Bwahaha. Time to awakwen new stuff.))

Rain moved with the group, her gun in her hand and off safety. Adrenaline coursed through her. A sudden wave of pain rolled through her head. She gasped and reached a hand to her head. Her gem glowed brightly.

She shook her head, and the pain faded away, bewildering Rain.

Seth strolled along, moving as the group did. He began to grow serious. A definant change from his usually cheery mood.

Lana stopped suddenly and turned to Seth. "I noticed a wetsuit in your van in rather mint condition. Tags still on, I believe," she said to him. "So if you agree to it, we'll fake it as delivery guys to get in."

"You're wearing pajamas," Benjamin pointed out.

Lana frowned. "Fine. Benjamin and Seth, you're delivery guys. Just distract them enough so that Rain and I can destroy their radios and hinder them unconscious." She scratched her head for a moment. "When we get in there, can you disable the lights?" she asked Benjamin.

He shrugged. "Probably," he replied. "Only by hallway though."

"That's fine," Lana said. Her gem heated her chest and beat steadily.

She felt a small jolt as the van came to a stop. They had arrived at the lab.

Roxy got out of the van with the others and moved along as they did. She wasn't sure what to expect at the place, and to be honest, wasn't sure if she was ready for a fight. Roxy had almost always thought she'd be able to handle a fight, even though she's never been in one. But if these people had guns, she probably wouldn't be able to do much.

She saw Rain had a gun, and felt a little better, but not by much. Her stomach was feeling as though it was sinking. She hated that feeling, but at the same time it made her feel light, as though she could fly. Ever since she was young, she's always wanted to fly. Thinking about it made her feel better. Her body felt light, as though she was floating.

It must be my imagination, she thought. She has a very strong imagination, but could rarely get it down though writing or drawing. It was odd, she could often imagine herself as though an animal. What's up with that? How do I get from thinking about being scared to imagination?

Roxy then reminded herself about why she was here, and the sinking feeling returned.

((Gtg soon, short post.))

Seth frowned, disappointed. "We better be getting that back. It's a Bodyglove."

Rain snickered at Seth.

Benjamin shook his head at Seth. "Don't worry man," he insisted. "I'll replace it if anything happens." He winced. That was the first time Benjamin had ever really offered financial help to anyone, despite his hoards of money. He smiled dryly at Seth, then turned to Rain and put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you ready for this?" he asked under his breath. "You look unwell."

Lana maintained her dignified and authoritative expression. She looked at the building, taking in its entirety. It was large, but rather bland, as one might expect a laboratory to be. Still, the lack of character gave her the chills, and she hated it. With a smirk, she turned to Roxy. "I'm sorry we dragged you along with us," she said rather coldly, even though her intention was to be sympathetic. "If you still want to help out...stay with me and watch my back." She looked around at the area immediately around her and spotted a piece of scrap metal. She snatched it off the ground and tried to bend it, but it held firm. With a satisfied sigh, Lana handed the metal to Roxy. "Sorry. This is the best I've got."

Seth grinned. "Sweet man, thanks." He returned his attention to Lana. He grinned and walked over to her. "You're quite sexy when you're serious." He snickered and danced away before she could get a chance to hit him.

Rain looked up at Ben. Her eyes had a hard time focusing on his face. She couldn't make out the details. I can't where glasses. she mentally groaned. "Yeah.. I'm um, fine." Rain looked past Ben. Her vision became painfully sharp and in focus. What the hell is going on?

When Rain looked back to Ben, she could see him clearly once again. Weird...

Lana's eyes widened at Seth's remark. She spun around and glared at him. "And what do you intend to do after we get in the building?" she interrogated, folding her arms across her chest. "Being useless isn't an option, sorry." She gave him a forced smile, but couldn't help the piece of her underneath her tough shell that was flattered. She swear she blushed, so she turned around quickly so he wouldn't see.

Benjamin looked more closely at Rain. In her despair, he noticed her pupils dilating and shrinking rapidly, even changing... shape? He shook his head and squeezed the bridge of his nose with a heavy sigh. "You're freaking me out Rain," he said. "Try not to pull any of this weird stuff in there, okay?" A concerned smirk crossed his face, and he reached down to squeeze her hand.

The clerk started to wonder what the kids where up to seeing them look at the place talking a lot but not enter. He got out his radio group of kids out side, going to find out whats going on." he said into it heading for the door. He poked his head out the door "You kids need anything?" he asked "Lost? Hurt?" he asked looking at them all. The sun glaring down on the area "Recently got some vandalism fixed, if where on the look out in case the ones responsible return." he said looking at each one of them.

The secritary continued to type away at her computer not really paying much attention.

Rain grinned at Ben. "I have no clue what's going on with myself either."

"But I'll try." As the man came out, she quickly concealed her gun. Adrenaline dumped again, and Rain had to hold back to keep from taking out the man right away, and blowing their cover. Rain beams aware of another burning sensation of pain. This time, between her shoulder blades.

The hell?! Why now?

Seth chuckled. "Kill some people, and rescue your friend." As she turned, Seth himself blushed a bit. He cleared his throat and looked to Rain. His smile faded as Rain seemed to be distraught. Her eyes... Were seeming to change shape. Are those... Cat eyes? Seth was about to ask, when a man walked out from the building.

Who's this quack? Seth wondered.

"No, we are actually here... On a field trip." Rain called, stepping forward towards the man. Seth looked at Rain. Really? A field trip? You couldn't think of anything better?

Rain smiled warmly at the man. "We're from the local collage. We are majoring in biology. So, we figured we come down and try going into the field."

Seth rolled his eyes at Rain. "I'm hot, can we go in now?"

The clerk unfortunately heard Seth's killing and rescue comment and looked right at him. "I'm sorry where not open to on the fly tours today." he said before closing the door and was on his radio right away. The secretary looked through the glass at them eye's looking each one over.

"Looks like your friends from a while ago have come to rescue you subject 28. We recognize 3 of your friends and they've brought a few others. Know they will be kept safe in similar cells to your own and will contribute to the cause." the voice said in Vita's cell. "Dam it." he muttered.

Rain frowned. Her eyes sharpened and she saw, very clearly, the man talking into his radio. She was beginning to like this vision. "I'm no lip reader, but I'm pretty sure we've been found out."

Seth sighed. "Your plan sucked." He mumbled to Rain.

"Like you had a better one?"

"Sure."

Rain growled and shook her head. "Nevermind. We need to move."

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((*shirks* LLD, your comment is a bit abrasive.

Doctortear, just catch sight of Rain and Lana now))

Lana slapped her forehead. "Rain," she muttered, shaking her head. "I was just going to tell them our van stalled out and we'd be on our way soon." She sighed and looked over at Benjamin and Seth. "You two, go knock on the entrance and offer up that wetsuit. They won't believe you, but it'll be enough of a distraction. Rain, come with me. We're scaling the building." She grabbed the girl by her forearm and ran her out of the window's sight, then stopped to let her know what to do.

"Okay," Lana said breathlessly. "Don't be loud, stay out of sight, and if you're seen, kill." She propped herself up with her hands on her hips, preparing herself.

Rain grinned. "Sorry." She followed Lana. "Kill? I like the sound of that." Rain's smile grew.

Seth nodded and went to grab his wetsuit. He appeared again a few moments later carrying the box. "It was just shipped in yesterday." He said sighing.

((Sorry, I just don't want this to be a set up you'd find in a kids book. That bores me a lot. Much better when its a challenge for the good guys.

Remember guys, there not going to be push overs, now they know there's odd activity going on out side there complexe. Seth more or less gave it away with that one line. Considering the nature of the place..... its going to be taken pretty seriously when otherwise it might of been blown off ect.

My current hints is this, Think out side the box of the norm. Your not going to find a window, door ect left unchecked here. Where could you sneak in that rarely is ever monitored?

Good luck))

((OOC: Yeah, sorry about that. It's just I have no idea on what to do with these characters. I would like Fina to interact with the group, but that clashes with her personality. I've actually been thinking about leaving this RP since it feels like every post I make is a chore instead of being actually fun. So forgive me if I do something stupid and surreal in a post. It's because all of my creativity for these characters is nonexistent.))

Fina bit her lip. She wanted to know what was going on, but she didn't want to talk with that jerk from earlier. Sighing, Fina leaned back against the wall of the building. Today wasn't the best of days.

Benjamin smiled sympathetically at him. Even though he wasn't Seth's biggest fan, he did feel for the guy. He remembered the time he was nine and his nanny grounded him from his telescope, and how miserable that was. He couldn't imagine how Seth felt, having to give up something he'd probably worked so hard for. "Don't worry," Benjamin repeated. "My dad can get you hooked up with any surf equipment you could ever imagine. This means a lot to us." He walked to the front door of the laboratory and rapped on it with his fist.

((LLD here?))

Lana approached the side of the building hesitantly. She inhaled deeply, eyes closed, then exhaled and turned her head back towards Rain. Giving the girl a smirk, she grappled the rocky wall as best she could with a hand and pulled herself up. Once she found footholds, she felt a sudden burst of power. Cavk mo if. The words she uttered were foreign to her, yet felt so instinctual and proper, and she scaled the side of the building in minutes.

Edited by Lila

The secritary looked up and her lips moved and the clerk looked over and walked over again and paused looking around before opening the door only enough to talk "Where's your friend?" he asked not seeing Lana "I said where not open to tours right now," he said before waiting for a response. His eye's darting over the ones he could see right now.

((Dang it, stupid internet wouldn't work, and now I had to type this again, 'cause I missed a bit! *is angry* Uh, also, I, uh... Let's say that Roxy went with Lana and Rain. Okay? plz.))

Roxy watched as Lana climbed the wall with ease. She was shocked. Despite her personality, she didn't seen like she could do that. Roxy was pretty sure that she couldn't. Even though she tried really hard, she never could climb those rock walls at carnivals and events, and she highly doubts she could even get a foot up this wall, even though it was quite rocky.

((text... Y U SO SHORT?))