Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

"Lana and Rain?" Roxy wasn't exactly sure who they were, but she assumed they were the two girls he was standing close to a bit ago.

She looked over back to there. One of them was talking to a person she assumed was a musician, who had a group of other musicians behind him.

The other girl was eating a plate of eggs. Since the other was busy having a conversation with the musician, she decided to go talk to the girl eating eggs.

She felt kind of awkward approaching the booth, but it seemed to be a bit easier when she had actually gotten there. She did realize her necklace was being very sparkly, but choose to ignore it.

However, when she had actually opened her mouth to speak, she realized how weird the conversation could be. What was she going to say? 'Hi my name is Roxy and the guy named Benjamin over there told me I had dragon's blood, and you do too. What should I do about it?' That would be weird.

"Oh, uh, hi. My name is Roxy. Do you believe in dragons?

((Still here just.... waiting for more progress to happen before I post with Vita. RP times and all.))

Lana walked up to the table just as another girl had approached Rain. She caught the word "dragons" and noticed a glowing necklace hung around her neck, and her eyes lit up. But I can't try to convince her of anything, she thought to herself. I'll just end up scaring her off like I did Fina. Despite her premonitions, she decided to speak up. "Did you say something about dragons?" she asked, hoping she wouldn't startle the girl too much.

Benjamin returned to the table as well, taken aback at Roxy's reaction. She had jumped right in, no hesitation, nothing. But maybe she didn't trust him, and wanted proof from Rain or Lana. "Rain, Lana," he said hesitantly, motioning to Roxy. "This is Roxy. Roxy, these are the two I was telling you about just a moment ago." He shot her a look of warning, but figured she wouldn't listen anyway.

When was Aidan getting back? Fina sighed as she laid alone on the couch. There was nothing to do! Why wasn't she allowed to go outside? Oh, that's right. Aidan wanted her to look for possible jobs and Fina didn't generally like people. The outside was full of people. Puffing her cheeks Fina yawned and kicked a pillow near her foot. Why did life have to be so boring?

Rain waved a hand, standing and pulling her necklace out from underneath her shirt. "I'm Rain, that's Lana." She pointed over at Lana. Rain scooted over a bit, giving room for Ben to sit and Roxy room to sit next to Lana. Lana knew more about their origins than she did anyways.

Benjamin glanced over at Rain hesitantly. Why did he feel so...giddy when he was near her? He averted his eyes away from her, hoping it hadn't appeared like he was staring. "Lana and Rain have similar necklaces to yours, Roxy," he iterated, looking over at Lana. She looked completely disheveled and detached from the situation, and didn't react at all how he had expected her to. In fact, she didn't even react.

Rain frowned, seeing Lana lost in her own world.

"Hey uh, Ben, care to step out with me?" She smiled weakly, rising to her feet.

((I know, short post...))

Benjamin cocked an eyebrow. "Uhm, yea, sure," he answered hesitantly, sliding out of his chair. He glanced over at Roxy and Lana. "Lana, will you give her the 411?" Lana shrugged, not making eye contact. She folded her arms over the table and her head fell into them as she let out a heavy sigh. Benjamin rolled his eyes, then gently took Rain by the forearm and led her away from the table.

"What's up?"

"What the hell is wrong with Lana? It's as if... Seeing Vita's picture threw her... Wherever she is." Rain's eyes were full of concern. "It's just... She..." Rain sighed. Her hand went to her forehead as though she was checking her temperature. She swayed, then began to pace. She took a few steps forward, then turned on heel and repeated the process.

((

It's still a WIP...

Name: Seth

Human/Hero: Hero

Appearance:

-Eyes: Icy Blue

-Hair: A dark brown at the roots, then turns to blonde almost right away. It falls to the middle of his neck.

-Skin: Tan

-Height: 5'9"

-Weight: 120 lbs

-Build: Built

-Clothes:

•Black T-shirt

•Jeans

•Vans

*His ridges are barely noticeable.

Personality: Seth is very relaxed. He's quite the joker as well. Seth is your true Cali. Surfer boy. He's loose, and often is the one to keep the cool of a group. Although he seems goofy and immature, he's quite smart, and well, mature. In a serious situation, he's the one to fight with a smile, taunting enemies even. He goes with the flow.

When he's needed, and censorkip.gif is about to hit the fan, Seth is all business. The funny facade disappears, and he's out for blood. He has a rather, dank, past. He has a dark side, and though it rarely rears its ugly head, it's there.

In short, he's a funny guy, hiding his dark past. He's chosen to just move on.

Mostly anyway.

Biography: Seth was abused as a child. His mother was a crack addict, and his father a junkie. They were both often either high or drunk. They would beat him without warning at times. This had gone on for years. Until the one point when Seth snapped, and killed his parents.

They were scum, and deserved to die. His father, was a rapist, a petafile. And because his wife was always high, she never even knew, nor would've cared if she'd known. His father had abused many girls and eventually killed them. His mother was guilty to of a few deaths over drugs.

Seth had been to afraid to confess. They'd constantly threatened beatings, or even death. Although they still beat him daily. He always seemed to have a black eye, claiming he'd fallen down the stairs. Or a gash across his arm, he'd make up an excuse saying he cut it while sawing wood. When really, his own mother tried to stab him.

This brings us to the point, where Seth, now at the age of fifteen, snapped, and killed his parents. No one missed them.

Seth left his home in Northern California, traveling south. He'd stayed with a friendly surfer, whom of which became his fatherly idol. Cody (Age 42), Seth's fatherly model, taught him how to surf. As well as gave him a home, and home schooled Seth. Seth had told Cody what'd had happened. And Cody had replied with, "Thats in the past. You're here now. And here and the future is all that counts now." Seth keeps this to his heart, to this day.

Now sixteen, Seth had gotten a job, and continued surfing with Cody. He became laid back, and cool, as he is today.

One day, Seth had awoken from a vivid dream. It had awoken something inside him.

His Dragon Blood.

As he explained to Cody what'd happened, the man had only smiled. "Let your soul lead."

Seth left later that day, making his way to Dragones, CA.

As a gift for his 16th birthday, Cody had gotten Seth his own car. Which he'd used to travel to Dragones. He'd also brought along his surf board.

Now Seth has lived in Dragones for about half a year. He's gotten a job, and a phone, as well as a small apartment. He keeps in contact with Cody still, also.

Other: He hasn't met the mysterious man yet.

He also doesn't know about his Dragon Blood, at all. Though it was passed down from his grandfather, and through his mother (It skipped his mother).

He surfs everyday.

Thats Seth for you. xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"I don't think Lana should be your number one concern right now," Benjamin said, putting a hand on Rain's shoulder to steady her. He dipped his head down to make eye contact with her, then gave her a small, concerned smile. "Are you alright? You don't look too hot. I mean, you look good, but you look sick." He forced himself to hold his concerned expression in place despite the extremely embarrassing thing that he had just uttered.

Rain looked up, she smiled weakly at Ben. She picked up on his blush, yet choose to act as though she didn't see it. She was a bit in disarray. "I'm... Ok." She sighed, leaning against the wall of a booth. "I just... Why? Why am I all worked up?" She laughed nervously.

"You can't say this isn't an overwhelming situation," Benjamin replied, settling on the wall next to her with a sigh. "You're doing better than Lana over there, anyway." He motioned to the girl, who was holding the back of her head as she rested it on the table, completely disregarding the person next to her. He chuckled a bit, despite his sympathy for her place in the situation. "You know, I thought Lana was a censorkip.gif* when I first laid eyes on her," he told Rain, crossing his arms, "but I think I've warmed up to her a little bit. She's really passionate about what she's after."

Rain smiled. She looked at Ben with a smile. "It seems you have. When I first met you two, you were going at it like alley cats." She laughed at her own comparison. "But yes," Rain said, becoming once again serious. "She's very... Passionate about Vita." Rain smiled weakly again. She envied Lana. The thought of someone loving another, well, was quite beautiful. Rain taking a step back and looking at herself, had long ago determined, that she was not that type. She was to serious, and well, hated to be hurt, and let down. She wouldn't allow herself to grow close to anyone, for fear they'd hurt her.

She couldn't let anyone in.

She couldn't trust anyone but herself.

Rain began to become the Rain she'd been when she'd first encountered the group.

The hard ass, the weary.

Now stepping back again, Rain was surprised at how she'd changed, in the course of about two days.

How?

Perhaps it was the feeling that she wasn't alone. Lana bore the same ridges as she did.

Maybe... It was Ben.

You have no time for silly crushes. It just wouldn't work. You know that. Rain repeated to herself. She sighed, folding her arms.

She'd decided, that she'd open up to these people. To Lana, and Ben. She'd take the chance of being hurt. Deep down, Rain had a feeling that she wouldn't regret her choice.

Thinking that she'd heard someone say something, she looked up. "Sorry, what was that? I kind of spaced. I'm still... Tired is all." She rubbed her brow and looked to Ben.

Benjamin shook his head. "I didn't say anything," he answered. "You seem off today." Maybe she's not a morning person. Regardless of that, though, she just seemed to be switching between several different attitudes at a very uncomfortable pace. He smirked at looked out at the light traffic, then at his feet. "Did you know that dragons have rapid skin cell division rates, which explains the superhuman speed at which heroes heal from lacerations?" he mentioned, looking back up at Rain. "But other tissues, like muscle and organs, they don't heal as quickly. So deep cuts will still do as much damage, if not more."

Rain nodded. "Yeah, I feel off. I think I need coffee." She laughed lightly. As Ben began talking about how the Heros heal so quickly. "Why, someone has been reading up on their Dragon Bloods."

She smiled warmly at him. Gently lifting his chin so he met her eyes.

Rain's gem grew warm. It glowed brightly as it picked up her emotions. She pulled away shyly, now self conscious of her appearance.

She still wore stained and ripped jeans, as well as shoes that were falling apart. Her hair seemed as though it'd been in a hurricane. Dark circles were also prominent under her eyes.

God... I probably look like crap...

(( Seth-

Name: Seth

Human/Hero: Hero

Appearance:

-Eyes: Icy Blue

-Hair: A dark brown at the roots, then turns to blonde almost right away. It falls to the middle of his neck.

-Skin: Tan

-Height: 5'9"

-Weight: 120 lbs

-Build: Built

-Clothes:

•White Surfer shirt

•Swim trunks

•Vans

*His ridges are barely noticeable.

Personality: Seth is very relaxed. He's quite the joker as well. Seth is your true Cali. Surfer boy. He's loose, and often is the one to keep the cool of a group. Although he seems goofy and immature, he's quite smart, and well, mature. In a serious situation, he's the one to fight with a smile, taunting enemies even. He goes with the flow.

When he's needed, and censorkip.gif is about to hit the fan, Seth is all business. The funny facade disappears, and he's out for blood. He has a rather, dank, past. He has a dark side, and though it rarely rears its ugly head, it's there.

In short, he's a funny guy, hiding his dark past. He's chosen to just move on.

Mostly anyway.

Biography: Seth was abused as a child. His mother was a crack addict, and his father a junkie. They were both often either high or drunk. They would beat him without warning at times. This had gone on for years. Until the one point when Seth snapped, and killed his parents.

They were scum, and deserved to die. His father, was a rapist, a petafile. And because his wife was always high, she never even knew, nor would've cared if she'd known. His father had abused many girls and eventually killed them. His mother was guilty to of a few deaths over drugs.

Seth had been to afraid to confess. They'd constantly threatened beatings, or even death. Although they still beat him daily. He always seemed to have a black eye, claiming he'd fallen down the stairs. Or a gash across his arm, he'd make up an excuse saying he cut it while sawing wood. When really, his own mother tried to stab him.

This brings us to the point, where Seth, now at the age of fifteen, snapped, and killed his parents. No one missed them.

Seth left his home in Northern California, traveling south. He'd stayed with a friendly surfer, whom of which became his fatherly idol. Cody (Age 42), Seth's fatherly model, taught him how to surf. As well as gave him a home, and home schooled Seth. Seth had told Cody what'd had happened. And Cody had replied with, "Thats in the past. You're here now. And here and the future is all that counts now." Seth keeps this to his heart, to this day.

Now sixteen, Seth had gotten a job, and continued surfing with Cody. He became laid back, and cool, as he is today.

One day, Seth had awoken from a vivid dream. It had awoken something inside him.

His Dragon Blood.

As he explained to Cody what'd happened, the man had only smiled. "Let your soul lead."

Seth left later that day, making his way to Dragones, CA.

As a gift for his 16th birthday, Cody had gotten Seth his own car. Which he'd used to travel to Dragones. He'd also brought along his surf board.

Now Seth has lived in Dragones for about half a year. He's gotten a job, and a phone, as well as a small apartment. He keeps in contact with Cody still, also.

Other: He hasn't met the mysterious man yet.

He also doesn't know about his Dragon Blood, at all. Though it was passed down from his grandfather, and through his mother (It skipped his mother).

He surfs everyday.

Thats Seth for you. xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Yeah, I stayed up for a little bit last night doing some research on my phone," Benjamin said, trailing off as Rain looked away. He smirked at her insecurity. Why is she worried? None of us have had a shower or a chance to change into clean clothes. "Let me buy you a cup of coffee," he said. "We have a long day ahead of us, anyway."

((I'm gonna crash in a few. I've got work in five hours ;D))

Edited by Lila

Rain smiled and nodded. "That'd be great, thanks." She nodded her head, using her core to push from the wall and stand up straight.

((BRAIN BLOCK. I'm going to start Seth off... Assuming he's accepted.))

Seth opened his eyes. He was a bit disoriented for a moment, but quickly regained himself. He stretched and yawned, looking at his watch.

"Man, I slept in late. What is it, Sunday? Eh, no work. What's it matter?" He threw back the covers on his small bed, sitting on the edge with his feet on the floor for a moment. He shook his head, trying to wake up. Then Seth stood, having a bit of trobule keeping his balance for the first few seconds. "Well then."

Seth stilled over to his closet, growing on a white swim shirt, marked by Bodyglove. He slipped on trunks, after removing his boxers. Then he shuffled to the kitchen, switching on his pathetic TV; switching straight to the weather channel for the surf report. He poured some ceral in a bowl, and splashed some milk in. Seth settled down at the small round table, his eyes on the TV as he ate.

"The rain from yesterday..."

"Damn." He mumbled. Rain meant that all the crap in sewers and streets had washed into the ocean, making it unsafe to swim in. "There goes surfing today." He sighed and switched of the TV, staring off into space, transfixed by the light coming in from the window. He blinked, and looked down, seeing how bowl was empty. Now his hunger satisfied, he set the bowl in the sink, and walked over to grab his Vans. They were second hand, yet virtually brand new. Grabbing his keys, he opened his door and walked into the small hallway. The smell of salt greeted him and he smiled, turning and locking his door. "Where to now?" He asked himself, walking downstairs to the ground level.

Benjamin smiled at Rain, walking her up to the counter. "Newman, can I get a cup of coffee for this lovely lady?" he called. The butcher nodded and filled a mug with black coffee, then slid it over to Ben. "Have a free one," he said. "I'd hate for your chivalry to go unrewarded. Benjamin grinned and picked up the coffee, then turned to Rain. "Could I interest you in some caffeine?"

Rain grinned, taking the coffee. "Yes, why thank you kind sir." She took a sip. "Needs... Sugar." She laughed and looked around. "Sugar?"

((Timeskip so they are outside?...))

Seth sighed as he got in his car. He'd got the diner. Maybe, there was a open shift he could fill.

He opened the door, and the bell tinkled, alerting the crew another possible customer had walked in. "My, my, you're quite busy today, Liane."

"No kidding, you here for a table?"

"Nope, here to help."

"Thank god. Alright, go change. Tables 6, 8, and... 2, needs to be checked and cleared."

Seth nodded. "Will do. And Liane,"

"Yeah?" Liane turned. Her hair was frazzled as she went through the morning rush.

"Take it easy. Relax. Go with the flow."

"Not everyone can be as laid back as you, Seth." Liane turned with a smile.

Seth smirked and made his way back to the kitchen. He stopped, his eye catching a rather upset girl. He frowned. I'll check it out in a minute...

Seth walked into the kitchen. He put down his keys in a cubby, and pulled out an apron. "Man I should have changed my actual clothes first. Eh, oh well." He picked up a bin, and grabbed the three waiting checks.

Vita walked around the room wincing but was looking for a way out. His eye's where aching his knees felt like someone was kicking him at times as he walked. He had no more skin now that he knew of. "I knew I wanted to be one but nothing said this much would happen." he muttered feeling the wall where he kept seeing the door show up. But to the scales on his hands the seal seemed perfect. They kept showing up taking blood tests testing his state even cutting him at times just to see how fast he'd heal.

((Sorry for not posting earlier, I had a really busy day yesterday))

Before she could've sat down, Rain got up and went outside with Benjamin. So Roxy sat down in the booth and looked at Lana. She had her head in her arms.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "But... what are we?"

She was confused. So the guy at she met yesterday knows people who are similar to her psychically, and also had necklaces that glowed?

Is this some elaborate prank? Am I on one of those obscure TV shows? she thought. But... even if it is, what's the harm?

Seth had taken care of the tables. The morning rush was slowing. Seth slumped down in an empty booth. "Jeeze." He rubbed his brow. Looking up, he saw the girl again. Seth stood and strolled over to her. "Hey, you don't look so good." Seth said with a peppy smile. He nodded to Roxy, winking at her.

"Care to, uh, tell me what's wrong?" He sat down across from Lana.

Seth actually looked at Lana, taking her in. She was... pretty. Seth's expression hadn't changed. Although his eyes had taken a new shine.

Lana glanced up at the man who had sat across from her. Normally, she'd ignore him or snap back with a bitter comment to get him to leave, but at this point she was too defeated to care. "I'm a freak to society facing my ominous destiny and my friend has been kidnapped and mutilated and it's up to me to save him." She finished her sentence with a curt smile. Lana always let her candid self show more to strangers than those she was close to, which she personally was puzzled by.

Seth grinned. "Sounds great." He extended his hand. "I'm Seth."

He looked at Lana, "You said you're a freak to society? You look fine to me."

He smiled warmly. A shadow in the corner of his eye caught his attention.

Rain walked along the outside of the diner with Ben. "This is nice." She said smiling at the ground.

((Meh, brain block. xd.png ))

"If you're trying to flirt with me, you're doing so very uncomfortably," Lana replied with a small chuckle. "But I do think you have nice arms. Do you surf? You look familiar." She chuckled in spite of herself. Was someone seriously hitting on her now? She tucked a fallen strand of her hair behind her ear and leaned forward to eye him closer.

"It is," Benjamin replied. He smiled at Rain. It was strange how much more open she was now than when they had met. What had changed? Was it the circumstances that had made her act this way? That didn't make sense though. It had to be something else. But what? He noticed a strange man across from Lana. "Hey, Rain? Who is that?"