Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

Vita grimaced as the Van took off hands on either side of him in a effort to stop him self from rocking too much. though his ears rang when Rain started to fire her gun making him put his hands over his ears. This was going to be one painful ride at this rate. Seat belt and all, did not keep the legs from shifting at every turn and Rains gun really really loud to him.

Seth got onto the highway. The road became very crowded and busy. Seth swerved in and out of traffic trying to loose the persuers. Rain nearly tumbled out of the back. " GOD censorkip.gif IT! DRIVE STRAIGHTER YOU DUMB censorkip.gif ."

Rain could no longer shoot without hitting innocent people. Sweat dripped down her forehead. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a blue bandana. Rain tied it around her forehead.

Seth drove like a mad man. The van swayed in and out of the traffic. A siren whooped. Rain turned and saw lights flashing behind them. "Uh, we have a problem guys."

Vita gritted his teeth as he tried to just go with everything that was happening. He very much disliked the adrenalin surge this was giving him making his heart feel like it was going to bust out of his chest. Then he heard the siren and groaned "Normally this would be a good thing, nothing to hide let them search but then they'd find me..... not something I want to happen." he muttered most likely to him self.

"You're an idiot, Seth," Lana muttered, squeezing the bridge of her nose. "Keep driving. If you can, get on 20 west and head towards the coast." She rolled down her window and stuck her head out, eyeing the cop. Her necklace glowed brightly, almost burning her chest. The smell of burning rubber filled her nose and stung her eyes, and within time... Pop! The front left tire blew out, sending the patrol into a 360. Lana took her place back in her seat and rolled her window up.

Benjamin froze in his seat as the events unrolled. Never in his life would he have thought that he'd be in a high speed chase with a mutant sitting in front of him. In that moment, the occurred to him: I'm the only human. He looked over at Vita, who appeared to be in more pain than anyone else. "How you holding up, man?" he asked loudly, trying to keep himself occupied.

Vita opened an eye to look at Benjamin "Feels like there putting me through another test." he said loud enough for Ben to hear "Hurts like heck in the legs and every things very loud." he admitted as the the chase continued. The armored Vans a ways back but some closing fast driving on the side walks to avoid the traffic. Some gun fire sounded and the window by Vita seemed to shatter though the angle resulted in no one being hit. Vita hunched over to hide his face from the out side letting out a groan of pain

Roxy closed her eyes tight. She'd never been chased by the police in her life. She felt a rush, of excitement or fear, she didn't know. She could feel anger burning deep inside her, and she didn't know why. It wasn't too had to make her angry, but she almost always knew why. Roxy let out a heavy breath. She needs to keep level headed just... Just in case something happens.

She heard Vita groan. Looking over, she saw that he was hunched over under the window. He must be trying to not let people see him.

"Are you okay?"

Vita nodded a little "I'll survive." he said not liking the chase at all. Out of one hell and into another right now. Seth's driving being very painful on his legs the sounds hurting his ears and having to stay hunched over to keep his face and scales hidden. It was not fun "Go on a date and the next day I'm in a high speed chance with gun fire and I've been mutated..... feels like a movie or something." he admitted

Seth nodded, checking his rear view mirror once more. "Hey uh, Lana, you um, made that cruiser spin out of control." Seth switched his blinker on, cutting across traffic. He took the off ramp.

Rain watched bemused as the chaos continued to unfold. "I need a semi auto. An AK has a nice ring to it..." She crawled back over the seat, taking her spot beside Ben once more. She adjusted her bandana, pulling it off momentarily. She pulled out the braid she wore, and unwove her hair. This was the first time she'd taken her hair out in over a week. "I need a shower in the worst way." She mumbled to herself. Rain began to weave the strands of her hair again, before finally tying the end with a black hair tie. She replaced the bandana, pulling it down over her eyes. "If any of you wake me you better be dying or being attacked." She sighed and began to doze almost instantaneously.

Jxaoct m0 fuhk0. Lana's eyes shot open again as the words escaped her lips. She turned to Seth. "Try to keep distance from them," she said. "We should be safe long enough to get to the coast, then we'll go from there, I suppose." She leaned her head against the back of the seat with a groan. Her head had begun to ache, and she wished she had painkillers on her. She usually always kept a bottle with her, but she hadn't thought about it when they left this morning. She wanted to smoke her cigarettes as well, but had left her lighter at the building in the midst of the madness.

Benjamin watched as Rain's hair fell down her back, then snaked back into a braid. He had never noticed how long it really was, probably because it had been up this entire time. She mentioned needing a shower, but he really hadn't even noticed, and wondered if it really troubled her to be dirty. He put his arm back over her shoulders and tipped her over so she could sleep in his lap more comfortably than on the side of the van and sighed.

Name: Vash

Human/Hero: Human

Appearance: Vash is tiny by any standards, only standing at 4'9" but she is definitely not a 'little person' she simply drew the short end of the stick so to speak. She has a very pale complexion, long and thick raven black hair and eyes that are the prettiest of blue and almost crystalline in their appearance. She appears younger than she looks, something about her gene's makes her barely pass for 18 and that's when she plows on the make up and adds a pair of heels otherwise she looks like she is about 16 on a good day. She dresses often in darker clothing and her friends.. the few she had, always considered her Gothic in school but she doesn't like titles.

Personality: Vash is highly intelligent but unbelievably shy. Her timidness often gets in the way of things even though in her heart she wishes she could stand up and help anyone and everyone simply because that is just the type of girl that she is.

Biography(at least a paragraph, please): Vash was born in Hollywood and she definitely fit the description that many used when they penned the term Hollyweird. She has a penchant for trouble even if she does her best to stay out of it, but for some reason it always happens to find her. She was a straight A student all the way through school and she graduated at the early age of 15 and went off to College to obtain her degree in Dragon / Human genetics by the time she reached twenty. She just took the last year to herself after dealing with many years of school on her quest to obtain the knowledge and the know how of being able to help fix some of the issues that science has created long before she was alive. She has big dreams and huge hopes of helping the world to understand the things that she does. She was just given a very special dragon egg that she has been taking care of to the best of her ability to try and get it to hatch so that she can learn from it but she still awaits to see just what type of Dragon it is. She had thought about testing the egg to get the details first but her fear of injuring the embryo inside has kept her from doing anything of the sort. While Vash was taking her vacation she and her egg were captured by some unknown criminals, who really wanted her egg and found that her education could come in help as well. Currently she is being held in some unknown building where the unknown criminals are working to play out their evil plot. ((An attempt to easily bring my character into the game? If you want me to NOT use it, that is fine as well. Just trying to help.))

Other:Vash has an eating disorder that she is trying to work through and is terribly allergic to cats. OoC I am open to almost anything. I tend to roll with the role play so if you have something in mind just shoot me a PM and let me know. Also, my posts may be very few at least until the weekend due to my injury but I should be on again a lot more often by Sunday at the latest!

Seth nodded. He focused on the road, periodically checking the mirrors. He sighed, the adrenaline beginning to fade from his system.

Rain on the other hand had began snoring lightly, snuggling towards Ben's warmth.

Roxy heard Lana said they were heading in the direction of the coast. So we're going towards the beach. It seemed like some weird movie, they we're going to the beach, a place you usually go to relax, right after breaking into a building.

My life is turning into an action movie. About time something exciting happened. I just hope I can go home soon, I probably need to feed Sunny. Oh jeez. I've left Sunny at home all day. He must be so lonely. I hope he's okay.

Her panic was quickly rising. She hadn't even thought about Sunny since she left this morning! How could I be a responsible pet owner if I'm like this? I feel like hyperventilating. Am I hyperventilating? I think it's hot in here. Is it hot here? She put a hand to her head. I-I need to calm down. Her thougts had escalted really quickly. I'm just an emotional mess today...

Benjamin turned his gaze to Roxy as Rain drifted into sleep. "Hey, Roxy," he said softly, laying a hand on her shoulder. He could tell her breathing was fast and shallow, but he didn't know why. She hadn't said much all day, so it could be anything. Had she seen something? Was she keeping a secret? The thought of a traitor in the van gave Benjamin the chills, though he knew it was unlikely.

Lana glanced in the rear view mirror, catching a glimpse of Rain and Benjamin. Her lips curled into an amused smile. They're a nice pair, she thought to herself, keeping in mind, however, that they were only really acquaintances. No one had any alone time in the past two days except for her and Vita, and it seemed like everything had changed betwee them. Lana turned her eyes to Seth, who seemed detached as the situation had calmed down. "How are you holding up, Captain?"

Roxy looked over at Benjamin. He must be wondering if she was alright. Was she? Did she need help? Reassurance? But she should at least answer his question. "I'm okay. It's just, that I don't know if my pet cockatiel is okay or not and I'm just really worried." Don't worry about it. I... I think I'l be okay'"

she SAT back in her seat, feeling a bit more comfortable now. She really hopes that sunny will be okay. I still think he's lonely...

... She's really getting nowhere emotionally.

((short ._.))

Vash couldn't believe her luck. It had seemed like she had been held here in this strange place for far too long and yet to her surprise there was some sort of attack. It had offered enough time and enough options for her to make a narrow escape. The tiny little thing blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes before she moved across the dark room and snagged up that pretty little egg that she had been caring for so greatly until this time when it had been taken from her by those horrible people. Now she swept it up and carefully tucked it back into the pouch that she had draped against her shoulder and slung down her backside. She swallowed hard and ducked under a table giving a few moments before she simply had to escape. With the chase having provided a great distraction she crept out as stealthily as she could and hurried off into the near by hills to stay out of sight and out of mind for the most part. There she found a chance to sort of set up a little encampment for the night, snuggling under a huge pile of leaves and tucking the egg in close to offer it her bodies warmth as best she could. Heavy lids fell closed, she was weakened.. exhausted after all that had been done to her and low and behold she found time to fall swiftly to sleep while everyone else was on their way to who knows where. She had an idea though and in her mind the splashing of waves echoed in her dreams as she thought of a friend she knew who spent a lot of time on the beach due to his job as a Life Guard. It would be a perfect chance to get away and find a place and make her way to safety. It was the only option she knew... but for now, sleep found her and the egg that she cared for.

Eventually they lost the other vans as they got caught up in traffic from the mess of cars and trucks caused by Seth. Vita was still hunched over as they went keeping him self out of sight to those who may look through the broken window. "How much longer?" he asked wanting to get out and into something that was not moving about. "Not sure how much more I can take." he said truthfully. For all he knew he could go years like this or start passing out in the next moments he did not know what all might of changed with the new DNA.

Seth looked into the mirror. "Not to much longer Vita."

The red and blue lights flashed brightly. Ame erouched high in a tree. People called her name. "Ame... Ame...." rang out all night. She watched her father. He was truly sober, and wore a grim expression. Ame turned to watch her step-mother, a sneer of anger, hate, and disgust. She rattled off some elaborate lie about what happened. "She just snapped and attacked me…" Ame looked down at her injured arm. She closed her eyes a moment, recalling what had really happened.

Ame had been changing when her stepmother had waltzed in. The devil had stopped, her mouth a gape at Ame's back. She let out a scream. "You... you freak!!" The mother threw a heavy piggy bank at Ame. It broke, and sliced open her arm. Ame cried out, and lunged at the she-devil. The force of Ame's leap had been enough to thow the older woman to the ground. Her arm bled profusely. A deep anger rose from within Ame. Everything she'd kept bottled up was freed. With a mighty roar, she brought heavy blows down on the woman's face. Ame had taken her abuse, and she was dishing it back. Her father appeared in the door way, drunk. He yelled and threw his bottle of beer at Ame. Ame screamed, now bleeding from a cut across the bridge of her nose.

Ame opened her eyes. Someone was approaching. She climbed higher into the tree. Blood dripped down from her wound, onto the person's forehead. Ame whimpered silently as she saw who the person was.

The she-beast.

"I found her!!" Her stepmother screamed. Ame leapt from the tree. She ran, quickly leaving the search party behind. She was never going back.

The dream skipped about, settling on Ame later that night/early morning.

A light drizzle began to fall. The small Ame looked up. "Rain..."

She called softly. She'd always loved rain. "Rain..." She said again.

"My name is Rain."

Rain bolted up with a gasp. Her heart pounded within her chest, while her old scars hummed with faint pain. Her vision cleared, and Rain saw where she was. The dream quickly faded, and the past events of that day came back in a rush.

The pain ebbed away. Rain looked down at her arms, running her finger lightly along the light ridges. Her hand reached up to under her eye, and to the bridge of her nose. She sighed, looking out the window. The sight of the ocean greeted her. Rain smiled slightly. It'd been raining last night, which meant no surfing for another two days. Rain was happy, for she was in no shape to surf against Seth.

Benjamin nodded at Roxy. So she has a cockatiel. Rain jumped under his arm and he immediately diverted his attention to her. "Are you alright?" he asked her, brushing a strand of hair that had fallen from her braid out of her face. In her sleep she'd murmured Ame, Ame... but he hadn't the slightest idea why, and hated that he didn't know what was going on in her head.

Lana's eyes widened. "Dammit!" she shouted suddenly, hitting the dash. Her breath became short and forced and her eyes filled with tears. "We forgot Harry at the diner," she said, much more quietly this time as she pulled her knees up to her chest and leaned against the window. They couldn't go back, she knew it. But in all the madness, she'd left behind her best friend.

Rain nodded slowly. "Y-Yeah. I'm alright." She eased herself so she laid against Ben once more. "My name was Ame." She said quietly. Rain turned, burying her face in Ben's side. She was trying to hide from the world.

Most of all, from herself.

"Harry?" Seth said slowly.

Rain looked up suddenly. That dog had unlocked her soft side, and she had grown to love him. "We forgot Harry?!"

Seth's confused look grew even more contoured.

" My puppy!"

Seth looked bewildered. "A, uh...."

"We are going back to get him now." Rain's voice rang with authority. Seth looked up. "We can't..." Rain's grey eyes met his. A shiver ran down Seth's spine. "We are off to get Harry." He croaked. Seth pulled out his phone. "Here," he handed it to Lana. "Call the diner and tell them about your dog."

Pleased, Rain returned to her position, burying her face Ben's side once more.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lana's eyes widened, and she shook her head. "We're not going back," she said quietly. "I'll call them and tell them, but I doubt he's still there. But I'm not going to put all of us at risk by going back for a dog, regardless of how important he is to me." She stared at the phone. It trembled with the motion of her slender hands, and she felt the lump in her throat drop into her stomach as it settled in that taking Harry for a walk, like she did every morning, was what had put her in this situation. She recalled first meeting Vita and glanced back at the figure who laid behind her. She wanted to say something to him, but there was nothing she could think of to say.

Rain's eyes widened. "Stop. The. Car." Seth looked back. "I can't-"

"STOP THE MOTHER censorkip.gif CAR, SETH."

Seth pulled into the emergency lane. Rain climbed out of the van. "I'll meet you at North Point tonight."

Seth was amazed that Rain knew of such a remote location. He was a bit stunned, and before he knew it, Rain was dodging through eight lanes of traffic.

"What the..."

((Rain ain't leaving without Harry. CX))

((HARRY- xd.png

CLICK ME)

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lana's eyes widened, then narrowed at Rain. She climbed out of the car. "You're not going to find him!" she called, cupping her hands around her mouth. She turned to the van and crossed her arms, her eyebrows raised and lips pursed. "She's not going to find him," she told them, throwing her hands up in the air, then letting them fall down at her sides. "She wouldn't listen. She's not going to find him." Her remorse had faded, and she appeared much, much less concerned than she was a moment ago

Benjamin sat in stunned silence. Rain had gone from nightmare recovery to puppy recovery in less than three minutes, and he hadn't kept up with her as well as he would have liked to. Do heroes have different brain patterns or something? he wondered to himself, shaking his head. He turned his attention to Lana. "Why? Why won't she find him?"

Lana climbed back into the van before responding. "He's just not that kind of puppy." Her reply was so dry and blunt that Benjamin couldn't even wrap his mind around what it meant. No one was making sense right now. He rolled his eyes, and with a heavy sigh, hurried out of the van and after Rain.

((no he's younger than that.))

Edited by Lila

Rain walked briskly to a local street. She saw she had a persuer.

"If you've come to get me back in that van, I'm not going."

Seth grinned. "Well then. I've known Rain... for two hours? Just in that amount of time, I learned a lot. One- her emotions flip on a coin, and two- she won't come back without that dog." Seth merged onto the highway once more.

"I've noticed that," Lana said, shaking her head. She fiddled with a cigarette in her lap, getting the smell of tobacco on her fingers. She didn't smoke because it made her feel better or anything of the like. "You know, I know a lot of people smoking because the act of smoking makes them feel relaxed and secure or whatever," she said, staring at her lap. "But you can't smell this cigarette and tell me it doesn't smell like the Waffle House." She looked up and laughed, shaking her head. "That's a pretty pathetic excuse for killing my lungs I guess."

Benjamin shook his head. "I know you won't," he told her breathlessly. "So I'm just coming with you. I'm trying to figure everyone out and you know, it's a lot harder to learn people than it is to learn the organ systems of various organisms." He smiled pathetically, running a hand through his hair.

Edited by Lila

Rain looked at him curiously, but then nodded. "Ok..." He still seemed to feel rather awkward around her. She smiled slightly, "Come on then, we are a bit pressed for time."

Seth rolled his eyes. "Sure, in the smoking areas, outside." Once more he eyed the ciggerate. A shudder ran through him as dark memories began to surface. He quickly pushed them back down again. "You know, I've never smoked, even though both my parents smoked weed constantly. As well as shooting up any drugs they could find. But.... I never, not even once, did our occur to me to try it. I do suppose maybe I saw what it did to you. How it warped your mind so much you didn't recognize your own son." Seth ran his hand through his hair. "Surfing is my outlet. Like smoking is for you. But, it wasn't always." He thought momentarily. "I cut, not for very long. For I found surfing." Seth smiled weakly, recalling Cody teaching Seth how to surf properly. Then his face darkened as his darkest memory surfaced His grip on the steering wheel tightened. Seth's knuckles began to turn white. He clenched his jaw, reliving the memory vividly.