Lila

An Abundance of Voices ~open~

The door opened as too guards looked around. One looked around and started to look up in that 'ugh' like manner then he noticed a hole where a vent should be.... "Uuhhh partner?" he said who started to look up but his eye's ran over Rain first and right away he had his weapon pointed at her, his partner took out his radio to report the findings.

Lana's eyes grew wide. They saw her, she thought, heart racing. She flipped open her pocketknife and clenched it in her fist as she slunk around silently behind boxes, closer to them. Her heartbeat picked up tempo the closer she got, but she remained the same, intense focus as she got closer, still breathing though her mouth, still moving silently. After what seemed like forever, she found herself looking up at them from behind a stack of boxes. With no warning, she burst out of hiding and slammed the man in the back of the knee with a kick, debilitating his right leg and knocking the gun out of her hand. In the same movement, she managed to get a hand on the gun, but was still vulnerable to the other guard.

((Is it a gun?))

Edited by Lila

Rain saw Lana, she stayed put. However, Rain was ready to bolt as soon as his finger moved. Her raptor eyes focused on the trigger. Rain, could also hear his rapid heartbeat. He was scared. She smiled devishly.

Rain looked back at her wings, then to the men. She spread her wings, and flapped, shooting forward. She dove behind boxes, not staying still.

Then, she saw Lana make a move. Rain shot forward, pull ones out her own gun. She aimed it at the other man. Her wings were spread. Rain's eyes glowed slightly, as they cut through the darkness of the room. "Hello there." She growled.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Tranclizer riftle))

As soon as Lana made her move the other guy slammed her with his elbow before being shot by Rain. The one being attacked by Lana shouted in pain as she took out his leg and weapon before his hand shot to a pocket whipping out a knife and trying to slash at Lana on one leg.

The of gun fire and the guard in pain being sent through the active radio the guy that was shot had.

Lana grunted as she was shoved aside with an elbow. She felt a bruise beginning to form on her face at the point of contact. "Damn you," she muttered, brushing her hair out of her eyes. She gave the man on the floor a swift kick to the face, hindering him just long enough to drive her pocketknife into the back of his throat. His flailing, however, had given her a long, deep cut in the thigh, but she ignored it.

"Don't try to hurt me," she snapped as she got to her feet, pulling the knife out of his throat and destroying the radio that had fallen to the ground.

Benjamin tiptoed down the darkened corridor, taking a peek in every room. He noticed an open door, and glancing in it, saw Lana, Rain and Roxy. He gave them a quick wave and an encouraging smile before continuing down the corridor to the next lighted hallway. Upon coming to it, he tore the light switch cover off and severed the wires once again. "If you see a guard," he whispered to Seth. "Get his radio first."

If only Rain and Lana had done that. As soon as the lights went out flashlights turned on along with lazor sights. "Give it up kids, its you against the whole facility." one said before one light found Seth and fired sevral times before his buddy stopped him "Whoa, no need to give him the trans in that amount." he said before his own light found Benjamin "Lights out." he said before firing his own weapon.

Edited by little lost dragon

Seth smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I realize that now." He looked down. Footsteps brought his gaze upwards. " censorkip.gif , Ben! We have more company."

Rain grabbed the man's radio, throwing it down and bringing her foot down on it. She nodded to Lana. "You alright?" She asked, seeing the wound begin to heal slowly.

Seth collapsed to the ground, the drugs already pumping through his body.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

She watched the guard pull out a gun and point it at Rain. Dang it Rain, why'd you have to 'hide' there? A bookshelf probably wasn't going to hide someone, especially if they were on top of it and had dragon wings.

Roxy slowly began to move towards the guards. She'd have to get at least one of them, then Lana could get the other. So she continued to crouch behind boxes while attempting to move a silently as possible.

She saw Lana kick one down and grab the weapon in his hands. The other guard was still there though, and he probably had some sort of weapon concealed on his person. Dammit Lana, you had to do that. So Roxy shuffled over as quickly as she could. She didn't want Lana to get injured, or even killed. Her eyes shimmered a slight turquoise as she did so.

But before she could've done anthing, Rain shot one of the guards and Lana stabbed the other in throat. I should've been quicker. Roxy felt kinda bad for not being able to help.

"Are you two okay?" she asked.

Seth opened his eyes weakly. The room spun. They were still in the hall. He looked to Ben, who was out cold. Seth rose to his hands and knees, becoming more steady. It must be the dragon blood...

Rain heard gunfire. "Lana!" She quickly poked her head out the door, seeing Ben down, and Seth. Though as she watched Seth, he began to rise to his hands and knees. She pulled her head back in. "Lana, we can't stay in this room. We're like trapped rats!" She whispered frantically.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Are you kidding me?" Benjamin groaned, ripping out the dart as soon as it broke his skin. "I know this lab has tranqs. You're madmen, for god's sakes." He ran at one of the men but ducked and slid underneath him before he could fire another shot, then secured him in a headlock and slammed his temple against the wall. As the man crumpled to the floor, he turned to face the other guard. "Hit me with your best shot," he taunted, with his charming, rich boy smile.

Lana nodded to Rain, then pointed down the hallway. Benjamin was face-to-face with a man holding a tranquilizer gun. "Can you shoot that far?" she asked urgently, really hoping that she could. "Because I kind of need you to right now. For Benjamin."

((............. *facepalms* know what? pm me when they got Vita. people want movie style play here.))

Rain grinned. "Course' I can for my Ben." She laughed, raising her gun. Her raptor eyes focused on the spot above his ear. She pulled the trigger of her gun.

The bullet made impact, going through his brain, and lodging in his skull. He crumpled to the ground, and Rain lowered he gun.

Seth was up on his feet, now feeling just a bit drowsy. He saw a man collapse due to Rain's well aimed shot. "Nice!" He called, dodging a dart.

Benjamin's eyes widened as the man in front of him was served up with a brain slushie. He looked over to Seth, who had already woken up, and a bemused look crossed his face. "How did you..." His question trailed off as he realized that despite his best efforts, some of the drugs had still managed to get into his bloodstream. He shook his head and slapped himself, trying to stay awake.

Lana motioned for Roxy and Rain to follow her, then darted down the hallway to catch up with the guys. "Hey," she muttered, crushing a radio underneath her foot. "Do you guys even know where we are in the building?" She panted, planting her hands on her hips. She heard footsteps approaching suddenly, and retreated into a closet, managing to pull Seth and Roxy in with her.

Roxy followed Lana and Rain down the hallway. She stopped once they had reached Benjamin and Seth, and looked around, hoping no one was coming. She didn't see anyone, but she heard the sound of footsteps, and was pulled imto a closet.

In the dim light, she could see that Lana and Seth were in the closet too. Rain and Benjamin were absent. "What about Benjamin and Rain?" She didn't want them to get hurt.

She pressed her ear to the door to see if she could hear something.

Rain looked to Ben. At least Roxy, Seth, and Lana are safe.

She smiled wickedly. "Lets show em' what we're made of." Rain pulled out her gun, among at the ground, waiting for the men.

Seth grinned at Lana. "So," he whispered. "We're in a closet, want to play seven minutes in heaven?" He grinned at Lana in the dark. "I'm sure Roxy wouldn't mind."

Rain raised her gun, shooting the first man who rounded the corner. Men began chattering and yelling, being smart and not charging around the corner. "Lets move and lead them away from the closet." She said, backing up.

As Seth looked to Roxy, he locked up. However he quickly regained himself, and returned his smile to Lana. "I think they are going to fight it out." He whispered, his face becoming serious as he began to worry. Seth had grown to like Rain and her serious demeanor. It leveled out Seth's own immature additude.

Seth had even began to consider Rain, as his sister. It was, just something about her, that Seth felt connected to her. And wanted to protect her.

((Seth and Rain are going to end up being like brother and sister. They already have the fighting part down. xd.png ))

Benjamin nodded hesitantly, not really sure of himself. "I really don't know what I'm doing, Rain," he spoke up. The smell of gun smoke filled his nostrils and brought tears to eyes. He wasn't particularly trained in the field of tactics or combat. He had his lucky shot earlier. Now he was winded out, and didn't know if he'd be able to keep up with the others.

Lana brushed off Seth's comment, but didn't quite manage to conceal her air of slight annoyance. She swallowed the lump in her throat, concern beginning to swallow her again. "Benjamin's not armed," she whispered, shaking her head. "I hope Rain knows what she's doing. For the both of them, that is." She laced her fingers together.

Rain nodded and turned. She picked up one of the guns from the dead guards. "Take this, and shoot anyone whose not Me, Roxy, Seth, Lana, or Vita." She raised her gun, and pulled the trigger, hitting a man who'd peeked around the corner to shoot. "We need cover." Rain dove into the storage room, and threw out a table. How'd I even do that? Her wings were folded against here back.

Seth sat quietly, listening to the commotion outside. "We shoul move while they have them distracted."

Rain propped the table up so it offered protection. The men began to advance on them. "DAMIT! Shoot!" She popped up over the top of the table, letting loose a few bullets. Two had made impact, but one only killed. Rain went to fire again, but her only clicked. " censorkip.gif !" She quickly searched her pockets and back pack for another clip. "Yes!" She pulled out the empty one, and loaded the full one. Rain during this time had became serious, and hardly spoke. More men seemed to fill in the ones she'd taken out. "God censorkip.gif damn it! This is useless! We need to loose them and meet up with the others."

Benjamin gulped and nodded, watching as Rain took out several men, and ducking when necessary. He didn't fire, despite what he'd been told. "Rain, I have an idea," he said before running off. He really didn't like the fact that he'd just left her to fend for herself, but he trusted her enough to make it through a few minutes on her own.

The corridor he headed down was absolute silence, minus the clap of his feet on the tile. He got chills as soon as he became aware of the silence, but continued to jog briskly down the hallway. A guard appeared in his line of vision up ahead, around a corner. censorkip.gif, he thought, ducking into janitorial closet. His eyes grew wide at the array of cleaning supplies aligned on the shelves of the small room. A wide grin crossed his face as he grabbed a few different chemicals and got to work.

"You're insane," Lana muttered, shaking her head. "They'll see us and shoot. Besides, we have no plans whatsoever. I mean, I did." She shook her head and shifted her weight, cringing as she did so. The scab on her leg that had formed cracked, making her skin much more uncomfortable than she would have preferred.

Seth pointed up. "How about we try the vent? Isn't that how you got in last time?"

Rain turned, watching Ben run off. "Hey, what the- Ben!" She growled in frustration, returning her attention to the guards. He better damn well have a good idea.

Her acute hearing picked up the conversation of switching to bullets. "OH HELL NO!"

Rain looked around. Her gaze settled upon a broken table leg.

A metal, broken table leg.

At one end, it was jagged and sharp. While the other, the part that rested on the ground, was still intact. Rain swung her self up and over the table. She charged the men, wielding her gun in her right hand, and the table leg in the other.

The classes she took so many years ago came back to her.

Rain dodged darts. More than once, they ended up lodging in her arm. Rain used her wings to buffer. As Rain made it to the front line of the group, she swung a leg out, knocking the feet out from under two guards. She shot one, and dragged the jagged end of the table leg across another's throat. As she fought, the drugs from the darts were pumped through her body even faster. Her movement began to slow. The enhanced liver she had was working as fast as it could to break down the sedatives.

Rain roared. Her eyes dilated. Ridges rose down her back along her spine.

She snarled, holstering her gun. Her blows became precise. With her palm, and a powerful blow, she cracked a guard's ribs, and crushed his lungs, and stopped his heart.

(Got that from Resident Evil. xd.png)

The dart's effects had counteracted by the new dump of adrenaline. She tackled one man, and he pulled out a dagger from a sheath on his cargo pants. He sliced at Rain's face. His blade left a long, jagged cut across her left cheek. Rain brought her elbow down between his eyes.

She howled as a dart lodged in her neck. The adrenaline was beginning to wear off. Rain was now once again sluggish. However, few men remained. The rest cleared out, seeing that they needed a new form of attack. Rain took the knife, stepping forward and slashing, just as the man stepped back. He pulled out his own dagger, slicing Rain's forearm. She dropped the dagger, and clutched her forearm. The blood oozed out, darkening the sleeve of her sweatshirt. Rain became dizzy.

She fell onto her knees. The man smiled slyly. He raised the butt of his gun above Rain.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lana heard the commotion outside and dared to peek out the window of the closet. "I have an idea," she whispered. Walo mo jacodso. She placed a foot on the ground, but the noise the impact would typically make was muffled by the enchantment she had just murmured. She turned to face Seth and Roxy. "You two, climb in the vent," she ordered. "I have a feeling this isn't going well for Rain."

Lana was greeted with the stench of fresh blood and desperation as she left the closet. Her cat eyes glowed brightly, and she had no idea how to hide it, so she kept her head low and her hair over her eyes. She slunk around the hallway, indirectly moving towards Rain and the man about to knock her out cold. Tajuhm m0 odom0. The man fell to the ground, still conscious, but unable to move. Lana revealed herself from the darkness, pulling out her pocket knife to draw a thin, red line across his throat. He gasped for air, but as he began to sputter blood with his words, the life was quickly drawn out of him. He went pale and still, but Lana didn't bother closing his eyes. Instead she turned to Rain, who was obviously hurt beyond immediate repair. "Damn, Rain," she muttered, shaking her head.

Meanwhile, Benjamin continued to mix his concoction of cleaning chemicals in the janitor's closet. He'd found an empty water bottle, in which he had poured alcohol and (previously) pressurized disinfectant spray. He shook it up one last time, then prepared to leave the safety of the closet. A curse slipped his tongue, however, when he realized he had no lighter. I'll just hold onto it, and maybe I'll get another lucky break. He crept back down the hallway in the direction from which he had come.

Rain looked to Lana, who'd saved her life. "Thanks." She managed weakly. Rain's face was covered with blood. As well as her pants, hand, and arm. She pulled out darts that had lodged in her skin with a wince. The small punctures from the darts healed. Her knife wounds, however, healed more slowly.

Seth looked up. Then he looked to Roxy. "After you."