TJ09

2013-07-07 - July Release

What I don't get:

Description of Volcano: A barren volcanic plain

Description of egg: In a tree

Um...?

Mount Saint Helens was covered with fir and pine trees before blowing its top. Many volcanos have forests on them, as well as wide expanses of old lava beds.

Edited by dragongrrl

Hey some volcanoes can have trees on its slope. Example. Yellowstone National Park has a bunch of trees but has a VEI-8 capable volcano lurking underneath.

The problem is that the description mentions that it's both barren and a volcanic plain; the biome is by that description a flatland that oozes lava and noxious fumes, not a volcanic mountain.

DC isn't so hot on logic...

Haha. True. Although the sprites are still amazing. Despite the legs being a little funny.

That yellow one is going to fall the heck over. How does one stand when both a hind leg is lifted and the foreleg of the same side? What an awkward little thing. Forget chasing it since it's "hard to keep up with" I'm gonna wait till it flops onto its side and then scoop it up.

Actually, I know it's a bit difficult to see, but the legs that are lifted are on opposite sides. smile.gif

As for the biome thing, that was mostly TJ's idea, but I don't have a problem with it.

Edited by tikigurl91

Actually, I know it's a bit difficult to see, but the legs that are lifted are on opposite sides. smile.gif

As for the biome thing, that was mostly TJ's idea.

Either way - they are just to die for. I think you did a marvelous job on them (and I must admit - it's nice to see some more yellow in the way of color)

That yellow one is going to fall the heck over. How does one stand when both a hind leg is lifted and the foreleg of the same side? What an awkward little thing. Forget chasing it since it's "hard to keep up with" I'm gonna wait till it flops onto its side and then scoop it up.

Looks to be walking to me.

I got locked with the new release eggs. 4 blue, 3 green. Can't wait to see what they grown in to.

Ahem:

user posted image

wink.gif

Though Tiki says (and I thought anyway) that they're raising diagonally opposite legs.

Had to pitch a bunch of great CB eggs to the AP but since the "permanent" nature of the coppers I was not not going to take any chances!!! Managed 3 of each yeah 😄

The problem is that the description mentions that it's both barren and a volcanic plain; the biome is by that description a flatland that oozes lava and noxious fumes, not a volcanic mountain.

Been thinking about this too.

Maybe the problem is the time frame and how we consider it. How long has since lava flowed across the area? There are plenty of areas on earth where lava has flowed and vegetation has not grown again because of the region. The biome description doesn't say anything about active and explosive volcanoes. Barren simply can mean "too poor to produce much or any vegetation," but it's possible to get trees here and there, even out of harsh landscapes. Therefore I argue that it would be possible to have eggs in trees, even in these areas. And we would know it was a volcanic area because of the rock types present.

Actually, I know it's a bit difficult to see, but the legs that are lifted are on opposite sides.

Ahem:

That does not look at all comfortable riding like that. rolleyes.gif

haha, alright, alright. *crawls out*

A pair of each for me, all influenced. The blue ones look a bit chubby xd.png

As for the treespots (temporary nickname), I'm glad they aren't identical to the egg. The spots ARE yellow, so it makes some sense. (:

Those tree eggs certainly are elusive and now I have a misclicked purple on my scroll for 5 hours before I can try again. sad.gif

Love the hatchlings for both!

Why wouldn't a reasonably agile hatchling be able to balance on ANY two of its legs? I'm pretty sure I've seen cats do it with two legs on the same side before. It's obviously not a normal walking motion, but just for scratching an ear with one leg and batting the food dish with the other, yeah. It's like a human balancing on one leg. Not the stablest position in the world, but we can do it! :-)

Edited by tjekan

I was just at Mt. St. Helens yesterday. 33 years ago it erupted and the national monument area still looks pretty barren from a distance, but there are trees regrowing and patches of lupine and Indian Paintbrush everywhere. That's kind of how I picture Volcano. I'll try to post some pictures in a bit.

edit: here. You can see both the barrenness of the mountain and the new life growing up. This was taken an Johnston Ridge Observatory. Click on the image for the full-sized one.

user posted image

Edited by platedlizard

Well I finally got 1 blue egg and 0 trees and due to a back injury I can no longer hunt tonight so I hope these will be permanent and easier to obtain later

Night All

What gorgeous babies! Both are really lovely. <3

I'll try for some at the top of the hour, but if I don't have any luck I'll try again in a day or two. Due to a minor disaster involving a rather large sewage backup that flooded the entire back half of our house, my family has been stuck in a hotel for over a week now. dry.gif

Our bathroom floors and bedroom hardwood floors, and the living room carpet are all being totally replaced brand new, which is actually a blessing as they needed replacing, and now we don't have to pay for it. lol xd.png They've got a long way to go before the work is done from what it looks like though. *groan* I was hoping to be out of the hotel a lot sooner. I just came by the house to do some laundry and thought I'd check for a release real quick and was so excited to see the new babies! I'll be glad when everything is back to normal here and we're all back to our everyday routines. The hotel is really nice, but it's not home. And from what my youngest son says, the internet sucks. ha ha

A couple of lovely new dragons to hunt will be something great to look forward to when the work here is done and we get to come home. smile.gif Thanks TJ, and our amazing artists!

Good luck hunting everyone!

I like to think of it as in a running pose [though it does look a little odd - like a puppy trying to run on the freshly waxed laminate floor]

Looks like he's frolicking to me. smile.gif

Yay! I snagged a Moonlit egg! And also a misclicked Pink. lol The Moonlit egg is really gorgeous...I love the color combo on the egg. Very lovely. smile.gif

Somehow I completely missed this yesterday.

Whoops.

Looks like he's frolicking to me. smile.gif

Or doing that sideways-hopping thing that kittens do when they're a couple months old and teaching themselves how to hunt/fight.

I remember both of these.

Got what I read on the wiki the one nicknamed the 'Bloodmoon'. Just the one this last drop, gonna have to trade for the other ones I guess.

Oh goodness aren't those gendered Moonspot hatchies just adorable? I'm not sure which S2 hatchling I like more! xd.png