Shadlok

Lineage view change

Do you like this  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahaha. Guess I'll be the odd one out, then (edit: Together with Aquenee and fuzzbucket, apparently!)... I love the new look. laugh.gif At least for evengens... but then, I didn't like the way they looked before (I'm a fan of spirals and arrowheads, mostly), so that's probably factoring in a lot. That being said, for spirals, it looks rather strange, though I'm still not opposed. Really enjoying this... though I've got to add: If I'd been around before CBs were left-aligned in their boxes, I also definitely would have reacted differently.

Edited by pinkgothic

Not a fan. At all. If this is a actual change, I wish there would be some official mention of it somewhere. And it's a shame a lot of people have put a lot of effort into longer lineages and this is totally changing the look they created and worked so hard for.

I really dislike it and hope it is changed back. The longer the names, the worse it looks and I often have long names. If it absolutely can't be changed back, at least make all names appear behind the dragon, not just fifth gens.

I don't hate it, I think it looks fine, but the last generation does look a little bit crowded in Evengens and strange for most anything else. Even wors If it's only the last generation that's formatted like that I could get used to it, although I see some where it's the last two generations and that looks weird. There's a point where the lineage pictures just get too small though, seems to be at gen 12. omo

And I'd rather have word wrapping than all names going behind the lineage.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Here is the size of the artwork from the first generation of a Stairstep:

user posted image

That is 34 pixels x 76 pixels, too small to see any detail.

Edited by missy_

I really dislike it and hope it is changed back. The longer the names, the worse it looks and I often have long names. If it absolutely can't be changed back, at least make all names appear behind the dragon, not just fifth gens.

I'll second this.

Almost all of my lineages are 5th gens and all of my cb dragons have long names.It makes my lineages funny.

Here is a multi-generational even gen.

Old Pinks in the first generation? Cannot even enjoy the artwork.

user posted image

However - it is his game, and he has the absolute right to do anything he likes. It behoves us to remember that. And - you don't like it, fair enough - but some people have commented that we DO like it. Me, for one xd.png

But if it weren't for us. The players. He wouldn't have a game. So if 75% of people who have voted in this thread so far so they DON'T like it, and he ignores that... how is that right?

You may like it, but those who have worked very hard for years on pretty Even Gen lineages, because they liked the way they looked and had absolutely no problem with them before, we aren't happy. (example: This lineage that took years of planning, refusals, accidental inbreeding, re-gathering mates and starting over, etc. that is now ruined.)

I started Even Gens because they are tidy, organized, and with the right combo, can be visually stunning. If it weren't for Even Gens, I honestly probably would have lost interest in this game a long time ago. It gives me something to do other than sitting in the cave for hours staring at eggs that don't move. And now that is ruined because I can't even stand to look at a lineage with the new format. It is ugly and unorganized looking, especially with longer names, which most of my dragons have.

I normally am pretty OK with most of the changes TJ has made and try not to cause a fuss because in the end, I realize that yes, this is TJ's game, and he provides us with it for free. But there has to be some kind of give and take here, because again, without us, DC wouldn't be here. I haven't been this upset about a change since forced scroll pages, which I still do NOT like. But I didn't whine, I didn't cause or get involved in any drama, like usual, but this time it's struck a little close to home. Even Gens are a major part of my play style, and now I am being forced to have them changed because a few people have a hard time seeing them on their mobile phones? So, because a few people can't do something, everyone has to be punished? That just doesn't sound right to me.

I shouldn't be this upset about the new lineage views, but I am. Sorry, but I really really hate it.

I'll second this.

Almost all of my lineages are 5th gens and all of my cb dragons have long names.It makes my lineages funny.

I think it looked just as weird with great long names stretching the boxes UNDER the dragons. I would have said it was more uneven that way.

Hi-5, pinkgothic xd.png

Tiki - that lineages is beautiful - and looks it. Like mine:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/guffg

I LOVE the way it looks now.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Tiki - that lineages is beautiful - and looks it. Like mine:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/guffg

I LOVE the way it looks now.

I'm glad you are happy with the new change. Really. I wish I could be OK with it as well. But to me, sadly, it just looks uneven and messy now. =\

I'm so sorry, but that lineage annoys the daylights out of me. I was planning to do a Frill lineage, with all the Frills in the first gen, and it would break my heart to see them shriveled up that way. They're supposed to be a focus of the lineage, not insignificant dots, which is what the Shadow Walkers look like in that lineage.

Please, TJ, restore the old formatting.

If the cell phone users need a different format, please make it an option, and don't subject the rest of us to this nightmare.

They're supposed to be a focus of the lineage, not insignificant dots, which is what the Shadow Walkers look like in that lineage.

This.^

But if it weren't for us. The players. He wouldn't have a game. So if 75% of people who have voted in this thread so far so they DON'T like it, and he ignores that... how is that right?

And this.^

You may like it, but those who have worked very hard for years on pretty Even Gen lineages, because they liked the way they looked and had absolutely no problem with them before, we aren't happy. (example: This lineage that took years of planning, refusals, accidental inbreeding, re-gathering mates and starting over, etc. that is now ruined.)

I started Even Gens because they are tidy, organized, and with the right combo, can be visually stunning. If it weren't for Even Gens, I honestly probably would have lost interest in this game a long time ago. It gives me something to do other than sitting in the cave for hours staring at eggs that don't move. And now that is ruined because I can't even stand to look at a lineage with the new format. It is ugly and unorganized looking, especially with longer names, which most of my dragons have.

I normally am pretty OK with most of the changes TJ has made and try not to cause a fuss because in the end, I realize that yes, this is TJ's game, and he provides us with it for free. But there has to be some kind of give and take here, because again, without us, DC wouldn't be here. I haven't been this upset about a change since forced scroll pages, which I still do NOT like. But I didn't whine, I didn't cause or get involved in any drama, like usual, but this time it's struck a little close to home. Even Gens are a major part of my play style, and now I am being forced to have them changed because a few people have a hard time seeing them on their mobile phones? So, because a few people can't do something, everyone has to be punished? That just doesn't sound right to me.

I shouldn't be this upset about the new lineage views, but I am. Sorry, but I really really hate it.

I agree here.

Perhaps he should put an option to have lineage viewed that way or the original way?? Some look better the new way, but in my opinion, most look better the old way. If we had the option, people on their mobile phones can just turn it on to this new version, and the people who want it the old way can have that too. Agree, disagree??

I voted yes, but... Because I like the idea of an option best.

No, I don't like it. The long rectangles remind me of those slim post-it notes that you use for marking reference pages.

I still support this change to the lineage format, but it would be nice to make it an option in the Account settings to satisfy everyone.

I'm absolutely loving the way the lineages are set up now. They look absolutely beautiful on Even-Gen lineages ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/j4nKF ) and makes everything a lot more easy to read. Instead of all the scrolling, now everything is right there, ready to see and it's a lot easier on my computer when I come across those major lineages with random dragons everywhere. I love it. (Although arguably it doesn't make the rainbow lineages ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/nLoKD ) flow as easily but hey i'll take it)

Please, PLEASE KEEP IT. I'm in love with this new setup!

(Also, there were mentions of the deadline lineages changing? I don't see that on my deadline http://dragcave.net/lineage/WmvZ5 )

Edited by MysticTiger

(Also, there were mentions of the deadline lineages changing? I don't see that on my deadline http://dragcave.net/lineage/WmvZ5 )

I think it's only 5G's and higher that are affected. Your deadline is a 4G, so it wouldn't be.

This is a *beautiful* 9th G E that has all kinds of win and awesome in the base gen *and now you can't tell*.

ETA: I think tinkering has been going on. This stair is back to normal.

ETA2: It appears *all* of my not-even-gens are back to normal.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

ETA2:  It appears *all* of my not-even-gens are back to normal.

*sigh* But EG's are the ones that are affected the most. sad.gif

*sigh* But EG's are the ones that are affected the most. sad.gif

They are, and I'm not happy about it, a lot of mine are lovely higher even gens with beautiful rare/alt/discontinued things in the base, and now I can no longer admire them. sad.gif

I think they are changing back to the old format. It seems a little random, but it seems to be back to normal with this hatchling I just froze, http://dragcave.net/lineage/gEwLG. It seems only the tombstones are showing up in the new format.

If it is truly changing back, and not a cache issue, thank you to all who have raised your voices on this, and thank you, TJ! smile.gif

ETA: I'm not sure it's changing. The horribly messy one looked almost normal, but pretty lineages are still messed up, http://dragcave.net/lineage/4mlKt. sad.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Oh please please let it be true and it's changing back. I will get down on my knees to thank TJ if it is.

I sometimes use my 7in tablet to check DC and it has never bothered me that I have to do extra scrolling to see lineages. It's part of using a small screen.

It's not gone yet? D: I was hoping I'd wake up this morning and find it'd all been a horrible dream. Dammit.