Shadlok

Lineage view change

Do you like this  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe if all the dragons had the name to the right more people would be happy?

If this happened, I could live with it. My dislike is that it looks like two different lineages pasted together, instead of a cohesive whole.

I don't hate it in PB even gens such as this one but I don't like it either. I agree with some others who have mentioned that it should be consistent (have the names either under or beside, not both) but I am not a fan of how it affects spirals, stairs and other non even lineages. It makes things look messier, example, another example.

I really hope this is not a permanent change because the inconsistency makes pretty much all of the lineages it affects look weird. I guess it does help slim things down for higher gens but the only ones that it really has a drastic impact on (slimming down wise) is even (or almost even) gens so i don't understand the reason for it in other kinds of lineages.

I do feel like this could be a nice setting option for some. Just like how we can pick on our own scrolls how many dragons are viewed per page for instance, i'm sure some people would prefer to see lineages with the rectangular box in the first gen. That way not everyone would have to see it like that but those who want to could have the option to.

Aquamyrine

I really really don't like this. sad.gif Lineages look somehow broken now.

(I tried to console myself by thinking "well it will only bother those who care about how lineages look, maybe it is good for many others", - but for whom exactly should a change in the lineage view be useful if not for people who care about lineages...?)

I don't like it at all. sad.gif

It breaks lots of lineages.. especially stairs and spirals look ugly now.

Some EG ones still look ok but the majority weird.

Don't really feel like doing higher than 4th gens now...

I like the idea behind it, and while it gives lineages an awkward/abnormal look, it's something I could get used to eventually.

*only on even gens for now*

Nope, I think I like it on all lineages ~

Edited by DeathCry

I really hope it's a glitch. If not, at the very least I hope there's an opt-out.

What's so nice about even gens is how consistent looking a properly made one can be. This... rather defeats the whole point of it.

I'm on a smartphone right now and thus have a rather limited view of what's going on, might be back to scream louder if it looks even worse on desktop.

I really don't like how insignificant the founding CBs become at higher gens. What's the point of hunting down and/or trading for 2nd gens from special dragons like spriter alts if they're going to end up being tiny smeary blobs that are virtually indistinguishable from neigbouring tiny smeary blobs? :/

(Currently I'm also mostly playing on a small laptop with an 11.6" screen - a bit of scrolling to see a lineage never killed me.)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I really don't like how insignificant the founding CBs become at higher gens.  What's the point of hunting down and/or trading for 2nd gens from special dragons like spriter alts if they're going to end up being tiny smeary blobs that are virtually indistinguishable from neigbouring tiny smeary blobs?  :/

This.^

And what is the point of participating in Dragon Requests and giving our opinion on artwork if it is going to end up being an insignificant tiny blob?

Plus, the names out to the side ... That makes me all twitchy. blink.gif

(Currently I'm also mostly playing on a small laptop with an 11.6" screen - a bit of scrolling to see a lineage never killed me.)

A bit of scrolling to see a lineage never killed me, either.

hate it

it ruins the look of stairstep lines

it just looks stupid on even gens

I see no one wanting anything higher than 4th gen now with this dry.gif

hope it is a glitch and gets fixed O_o

I really don't like it either. I love large even gen lineages, and this novelty makes them look squished and strange. sad.gif

At the very least, it should be added as maybe part of the scroll settings so that each user can set the way the lineage is viewed, much the same way as we can change how many dragons we can see per page.

Edited by Raphy

Lineage view change, Smaller pictures, longer boxes?

Do you like this

No.

Please leave the old one. It doesn't looks good and it just....

quick answer, no.

I hate it so much x.x

It makes my lineage project, which took me a year to complete, look horrible. I really hope it is changed back. >_<

Don't worry, it still looks very beautiful. <3

I'm not very fond of this change as it makes spriter's alt lineages less spectacular and even-gens look very strange. I'm sure I'll get used to it but I don't understand why it was changed. sad.gif

I hate it so much x.x

It makes my lineage project, which took me a year to complete, look horrible. I really hope it is changed back. >_<

I know how you feel. I spent almost 2 years on this lineage and now it just looks awful. Simply awful. Every time I see a lineage with the "new format" I cringe.

The longer I see it, the more I hate it. There is no way I can get used to this.

And I love how there was no announcement whatsoever and no word from TJ as to WHY this has happened... dry.gif

And I love how there was no announcement whatsoever and no word from TJ as to WHY this has happened... dry.gif

THIS. It would be nice if he asked our opinions before changing things.

I really preferred it before the change. I could tolerate how it looks on even-gens, but the way it looks on stairsteps & spirals bothers me so much. Overall, I would prefer that lineages go back to normal.

THIS. It would be nice if he asked our opinions before changing things.

I kinda liked the fact the TJ seemed to be listening in real-time to our comments, and changing what we were complaining about. That is real responsiveness, not just asking opinions, but reacting to those opinions. Not discussing "what if" but showing us what would change. That's cool!

Keep in mind that if a consensus is reached, TJ can incorporate any and all suggestions.

So, with tombstones, first gen names next to instead of under, and name folding. Those are the features I like, or can live with.

I kinda liked the fact the TJ seemed to be listening in real-time to our comments, and changing what we were complaining about. That is real responsiveness, not just asking opinions, but reacting to those opinions. Not discussing "what if" but showing us what would change. That's cool!

Keep in mind that if a consensus is reached, TJ can incorporate any and all suggestions.

So, with tombstones, first gen names next to instead of under, and name folding. Those are the features I like, or can live with.

But this ruins what so many of us are trying to do with lineages, and that hurts. I'd rather be able to scroll through the lineage, than see the early gens shrunken into tiny little blurs.

I kinda liked the fact the TJ seemed to be listening in real-time to our comments, and changing what we were complaining about.  That is real responsiveness, not just asking opinions, but reacting to those opinions.  Not discussing "what if" but showing us what would change.  That's cool!

So, with tombstones, first gen names next to instead of under, and name folding.  Those are the features I like, or can live with.

Are you talking about in IRC?

I am not in IRC ... I commented here, and so did others, that we did not like the first generation having the names off to the side. It does not look right. Neither does having the artwork so small.

Is he even reading these comments? blink.gif

I wish he would have a real conversation with us about matters like this before silently implementing a change like this.

Edited by missy_

Are you talking about in IRC?

I am not in IRC ... I commented here, and so did others, that we did not like the first generation having the names off to the side. It does not look right. Neither does having the artwork so small.

Is he even reading these comments? blink.gif

I wish he would have a real conversation with us about matters like this before silently implementing a change like this.

TJ reads all "these comments" - and I don't think he only comments in IRC.

But it is - inevitably - in IRC that you get the most immediate answers. When you are THERE you are having a real time conversation. In a thread - well, I've been off line for the last few hours, so... however interested I am, I am not reading and responding in the same was as that happens in IRC.

And anyone can go there at any time and join in.

However - it is his game, and he has the absolute right to do anything he likes. It behoves us to remember that. And - you don't like it, fair enough - but some people have commented that we DO like it. Me, for one xd.png

At first I was like, "Ehh, I'll get used to it I guess..." but the more I look at dragons with a longer generation, the more I am growing to hate it. I hope it changes back. :(