Shadlok

Lineage view change

Do you like this  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eeewwwwww gross ...

Most of mine are even-gen checkers, and YUK. If not for the color pattern you'd be hard put to figure out what the CB gen was on a 5-gen.

A stair I was given earlier today had that, and I honestly thought it was a glitch, it was so jarring and pretty much ruined the overall picture being made. It wasn't until my own breeding showed that too that I started looking for the thread to report a problem on.

Also notice the change for dead-lines, as in this Rosebud-Tombstone dragon.

That's not too bad, but see the first dead dragon, who was killed after the change.  He still has his name, and it looks kind of funky.

Snave,

It is not only the name showing on your first tombstone, it is the fact

when you click on it you get the lineage info instead of being like the

older deceased tombstones.

Perhaps you can "un-name" your tombstone, but the lineage change

has created a mess in my opinion for all of us.

And I really hate the mess this change in name position is causing...

Edited by grammydragon

I really, really prefer the original way.

If it's left aligned, I'll live, but still.

I do not like the rectangle boxes, especially when the first CB line is LONG and the rest is not. I wont mind once everything is the same.

But for now, no likey.

I would prefer the original view the way it is right now it's messing up several of my lineages I would prefer not having to take the names off my dragons to attempt to make my lineages look the way I want them to

I really don't like this. It ruins the symmetry of lineages that have had years of work put into them. Simply returning to wrapping names and having all the boxes the same size would make more sense. Change is not always progress.

I hate it!! It's ruined what was once some very beautiful lineages. I hope it's just a glitch sad.gif

No....just...no.

Seriously, I'm resorting to looking at my large EG lineages through AoND...and that says something

I am not fond of it... maybe I'll get used to it. But I doubt it.

If it's not a glitch, I hope it becomes an optional thing.

Edited by diaveborn

It looks hideous, and some of the lineages on my scroll have been utterly ruined by the names suddenly taking precedence over the sprites for no reason.

I'm not into even-gens, but I have to say that even lineages appear to be the least ruined in this case, to me. At least the shape is kept, although I have to admit I don't like the change at all.

Spirals and stairs look really weird. For example this one -> http://dragcave.net/lineage/IrQ5m It seriously needn't have been changed, not to mention the long lines with names next to small progenitor images make the lineage look kinda ugly - a nice stairstep and then suddenly a squashed part.

I'm not into even-gens, but I have to say that even lineages appear to be the least ruined in this case, to me. At least the shape is kept, although I have to admit I don't like the change at all.

Spirals and stairs look really weird. For example this one -> http://dragcave.net/lineage/IrQ5m It seriously needn't have been changed, not to mention the long lines with names next to small progenitor images make the lineage look kinda ugly - a nice stairstep and then suddenly a squashed part.

Eep, shape defs looks worse for wear when it comes to the stairstep.

Yeah, I'm generally not very fond of this new change. Hopefully it won't be like pagination where we just have to deal with it. ;n;

Lol... those stairs look terrible xd.png

THIS ONE in particular looks really off.

I personally do not like it at all ... *ahem* I find it rather hideous, really and can only hope that our fearless leader is only experimenting and will right things shortly.

I do not see any gain from this view but I do see many downsides to it. No need to break what isn't broken. Please bring back our pretty lineages.

I do not like the change at all.

The new format makes the first generation look insignificant, when it is actually the most important part of some lineages.

For example, this Dorkface and this descendant of Spriters Alts.

Lineages which have been built up through AP pickups, trades and, most of all, from the generous gifts of other players, are now not shown in their full beauty.

TJ, please change the lineages back.

Edited by old_duck

Oh my god, I'm so happy I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. I hate it so much! I've been avoiding looking at pretty lineages I absolutely love looking at because it is ruining them. Please fix! sad.gif

I think the smaller pictures for older generations look fine, but the change in positioning of the names in older generations can make longer lineages look really uneven. It's not such a problem for me personally, because my long lineages are mostly even-gens and the mass symmetry keeps those looking OK, but I feel really bad for people who have built long staircases. Those look awful now.

This would be another great candidate for scroll customization. There's no reason why people shouldn't be able to view their own lineages in either "collapsed" (new) or "expanded" (old) format, according to their own preference.

I guess I'm one of the few who sort of likes it. Of course, most of my fancy lineages are even, so stairs being affected doesn't really bother me. And honestly, I don't understand the hype over stairs as the stairstep pattern is still there, just that it's not as noticeable in the 1st generation. o.o'

tjekan's suggestion of making it optional, I really like.

I'll just sit here and be the only person who really likes the look of this change wink.gif

You are not alone. I like it too.

Though the long names making a very wide box thing - maybe such names could roll over to another line as long as the end result isn't taller than the sprite ? Which would mean two lines, I think.

Maybe if all the dragons had the name to the right more people would be happy?

I haven't been active for the last few months, so I don't know what's going on. Some of these lineages look okay I guess, but what's the point in shrinking the image when the image is the reason why people make and look at lineages?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ABfsS

Those last images are tiny. I can tell they're magis from the color and that there's no other dragon in the lineage, but with other breeds, that little square would have to be zoomed in to see. I just check and even in max zoom on FF it's still hard to see. Also people with unsteady hands would have a hard time clicking on such a tiny image. Accuracy isn't needed for clicking these as when hunting in the AP, but this is the size of a pygmy egg scrunched right next to other pygmy egg sized links.

I know not everything needs to be optional,, but I'd assume this would be better off optional, unless making lineages like this is conserving space.