I like fish. I mainly keep cichlids, the most feisty and sassy of all aquarium fish. I'm sure some will claim that bettas hold that title, but nope... cichlids are way more flippant with their attitudes.

I've got guppies. They're just the cutest. I don't do any real breeding, but I let them make babies all they want, so I basically have a self-perpetuating population. I only get new fish if I need to expand the gene pool a bit to get some new colors.

I've also got some cory cats, neons, and plecos, but the guppies are my favorites.

I've got guppies. They're just the cutest. I don't do any real breeding, but I let them make babies all they want, so I basically have a self-perpetuating population. I only get new fish if I need to expand the gene pool a bit to get some new colors.

I've also got some cory cats, neons, and plecos, but the guppies are my favorites.

Cory cats, neons, plecos, as well as platys are great for living with betta.

But DO NOT, I mean, DO NOT, put betta with goldsish OR guppies. Its just terrible. Really.

Throughout all my life with betta, all of them have been very calm. I even pulled off putting a couple dalmation mollies in with them. But my new betta is very aggressive. I might need to take my platy out.

Oh my gosh. I've had the worst of luck with bettas. I've had, like, seven before and they all died.

My first one was Todd, a blue betta. He lived in California with two cats. I was just a little kid when I got him and one day my cats got to him. Yeah, he died.

My next fish was Todd 2, and he was blue. My cats got to him again but I didn't find him until three days later, in a blanket.

My next fish was Todd 3, and he was also blue. I don't really remember how he died, but I know that he died xd.png

My next fish was Todd 4, and he was, guess what color? BLUE. He lived longer than my other two fish and we flushed him down the toilet because we had to move. He's probably dead now though >_>

I was obsessed with blue at the time I got those four fish, and I loved the name Todd. There's a joke in my family about all of the fish I've had xd.png

The next fish I got was named Phishy, and he was blue and green. I was cleaning his tank on day and I accidentally put him in a glass of water that was TO HOT. He got slow cooked. Yup, I killed him. On accident, of course!

The next fish I got was red and I didn't give him a name. I'm pretty sure he got to hot in my room and he turned belly up >_>

The last fish I got was named Sakana, which means fish in Japanese. He lived the longest out of all of my fish ever. I gave him to my friend because we had to move again and I got a text one day in Staples saying he died. By a mosquito bite. She held a fish funeral for him xd.png

So, I would suggest that nobody ever get a blue betta fish and name it Todd. JUST DON'T DO IT. It'll end up dead ._. I am never going to own a fish again because they always die, but I liked them when I had them. I'm much better at taking care of warm blooded creatures anyways~

So yeah, I had fish once but they died. I never put any other fish in the tank with them because I always thought they would attack any other fish, but I guess I was wrong *shurgs*

I've had many fish and I currently have one goldfish. He's been around for about a year smile.gif I love fish of all kinds, especially tropical ones!

Oh my gosh. I've had the worst of luck with bettas. I've had, like, seven before and they all died.

My first one was Todd, a blue betta. He lived in California with two cats. I was just a little kid when I got him and one day my cats got to him. Yeah, he died.

My next fish was Todd 2, and he was blue. My cats got to him again but I didn't find him until three days later, in a blanket.

My next fish was Todd 3, and he was also blue. I don't really remember how he died, but I know that he died xd.png

My next fish was Todd 4, and he was, guess what color? BLUE. He lived longer than my other two fish and we flushed him down the toilet because we had to move. He's probably dead now though >_>

I was obsessed with blue at the time I got those four fish, and I loved the name Todd. There's a joke in my family about all of the fish I've had xd.png

The next fish I got was named Phishy, and he was blue and green. I was cleaning his tank on day and I accidentally put him in a glass of water that was TO HOT. He got slow cooked. Yup, I killed him. On accident, of course!

The next fish I got was red and I didn't give him a name. I'm pretty sure he got to hot in my room and he turned belly up >_>

The last fish I got was named Sakana, which means fish in Japanese. He lived the longest out of all of my fish ever. I gave him to my friend because we had to move again and I got a text one day in Staples saying he died. By a mosquito bite. She held a fish funeral for him xd.png

So, I would suggest that nobody ever get a blue betta fish and name it Todd. JUST DON'T DO IT. It'll end up dead ._. I am never going to own a fish again because they always die, but I liked them when I had them. I'm much better at taking care of warm blooded creatures anyways~

So yeah, I had fish once but they died. I never put any other fish in the tank with them because I always thought they would attack any other fish, but I guess I was wrong *shurgs*

Ooh, lizzie.... Don't worry, I'm currently on Ronnie #20 x'3 Just kidding. He's only # one.... But I have gone through so many Brendan Urie's, its not even funny xd.png

I have a medium sized fresh water pond in my back yard. I have koi, goldfish, minnows, aaannnndddd ... Idk It's a modge podge of any fish I've found interesting or cute.

Funny thing about the minnows is they started as a school project a few years ago with two fish and multiplied into a TON. A few months ago I finally made the connection from the Coca-Cola bottle experiment to the school that swims in my pond.

I just don't have any luck with fish. My Uncle has a pond in his back yard and there are, I think, three Koi fish in it. I once saw a turtle too :> I might try breeding fish when I get older, but I plan on having a lot of rodentia~ (Like bunnies, and guinea pigs, and possibly rats, and a FOX but that's not a rodent)

I kind of want to get another fish, but it wouldn't be a betta this time. I don't know what other kind of fish I could get though... One that's fresh water and interesting. So I can prove to my family that I'm not a fish murderer! xd.png

@Raven, I like koi fish, but the only pond we have a lot of animals drink from. And our yard is to hilly to do anything with, so no pond for me. I didn't know goldfish could live in a pond though blink.gif

Edited by littlelizzie

But DO NOT, I mean, DO NOT, put betta with goldsish OR guppies. Its just terrible. Really.

I actually didn't have a problem with bettas and guppies? Like I've put bettas in with guppies more than once and had no problems with them. I guess it depends on the fish, maybe I just had nice bettas. tongue.gif

Goldfish can live in a pond but they're easy to see so things can catch them better

Oh, really? How big of a tank do you have?

I've got a 30 gallon tank now, but I used to have them in a 10 gallon.

Do Dolphins count?

Dolphins are not fish. wink.gif They are aquatic mammals.

I miss my dragonfish (violet gobi). I always thought they were creepy/awesome looking. smile.gif Used to have them in with a couple of blackmoors. That tank was awesome but a hot summer with no ac killed it.

Edited by SanguineWolf

Throughout all my life with betta, all of them have been very calm. I even pulled off putting a couple dalmation mollies in with them. But my new betta is very aggressive. I might need to take my platy out.

Also never keep a Betta with Barbs. Even when kept proerly in shaols Barbs will still nibble on trailing fins of any fish they are kept with. I've also found that Angel Fish aren't necesarily brilliant community fish either.

Well, I'm about 90% sure that I'm going to be starting a 10 gallon tank soon. Planning on making it planted, I've done a bunch of research but it will be my first time doing a planted tank. I am really hoping that it goes without problems as I am leaving to school and am being forced to leave my fish behind. I don't want to come home to find out my family has killed them all. So, would I be able to get some suggestions?

My little brother got a cliche goldfish at the fair once. It lived for four years.

I don't really know much about fish, but I've had to deal with treating several pet fish with ick. That's it.

Oh goodness, fish. Let's see.

I've got a 2 year old half-moon betta named Bettadict Timofin Carltuna Cumberfish in a ~5.5 gallon aquarium - he is the second fish I've ever owned.

I also have a 36 gallon bowfront FOWLR saltwater tank with 4 green chromis, a six-line wrasse, a bonded pair of ocellaris clownfish, a black sailfin blenny, and a great big condylactis anemone that tried to eat my hand once.

Question; why cant samurai fish be put in the same tank together?

Males will fight and kill each other.

I need to get some new fish.... the mollies that my brother got me back in april (for my birthday) are now dying sad.gif

I need to get some new fish.... the mollies that my brother got me back in april (for my birthday) are now dying sad.gif

If they're dying, there's a reason - it'd be irresponsible to get new fish right away until you can remedy the problem. What are your water parameters?

I used to have a couple of goldfish...maybe a few different species too, but I forgot xd.png

The most exotic? A Crown Beta I named "King." however, I am getting my room redone soon (hopefully), and I would like to get a fish tank in it.