earthgirl

Caveborn markers

I want this so hard. As it is I have to add a stupid extra bit to the names of non-CB dragons so I don't accidentally breed them as CB.

Actually, Lavinia, you're right - there's actually a link to the page of dragons on scrolls, etc.,, so that we can see that there's no lineage link on CBs.

So when we ask (beg! lol) for a 'lineage link', what we're really asking (begging, lol) for is a link to the dragon's page, with the same lineage links for lineaged dragons as elsewhere, so that we can see what we're doing when breeding without crashing the elderly gerbils powering our puters through having to have multiple pages up to check by codes, which only works on unnamed dragons anyway and in any event is a pain in the but-but-but why can't we have them?

Totally support. Please either this or make dragons clickable to direct to their view page when they are listed on breeding page so that if unsure I can check the lineage right there and hit back to continue and press breed instead of having to open new tabs and checking it separately. I have been really careful with my breeding and even then had some instances of misbred eggs, I can only imagine how much worse it will be for people who risk not checking lineage before breeding.

Support. And for those saying "No CB marker cause it makes it like CBs are special" and crap; just have CB and LN markers, if any at all. Done. Now stop it.

I'm for lineage links, im for markers. Either CB only or LN too. Idc. Just... something.

Failed to mention earlier that, as well as lineage links on breeding pages, some sort of marker to differentiate CB from lineaged dragons that would show on scrolls and breeding pages would be ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

People who do (or try to do, lol) a lot of breeding currently have to do 'outside' checking on separate pages (something hard on older puters, too, and taking forever with lag) among hundreds/thousands of dragons on a regular basis, and not being able to easily tell at a glance CB from lineaged dragons and not being able to access lineages on the breeding page as we can from other areas of DC seems ridiculous.

Are these all that difficult to code in?

It would also save a lot of stress on the server, I should think, drastically reducing people keeping extra pages up on which to conduct continual searching for dragons on them...

Maybe that would also help to reduce lag issues being suffered by so many people?

Mine's random, not a top of the hour thing but starting at all sorts of odd times; I'm now wondering how many humungous scrolls are being loaded as extra pages for mate searches for breeding attempts all over the site at these times...

Support.

It drives me insane to have to open dragons in different tabs to check their lineages when I'm breeding.

I think the whole tabs idea works a whole lot better. Various people care about various stuff and CB is just a small part of it, so why adress a small sub-set of the whole issue instead of tackling the whole thing in one go. Yeah it would be nice to know if things are CB, but so would it be to know if they are EG, inbred, stair, checker, etc.

I think the whole tabs idea works a whole lot better. Various people care about various stuff and CB is just a small part of it, so why adress a small sub-set of the whole issue instead of tackling  the whole thing in one go. Yeah it would be nice to know if things are CB, but so would it be to know if they are EG,  inbred, stair, checker, etc.

Actually, I believe that this specific suggestion is more so that people looking through, say, 4000 dragons for CB mates for however many dragons, can tell at a glance which dragons are CB without having to search through both the breeding page and then separate pages on their scroll EVERY FREAKING TIME to make sure the dragon is suitable, (and then risk having them Refuse, lol, and have to do the same thing again next time, lol,) since we don't have links to lineage pages on the breeding pages for ANY information on however many dragons we may have.

So would having a link to the tabs you suggest through a corresponding lineage marker perhaps be your secondary suggestion?

Although, except for the inbreeding part, simply having the lineage link on dragons on breeding pages, as they are on scrolls and everywhere else, would give us that information instead of having to load scrolls on however many other pages people now have to call up when breeding to locate and separately check EACH FREAKING ONE of these dragon's lineages every time.

And if we had accessible lineages from the breeding pages AND a CB/LN marker showing there, life would be SO much better and, I suspect, quite a lot of server drain reduced, when so many additional humungous scrolls were no longer continually being loaded just to see what the lineages are on various of hundreds or thousands of dragons on hundreds or thousands of scrolls when searching out mates in what's already a rather lengthy process even without what seems to be this unnecessary hassle.

I know nothing about coding myself, lol; would these things really be so difficult/time consuming, compared to everything else TJ does and has done?

Is this something too complicated for him to want to attempt, something he's been thinking about over the years we've been begging for it, but has simply lacked time to do or hasn't realized what a difference it would make to almost certainly most of the players on the site, (especially longer-term players,) since TJ seems to only keep one of each sprite himself, with permanent mates, and therefore likely selects only a few mates following each Release, rather than continually doing so, as more dragons, typically both CB and lineaged, are acquired?

Only TJ knows, and I wish he'd tell us...

I would think that rather than having a lineage link AND a marker telling if it is lineaged or CB, have a lineage link and if it is CB [ie no lineage] instead have "CB" or something.

Good point, Pokemonfan13.

Knowing nothing about coding, I also wasn't sure if it would be easier just to use the same coding for lineage links in all of the dragons everywhere,(since I believe that they're only not accessible on the breeding pages,) rather than just on the lineaged ones, lol.

Although I personally could live with doing a click or two on the breeding pages to check for CBs and return to the same place on the breeding page, even without the CB markers, as the usual hassle would have been eliminated.

It's certainly a time/resource-consuming pain as it stands...

Edit: also can't put a coherent sentence together, lol - had to (I hope) sort out a word salad. xd.png wanders back for MOAR COFFEEEEE

Edited by Syphoneira