earthgirl

Caveborn markers

This thing has been a pain for a while: When breeding 2 dragons for a lineage and not knowing which one is cave-born or lineaged and what not. And I have to go back and check those dragons by clicking on each one of them to see their lineage, while afraid to not misbreed them and screw up a pretty lineage.

I suggest we get a lineage link near every to-be-bred dragon's mate when we breed them, also, a CB marker nee those that are cave-born.

Anyone else with me?

It's a real pain, really. I messed up today an important lineage as well as other times when I just couldn't check! ><

I totally agree. I've messed up many a time by thinking so-and-so a dragon in caveborn/the lineage I want. it's even worse on dragons where I've messed up before as the mess up appears right at the top of the list.

I'm not even sure the caveborn marker is needed, the could just lack a lineage link, like currently on the dragon's page.

I use a naming convention, CBs are always Name I, 2nd gen is Name II, etc, 3rd gen is Name III. I don't know if that'll help you, but it's a fairly easy way around the problem.

What I would like is for the dragon's name to be listed on the breed page! That would make it easier to avoid misbreeds.

I use a naming convention, CBs are always Name I, 2nd gen is Name II, etc, 3rd gen is Name III. I don't know if that'll help you, but it's a fairly easy way around the problem.

What I would like is for the dragon's name to be listed on the breed page! That would make it easier to avoid misbreeds.

Since I rarely name my dragons, and I'm sure there are others like me uninspired with names, well naming doesnt help much in our cases. unsure.gif

KishaRA @ since CB dragons don't have lineages, I guess the CB marker still stands.

Edited by earthgirl

Something like that would be nice, yes. Most of my dragons are unnamed, but at least in my case they are all caveborn with some exceptions, so it's not very difficult to breed the right combos. But I can imagine a mess some people might have if their dragons aren't placed/named depending on their lineage.

Support. smile.gif

I support this. I also have a naming pattern to mark my dragon as CBs, but it is also pretty limiting - not every name sounds good with "Lord" or "Lady". It would be really nice if I didn't have to use this prefix and could still see which dragon is CB or not without having to look at their lineages...

I'm undecided about CB markers, there's nothing special about CBs that makes them more important for breeding than others, except for personal taste. But I'd VERY MUCH like a lineage link to make it easy to check which dragon we're looking at (CBs would just link to the picture you see when you replace the "view" with a "lineage" so it would help too, or they could be lacking the link as KishaRa said). Yes please!

Edited by dustpuppy

Support

I have a naming pattern too, but still it is a pain, that sometimes result in a total mess. A markers and lineage links would be of great help.

I would like this. I once bred my CB gold to the wrong autumn seasonal, thinking it was CB, but it wasn't. I never even noticed it wasn't until I checked one of the offspring.

I would love this. Even if I DO name all my dragons, it's still hard to keep track of who's caveborn and who's not. I would love a marker for all the different kinds of lineages (Even-Gen/Deadline/Staircase/Messy), but I know that's asking a lot.

Something the size of:

user posted image

(but obviously with a different image like a cave or even just a plain color like brown)

It could appear at the beginning of the name in the breeding page and in it's own section in the scroll page (with the option to turn it off and on).

Support so much. I messed up lineages because I didn't check well, this would be a perfect way to prevent that.

I would love this for my sec-gen hybrids! I'm trying for a scroll goal of all CB, and when one of my hatchies grows up I like to know which messy dragon I need to release.

Support from me! I use code names for all my breedable dragons, but some of them have names that don't sound good with a suffix. Also, I haven't yet devised different names for different kinds of lineages, so perfect stairs, perfect spirals, and perfect EGs all get the same one, and different generations also all get the same name after 2nd gen. So this would be really useful for me--it would save time and confusion.

Support! *o* That will be very helpful.

For exaple as for me, I don't like the idea to name my dragons according to their gen. So, sometimes it takes a lot of time to find cb mate.

I would LOVE this. I now have a naming pattern because it's the only way for me to tell on the breeding page which is CB and which is not, so having an actual indicator that the site gives me would be awesome.

Oh, please!

Lineage links on the breeding page would actually solve everything right there!

Would it really be that tricky to code, since they're linked virtually everywhere else?

I like this. I've messed up before too...

As for the naming thing; I name my dragons w/ specific names or phrases, so adding things like '2G' or 'CB' would mess that up... :/

Anyways. +1 support.

Support, it'd be far less cumbersome than having to look back through your scroll to find out each individual lineage.

Lineage link on breeding page: totally support!!

CB marker: No. Honestly this suggestion isn't that bad, but it still makes CB an in-game significance. I just don't support any sort of in-game CB acknowledgement, since CBs *mean nothing special* in-game. But a lineage link should work just as well!

Either a lineage link or a CB marker would be great! Maybe a lack of a lineage link could indicate a CB? It would seem appropriate as CB dragons have no lineage links on their pages.

Maybe a lack of a lineage link could indicate a CB? It would seem appropriate as CB dragons have no lineage links on their pages.

Agreed. It's already done on the site that lack of a lineage link means caveborn, which doesn't overstate the importance of caveborns (for some users, caveborn vs. lineaged is extremely important, for others it isn't important at all).

Anyway, this sounds like a great idea. smile.gif

Yup, the DC world definitely needs CB markers. You've got a nice idea biggrin.gif