nicknick88

Phillosophy

So if I were to try to offend or annoy you, you would change to agree with me? That's what it sounds like. I need to think of a way around that...

That makes no sense. There's a distinct line between making right decisions free of pre-determined world views, and just lacking all common sense.

P.S. In such a scenario, I'd probably keep calm and give no Please censor the whole word.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I must disagree with you, I make plenty of sense, maybe I should add a disclaimer to my siggy...

I must disagree with you, I make plenty of sense, maybe I should add a disclaimer to my siggy...

Suit yourself.

I can't read your mind to clearly tell what exactly you might have meant. All I have to go on is your message.

To you it might make perfect sense for all I know.

Edited by Ælex

Read my siggy.

EDIT: It does make perfect sense to me.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

My views on things change a lot. But often I've told myself to remain in counter-culture while still observing as objectively as possible. Doesn't mean I don't have feelings though.

My heart > my mind. Always. Maybe not the smartest thing, but I try to live as passionately and as fleetingly as possible. It's a rush.

I can't remember which one, but one of the first president's said a way to make people like you is to ask them to do favors for you. Why would they be doing favors for you if they didn't like you.

We believe that the power behind us is greater than the task ahead.

"If it was too easy, it wasn't worth it. The best of us come from our struggles for what we believe in."

I don't like the statement, "Ignorance of the law excuses no one."

It's just.. not fair. I mean well, depends. Ignorance IF there is laziness in knowing the laws- like not caring about the rules, then I think that's punishable.

If it's just not knowing even though one tried his best, then that's excusanble.

There's a clear distinction between the two.

What about

'Ignorance is bliss'?

I don't live by it though xd.png

hmmm...

'Never give up giving up'

I think thats a philosophy

(is that Justin Beiber?? Ugh)

That's a harsh way of putting it.

Yes it is, I also know that I'm not always right. (I am, however, never wrong.)

Actually, I should like to indicate my member title.

Here's some more good ones:

Out of control is just code for 'I don't want to admit I'm the kind of person who would do such things.' It's a lie. - Vergere

Freedom is always alarming. - Vergere

Orders not backed by force are only suggestions. - Vergere

You should prepare yourself to live with the consequences of your decisions, whatever they may be. - Vergere

I tell you the truth, I'm lying. (Which makes perfect sense to me.)

What about

'Ignorance is bliss'?

I disagree.

"Ignorance of ignorance is bliss."

When you know you don't know all the facts over something, it can be hell.

^ oh well xd.png

I just had this really good one... Forgot it... Something to do with smartness, the mind or something... *shrugs* maybe you guys will think of it xd.png

Yes it is, I also know that I'm not always right. (I am, however, never wrong.)

You have no idea how many years I spent taking that position. I could never understand why people with the same set of information I had would draw different conclusions. The only reason I could think of was that they just weren't applying logic properly.

It was only when I got my Aspergers diagnosis that I came to the realisation that everybody didn't have the same set of information I did. Very little in life is 100% clear and logical, right and wrong. Experience colours perception, and perception effects what is 'correct'. Every single person in this world is working from slightly differing sets of information - some of which may not be information that it's possible to make available to the people they are speaking to. Just because I percieve something one way doesn't nesecarily mean the way I percieve it is better or somehow more 'right' than the way someone else does.

Realising that has actually been key to building good inter-personal relationships. I used to be a very 'difficult' person to get on with, and very akward socially. I'm still not the easiest in social situations, but I'm a massive amount better than I was. And somewhat less didactic about things too. (Unless I'm having a moment, and revert to type. I do have to actively be thinking about it).

Edited by TikindiDragon

I honestly have no idea what you just said.

Not everything is logic, mathematics, true/false. People can and will form different opinions to yours because life has taught them different things. That their life lessons, and their conclusions, are different to yours does not make them any less valid.

And, if that doesn't help, give it 15 years (and, in my case, a breakdown, alcoholism and a mental health diagnosis) and you may see what I mean.

Ah, I see. Well, if there's no real right and wrong, I guess I'm inclined to hate everything and possibly start killing people.

But I'm not going to do that. (That would be stupid.)

I would like to ask, are my opinions any less valid than yours?

That is, of course, a trick question.

Ah, I see. Well, if there's no real right and wrong, I guess I'm inclined to hate everything and possibly start killing people.

But I'm not going to do that. (That would be stupid.)

I would like to ask, are my opinions any less valid than yours?

That is, of course, a trick question.

I think you have still failed to understand my point. That life experiences influence opinions does not mean that there can be no such thing as right and wrong. The realisation that not everything is mathematics (that, sometimes, there is no such thing as an incorrect answer) also doesn't negate morality. That grey exists does not mean that black and white do not also exist.

But, there again, this is my life experience talking.

Edited by TikindiDragon

My philosophy in life is so complicated that I never seem to stop pondering exactly what guidelines it is I follow. Recently, though, I've discovered for myself that this uncertainty and misdirection is exactly my way in life. I don't chose a set of rules and abide by them, I change the rules for myself depending on my predicament.

I suppose you could say, I continuously examine the chaotic nature of the daily human experience, and shift with it, rather then trying to force it to my benefit.

So if I were to try to offend or annoy you, you would change to agree with me? That's what it sounds like. I need to think of a way around that...

Wait - how did you come to this conclusion?

It's like... Think of some different people in your life. Think of the obvious or even subtle ways your behavior and maybe even the language you use changes around your parent, your teacher, and your various friends. Now imagine applying that to situations, instead. Depending on the situation, it might be best to just go with the flow or it might be best to create a dialogue and discuss with people. Rather than trying to force things that you can't force, you go with the flow. This doesn't mean giving up your own set of morals - just changes how you may react to different scenarios. Ex. Disagreeing with one person may get you nowhere but being frustrated, but disagreeing with another person may open up a dialogue in which both of you learn something, depending on the person.

So if you were trying to offend or annoy someone, Ælex in this case, instead of trying to get you to change, they might walk away or just keep saying 'okay' to placate and eventually bore you into bothering someone else.

But if you only make sense to you and no one else, how much sense is that really? When discussing, isn't the point to try and make yourself understandable to the other person? otherwise, it isn't much of a discussion. ^^

I think you have still failed to understand my point. That life experiences influence opinions does not mean that there can be no such thing as right and wrong. The realisation that not everything is mathematics (that, sometimes, there is no such thing as an incorrect answer) also doesn't negate morality. That grey exists does not mean that black and white do not also exist.

You're right, I messed up with my response there. I could have worded it better. I don't believe life to be so simple as to have a grey. My above question still stands.

Wait - how did you come to this conclusion?

Honestly, Sock, I don't remember. I believe I misunderstood.

But if you only make sense to you and no one else, how much sense is that really? When discussing, isn't the point to try and make yourself understandable to the other person? Otherwise, it isn't much of a discussion. ^^

Hmm... I think that makes it almost impossible to discuss with me then. Few people understand me.

You're right, I messed up with my response there. I could have worded it better. I don't believe life to be so simple as to have a grey. My above question still stands.

Honestly, Sock, I don't remember. I believe I misunderstood.

You expected an answer to an admittedly trick question? I wasn't sure from your wording whether or not you were being rhetorical.

Hmm... I think that makes it almost impossible to discuss with me then. Few people understand me.

To a certain extent that can depend on how you are defining the phrase "understand me.".

If you mean "understand what truly makes me tick as a person." then, yeah, for most people there are very few people that understand them deeply that way. There's very little that you can do to change that in people except spend a lot of time actually *with* them, talking to them.

If, on the other hand, you mean "comprehend what my words mean." then that is an issue with your communication. Learning to express yourself better will lead to people comprehending your meaning more. At least within the realms of their own capabilities of doing so.