nicknick88

Phillosophy

What are some Philosophies you live by? Here are some of mine?

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then if life takes the lemonafe, filters out all the sweet stuff, and gives you the sour stuff, squirt it right back into life's eyes!

Oh how quickly your friends turn on you.

Trust is not to be given to just anyone.

Feelings are like Digimon: Jacked up and difficult to understand

Better one hour of life in freedom than forty years of slavory and jail.

Respect is gained not given.

If your home dosn't sutisfy you change it.

Everything is flowing. (Τα πάντα ρει)

Generally these but in some situation I follow more.

Respect is gained not given.

Many people feel this way and it always puzzles me. Someone can certainly lose my respect and I can also come to respect someone a lot more than I initially did - but when I meet someone I treat them with respect until they prove me wrong.

Normally I would say 'trust' is gained not given, but whatever works for you.

Mine:

Don't spend more than what you earn.

Be prepared.

I love this thread.

"There are reasons each of us are born; we have to find those reasons." -Iroh (Avatar: Last Airbender)

When life gives you lemon, take it because hey, free lemons.

"Anyone who would give up a little freedom for a little security deserved neither and will lose both.".

"On and on the River flows, and we the Undertow."

Edit to add:

"Philosophy is Common Sense with big words."

Edited by TikindiDragon

"Trust no one, and no one trusts you."

"Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal."

"There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance."

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your d--n lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" - Cave Johnson (Edited for the kiddies lol.)

“Regret for the things we have done will be tempered by time. It is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” - Sydney J. Harris

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

"Just keep swimming." - Dory, Finding Nemo

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

"Pride only hurts, it never helps." - Marsellus Wallace, Pulp Fiction

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

"Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you’re William Hurt."

"When life gives you lemonaide, make lemons. Life will be all like, 'Whaaaat?!'"

More Here

Edited by SanguineWolf

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal."

I 've heard something simillar about love:

"Love is a fire, but you don't know if it will warm your heart or burn your house."

About speaking in my country we say this adage:

"Tongue hasn't bones, but she's smashing them"

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your d--n lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" - Cave Johnson (Edited for the kiddies lol.)

Well, that's a bit harsh. sad.gif But I want the lemons and make lemonade *takes as much lemons as I can... Like a ninja* ninja.gif

Success is the best revenge. wink.gif

Working on that.

Also, there are opportunities in the bad things. Opportunities are everywhere.

"When life hands you lemons, make root beer and have everyone wonder how the hell you did it."

"It's not illegal unless you're caught."

“I hold that belief in God is not merely as reasonable as other belief, or even a little or infinitely more probably true than other belief; I hold rather that unless you believe in God you can logically believe in nothing else” - Cornelius Van Til

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"It's not illegal unless you're caught."

I actually disagree with that. And somehow I really get angry because this is usually the case. 98% of the time.

“I hold that belief in God is not merely as reasonable as other belief, or even a little or infinitely more probably true than other belief; I hold rather that unless you believe in God you can logically believe in nothing else” - Cornelius Van Til

I love that, so much

I actually disagree with that. And somehow I really get angry because this is usually the case. 98% of the time.

It's a joke.

*shrugs* Bah, so sorry. It's just I'm always caught- even before doing something, or for something I didn't do.

-----

An example:

In our school, lower batch have less cheating cases than us. We have more. My older sister's batch is even more. (We're the transition batch)

The younger ones are experiencing the changes in the school- better ones. They benefit much more. They have less cases in cheating not because the older batch, my older sister batch, is bad, but because they are caught much easier. Anyway, the younger ones are more of masters of the art so.. Caught less. And thus the case in the discipline office.

Actually, our batch is already having this mastery of the art but nothing compares to the younger ones. They're annoying. wink.gif

P.S. Basically, I don't really care much on this but whenever I see injustice, I get angry. Even if it does not affect me.

Edited by georgexu94

IKR George, no matter what I do, I get caught, even though no one else does, there's always at least one kid in the class like that.

Don't cry because it happened, smile because it's over.

biggrin.gif I love that one! It also works: Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened. laugh.gif