Princess Kiara

Wishing Crane

Have you heard of Wishing Crane before?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all! I was just randomly surfing the Internet when I found this little Web site called Wishing Crane, where you can make a wish, have others fold virtual paper cranes for your wish, and have it come true once you've collected enough cranes.

I found this to be an intriguing idea. Not only did it remind me of Sadako Sasaki's heart-wrenching story, but it also seemed a wonderful way to have fun, help others out, and maybe have a wish or two come true. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that it's free!

So I just thought I'd share this with you all, and maybe make a place to consolidate all our wishes in one place and lend each other a helping hand.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. Please fold some cranes for my wishes, getting a Romanian-English dictionary to prepare for studying abroad and being able to get some Howrse passes, and I'll fold for yours. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Edited by Princess Kiara

I've never heard of that before. It's a good idea! I'm going to try it. Now I just have to come up with a wish....

Wow, that sounds as an interesting thing... C:

I wish one day i'll have Polychromos pencils <3 But they're too expensive...

Then make a wish, maybe you'll eventually get enough cranes <3 And I'm sure we'll all be very glad to help, just provide us with the link to your wish biggrin.gif

I don't understand how this works. What is the value of a crane? Do you have to spend money to give people cranes?

[x] I hope your wishes come true but I don't really trust that site

From the site:

"What is the purpose of this site? We have two. [...] The other purpose is to extend our knowledge about user behavior on certain types of websites by compiling usage data."

"Your account, wishes and other information you submit to the site will be used in tracking, heuristics development and other future endeavors."

It seems odd that they don't say how the wishes are supposed to come true, even though they claim it is "top priority". I'm not saying don't do it, just keep your expectations realistic and be careful with your information. Good luck! smile.gif

I read a book called Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. I think that the stories are similar. The ending is so sad though. In the back of the book, it teaches you how to make paper cranes! I memorized the steps, but I may have to fish out the actual book. I forgot where I put it...

@7Deadly$ins: Nope, you don't have to spend money biggrin.gif . The value of a crane is "between 1 and 2 cents".

You just get people to visit your wish and click "Fold a crane for this wish". smile.gif

@dustpuppy: I know, and am keeping that in mind. Hence no personal info biggrin.gif

@7Deadly$ins: Nope, you don't have to spend money biggrin.gif . The value of a crane is "between 1 and 2 cents".

You just get people to visit your wish and click "Fold a crane for this wish". smile.gif

@dustpuppy: I know, and am keeping that in mind. Hence no personal info biggrin.gif

Yeah but... how many cranes does it take to fulfill a goal? Then what? Basically I just don't see a connection between cranes and accomplishing a goal because they don't talk about how that part happens.

There's also the wishing stars, if you've heard of them? Here's a tutorial link: [link] :3 I personally like them better, they take up less space, and you can make them with scrap paper instead of squares, and you can put them in jars if you want. Keeps it all tidy and nice!

I think it was the same concept, 1000 stars for a wish, but I usually fold them as stress-relievers. Just something to keep your hands busy, or something to distract you when you're upset.

Edited by Xylene

I have read Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes when I was very young and used to happy endings so the story was very 'different' for me, I think I shall check out this website.

Edited by mipuppy1

o.o There's a site like this? Ah, I'm feeling really sentimental right now; in the 5th grade, students folded a thousand paper cranes for our principal ;^;

Like some of the posters above, I too read Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes too.

I don't trust it.

Folding cranes for things?

How would the item get to you?

Either way, Good luck with your wish.

I fold my own paper cranes in real life. I haven't done much folding in quite a while but I still have all my origami paper. tongue.gif

I don't trust things like this online.

I just got a wishing crane. I'll make a crane for your's if you make a crane for mine! smile.gif Also that goes for anyone. If they send me a link to it I'll make a crane for them as long as they make one for mine!

user posted image

EDIT: I redone my wish and made this cool error message for people to click on it.

Edited by Silent_Vampire

I went to check the site, and lost a tiny bit of what little faith I had for humanity left when I saw that most people want youtube fame for their let's play channels.