Divided Nations

The Beginning of the War

It was a nice sunny day when two men decided to go hunting. They found a small group of dragons in a cave nearby. The men killed two of the dragons and then tried to take the two dragons they killed with them, then realising it would take to long for them to carry the dragons back to their village before the other dragons realised what was going on. So they just left the dragons in the cave before running away. When the other dragons woke up they were outraged by the loss of the two dragons. The other dragons wanted revenge so they went to the village where the two men lived and burnt it down. Shortly afterwards lots of humans joined together to kill every single dragon. The dwarves joined the humans because the dragons keep on stealing their gold and gems. Before long the dragons' were outnumbered but the elves came to the dragons aid because of their dislike to humans and dwarves because long ago the dwarves and humans kept on teasing the elves about how thin they were and of their pointed ears. Before long a battle started to break out and many people/creatures died.

Plot

The dragons and elves have roamed this land before any other animals until the humans came. Dwarves then came sailing on big ships to this island. No one knows were the humans and dwarves came from but rumour says that it was a small island west of this one. The elves then went into hiding for protection from the humans and dwarves. The dragons being brave and strong just continued as normal as any other day. The dwarves started mining for gold in the mountains and when the dragons saw the gold they instantly wanted it for themselves. No one knows why dragons are attracted to gold so much but people think it's because it looks so shiny. The dragons then started raiding the dwarves' towns, villages and kingdoms for gold and soon the dwarves started to dislike dragons.

It has been 100 years since the first war broke out between dragons and humans. Small fights and scuffles occasionally happen but that makes the hostility between dragons and humans even worse. The dragons and humans rivalry has still continued after 100 years. The dragons are planning a war with the humans along with the help of the elves and the humans are also planning on how they will kill the dragons with the aid of dwarves. You are either a dragon, elf, dwarf or human and you will have to fight in this war.

Rules

1. Follow all DC Forum Rules.

2. Keep romance at PG-13. If you want to start a relationship with someone else’s character please PM before you get too romantic.

3. Keep violence at PG-13. If you want to kill someone else’s character please PM before you do kill them.

4. Keep grammar and punctuation in mind when typing. All posts have to be at least 4 sentences minimum.

5. To prove that you have read the rules write tomato sauce in the ‘other’ section when filling out your character sheet.

6. Be respectful to other players please. Remember they have feelings as well.

7. No more than 3 characters per person.

8. If your character is a dragon it must be a DC dragon.

9. Put ((Type Stuff here)) if doing OCC please.

10. PM me all character sheets.

11. Have fun.

Lands

Cryton is a big island with lots of trees, mountain and deserts. There are two kingdoms that cover this land, the Kingdom of Eldra and the Kingdom of Dwaman. There is a small island east of Cryton that is said to have healing powers in the water. Many people and dragons have gone there but they have never come back.

The Kingdom of Eldra: Is where the dragons and elves live. The elves' capital city is Liathan and their ruler is Queen Arya. The dragons' capital city is Gondra and their ruler's King Tether. The Kingdom of Eldra has forests to the east and south, mountains to the north and deserts to the west. A large river runs right through the middle of this kingdom and a big lake is just west of the elven capital city. The two capital cities are right in the middle of a large forest where food is plentiful and where the trees grow tall.

The Kingdom of Dwaman: Is where the humans and dwarves live. The humans' capital city is Cyleion and their ruler is King Reinold. The dwarf city is called Elmor and their ruler is King Norur. The Kingdom of Dwaman has forests to the west and north and mountains to the east and south. There are no deserts in this Kingdom due to it being so wet. The eastern part of the forest is more of a swamp. There is loads of moss growing there and it is all slimy and slippery. In the mountains the dwarves mine for gold so that they can buy food and supplies of merchants.

Races

Dragons: Are fierce creatures with huge claws and wings. If you ever come across a dragon by yourself you would probably die. Dragons like to eat meat (preferably deer) but some are herbivores and can only eat leaves, berries etc. All dragons hate humans and will try to kill human that still lives.

Elves: Are the fairest and most peaceful race. They do not eat meat because they don’t like hurting animals. They have tall slender bodies with pointed ears and use bow & arrows as their main weapon. Some elves use swords and spears as well but they are more adapt with bows. Elves can hear very far away and they have excellent eye sight.

Dwarves: Are a proud race and are about 3 foot tall. Dwarves are very good miners and they love gems, diamonds, crystals and gold. Dwarves mainly use axes when fighting because swords are just too big for them. Some dwarves use small bows and maces but it’s mainly just axes. Dwarves eat a lot of meat and drink lots of ale. They have low deep voices and are very loud when walking through a forest.

Humans: Come in many different shapes and sizes. Some are big some are small but they all have one thing in common, they hate dragons. Humans use many different types of weapons swords, spears, axes, bows, maces; whatever they can get their hands on. Humans are very violent and will kill anything that gets in their way. Humans are big meat eaters like dwarves and they also drink a lot of ale.

Dragons

Dragons you cannot use are

- Dinos

- Neglected

- Cheese

- Paper

- Shimmers

- Tinsels

- Zombies

- Guardian of Nature

- Vampire

I will only allow 1 of each holiday dragon. PM me if you want a tinsel, vampire, shimmer etc and give a reason.

Jobs

King/Queen ~ PM me if you want to be the King of dwarves, humans or dragons.

Royal Guard ~ The people/elves/dwarves/dragons who guard the King/Queen.

Healer ~ Someone who heals/treats the wounded.

Warrior ~ Does most of the fighting.

Hunter ~ Hunts for food.

Scout ~ Looks ahead for danger and makes sure there are no intruders.

Messenger ~ Takes messages to other towns/villages on what's happening.

Character sheets

Dragon

Forum username: What you signed in as

Name: Your characters name

Personality: What is your character like

Talents: Jumping, swimming, fighting etc

Job: warrior, healer, scout, messenger etc

Appearance: An image would be nice

Dislikes: What does your character dislike

History: (optional)

Other:

For humans, elves and dwarves

Forum username: what you singed in as

Name: Your characters name

Personality: What is your character like

Weapon: swords, bows, axe, spear etc

Talents: Running, climbing, swimming etc

Job: warrior, healer, scout, messenger etc

Appearance: an image would be nice

Dislikes: what does your character dislike

History: (optional)

Other:

Accepted characters

Forum username: 0023567467

Name: Mist

Personality: Mist is friendly and honest all the time. When she does someone else's feelings she feels sorry about it for weeks.

Talents: Mist has very good stealth and she can read peoples minds.

Job: Warrior

Appearance: user posted image

Dislikes: Squirrels, light, pranks

Other: censorkip.gif

Edited by 0023567467

The dragon’s capital city is Gondra and their ruler s King Tether.

Get rid of the space...

It was a nice sunny day when two men decided to go hunting. They found a small group of dragons in a cave nearby. The men killed three of the dragons before running away.

Why did the men kill the dragons without taking the meat, instead just run away?

You need a bit more of a plot/history, how did the dragons get here, who came first dragons or humans? Why did the elves help the dragons, why did the dragons steal the dwarf's gold?

Answer those in your plot and that should beef it up a fair bit... I'll look again soonish biggrin.gif

No problem, OK, this is me going through the whole lot... Here's the stuff i picked up on, oh and I'm not an approver or anything, so you'll still need one and some things i might miss smile.gif

- shimmers

-tinsels

-neglected

- cheese

- paper

- guardian of nature

- dinos

- holidays

- zombies

chicken

Everything should be capitalized except OF in Guardian of Nature smile.gif

and Neglected and Tinsels have no space, and chicken has no hyphon.

Other than that, i cant see anything else, nice biggrin.gif

The beginning of the war

Title, so should be The Beginning of the War

... the dwarves started to not like dragons.

Dosent really make sence, change it to something like the dwarves started to dislike/hate the dragons.

Fullstop at the end of every rule.

Cryton is a big island with lots of trees, mountain and deserts. There are two kingdoms that cover this land, the kingdom of Eldra and the kingdom of Dwaman.

Every time it says "the Kingdom of Blahblahblah" you need kingdom and the name captalized.

Thats pretty much all your gonna get from me, other than that stuff you fixed, looks good!

Dont know for sure, im not an actual approver so i have no say tongue.gif

But probably PM an Approver NICELY and link them up biggrin.gif

Give it until the 20th before PM'ing one... You gotta be patient. Some RP's take months to even be noticed...

Whoops, looks like this got left sitting for a bit! I'll do some critique now.

Before long the dragons were outnumbered but the elves came to the dragons aid because of their dislike to humans and dwarves because long ago the dwarves and humans kept on teasing the elves about how thin they were and of their pointed ears.

"dragons" should be "dragons' ". (That is, you need an apostrophe at the end of it.)

The elves then went into hiding for protection from the humans and elves.

I believe that final "elves" was meant to be "dwarves".

The dragons then started raiding the dwarves towns, villages and kingdoms for gold and soon the dwarves started to dislike dragons.

Add an apostrophe to the end of the first "dwarves".

The dragons and humans rivalry has continued to grow and is almost at breaking point, the dragons are planning a war with the humans along with the help of the elves and the humans are also planning on how they will kill the dragons with the aid of dwarves.

I thought the dragons and humans were already at war? If the war ended in the 100 years it's been, you should specify that back when you say it's been 100 years.

The elves capital city is Liathan and their ruler is Queen Arya. The dragon’s capital city is Gondra and their rulers King Tether.

Add an apostrophe to the end of "elves". "dragon's" should be "dragons' ". "rulers" should be "ruler's".

The human’s capital city is Cyleion and their ruler is King Reinold.

"human's" should be "humans' ".

You've got an extra space between the section on dragons and the section on elves than you do between the other sections.

They have low deep voices and are very load when walking through a forest.

"load" should be "loud".

Some are big some are small but they all have one thing In common, they hate dragons.

The I in "In" should be lowercase. The comma should be a colon.

I'm guessing you want this in other roleplays?

Alright, then, approved! Have fun roleplaying. smile.gif