guy person

The Forgotten Island

The Forgotten Island

History

On an island, somewhere on one of an unknown planet's great bodies of water, life once thrived. This planet is not in our solar system, but once was a place where elves and humans lived together in harmony in the only city on the island. The elves would hunt and the humans would trade with the elves and the surrounding islands. The humans would trade almost anything if they were given a decent item in return. Many creatures inhabited the island, including hippogryphs, griffins, unicorns, pegasi and dragons. These creatures lived throughout the wilderness and sometimes hunted each other. These creatures were also pets to the wealthy in the city.

Orcs lived on this island in small tribes. They hated the elves and the humans, because the elves and the humans killed and raided the tribes of orcs. Within these tribes there were ogres- massive creatures used for battle. The ogres were untamed monsters, until the orcs tamed them. One night the orcs tricked the humans into attacking the elves. War broke out on the island, and after a while the humans fell and were driven from the island, and there were few elves left. Many creatures that were pets to the humans and elves had died, for they were not used to working to survive. The elves and humans never came back to inhabit the island, and the elves that survived the war never left the island.

------------------------

Plot

No one ever returned to the island because they were a superstitious people. They thought a supernatural force would make them fall if they went to the island, and eventually forgot about the island. Few elves tried to leave because there was decent living on the island, if you stayed away from the orcs.The city is damaged and uninhabited, what is left of the civilization is destroyed. The remaining elves wander the island and rarely hurt the creatures living there. The orc tribes now rule the island. You are one of these creatures (as a hatchling/youngling) trying to survive, thrive and grow on The Forgotten Island.

------------------------

Map

user posted image

------------------------

Rules

1.) All the DC forum rules apply.

2.) Keep violence and romance at a PG-13 level, if you want your character to have children keep it as vague as possible.

3.) You can play as any creature ( hippogryphs, griffins, unicorns, pegasi, and dragons) that inhabit the island. just so there's no confusion if you choose a dragon it has to be a DC dragon

4.) You may have up to four characters.

5.) Decent grammar is prefered.

6.) If you read the rules put Zatctot (zebras are the coolest things out there cool.gif ) in other.

7.) You can not mate one creature with a different type of creature ex: dragon x hippogryph.

8.) You can use colors unless they are bright

9.) I only allow 2 of each dragon species (one male one female), excluding those with alts, and nebulae.

10.) No godmode, mary sue or gary stu.

11.) Do not swear or cuss.

------------------------

Form

PM the forms to me so i don't forget about the role play biggrin.gif .

[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Gender: [/B]
[B]Species:[/B] (post a picture if you like)
[B]Appearance:[/B] (the defining characters of its appearance)
[B]Personality:[/B] 
[B]Crush/Mate:[/B] (I assume that you wont have a mate 'till your character is an adult)
[B]Talents:[/B] 
[B]Other:[/B] 

I'll post accepted characters on the OCC thread, once I get one up. OCC

Edited by guy person

OCC: welcome, go ahead and send me character apps. and baby hippagryphs, pegasi and unicorns are called foals. griffins lay eggs, so their younglings are called hatchlings. We will obviously be starting right form the egg, or otherwise.

IC: Dabberjack cracked through his egg's shell, as he did this he looked around and thought Whoa, thats a lot of eggs... As he looked around, Dabberjack thought he saw eggs cracking and foals rising from their slumber.

Edited by guy person

Lydia wanted too get out of her egg. With one big push the egg cracked open and Lydia fell out. There were other eggs around her that were cracking open as well. She saw one egg that was almost open and walked over too it. "Come on sleepy head"." she said to the hatchling.

"Oh, good" he began "I'm not the only one awake" Dabberjack broke the rest of the way out of his shell and looked at lydia. "Who are you?" he asked

The Skywing finally broke her egg open, and proceeded to fall out of it, "Ow..." She moaned. "Help me!" She yelled after looking at herself. Edited by MasterWeavile898

Dabberjack forgot his earlier question and raced over to the skywing. "what do you need help with?" he asked. She seemed fine to Dabberjack

"I can talk!" She cried, "And I know what that means!" She cried some more, "What's wrong with me!" She finally "stood" up, "Help me!" Edited by MasterWeavile898

Alatum was broken out of his slumber by the cries of a voice he did not recognize. He slowly arose, somewhat groggily on his tall legs. As he did so, the black Pegasus was able take in his surroundings, and he noticed that there was something missing.

"Where are my parents?" He wondered aloud.

"Calm down" He said, "whats wrong?" moments after he said that his legs ceased to hold him up. Dabberjack fell over "Oohf" he said when he hit the ground maybe I should try walking later... he thought

The Skywing did not even notice the other dragon fall over, "I told you!" her tears were flowing heavily, "I can talk! Why can I talk?!"

"Huh?" Dabberjack began "You don't like the fact that you can talk?" He picked himself back up with his tiny wyvern wings and blinked at the skywing with confusion.

The Skywing blinked at him, "Well, yeah. I like that I can talk." She had stopped crying for a moment, "But how can I talk! And how do I know what I'm saying?!" She began crying again.

(OOC: I feel bad for Dabberjack's ears.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

(OCC: I know right)

IC: Dabberjack stared at the skywing. "You have ears right? you can hear yourself with your ears" he continued staring for a while

Iktria was very upset, "But how do I know what ears are?!" This dragon just did not get it, "And how do I know my name?!" She realized she had not known her name a moment ago., "Well actually I didn't know my name until just a moment ago, I'm Iktria by the way." Edited by MasterWeavile898

More crying brought Alatum's attention to a different section of the cave. Curious, he walked over.

"Excuse me, but could one of you tell me exactly what is going on?" He asked.

'I'm confused" He said "but my name is Dabberjack" He turned to the pegasis "well this hatchling is very confused and sad" he turned and slowly walked around to look at the other eggs

Edited by guy person

Iktria saw a new creature coming over, "I can talk!" She cried again. "I'm Iktria." She was not sure why she was telling him her name, "And I know what I'm saying!" She continued crying. Edited by MasterWeavile898

Linden wiggled in her egg, which was quite cramped and uncomfortable. Definitely not a suitable home. She frowned, pushing her paw against the shell, feeling something wet and slimy. Linden squirmed some more, hearing muffled noises from the other side. She gave a mighty kick, and tumbled out of the shell. The foal blinked, attempting to stand up. There were big creatures around her. She felt uneasy.

"H, Hello," she said to them. "What are you? Do you eat meat?"

Dabberjack turned to look at the new creature "Yes I do eat meat, but I wont eat you, if that's what your wondering" He sniffed the creature and looked at her.

Edited by guy person

"I don't know!" Iktria yelled at the creature, "Can't you see this is an emergency! I'm Iktria, just so you know." She thought about the question again, "I think I eat meat. But I can talk!" She cried.

Alatum snorted at Iktria.

"Is that why you are crying?" He said in disbelief.

Then he turned to the newest arrival.

"Of course I don't eat flesh, that would be ridiculous."

"Think about it!" Iktria screamed, "I wake up for the first time in a dark egg, climb out and somehow know how to talk?! How?!" Iktria then broke down, why didn't any of them understand her?

OCC: Iktria gets this Exceedingly Rare Fish With An Evil Monocle (((§ _◊)))

IC: "who are you" Dabberjack asked the new creature

((Haha.))

Cerise opened her eyes to see something glowing. Oh, it's myself. And this... home? No, it's a burden. She frowned when she heard sobbing. She froze, then got annoyed. She started ramming her egg until a beam of light seeped in. She smiled to herself and did it again. This time, it created a large hole. She crawled out and stretched. She walked towards the sobbing skywing and tapped her back. "Can you please stop? Why are you crying?" She asked in an annoyed tone. Her stomach rumbled rather loudly.

((Might change colors for the text))

Edited by Onixthebunny1

"Haven't you been listening?!" Iktria was really getting tired of that question, "I can talk!" She was getting more and more upset every time she said it, "And no one understands!"