Moonbeam22

End to Corruption

History

Twenty years ago, the unspeakable happened. The criminal groups of Team Rocket and Team Plasma joined forces to fufill their dreams of total control. They stowed away underground, planning in secret how they would gain the power to force everyone into submission. Recruits swarmed their facilities to help. Most were young, foolish people hungry for money and power. They trained under the leadership of Zystre. Zystre was a trainer himself, but he was violent, cruel, and abusive to his Pokemon. When his prized Hydreigon was taken from him, he forced his way to power and created the first Corrupt Ball. Unlike any other PokeBall, Corrupt Balls infect Pokémon and transform them into violent savages under the total control of whoever holds the Ball. Even when destroyed, the Corrupt Ball's effect does not fade.

It was Zystre that united the shattered Teams and formulated the plan of control. It took nearly two years, but Chaos was ready to emerge.

Using the invention of the Corrupt Ball, the newly formed Team Chaos enslaved thousands of Pokémon they deemed powerful. With the incredible strength of the now mindless and savage Pokémon, the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova were combined into one landmass named Oblivia. The name Oblivia was chosen to mock the Rangers, as the Teams loathed them most of all people associated with Pokémon.

Every person and pokemon was now forced to bend to the will of Team Chaos. Only the weak, unevolved pokemon were ignored and left to die out. Starter Pokémon were cherished above all else, as their power was both feared and admired by all. Very few dared to resist, as most people were imprisoned or publicly executed if they did. All hope seemed lost to humans, but one force still remained: The Legendary Pokèmon.

Fifty human trainers, breeders, and rangers were saved and taken from Oblivia to the island where Mew was born. This sacred location was called Solum Natale, or 'Birthplace'. It had been removed from Oblivia, as the Arceus deemed it too pure of a place to remain in the corrupt new world. The Legendaries allowed the humans to settle there and left them with these words:

"Children of yours in the number of fifteen shall be chosen and blessed with our power to end The Corruption."

Setting

It is now 35 years after The Corruption began. Oblivia remains the same as it was: a dying wasteland of enslavement and terror. However, Solum Natale, flourishes. Nothing short of paradise, the Legendaries have protected the island from all attempts attacks from Team Chaos. The people there are well settled, though no electricity or machinery is used in honor of Mew. A second generation of the escapees are growing up, and it is now time for the Prophecy made by the Legendries to be fulfilled.

Daily life for the people in Solum Natale is easygoing and peaceful. Everyone lives off the land, farming without machine, gathering berries, and trading with other rebel groups in Oblivia. Through a system of Pidove, the escapees obtain information and necessary supplies from small groups that have successfully evaded Team Chaos. Some small, unevolved Pokémon have migrated to the island, but PokeBalls no longer exist except in the form of Corrupt Balls. A trainer can only 'catch' a Pokémon by befriending it. This means the Pokémon must choose willingly to be partners with a human if they are to no longer be deemed a wild Pokémon.

Plot

You are a young man or woman between the ages of twelve and eighteen. A specific Legendary Pokémon has chosen you to end the reign of Team Chaos. On the same night, 15 of you shall be visited by your Legendary and blessed by them. To aid in your quest, a starter Pokémon and Eevee egg will also be gifted to you. You shall only know what Legendary has chosen you by the insignia of the Pokémon burned a bright white onto your left arm. As soon as you awake, the two eggs will hatch, and you will depart on you journey to the region Oblivion: The Capitol of Oblivia where Team Chaos' base resides. Your goal is to grow as strong as you can before you reach Oblivion, where you shall be met by your Legendary Pokémon to battle Zystre and his Council.

Rules

1.) All DC Forum rules apply

2.) Please only join if you are familiar with Pokémon

3.) Only one character per user

4.) You may not use a starter or Legendary that another person has chosen

5.) No more than 4 moves per Pokémon

6.) You may not capture other Pokémon. You may only have your starter and Eevee

7.) You may evolve your Eevee to any form you would like

8.) Post at least 5 sentences per post

9.) No powerplaying or God-modding

10.) Keep all violence and romance PG-13

11.) Try to keep active

12.) Put Solum Natale in the OTHER section of you read the rules

13.) Include everyone please. Nobody enjoys RPing with themselves

14.) Have fun!!! (:

*NO X AND Y POKEMON

FORM

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Starter Pokémon:[/b] (ex. Chimchar (M))
[b]Eevee Future Form:[/b] (ex. Leafeon (F) BUT you don't have to evolve it)
[b]Chosen Legendary Pokémon:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

*PM me forms for now

Edited by Moonbeam22

Accepted Characters

Username: Moonbeam22

Name: Aryana

Appearance: -picture to be inserted-

Personality: ... to lazy - will update later

Starter Pokémon: Cyndaquil (F)

Eevee Future Form: Umbreon (M)

Chosen Legendary Pokémon: Rayquaza

Other:

Username: RoD

Name: Zoey Smith

Appearance: -to be inserted as I am using my phone right now-

Personality: Zoey is rather daring, but will do anything for Pokemon, even if it means sacrificing her life

Starter Pokémon: Snivy (F)

Eevee Future Form: Jolteon (F)

Chosen Legendary Pokémon: Keldo, (if not Keldeo then Victini)

Other: is it okay if the Eevee has the dream world ability? -password accepted-

Edited by Moonbeam22

I want to know, how can you make one giant landmass without technology? And, when it comes to legendaries, is it first come, first serve?

I want to know, how can you make one giant landmass without technology? And, when it comes to legendaries, is it first come, first serve?

Thousand of huge water Pokemon xd.png

Yes, legendaires are first come first serve

I'm back, and I'm not leaving just because you want me to.

First, I can understand Team Rocket and Plasma (despite that the were ruined years ago) but again, Team Galactic has no need to be here. There goal (or at least, Cyrus's goal) is to create a world without emotion. Cyrus wanted to destroy the very fabric of reality and start over. He did not want the world he's living in now, but extremely corrupt.

Second, Oblivion? You don't have to be psychic type to predict what I'm about to say.

And before you beat me up about how this is all my opinion, it is a fact that all of the evil teams have been defeated, and it is a fact that Team Galactic would want no part of this, and it is a fact that Oblivia already exists. So please, change things to be realistic. Saying that you don't care about the demise of the Teams is like saying that you can fly, and then jump off a cliff believing that. You need to jump off this cliff with a pair of wings. Maybe tiny, starter wings, but wings.

I'm back, and I'm not leaving just because you want me to.

First, I can understand Team Rocket and Plasma (despite that the were ruined years ago) but again, Team Galactic has no need to be here. There goal (or at least, Cyrus's goal) is to create a world without emotion. Cyrus wanted to destroy the very fabric of reality and start over. He did not want the world he's living in now, but extremely corrupt.

Second, Oblivion? You don't have to be psychic type to predict what I'm about to say.

And before you beat me up about how this is all my opinion, it is a fact that all of the evil teams have been defeated, and it is a fact that Team Galactic would want no part of this, and it is a fact that Oblivia already exists. So please, change things to be realistic. Saying that you don't care about the demise of the Teams is like saying that you can fly, and then jump off a cliff believing that. You need to jump off this cliff with a pair of wings. Maybe tiny, starter wings, but wings.

Okay... so if I take Team Galactic out of Team Choas and rename Oblivia/Oblivion, would that make it better? I want to keep the rest, as Plasma technically split in half after the whole N thing and most of Team Chaos is new recruits.

I will edit it once I think of some new names...

Yes, this works. I still see some things, but this got posted what, Yesterday? I'd also like to say something: please don't post unfinished RPs. As a browser, I've seen plotless RPs, grammatically awfully RPs, and even just plain out loud bad RPs (and criticized a few, too) but in all of my DC days, I have never seen an unfinished one. Use Word, or leave up your tab, or something, but just please don't post unfinished ones. I can't speak for others, but I find it really annoying when someone goes out of their way to say "please don't post here" because they didn't finish it.

Irregardless, I'm interested to see where this goes. Will be stalking.

I will also apologize for my bluntness (again). I'm just a really hardcore gamer. Like, as in, Chuggaaconroy level hardcore.

Edited by Psycho Cat

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "unfinished". I came up with the idea and wrote as it came to me. This is why we look for critique and suggestions. If you are calling what is posted now "unfinished," then I'm sorry that I don't meet your standards.

I also don't understand why this is "overdone," either. I like intricate plotlines, okay? I want grammar, spelling, and plot critiques, not technicalities and complaints that you don't like my roleplay.

I didn't post here to have my work ripped apart by picky fans...

I meant the very first post. What is here and now is finished. Not approval finished, but finished.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "unfinished". I came up with the idea and wrote as it came to me. This is why we look for critique and suggestions. If you are calling what is posted now "unfinished," then I'm sorry that I don't meet your standards.

I also don't understand why this is "overdone," either. I like intricate plotlines, okay? I want grammar, spelling, and plot critiques, not technicalities and complaints that you don't like my roleplay.

I didn't post here to have my work ripped apart by picky fans...

Oh, I'm sorry! sad.gif I was trying to help a little bit........maybe you should just disregard it. It's not a bad plot, it's just the part where the bad guys team up is what I tend to see. I'll just delete that post, pretend it never existed, if I'm hurting your feelings.

OP, are you up for more critique? I'm not sure what the status is here.

Okay, sorry for the delay!

Alright, this doesn't really need any changes! Approved. Have fun roleplaying! smile.gif

Bump tongue.gif And I'm ready to play