pinkieseb

The Crystal

Ember told Atlas that he had a dream where two magis from different kingdoms were fighting each other and he was fighting a water hatchling until he got trapped in an ice cube. When the story ended, he ran around in circles once more. "No you're not! It's just a stupid dream, it'll never happen. I know, because I once had a nightmare as a hatchling where I was crushed by a fallen boulder. If that dream had been real, I would never be standing in this room before you," Atlas told him, trying to calm down the little hatchling and assure him that everything will be all right.

When she had finally located Atlas, who was talking to a red hatchling, she said. "Hello Atlas. I want you to meet me at seven o'clock sharp tomorrow morning at the training field. I need to tell you something important." Without waiting for Atlas to reply she flew away and headed towards the gardens. I haven't been in a real battle in a long time. maybe when I see Atlas tomorrow it might change.

Icefyre the queen came into the incubation room and told the warrior to meet her at 7 tomorrow at the training field. "Right, I'll there then, your majesty," Atlas replied as the hellhorse dragoness flew out. The magi turned back to Ember and said, "So anyway, don't worry about it. I promise you that it's never going to happen. And I'm pretty darn sure that the neither kingdoms will send any of their hatchlings into battle."

Icefyre the queen came into the incubation room and told the warrior to meet her at 7 tomorrow at the training field. "Right, I'll there then, your majesty," Atlas replied as the hellhorse dragoness flew out. The magi turned back to Ember and said, "So anyway, don't worry about it. I promise you that it's never going to happen. And I'm pretty darn sure that the neither kingdoms will send any of their hatchlings into battle."

the big dragon was correct.with enough practising at a young age,mabe he would have a edge in battlee.so he did the first thing that came up in his mind:put war paint oh his face using berries,and posing honorably.all he needed left:true valor.

and he eyed the perfect target,a rat.before he went,though,he tried to warm a few eggs.then he charged at the rat.

Atlas chuckled heartily at the young hatchling trying to be a warrior. 'Look at him, he's only a day old and he's already getting into his fighting spirit. I can't wait to see what kind of warrior he'll turn up to be when he grows up,' she thought. She waited to see if Ember would catch the rat. If he couldn't, she could give him some tip on how to catch prey.

Edited by Red Dragonette

((I am! Unless Danwar has more plans in Day 1.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

((Okay.))

The next day, Atlas woke up and got out of her quarters and went to the cafeteria for breakfast. She ate ham, eggs, and bacon and drank orange juice. When she was done, she went to the training ground. There she waited for Queen Icefyre to show up with the important message she had.

ember woke up,looking at the rat skeleton he ate the meat off of.that day was glorious for him.sure,he had a bite mark or two,but how was he supposed to know how tough the art of war is?he walked around the hatchery,longing to go out.but he didn't wanna go out yet.he looked around,looking for his freind,atlas.

About a few minutes later, the hellhorse queen herself arrived at the training field with what seemed to be a number of twenty-five dragons. The recruits stood to the side as Icefyre walked over to Atlas. "Atlas, you've been a mighty fine warrior on the battlefields and your courage and loyalty has served us well for years. I was thinking about having you promoted into an honored warrior this evening," the queen said.

Atlas was excited; all the hard work she had done through over the many decades had finally paid off and given her the dream of becoming one of the honored. "My queen, this is a dream come true! I don't know what to say. I'm very honored and all," the magi said.

Icefyre smiled and said, "I know you are, Atlas. But that's not the only thing I came her to talk to you about. See these recruits over there? These are dragons eager to learn how to become warriors and I thought I'd demonstrate what combat on the field is like by sparring with a strong warrior like you."

"Huh? I'm fighting with you?" asked Atlas. She was quite surprised to hear that she was going to spar with her majesty herself, when normally the magi would train against other warriors.

"Yes Atlas, you're fighting me. It's been a long time since I fought my last battle and I want to make sure my skills haven't dwindled over the past years. That's why I'm picking you to be my opponent. So let's give these recruits a show and show them how it's done," the queen answered.

The other dragoness grinned, accepting the challenge, and replied, "Alright, if that's what you want. Don't expect me to go easy on you."

Icefyre replied, "I wouldn't have it any other way." Then the two dragonesses fought each other with claws, magic, and flame breaths. The recruits were enjoying watching their queen in action.

((Okay, I'll admit; I'm a bit power-hungry. I was originally going to have Atlas work her way up through the RP in becoming a honored, but since 0023567467 has left the RP, I decided to take advantage of giving myself a promotion. Yeah, I know, that's low, but still I'm doing it. Also as of now, Atlas has been retconned into an adult and not young adult.))

About a few minutes later, the hellhorse queen herself arrived at the training field with what seemed to be a number of twenty-five dragons. The recruits stood to the side as Icefyre walked over to Atlas. "Atlas, you've been a mighty fine warrior on the battlefields and your courage and loyalty has served us well for years. I was thinking about having you promoted into an honored warrior this evening," the queen said.

Atlas was excited; all the hard work she had done through over the many decades had finally paid off and given her the dream of becoming one of the honored. "My queen, this is a dream come true! I don't know what to say. I'm very honored and all," the magi said.

Icefyre smiled and said, "I know you are, Atlas. But that's not the only thing I came her to talk to you about. See these recruits over there? These are dragons eager to learn how to become warriors and I thought I'd demonstrate what combat on the field is like by sparring with a strong warrior like you."

"Huh? I'm fighting with you?" asked Atlas. She was quite surprised to hear that she was going to spar with her majesty herself, when normally the magi would train against other warriors.

"Yes Atlas, you're fighting me. It's been a long time since I fought my last battle and I want to make sure my skills haven't dwindled over the past years. That's why I'm picking you to be my opponent. So let's give these recruits a show and show them how it's done," the queen answered.

The other dragoness grinned, accepting the challenge, and replied, "Alright, if that's what you want. Don't expect me to go easy on you."

Icefyre replied, "I wouldn't have it any other way." Then the two dragonesses fought each other with claws, magic, and flame breaths. The recruits were enjoying watching their queen in action.

((Okay, I'll admit; I'm a bit power-hungry. I was originally going to have Atlas work her way up through the RP in becoming a honored, but since 0023567467 has left the RP, I decided to take advantage of giving myself a promotion. Yeah, I know, that's low, but still I'm doing it. Also as of now, Atlas has been retconned into an adult and not young adult.))

(ok,timejump,i guess?)

((Yes it is, I just forgot about this RP. And yes Danwar, we can timeskip. I'll let you start.))

ember was hungry.again. with a sigh,he looked for a new foe to fest on.he then looked at the outside world,warming a egg one last time.he then turned back to the exit of the hatchery,walking twords it.

Dana meandered through the forest, looking for prey. Her stomach growled loudly as she walked, and she immediately froze, waiting to see if any prey that was nearby had heard.

Apparently it had, because almost faster than she could react Dana saw a rabbit spring from a bush and run a few feet away before she managed to pounce on it, killing it instantly. As always when the you Guardian Dragon ate, she pulled her tail-shield up to protect her back. That was one thing that she had learned very well from her father when he was teaching her to be a warrior.

"Always watch your back." He used to remind her.

Dana smiled at the old memory and pulled a leg free of the small hare.

Atlas walked down the hall with a bag of some fresh catch of squirrels and rabbits to feed the hatchlings in the nursery. "Ember's going to love his first taste of forest food caught by the hunters," the honored warrior said to herself. She reached the nursery and found the red hatchling at the entrance. "Well if it isn't the early bird. How was your sleep last night, Ember? You didn't have any crazy dreams that time, did you?" Atlas greeted him. "Anyway, I got some rabbits and squirrels for you and the other hatchlings. Here, have a pick." She opened the bag to let the hatchling have his breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------

Axel the ember dragon was out on his morning hunt for food in the forest. His ears listened out hard for the movements of creatures within his auditory range and his nose tried to pick up the smelly scents of prey. These were the two senses that were most important to him in tracking down prey during his hunts along with his eyesight to look for distinctive features that would alert him of nearby animals. The ember dragon trekked along until he came across a guardian dragon. Putting on his flirty smirk and voice tone, he greeted, "Hello babe, looks like you've made quite a clean kill here." He looked at the hare by her feet.

((I just made a form for Axel on the OOC thread.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Dana's ears perked up and she turned her head to look at the voice behind her.

"...babe?" She responded. When had anyone ever done anything besides bark orders at her?

She blinked for a moment, but then once his question registered she quickly replied "Oh, uh, thanks.. My name's Dana, what's yours?"

"Yep, that's you," Axel said, pointing to her when the guardian responded. Then when asked what was his name, the ember flashed a grin and answered, "My name is Axel. A-X-E-L, got it memorized?" Dana sounded like a pretty name, which was fitting for a babe such as her.

((Like my Kingdom Hearts reference? smile.gif ))

Atlas walked down the hall with a bag of some fresh catch of squirrels and rabbits to feed the hatchlings in the nursery. "Ember's going to love his first taste of forest food caught by the hunters," the honored warrior said to herself. She reached the nursery and found the red hatchling at the entrance. "Well if it isn't the early bird. How was your sleep last night, Ember? You didn't have any crazy dreams that time, did you?" Atlas greeted him. "Anyway, I got some rabbits and squirrels for you and the other hatchlings. Here, have a pick." She opened the bag to let the hatchling have his breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------

Axel the ember dragon was out on his morning hunt for food in the forest. His ears listened out hard for the movements of creatures within his auditory range and his nose tried to pick up the smelly scents of prey. These were the two senses that were most important to him in tracking down prey during his hunts along with his eyesight to look for distinctive features that would alert him of nearby animals. The ember dragon trekked along until he came across a guardian dragon. Putting on his flirty smirk and voice tone, he greeted, "Hello babe, looks like you've made quite a clean kill here." He looked at the hare by her feet.

((I just made a form for Axel on the OOC thread.))

He leapt into the bag,scurrying through the pile-then he came out,a sqiurrel in his mouth.he landed and started eating his food.he then said,after swallowing a bit of squrrel meat,releived that atlas is alive:

"Atlas,why wern't you here yesterday?i was worried you died in a battle."

Edited by danwar123

When asked why she wasn't here yesterday, Atlas answered, "Well kid, I was busy training the new recruits all day, teaching the basics in war, fighting moves, and all that. It was quite tiresome, I tell you, but hey, at least they learned something. And get this, kiddo, I had a sparring match with the queen and got protected to an honored warrior." She smiled with pride at the last part of what she had just said.

When asked why she wasn't here yesterday, Atlas answered, "Well kid, I was busy training the new recruits all day, teaching the basics in war, fighting moves, and all that. It was quite tiresome, I tell you, but hey, at least they learned something. And get this, kiddo, I had a sparring match with the queen and got protected to an honored warrior." She smiled with pride at the last part of what she had just said.

by the time atlas finished talking,ember's maw had neeary touched the ground.he was VERY shocked.

(if i where ember at that moment,i would have a exspression like this: ohmy.gif )

there was a munute of scilence that felt like a hour.finally,ember said:"c-can you teach me?"

Edited by danwar123

The red hatchling's jaw dropped and he was speechless. Apparently, he had been surprised at what he just heard. Atlas smiled and thought, 'Looks like I have a fan here.' When asked if she could teach Ember, the magi chuckled heartily as she patted his head and answered, "When you're older. You're too young to be getting into battles and all that. But at least I can teach you a few really fun moves to use in play-fights. Think of it as practice before you enter the military." Then she began with the first lesson that came to mind, "If you and your playmate jump into the air during the fight, there's two moves you can use: 1) you can jab your paw into his side or face and knock him out of the air or 2) you can use your hindleg to kick at him."

Dana blinked confusedly.

"Since when has anyone given me a compliment?" SHe thought to herself, her prey still in her talons.

"Uh..." She began, not really knowing what to say to the strange ember dragon that had seemingly just appeared out of no where.

((Sorry for delayed response I forgot about this rp))

The red hatchling's jaw dropped and he was speechless. Apparently, he had been surprised at what he just heard. Atlas smiled and thought, 'Looks like I have a fan here.' When asked if she could teach Ember, the magi chuckled heartily as she patted his head and answered, "When you're older. You're too young to be getting into battles and all that. But at least I can teach you a few really fun moves to use in play-fights. Think of it as practice before you enter the military." Then she began with the first lesson that came to mind, "If you and your playmate jump into the air during the fight, there's two moves you can use: 1) you can jab your paw into his side or face and knock him out of the air or 2) you can use your hindleg to kick at him."

"thanks for the info.i never knew that i was being visited by a master warrior!"

ember grinned."i hope i can use that aganst another rat i attack(or even a fellow hatchling in a play-fight,lie you said!)"

ember continued,"and i agree that i am too old to actually battle."he looked at his bite marks he got from the rat,regretfull of the choice of actions in the fight.he could have done a bit better.

Edited by danwar123